watch now

Author Topic: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2  (Read 578011 times)

quenniegirl

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #300 on: October 30, 2008, 02:09:54 pm »
thank you! yup california. 
eto yung nabasa ko:  
Current Status: Approval notice sent.
On May 3, 2005, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION...

alin ba yung receipt date? sensya na ha hindi ko kasi matanong dad ko. wala rin akong hawak na papers except yung padala ng atty na pdf file. thanks. :)
sis IR-130 din ba yung sayo?/ ang tagal naman yata?

misao

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #301 on: October 30, 2008, 02:27:20 pm »
^yup. ang tagal nga eh. inabutan kasi ako ng 21 pero yung priority no. ko hindi nagbago. yung case no. ko mnl2005... so? 2005 ba receipt date ko? hindi ko rin maintindihan bakit nagpa-opt out yung dad ko sa child status protection act nung nag-citizen sya, approved naman kaya f2b pa rin ako.

misao

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #302 on: October 30, 2008, 02:54:36 pm »
hmm...

Classification or Basis for Filing / Processing Timeframe:

U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter
over 21 / April 01, 2003

Permanent resident filling for an unmarried son or daughter
over 21 / February 08, 2005

nakakalito...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 03:20:08 pm by misao »

myduque

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #303 on: October 30, 2008, 03:21:48 pm »

anong category ba pag yung parent pinetition ng usc na anak? wala kasi sa visa bulletin. yung sa mother ko naman yun. mabilis kaya? nitong july lang sya na-petition ng kapatid ko. pero wala pa ata syang nareceive. thanks!

Kapag ang usc na anak pinetition ang parents (immediate family of us citizen) wala ng priority date kasi available ang visa para sa kanila kaya di mo siya makikita sa visa bulletin, kasi mostly yung nasa bulletin eh yung may priority date.

misao

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #304 on: October 30, 2008, 04:41:51 pm »
^thank you. nabasa ko nga rin. sana makaalis na sya next year. :)

i_miss_sleep

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #305 on: October 30, 2008, 11:31:36 pm »
lahat halos ng friends ko na usc who petitioned their parents, less than a year after they filed, andito na parents nila. typically, 9 months overall ang waiting period. meron lang case sa isa ko na friend na inabot ng over a year. apparently someone from st. lukes was holding the release of her mom's medical records. gusto pa yatang kumita! tumawag sa kanila sabi kung gusto makaalis agad eh punta lang sa window # something. ganun na nga lang ginawa nila then nang makarating dito mader niya saka siya nag-file ng complaint.


Quote
alin ba yung receipt date?

nakalagay yun sa notice na natanggap ng dad mo.

siguro napansin mo na mas matagal ang priority date ng usc filing for aged out son/daughter kesa sa resident. dahil sa child status protection act, yung priority date mo di magbabago or yung original petiton sa iyo will not get affected when your dad switched from resident to usc.

here's a snippet of an FAQ i found in the internet that may be related to your case:

Q. I was born in the Philippines in 1970. My father submitted a family-based 2B visa petition (unmarried adult son or daughter of a permanent resident) for me many years ago. Just before I was ready to immigrate to the U.S., my father became naturalized as a citizen of the United States. I was recently interviewed at the U.S. Embassy in Manila. When I told them that my father had naturalized, they informed me that I would have to wait many more years to become a permanent resident. They said that his naturalization converted my petition from the 2B category to the 1st preference category. For Filipinos, the 1st preference category is more backlogged than the 2B category. What can I do?

A. Don't blame your father. Hundreds, perhaps thousands, of Filipinos with petitions pending for their sons and daughters have naturalized, incorrectly assuming that this would shorten their waiting times to become permanent residents. In fact, this actually makes the waiting time much, much longer.

Now, under the new law, you can submit a written statement to the INS stating that you do not wish to have your petition converted from the 2B category to the 1st preference category. If the conversion has already taken place, you can request that it be revoked.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 11:37:08 pm by i_miss_sleep »

misao

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #306 on: October 31, 2008, 10:15:16 am »
^thank you. thank you. now i understand it. nagbasa-basa rin ako kahapon, nakakadugo ng mata! ;D hopefully next year makaalis na ang mother ko. may nabasa rin ako sa ibang forums na yung receipt date is the priority date? and the case number has nothing to do with it:
This case number is not the same as the USCIS receipt number, which is written on the Notice of Action, Form I-797, from the USCIS. 

akala ko kasi from my case number, mnl2005... given na 2005 ang pinaprocess.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 10:43:39 am by misao »

_strawberry_

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #307 on: November 06, 2008, 11:32:16 am »
Hi Gtalkers,

My american-citizen bf filed a Fiance visa last September 2008, he already a notice to confirm the receipt of the application. we are waiting for the approval.

I know that they will be requiring an Affidavit of Support. The problem is, my bf is not working yet. He is studying here in the Philippines with me. Actually, he graduated already and worked in the US before, then he went to the Philippines to study nursing. His parents support him while he is here.

What could be the best remedy for the Affidavit of Support? Can his parents sign it?

