Author Topic: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?  (Read 163752 times)

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #420 on: September 21, 2012, 10:08:13 am »
i'm not sure, ako kasi yung nagcontinue nung legacy/tradition ng pamilya ko, so baka hindi?

muy003

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #421 on: October 21, 2012, 10:38:07 am »
Im unapologetic about this, im keeping mine, hyphen si h2b. M kast name carries so much pride in it, its not that i dont want his, i just want mine.

Question for the ladies who retained their maiden surname,
- if magchange ng status for the ids and passport, ilalagay mo married ka, yung last name ba nakasulat eh original surname-new surname? Or just the orignal surname, tas kumbaga for common use na lang yung hyphenated? Or you could opt to do either?

-once registered na ang marriage nyo, pag nag nbi clearance ba, last name ng asawa mo ang lalabas, or still yours, or the hyphenated version...

Help lang, please enlighten me, will have civil wedding next month. I love my name, willing to add name to it but not 'hide' it.. In honor of my dad din ito.

raven03

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #422 on: October 22, 2012, 04:40:08 pm »
^hi hun! In my case kasi, I opted not to use my husband's name either sa common use or legal docs. Like my passport says married pero, i have the same name as before. When i updated my work visa, married pero same name. Even my schengen visa was like this, and even maybe my us visa (im yet to know, next month pa ko mag-a-apply. But so far, i got no issues outside the PI.

Sa NBI, i'm yet to know as well.

showermist

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #423 on: October 23, 2012, 09:01:51 am »
I am not suppose to use my husband's name but due to legal paper works, I had to change name. Para lang mapadali lahat.

darkmocha

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #424 on: October 23, 2012, 02:09:27 pm »
I now use my husband's surname. Tho sometimes, if needed sa documents I still use my old surname kasi hassle dami pa kailangan to change to married name hehe

theshopaholicprincess

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #425 on: October 23, 2012, 03:12:44 pm »
sa grad school I haven't changed my surname. I still retain my maiden name at sa ibang papers dito sa office kasi mas madali. Andami kasi inaasikaso pero I acknowledge his surname kasi hypenated sya after my maiden surname.

jenger109

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #426 on: December 05, 2012, 10:32:37 am »
No! That would be my gift to my father.. Ang ganda ng profession ko, tapos ang cacarry ko yung family name ng wala namang kahirap hirap sa akin?!

chiclet_24

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #427 on: December 05, 2012, 10:54:18 am »
I am recently married, so i am using my maiden name hyphen surname ni hubby kasi mas kilala ako sa maiden name ko esp sa work.... Though may mga times na pag nag fifilled up ako ng mga forms surname lang ni hubby gamit ko para maiksi  hehe

Beng01

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #428 on: December 05, 2012, 11:11:41 am »
I use my husband's family name, but when filling up forms, i include my maiden name.

web147

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #429 on: December 05, 2012, 07:35:41 pm »
I didn't know na pwede pala i retain yung maiden surname, sana di ko nalang pinalitan sakin. ang dami kasi nahihirapan sa surname ko! and mas proud ako sa maiden surname ko eh

airish_2

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #430 on: December 05, 2012, 08:56:46 pm »
planning to keep my surname and just hyphen his surname.

MaraAlmighty

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #431 on: December 07, 2012, 09:41:47 pm »
Pwede pala na hindi gamitin ang surname ng husband? Sayang naman. I actually like to use my Father's surname especially when I got work and all. Kaso too late na, gamit ko na surname ni husband ko.

Actually, I just told him a while ago. Sabi niya pwede nga daw. Sabi ko bakit di niya sinabi edi sana ginamit ko pa din surname ko hindi yung sayo. Ayun, nagalit sakin. Hahahaha!

t_r_i_c_i_a

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #432 on: December 07, 2012, 09:48:02 pm »
I actually asked my bf about this, kung d ko daw gagamitin surname niya. Kalimutan ko na rin daw na magpapakasal kami. So.. I guess it's not an option for me.

stameygirl

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #433 on: December 14, 2012, 02:19:50 pm »
^Ganun? Nag-propose na ba? Haba ng hair niya ha.

FayeP

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #434 on: December 14, 2012, 05:55:19 pm »
at first, di ko gamit lastname ni hubby although un mga government forms like SSS, BIR, philhealth, pinapalitan ko na, pero sa work maiden name ko talaga gamit ko...

pero nagkaproblem ka\\ako sa bank kasi un check ko sa SSS, eh married name ang nakalagay tapos un bank account ko maiden name so pinapalitan ko na lahat pati un sa work...kaya gamit ko na lastname nya...

muy003

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #435 on: December 16, 2012, 06:05:09 am »
Ladies, saang document magrereflect na im using or not using my hubby's surname? Sa cert of marriage, the name of the wife, as typed is still my maiden name. Thats usual naman? I want to understand lang, saang document we can get to sorta decide we're using our own surname. Is there that one document that will signify the decision which surname we're using? I know na papachange status yung ibang docs, pero im concerned sa name, pakilinaw lang mga misis. Kung di ko ipapabago name, its me keeping my own name, parang ganun ba yun?? haha. gulo ba? sorry..

Thank you!

stameygirl

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #436 on: December 16, 2012, 05:47:00 pm »
^ If you're keeping your maiden name, then only the change in your legal status will be reflected in documents.

Myealexis21

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #437 on: December 16, 2012, 07:33:39 pm »
I'm still using my maiden name right now.  But I'm planning to use his.  As much as I love my surname, gusto ko parepareho kami ng surname ng future children ko :)

Kailarueluka

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #438 on: December 17, 2012, 04:16:35 pm »
it means a lot to my husband that is why i give in.
right now im using his surname along side my maiden name. kahit sa business card mas masaya sya pag kasama ang surname nya sa pangalan ko!  ;D
medyo madami lang ako ginawang update sa status at legalities like passport, sss, insurance, etc

mrsB

  • Guest
Re: Using the husband's surname, will you or will you not?
« Reply #439 on: December 17, 2012, 04:26:12 pm »
Oo naman. Ang sabi nga ng friend ko nung college, "iisang pamilya kayo kaya dapat iisa ang apelido."

I am now officially using my husband's surname after a few months of retaining the use of my maiden name. Mas madali kasi kung consistent na married name na ang gagamitin sa mga documents, less hassle in the future.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close