watch now

Author Topic: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2  (Read 579451 times)

jhez

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1180 on: June 26, 2010, 02:56:32 pm »
^ako po ba? F2B sya, so need nya muna mauna then tsaka fiancee visa para sakin naman. based sa experiences dito sa thread, 2-5 years nabasa ko...

misao

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1181 on: June 26, 2010, 03:04:32 pm »
^kung f2b unmarried son over 21, sabi sa seminar (pdos) mas mabilis kung bumalik na lang sya dyan agad, get married, return, then file for a petition (3-5 yrs). kesa maghintay syang maging citizen (5 yrs.) tsaka lang mag-file ng petition (+1 yr.). this will be discussed sa seminar so sabihin mo sa kanya makinig syang mabuti hehe. good luck!

jhez

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1182 on: June 26, 2010, 03:41:33 pm »
^di ba need antayin yung green card? so 1-2 years na yun. then filing etc etc... ayoko isipin.. hahaha... what is pdos sis?  ;D

FABems

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1183 on: June 26, 2010, 07:34:43 pm »
Mga sis regarding police certificate na iffile, police certificate lang dito sa pinas diba? i heard kasi kailangan din daw kung saan ka nagwork na country previously? please help

misao

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1184 on: June 27, 2010, 01:12:10 am »
^^pre-departure orientation seminar. greencard ko one month lang dumating na. yung stamp sa passport serves as a temporary gc for one year so pwede rin gamitin yun. kaya yung iba as soon as may gc na (o kahit yung nasa passport lang) umuuwi ng pinas after 2 mos sa u.s., get married then return din agad.

^read about the reciprocity by country sa travel.state.gov depende sa country kung san ka nag-work o tumira, bibigyan ka lang ng police clearance kung current resident ka. if not, ok lang walang police clearance kasi di ka naman makakalabas ng country na yun kung may kaso ka. so please check that. sa tin nbi clearance lang get 2 copies para di na pabalik-balik.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 01:15:05 am by misao »

FABems

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1185 on: June 27, 2010, 01:18:45 am »
^thanks sis you're so helpful :)

annn

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1186 on: June 27, 2010, 10:50:20 am »
hmm i mean sis if the boyfriend is here in manila , is there anyhting he can do here for his girlfriend/fiancee while hes here (via us embassy) or he needs to do that when he gets back to the us?

thanks!:)

misao

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1187 on: June 27, 2010, 11:54:26 am »
^^you're welcome. good luck!

^what's his status? lpr or usc? lpr can petition spouse. usc can petition fiancee/spouse. if he's only about to leave under f2b, he MUST remain single.

jaymien

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1188 on: June 28, 2010, 08:08:43 pm »
hello sisters! ask ko lang if kung nabayaran na ni hubby yung iv processing fee ($400),anong mga papers ang dapat i-expect namin and ano na mga next steps for us? last question pala, after iv fee is paid,mga kelan kaya kami makaalis ng daugther ko? hoping for your kind reply.thanks and
God bless sisters!

jhez

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1189 on: June 30, 2010, 09:56:39 am »
@misao, i hope ganun nga mangyari... :) thank you...

hime

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1190 on: July 02, 2010, 09:46:37 am »
I am 29. My dad is a US citizen already and he did not want to petition any of us. He retired 6 years ago and he is with us now. 2 years ago, around April 2008, my aunt visited us and they cajoled my dad to petition us. So it was filed when they went back there. Yesterday my aunt emailed me that the petition was granted.

Super dumbstruck talaga ako! And ngayon, it seems like the wedding bells will be postponed! Hay...

qmoonlight

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1191 on: July 02, 2010, 07:47:41 pm »
hi, i don't think you need not to  postpone your wedding kasi US citizens can file a petition for married children. Just like my case sis. Though i'm not married yet when my dad petitioned for me but when i got married i reclassified it from F1 to F3. The advantage of it is that your spouse and children are included in your petition. Meaning, no need to file for a separate petition for them. Possible pwede kayo sabay lilipad.

hime

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1192 on: July 04, 2010, 08:41:02 am »
^ thanks for the info. though kung mare-reclassify from F1 to F3, tatagal ba? I mean, panibagong process na naman for the petition approval?

Sun005

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1193 on: July 05, 2010, 02:35:17 pm »
^ thanks for the info. though kung mare-reclassify from F1 to F3, tatagal ba? I mean, panibagong process na naman for the petition approval?

No. Macoconvert lang yung f1 mo sa f3. and you should inform them about it. Mas matagal nga lang talaga yung sa f3 compared sa f1. this month, May 93 yung pinoprocess nila.

misao

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1194 on: July 06, 2010, 01:27:50 am »
hi kumusta mga f2a? iniisip ko kung pakasal na ko sa bf ko para makuha ko sya. napaka-unromantic ng situation namin. hay!

@hime, if the petition has only been approved, matagal pa hihintayin nyo. accdg to the july visa bulletin,
f1 - sept '95 and f3 - may '93.
kung sa california service center na-file, processing time
f1 - nov '05 and f3 - june '02.

go ahead, get married para sabay na lang kayo pupunta sa u.s. grabe ang hirap ng may naiiwan dyang bf/spouse. good luck!
 

qmoonlight

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1195 on: July 06, 2010, 11:13:22 am »
^ thanks for the info. though kung mare-reclassify from F1 to F3, tatagal ba? I mean, panibagong process na naman for the petition approval?
No changes with regard sa  priority date but of course the F1 is medyo nauna ang processing kesa F3. But there are lots of disadvantages to it. Kasi sa F1 if ever may visa ka na for that ikaw lang ang makakalabas ng una then you have to be back again and marry your spouse then file another petition for him which of course we knew na medyo matagal din ang pagkuha sa kanya. That's why i really weigh the pros and cons before i reclassified my petition. That's your option sis.

bhaby.angel05

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1196 on: July 07, 2010, 08:10:09 pm »
hi mga sis! ask ko lang kung pwede ba ko ipetition ng uncle ko? he's a green card holder na dun sa us with a job na din

qmoonlight

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1197 on: July 08, 2010, 08:22:14 am »
hi mga sis! ask ko lang kung pwede ba ko ipetition ng uncle ko? he's a green card holder na dun sa us with a job na din
I don't think so sis kasi as far as i know those who can petition are only your immediate family. Meaning it's either your parents or siblings. Unless adopted ka ng uncle mo. But marami naman way to go to the US. Tourist or student visa. Yon nga lang not easy.

Sun005

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1198 on: July 08, 2010, 01:03:05 pm »
I don't think so sis kasi as far as i know those who can petition are only your immediate family. Meaning it's either your parents or siblings. Unless adopted ka ng uncle mo. But marami naman way to go to the US. Tourist or student visa. Yon nga lang not easy.

I agree, Walang category kasi para sa nephew/niece. Siblings, Parents, Son/Daughter pwede ipetition. Try mo rin un Employment Visa. Just look for employer

septembernine

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #1199 on: July 13, 2010, 01:39:35 pm »
updated na visa bulletin. march 2009 na!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close