watch now

Author Topic: Eating Healthy  (Read 81324 times)

jadelotus

  • Guest
Re: What I eat to stay slim and healthy
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2006, 05:17:37 am »
A balanced diet is the key.
More fruits and veggies, easy on the carbo, and tight on fats. I eat meat only once or twice a weak, preferring lean cuts and white meats such as chicken, turkey or lamb. More on the fish and seafood. Mainly fresh most of the time; if not, freshly-frozen. I avoid processed foods.
Moreover, I try to vary my diet. I enjoy fusion foods such as Asian and Mediterrean. Ever tried eating tofu with olive oil? Delicious and highly nutritious! ;D

math

  • Guest
Re: What I eat to stay slim and healthy
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2006, 03:13:15 pm »
I soo love junk food esp. chips so I try to make bawi by eating healthy foods. ::)

And so I always see to it that we have a vegetable dish during meals & avoid sweets for dessert & have fresh fruit instead.  Also make it a point to eat fish or seafood at least 3x a week.  And I seldom drink softdrinks and instead drink lots of water or green tea, brewed coffee.  I also eat non-fat yogurt & drink non-fat milk regularly.  Plus I take my multi-vitamins, vit-E, calcium & Vit-C daily. ;)

leah corr

  • Guest
Re: What I eat to stay slim and healthy
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2006, 09:43:34 am »
though hindi talaga ako madaling tumaba malakas ang loob kong kainin lahat ng magustuhan ko.  pero now cereal diet ang drama ko.  and juice din.  di na din ako madalas kumain sa fast food. 

thess

  • Guest
Re: What I eat to stay slim and healthy
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2006, 11:01:13 am »
balance diet,more fiber,lots of liquid, ako kahit kain ng kain slim pa rin mabilis kasi metabolismo ko magpuyat lang ng sunod sunod na araw pumapayat na ko, nag fu full cream milk pa nga ako sa gabi bago matulog

equine

  • Guest
Re: What I eat to stay slim and healthy
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2006, 10:10:01 pm »
i eat rice, beef, canned goods only in the morning.
lunch & dinner: tuna sandwich & lotsa fruits


escapeGANDA

  • Guest
Re: What I eat to stay slim and healthy
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2006, 08:13:23 pm »
be a vegetarian and its makes you younger look than your age daw sabi nila..

biyachii

  • Guest
Re: What I eat to stay slim and healthy
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2006, 12:03:50 am »
eat any fruits before you had your lunch or dinner, this will help you eat less.

i also drink oo-long tea everyday, its a fat burner, i guess.


hi_landprincess

  • Guest
Re: What I eat to stay slim and healthy
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2006, 10:09:27 am »
Haay..Lucky for those who can eat whatever they like without gaining a pound..Ganyan yung isa kong friend.Ang lakas mag-rice.:) lunch namin 2 cups of rice lagi pero ang sexy plus she has bo*bs pa.I always tell her nga that the reason why she's still sexy kahit kaing pang-construction worker sya is because yung food nya hanggang dibdib lang hindi bumaba hehe:)...I gained a lot now since i eat rice again as in! :) and lots of junk foods..Next week i'll start NO RICE DIET again and if may budget balik BP ulit..Diet pills dependent ako eh.. :(

OMC_style

  • Guest
Re: What I eat to stay slim and healthy
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2006, 02:46:08 pm »
i don't do anything honestly. i can eat everything and anything i want without gaining weight. i guess it's with the genes. :)

beautifuldreamer

  • Guest
Re: What I eat to stay slim and healthy
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2006, 07:37:26 am »

i always eat in moderation...
and excercise until i sweat ....walking/household chores/playing....
and get enough sleep evry nite....
drink a lot of water...
pro active

 ;) ;) ;)




sn33ky

  • Guest
Re: What I eat to stay slim and healthy
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2006, 09:15:41 pm »
Now this i can ramble on about this for hours, but i wont bore technical stuff LOL  ;D

Im a gym junky,fitness trainer and a health freak so i watch what i eat!I live on lean turkey,chicken,seafoods and fresh fruits,nuts and veges. I try to avoid procesed or canned goods since theres always way too much hidden calories and chemicals in them.Its always easier to know what goes into your body if you cook it your self. That said its not like im obsesed or anyting like that. I can finish a whole box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts, KFC or anythings mega sinful. I eat clean 6 days and on my 7th day usually friday or a saturday i eat anything what i want. You name it i eat it! I dont believe in no carb or other fad diets since you will still need carbs to power you through the day.Its not carbs that makes you fat its the amount of excess calories you put into your body that will make you fat.If you are consuming more calories than you burn then it will be stored as fat.

I eat 7 small meals a day rather than 3 big meals, this way it will keep my blood sugar level stable so you wont have cravings to dig into a bag of chocolates or potato chips.I also avoid too much sugar since theres a lot of hidden calories in sugar.

