watch now

Author Topic: Nintendo Wii  (Read 107039 times)

SuperRicko

  • Guest
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #240 on: November 23, 2008, 12:04:00 am »
^^ Don't get me wrong. I let them open the box for me to check out. I do that most of time when buying boxed items. I didn't know which part goes to where-what-how place.

The salesperson who opened it didn't even mention that the location where the sticks should be is empty and even had the balls to say he "saw" it when we opened it. Well, I didn't let them get away with that lie so I fought for it and now I got my sticks.

bad_boy

  • Guest
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #241 on: November 23, 2008, 08:59:08 pm »
good to hear they ended up replacing the entire package, ricko. makes you wonder what happened. oh, what i'd do to the guy who said he saw the sticks...  ;D

SuperRicko

  • Guest
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #242 on: November 24, 2008, 06:44:02 am »
^^ Yeah, and I've checked with other DB branches. Seems like they had a similiar situation with a PS3 version this time.

caeca

  • Guest
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #243 on: November 24, 2008, 02:29:32 pm »
question. :) my sister and i were given a US modified wii. after reading the thread, i'm wondering: is there a way to de-modify it?

SuperRicko

  • Guest
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #244 on: November 24, 2008, 03:02:33 pm »
^^ Would you know where it was modded? If you know the place, you can ask them to DE-mod it back.

I'm glad you're making the right choice to de-modify it. I've recently encountered someone having a modded Wii and the results ain't pretty. It was a complete waste of money.

caeca

  • Guest
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #245 on: November 24, 2008, 10:08:00 pm »
thanks a lot for your expertise, supericko! well, i'm going to have to take it up with my sister first. it's not going to be easy to convince her, given her student budget. hopefully, she'll see the long-term benefits, like actually having a working wii. :D it was bought modded from toy kingdom. if i'd known we were gonna be given one, i'd have stepped in and suggested gh instead. do you think they'll de-mod it back?

SuperRicko

  • Guest
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #246 on: November 24, 2008, 11:15:55 pm »
From TK? Hmmm... Well, if they can mod it, they can certainly UN-mod it. I'm very much surprised (though not entirely) about TK selling modded Wii.

If this was purchased under a week, better replace it ASAP and tell them you want the UNmodded kind. (IMHO, the best solution)

If those options won't work, then you might have to spend a lot to get it unmodded.

If I go to greenhills one of these days, I'll ask around but you can try also. Try the 3rd floor V-Mall or even on the (shudder) cellphone tiangge area at the 2nd floor in-between V-Mall and Shoppesville. Not a good place to look but you can just try canvassing the price to un-mod.

caeca

  • Guest
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #247 on: November 25, 2008, 12:30:11 pm »
uh-oh. it's been nearly two weeks! i will try to have it replaced, though. thanks a lot, supericko. luckily, i live near greenhills, so i'll try to do some research there, too. :)

SuperRicko

  • Guest
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #248 on: November 25, 2008, 12:53:24 pm »
^^ Ah, excellent! Good for you to live nearby. Keep us updated here, aight? Good hunting, my friend. :)

SuperRicko

  • Guest
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #249 on: November 29, 2008, 10:19:23 am »
I've checked in EYO yesterday. UNmodding a Wii costs only P300. That's the labor cost.

EYO is located at VMall, 3rd floor.

caeca

  • Guest
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #250 on: December 03, 2008, 10:36:15 am »
oh wow, thanks! P300's not bad. will check them out when i go there during the weekend. :D

SuperRicko

  • Guest
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #251 on: December 03, 2008, 03:59:59 pm »
Tell me how it goes, aight? :)

angeleyes

  • Guest
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #252 on: December 14, 2008, 02:04:38 pm »
just a question, which is better to use in Pinas, Wii Japan or Wii USA? I'm getting my son as his christmas gift....

Thanks!!!

SuperRicko

  • Guest
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #253 on: December 15, 2008, 02:51:28 am »
^^ USA. Most original games sold here are NTSC-US version.

Take note that Japanese versions of a game won't work on a US Wii and vice versa.

angeleyes

  • Guest
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #254 on: December 15, 2008, 11:57:59 am »
thanks SuperRicko...

so it means that all Wii games have a Japanese and USA version?

SuperRicko

  • Guest
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #255 on: December 15, 2008, 06:40:46 pm »
^^ Yup!

I remember confirming this issue when I was able to borrow a Japan Wii Fit but it wouldn't play on my US Wii.

angeleyes

  • Guest
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #256 on: December 15, 2008, 06:55:24 pm »
ah okay, so that's good...at least any version pala, maeenjoy mo pa rin all the games, you just have to buy the version compatible to your Wii...

akala ko kasi some games are in Japanese version na walang USA version, and the other way around...thanks again!...

moonstar_004

  • Guest
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #257 on: December 21, 2008, 06:40:23 pm »
we have a wii japan that we barely use. can rockband/guitar hero be played there?

SuperRicko

  • Guest
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #258 on: December 21, 2008, 08:21:41 pm »
^^ Japan Wii. Modified?

If not modified and you're buying from here, I doubt it will work. But I'm not saying you should modify, though.

moonstar_004

  • Guest
Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #259 on: December 22, 2008, 09:59:33 am »
^i think it's not modified. how will i know if it is?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close