watch now

Author Topic: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2  (Read 578028 times)

Vera

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #340 on: February 23, 2009, 08:04:59 pm »
By the way, heads-up to everyone. There's an item where they ask for your address history since you were 16 years old. Don't put your address since birth. In my case, I lived with my parents from 1980 - 1997 (17 years). When I put that I lived there since 1980, they sent back my application for correction. Dapat from 1996-1997 lang (from 16 years old to 17 years old). They can't change the schedule for you! Geez.

misao

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #341 on: February 23, 2009, 09:35:21 pm »
^Oh no. I just did that last week. Hmm... delaying tactic for me hehe. Almost everyday naiiyak na ko just thinking of leaving my bf of 5 years. :(
Good luck on your interview!

mommy_j

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #342 on: February 25, 2009, 02:04:24 pm »
hello po. question lang po baka meron nakakaalam.
we already have a scheduled visa interview on March 23, under F3 ang category namin, bale naisama ko as derivative ang husband and 2 kids ko.  yung latest addition sa family namin, a daughter who is 2 months old, eh hindi naisama sa na-process ng petition papers. according dun sa US embassy Manila site, i just need to provide them a birth certificate and pay the necessary visa processing fee.  gaano kaya katagal aabutin ang processing ng papers ng bebe ko?  should I go before our interview day o pwede na sa mismong araw ng interview na malapit na rin naman. tia sa makakasagot or makakapag-share ng same experience.

cha-cha

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #343 on: February 25, 2009, 10:37:33 pm »
^hi sis! I actually have the same question..
wala pa naman ako interview schedule.bale now, magbabayad pa lang ang hubby ko ng $400 application fee..
when my hubby filed a petition, wala pa kaming baby nun..so ngayon napaprocess na yung papers namin, wala yung baby namin sa petition..pano kaya po yun?

by the way sis, gano katagal bago kayo nabigyan ng interview sked..right now kasi, yun nga, nasa pagbabayad pa lang kami ng $400...how long pa bago kami mainterview kaya..F2A pala yun category ko...tia!

baby_doll

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #344 on: February 25, 2009, 10:49:15 pm »
advise ko lang to those who will undergo their visa interview, get a CENOMAR, whether you're married or single. The consul asked me for this which I didn't have because I'm already married. The consul said that I should have gotten one. But luckily naman, I'm approved. Sabi they started asking for the cenomar after they stopped the document verification.

Good luck to those who will have their interview!

Vera

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #345 on: February 26, 2009, 07:46:49 am »
Hi baby_doll, thanks for the reminder. What do they usually ask during the interview?

mommy_j

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #346 on: February 26, 2009, 09:24:58 am »
^hi sis! I actually have the same question..
wala pa naman ako interview schedule.bale now, magbabayad pa lang ang hubby ko ng $400 application fee..
when my hubby filed a petition, wala pa kaming baby nun..so ngayon napaprocess na yung papers namin, wala yung baby namin sa petition..pano kaya po yun?

by the way sis, gano katagal bago kayo nabigyan ng interview sked..right now kasi, yun nga, nasa pagbabayad pa lang kami ng $400...how long pa bago kami mainterview kaya..F2A pala yun category ko...tia!

hello! i got a response na from the US Embassy dito sa Manila.  They told me to just provide them a certified copy of my daughter's birth certificate in Philippine NSO paper..through fax, e-mail or in person, in order for them to determine my daughter's entitlement to derivative status.  Shempre mas madali kung fax or e-mail na lang.

about dun sa question mo. F3 ang category namin so it took more than 18 years of waiting (from F1 category to F3), June 3, 1991 priority date namin.  Nung nagpa-change ako ng category, this was 2-3 years ago pa yata, I inquired with the NVC (through e-mail) on how to go about it.  They asked lang that I provide them with my Marriage Certificate and the Birth Certificates of my children so they can be added as derivatives.  Tapos that time din they sent us documents such as "Choice of Agent", Affidavit of Support", etc. and they already asked us to pay for the processing fee and informed us that we just need to wait for our priority date to become current.  This month lang naging current ang priority date namin and we were informed nga by my sister (my agent) na naka-receive na cya ng notice from NVC na March 23 na nga interview namin.  We only have to wait for the Packet 4 (tama ba?) para yun ang dadalhin namin sa medical and interview.  Ngayon, di ko alam kung ano ang mangyayari dun sa additional derivative.  I still have to wait for the US Embassy's response once ma-send ko na yung birth certificate ng daughter ko.

so,  it's better that you inquire with the NVC (NVCInquiry@state.gov). Include your name, category, petitioner and priority date in your e-mail.  You can expect a response in a week's time.  hope this helps ... 

baby_doll

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #347 on: February 26, 2009, 12:47:57 pm »
Hi baby_doll, thanks for the reminder. What do they usually ask during the interview?

Hi Vera, simple questions lang naman like age, husband's job, husband's address, etc.

Sa documents naman, they only asked me for the remittance receipts, letters, wedding pictures and yun nga CEMAR or Marriage Index (yun pala tawag dun pag married na).