Heres a sample of what my day is like.

7:00 AM Rolled Oats,Protein Smoothie,Fruit (Breakfast)
9:30 AM Nuts,Raisins,Dried Fruit,Yoghurt
11:30 AM Meal Replacement Shake
2:00 PM Grilled Chicken Breast,Salad or Steamed Vegies,Salsa. (Lunch)
4:30 PM Fruit,Protein Bar.
7:00 PM Prawn and Vegetable Stirfry,Wild Rice(Dinner)
8:00 PM Go to the GYM
9:45 PM Protein Shake (usually after training)

This may sound like a lot of food, dont forget these are smaller servings.Im also 80Kgs and do a lot of weight training so i need to make sure im fueled up before i go training.I also take into account that i need 2grams of protein per kg of body weight because i need this to promote muscle growth.
Another advantage of having smaller meals more often is that it ramps up your metabolism and  makes your body a more effecient fat burning machine.It may sound a lot of hassle but this works for me,Its not rocket science its really easy to do as long as you plan your meals ahead. If anyone has any questions then fire away... Cheers to healthy living :)

lav

  • Guest
Re: What I eat to stay slim and healthy
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2006, 03:49:30 pm »
more geggies, less rice and meat. Tapos in moderation lang ang kain kapag feeling mo may laman na ang stomach stop na. Kain na lang ulit kapag feel mo gutom na. Small but frequent feedings ika nga.

babycua

  • Guest
Re: What I eat to stay slim and healthy
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2006, 04:11:51 pm »
lotsa veggies.. i love veggies.. i rarely eat pork and beef..  ;)
exercise, be it badminton or going to the gym even at least 1x a week.. hehe.. or i play around with my niece until i'm sweating sobra! hehe  ;D

cynthialynn81

  • Guest
Re: What I eat to stay slim and healthy
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2006, 10:58:41 am »
The thing that has worked for me is I cut out sugar.  I haven't had candy, cake, pie, etc in 3 years! not one bit.  The only thing I drink is water.  I get calcium by having milk with my cereal(only cheerios, kix,rice krispies,chex), and lots of cheese.  I used to weigh about 180 and now I am 125 and have stayed at this weight for over 2 years.  I am not a healthy eater unfortunatly.  I eat fast food, lots of pizza, chips, etc.  I eat an orange every day.  This "diet" has worked very well for me, but you have to have a lot of will power to say no to sweets!  I would LOVE to have ice cream and my grandmas cookies!

lalarinlarin

  • Guest
Re: What I eat to stay slim and healthy
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2006, 07:56:03 am »
less rice and soda  ;)

lonelymiss28

  • Guest
Re: What I eat to stay slim and healthy
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2006, 08:05:30 am »
i eat brown rice instead of white.
no food after 5.

chrissie

  • Guest
Re: What I eat to stay slim and healthy
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2006, 11:48:51 am »
I reviewed for six months to take board exams. After that I gained 12 pounds and 3 inches on my waist. Huhu... Sana mag-work mga advice nyo mga sis...

d3vildolliris

  • Guest
Re: What I eat to stay slim and healthy
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2006, 07:08:34 pm »
Up to now, Im still slim even after giving birth I weight 100 lbs. I think it has something got to do with our metabolism. Either its fast or slow. un nah.

cher.liman

  • Guest
Re: What I eat to stay slim and healthy
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2006, 05:16:53 am »
avoid sweet sugary drinks like iced tea and the likes even the colas. stick to water, fresh fruit and veggie juices & tea. coffee is in moderation.

go fruitarian, vegan or macrobiotic. if u cant, just avoid red meat or eat it at least once a a week ony, substitute fresh seafoods and veggies to fill u up as well as brown rice.

take vitamin supplements (inc antioxidants) and go to the spa get massages and such to relax and detox

get moving. even simple stretching exercises help. burn the calories.

avoid anything processed, canned or anything un-organic

EAT ONLY ORGANIC FRUIT & VEGGIES

cook using olive oil or nonstick. as much as possible half cook the veggies only. juicing fruits and veggies is also good.

cleanse ur insides at least once a week and go on a juice fast or buko juice (only fast) it will help if u take spirulina too while doing this.

if u can afford, leave the city as it is toxic enough and is killing us slowly and move to the mountains by the seashore so that u only breathe fresh air and eat fresh food.


kaoru_himura

  • Guest
Re: What I eat to stay slim and healthy
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2006, 04:12:28 pm »
i wish i could share something useful lolx.. i am also chubby.. but people around me loves me.. so the heck with it!!!

there was no good thing on earth you can enjoy guilt free.. lolx... that is according to one of the texters on rx93.1 i wonder how true... :-\

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close