RAMPAGE

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #308 on: November 06, 2008, 11:57:18 am »
^Yes. I-864, I-864A, I-864EZ

_strawberry_

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #309 on: November 07, 2008, 05:13:24 am »
Wow. Thanks sis. Ur a big help.

RAMPAGE

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #310 on: November 07, 2008, 11:36:58 am »
No worries.
Before kasi ako nagfile for my hubby's AOS e I wasn't working. So mga kasama ko sa bahay nagsign ng affidavit. Basically lahat ng kasama niya sa bahay e kailangan isali since household income ang kailangan

_strawberry_

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #311 on: November 08, 2008, 02:25:30 am »
If I will marry my bf in the states, how long will it take for me to become a US Citizen?

RAMPAGE

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #312 on: November 12, 2008, 12:35:20 pm »
^permanent resident muna bago citizen.
it will also take a while bago makuha ang green card, work permit ang makukuha mo kaagad 6 mos max.
then if you guys stay married for 3 years then pwede ka na magapply for naturalization

ladycharm

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #313 on: November 30, 2008, 05:28:01 pm »
hi mga sistah!!! :)

Bago lang ako dito sa forum... just got signed up here in girl talk, I've read so many questions regarding this I130 petition..and i feel lucky to found out this site kc nararanasan ko rin ngayon maghintay ng papers...

My hubby is a US citizen though he is a Filipino...last year (April) we decided to get married in a civil lang muna...he filed a petition for me last year july, he received a notice (feb. '08) that nadeny kc kulang ng isang signature at the back of the form he signed..so he filed again last april '08 and he received the case number...then he received again a notice stating that my case was transferred to california.Lage ko check sa uscis site case ko and finally ive read that it was approved and sent a notice(nov 26,2008)..

My question is kanino isesend ng nvc and notice saken ba dito pinas or sa hubby ko nasa new jersey? ilang weeks bago ko mareceive and how long it will take to process hanggang interview na?

tnx mga sis :)...I hope may mag response dito sa mga querries ko...

kath_lei

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #314 on: December 14, 2008, 04:21:16 pm »
Hello to all,

I'm new here, and I believe that this is a big help na may ganitong forum. Well the subject is not related on what I am applied for. But yes going to US din. Nagfiled na kami last Dec 03 ng I-129F for K-1Visa.

But I have a question, hope you can answer me especially those who really knows how the embassy do their background checking. If ever na maapproved & magfile na ako ng Fiance visa dito sa satin Manila Embassy are they going to check my bank credits, sad to say na may unpaid credits ako and its really bad. Makakaapekto ba yon para madeny ang application ko??

Thanks I hope someone can help me with this?

qmoonlight

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #315 on: December 26, 2008, 09:40:38 pm »
Hello! had anyone here experience na pina process yong petition kahit patay na petitioner? My uncle kasi had his petition on 1993 but my lolo died (the petitioner) on 1995. May chance pa kaya siyang makapunta sa US kahit wala na petitioner? He had a sister in the US na 10yrs.nang immigrant there. Please help. thanks!

myduque

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #316 on: December 29, 2008, 03:59:56 pm »
I've been watching citizen pinoy, and atty gurfinkel said if the petitioner is dies the petition also dies but your uncle can apply for humanitarian revalidation daw.  His sister can petition him if she is already a citizen and it will take about 20 year or so.   

cha-cha

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #317 on: January 23, 2009, 10:20:42 pm »
hi! its been a long time since I last logged in here

anyway, my hubby just received a letter from USCIS asking him to provide an affidavit of support, and yung me choice of agent..di ba I will  be receiving that notice too? Ngapala, we are under I-130 petition. I have some few questions:
1. Who should be my agent, myself or my hubby dun sa choice of agent form
2. How long kaya ang process nito since nakatanggap na sya ng ganitong notice? I mean, how many months pa kaya bago kami makasunod? mach28,2005 priority date namin
3.Hindi pa kasama yun baby namin sa petition nun ifile sya ni hubby? Do we need to inform uscis about that or no need na, since automatic na kasama na sya sa petition dahil dependent sya? TIA

krispie

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #318 on: January 24, 2009, 02:17:00 am »
sis, kailangan ba talaga ng lawyer kapag mag-aayos ng paper or kayang kaya na mag DIY? ang mahal kasi eh.

could someone tell me kung magkano ang approximate na magagastos pag sa U.S. inayos yung papers, change of status included (if the couple are both in U.S., one being as usc and one under b-2) ? Pano ba magpachange of status?

I hope someone can enlighten me..

THank you very much.

baby michael

  • Guest
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative)-Part 2
« Reply #319 on: January 24, 2009, 07:50:26 am »
^ kung hindi naman complicated ang case.. pwede na DIY sis. madali lang naman basta basahin mo lang ng mabuti yung instructions sa form, yung documents na kelangan and kung saan mo dapat i-mail.. i think you need to file adjustment of status form saka yung petition for alien relative form. yung I-130 is $355 na yata ngayon.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close