Vera

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #348 on: February 27, 2009, 09:09:56 am »
Hi baby_doll, you're talking about the I-130 right? I checked the requirements to bring (they emailed me the checklist), how come hindi naman nilagay dun na kailangan ng CEMAR, wedding photos, remittance receipts (what's this?).

In lieu of CEMAR, can I present the marriage certificate? Also, my passports hasn't been amended to my married name. Is that fine?


Lastly, to those whose are already in the US under I-130, how long do I have to stay in the US before going back to the Phils? Do I need to wait for my green card so I can take a vacation?

pt_2000mf

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #349 on: February 27, 2009, 04:30:10 pm »
Hi sori now lang ako ulit nakapag open ng FN ko anyways have this problem my partner receive a letter coming from NVC ata yun na me MNL2005... ask ko lang ano ba yung MNL2005?... plus bakit ganun yun visa bulletin parang bumabalik ang processing time last year when i check the bulletin it state na parang 2005 something na now nakita ko parang 2001 na.... plus ganun ba talaga katagal yung processing time first letter na na receive nya un galing sa NVC.. petition kasi sya by his parents i think under I130 sya... sori dami questions confuse lang talaga... ???

cha-cha

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #350 on: February 27, 2009, 10:14:35 pm »
thanks mommy_j!

anyways, I've also inquire kanina sa Us Embassy Manila.okay lang naman daw na hintayin kong iforward muna sa UsEmb Manila yung completed case from NVC bago ko i-add yun son ko..just need to fax the birth certificate at letter of request...or pede ko na rin daw iupdate ang NVC para yun susunod na notice e kasama na yun son ko..i can do either way..so baka iupdate na lang ng hubby ko ang NVC para sa additional derivative..mas maganda raw siguro na before ng interview date ko e maiadd na yun son ko...anyway, 55pesos/minute na pala ngayon ang inquiry sa embassy, hehe! huli kong tawag sa kanila e 25pesos/minute lang, hehee!


baby_doll

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #351 on: February 28, 2009, 01:13:01 am »
Hi baby_doll, you're talking about the I-130 right? I checked the requirements to bring (they emailed me the checklist), how come hindi naman nilagay dun na kailangan ng CEMAR, wedding photos, remittance receipts (what's this?).

In lieu of CEMAR, can I present the marriage certificate? Also, my passports hasn't been amended to my married name. Is that fine?


Lastly, to those whose are already in the US under I-130, how long do I have to stay in the US before going back to the Phils? Do I need to wait for my green card so I can take a vacation?

Sis, what category ka? Kasi Im in F2A caterory, spouse of a legal permanent resident under i-130 din ako. Yes, di nakalagay sa checklist sa appointment packet yung mga sinabi ko but you need evidence to prove to them of your relationship to your petitioner. In my case, I was petitioned by my husband, so they asked me for proofs that I was married to my husband kaya hiningi nila CEMAR, wedding pictures, remittance receipts, etc.

CEMAR and wedding certificate are different. yung CEMAR pag kumuha ka ng CENOMAR, pag married ka na ibibigay sa iyo CEMAR or Marriage Index. CEMAR lists your marriages ex. Jane is married to John on mm/dd/yyyy blah blah blah, while yung marriage certificate is yung contract nyo that you signed when you got married. Just to be sure, bring both, CEMAR and marriage certificate.

I suggest get your CEMAR na kasi it will take more or less 10 days to arrive. You never know kasi kung ano hihingiin ng consul mas maganda yung ready ka whatever documents hingin sa iyo di ba? ;)

Go to http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=129 marami kang matututunan dun and you can post questions din and marami sasagot.

Good Luck!!!

dovey

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #352 on: February 28, 2009, 01:20:45 am »
hellooo...

i have some questions to ask. my priority date is march 2003. f2 based. my lola already paid 400$. how long will it take to received the iv packet? last sept. 17, 2008 nya binayaran yun. wala pa rin kc akong updates. am 21 y.o na pala. will my age affect the delay of the process? how will i inquire about my case? help me.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 02:45:19 pm by dovey »

cha-cha

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #353 on: March 01, 2009, 03:25:31 pm »
Sis, what category ka? Kasi Im in F2A caterory, spouse of a legal permanent resident under i-130 din ako. Yes, di nakalagay sa checklist sa appointment packet yung mga sinabi ko but you need evidence to prove to them of your relationship to your petitioner. In my case, I was petitioned by my husband, so they asked me for proofs that I was married to my husband kaya hiningi nila CEMAR, wedding pictures, remittance receipts, etc.

CEMAR and wedding certificate are different. yung CEMAR pag kumuha ka ng CENOMAR, pag married ka na ibibigay sa iyo CEMAR or Marriage Index. CEMAR lists your marriages ex. Jane is married to John on mm/dd/yyyy blah blah blah, while yung marriage certificate is yung contract nyo that you signed when you got married. Just to be sure, bring both, CEMAR and marriage certificate.

I suggest get your CEMAR na kasi it will take more or less 10 days to arrive. You never know kasi kung ano hihingiin ng consul mas maganda yung ready ka whatever documents hingin sa iyo di ba? ;)

Go to http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=129 marami kang matututunan dun and you can post questions din and marami sasagot.

Good Luck!!!


hi sis! under F2A din category ko...march2005 ang priority date ko, right now, kababayad pa lang ng $400 ng hubby ko...un Choice of Agent ko pala e ako mismo, pero sana yun hubby ko na lang para mas madali ang dating ng docs, anyway, wala naman daw  prob kung sino gawin mong choice of agent...

after nito sis, ano pa ang sunod...ive checked visa bulletin and july2004 ang current ngayon, so ang estimate ko by Oct pa kami nito makakaalis or after pa...hopefully within this year kami makaalis..o nangyari ba na mas maaga sa visabulletin yun pag issue ng visa?

kaw sis, ano timeline ng status mo?

cha-cha

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #354 on: March 01, 2009, 03:38:52 pm »
san pala kumukuha ng CEMAR? NSO din ba? sounds new to me, talagang hinihingi na ba sya during the interview?

i_miss_sleep

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #355 on: March 01, 2009, 03:44:24 pm »
yung mom ko pinetition yung sis ko as f2b category. last year ang processing time for that category ay January 1, 2005. Ngayon, May 8, 2001 na. ano ba yan! paurong. California Service Center ang sa amin. :(

gusto ko tuloy i-citizen na si mommy, kase dati sabi if permanent citizen mas mabilis ipetition yung anak. which was true then. Last year kase April 30, 2001 ang F1. Ngayon halos magkadikit na. August 1, 2001 na ngayon.

baby_doll

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #356 on: March 01, 2009, 11:05:49 pm »
cha-cha,

nung naging current na yung priority date namin, nakatanggap kami ng letter mga two weeks after na maging current. kasi nung january 14 nagcurrent na-received ko yung appointment letter ng jan. 26. tapos feb.24 yung naging interview namin.

best kung kukuha ka ng CEMAR, kasi 400 lang naman yun. You never know kasi kung anong hihingiin ng consul. Mas maganda na yung sigurado. Ako kasi di ako kumuha tapos hiningi ng consul, wala akong naipakita buti na lang na-approved ako.

Vera

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #357 on: March 02, 2009, 05:20:25 pm »

CEMAR and wedding certificate are different. yung CEMAR pag kumuha ka ng CENOMAR, pag married ka na ibibigay sa iyo CEMAR or Marriage Index. CEMAR lists your marriages ex. Jane is married to John on mm/dd/yyyy blah blah blah, while yung marriage certificate is yung contract nyo that you signed when you got married. Just to be sure, bring both, CEMAR and marriage certificate.

I suggest get your CEMAR na kasi it will take more or less 10 days to arrive. You never know kasi kung ano hihingiin ng consul mas maganda yung ready ka whatever documents hingin sa iyo di ba? ;)

Go to http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=129 marami kang matututunan dun and you can post questions din and marami sasagot.

Good Luck!!!

Hi Sis,

Yes I know that CEMAR and marriage certificate are different. I was asking if I can present the marriage certificate in lieu of CEMAR. Looks like I really need to present the CEMAR or maybe I'd be excused since it's not stated in the requirements naman.

Anyway, I applied for a CEMAR and it will take 10 working days. My interview is on March 11, which means I won't be able to get my CEMAR by then (release date is around March 13 or 14). I'm applying for the CR1 visa.

My husband will be with me during the interview. Will that make a difference?



cha-cha

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #358 on: March 02, 2009, 08:26:06 pm »
cha-cha,

nung naging current na yung priority date namin, nakatanggap kami ng letter mga two weeks after na maging current. kasi nung january 14 nagcurrent na-received ko yung appointment letter ng jan. 26. tapos feb.24 yung naging interview namin.

best kung kukuha ka ng CEMAR, kasi 400 lang naman yun. You never know kasi kung anong hihingiin ng consul. Mas maganda na yung sigurado. Ako kasi di ako kumuha tapos hiningi ng consul, wala akong naipakita buti na lang na-approved ako.

ano ba sis priority date mo? ako kasi march2005, so mga 8months pa nga ang waiting ko, since July2004 ang nasa visa bulletin ngayon, tama ba? so I assumed ang priority date mo e Jan2004?

baby_doll

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #359 on: March 02, 2009, 08:37:15 pm »
Hi Sis,

Yes I know that CEMAR and marriage certificate are different. I was asking if I can present the marriage certificate in lieu of CEMAR. Looks like I really need to present the CEMAR or maybe I'd be excused since it's not stated in the requirements naman.

Anyway, I applied for a CEMAR and it will take 10 working days. My interview is on March 11, which means I won't be able to get my CEMAR by then (release date is around March 13 or 14). I'm applying for the CR1 visa.

My husband will be with me during the interview. Will that make a difference?




Sa akin kasi they still asked for my CEMAR kahit I submitted my marriage certificate. If ever they asked na lang for the CEMAR explain na lang to them why you don't have it. Bring many proofs na lang that your are married to your petitioner.


 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close