Author Topic: Dresses and Gowns Part 15 MOD'S NOTE: NO PM call outs/soliciting/advertising  (Read 84450 times)

jhenpretty

  • Guest
Thank you for sharing Sis caleeice! Tamang-tama talaga Bulacan ako. I will check baka may FB page siya. Thanks. ^_^

caleeice

  • Guest
Welcome sis! Just PM me if you need Coco's number :)

jhenpretty

  • Guest
Thank you sis caleeice! 😊 I found his FB page. I sent him a message and he replied as soon as he received it. Yay! 😊

peachlipstick

  • Guest
Hello mga sis, just wanted to share my experience last Saturday with The Chungdam Bridal wedding owned by Ms. SaeRa Kim. The gowns come from South Korea pala.

The fitting took a good 3-4 hours kasi she would make sure that the fit of the gown looks really good on you and she would also advise on which accessories would fit. She let me try the gowns with complete accessories (earrings, tiaras/headbands, veil, etc) kasi she said that she wanted her future brides to see exactly how they wouid look like.

The shop offers RTW, custom-made and rental. I am not too sure about the RTW and the custom made but they have a very competitive rental rate which includes the gown, shoes, complete accessories (earrings, necklace, gloves, veil, ribbon, etc)

One thing I liked about her are her tips, especially when I asked her what the ribbon (she called it a ribbon but it's like a tail of flowers, sorry can't describe it well. haha) was for. She told me na that certain ribbon looks good on mermaid cut gowns, ilalagay sa likod ng gown to make it look more beautiful kasi she said that in the ceremony, the people will only be seeing your back so the back details must also be as pretty as the front details.

papemelroti

  • Guest
my only advice is to not book new designers unless you are confident with their work.

You do not want to risk your gown not being delivered on time etc.

anneshirley

  • Guest
Good point papemelroti!

On a related note - are there any Hannah Kong/Claiza Bihasa brides/clients here? Any feedback about working with them (as a bride/bridesmaid/client) would be very welcome :)

Thanks girls!

iamsuperizch

  • Guest
We reached 30 pages already.  New thread here.

I posted an article by Bride and Breakfast about the 9 Bridal Boutiques You Definitely Need To Visit there.

torrea

  • Guest
wow sis i love her too. how much did she quote you?

100k but her gowns range from 70k up. :)

abbeyS

  • Guest
Hello sissies, dec 2015 bride here and i will be having na the measurement this august kay Jo Rubio.

Actually until now, dipa din ako decided sa design na gusto ko, sa kakasearch, nag iiba iba gusto ko lol

Any tips you can share before meeting him? Feeling excited and nervous at the same time haha.
This is it pansit. :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
^SIs question. OK lang with Jo Rubio if you havent decided on your design? Me kasi I also changed the design of my dress but I had to add to the initial price we agreed on since understandably they need to use more material in the new style.

My question is do the designers often adjust the price depending on changes in style? Thanks!

abbeyS

  • Guest
Hi sis Chili1113, i think hindi. Initial meeting upon booking meron na design. But i plan to have minor changes lang, close pa din dun sa original design na gusto ko.

Sa query mo sis, depende pa din sa style, kung major yung changes, for sure, magpapa add yan.

Sa case ko, will know kung mag pa add, bka naman pala sa kanya major na yung gagawin haha. Let you know sis para sure din, will ask din how to classify minor with major changes :)

stylus

  • Guest
^hi sis. would you know ang starting price ng gowns ni jo rubio? thanks

Chili1113

  • Guest
Thanks AbbeyS! I guess tama lang that my designer charged me more because the changes to my gown were significant... From a straight column gown with no train, to a fit and flare with a train. So I can really understand why the cost went up =)

abbeyS

  • Guest
^hi sis. would you know ang starting price ng gowns ni jo rubio? thanks



Sis Stylus, Jo Rubio starts at 65k, he's more into bead works but can also adjust with bride's preference. :)

road41

  • Guest
Ms. Meow Meow, this is probably too late but be wary of Jiji Cinco.

Deliverables: 8 dresses

Delivered items: 3 dresses only: 1 wedding gown, 2 dresses for the mothers of the bride and groom

Wedding gown was ok after 4 tries. No corset as promised, just a few boning. I can live with it.

The dresses for the mothers however were really bad. It did not fit properly and it did not look anything like the design. I informed him but he didn't care to respond so we had to let other designers alter the dresses 4 days before the wedding..

Just bought RTW dresses for everyone else 2 days before our wedding.


Other moments of unprofessionalism:

Despite constant follow ups, Jiji / Jay Cinco was not able to deliver and he wasn't honest about it. He keeps telling me that his seamstress were in his house and not in his shop.


He blocks my phone calls, when I follow up. I know this because I sometime use my officemate's cel sometimes to get him to answer his phone.

I can list a lot more but will keep it to a minimum. If you picked him, I hope you had a good experience.


Hi mga sis,

Been from three designers na:

Yto Gonzaga- Frou-frou not my thing; though I think affordable naman at around 70k

Patricia Santos- very costly; didn't have any rapport kasi pinagkamalan akong entourage kahit on-the-dot ako dumating sa confirmed meeting namin

Jiji Cinco- very accommodating when it comes to what I want and gives me honest feedbacks sa dos and don'ts; di lang ako nadesignan ng gown though may sample trimmings naman syang pinakita; very good craftsmanship

More to come...

Question lang, pag mag-bo-book ba ako ng designer soon, pwede ba yung I text or call them to inform na I'd like a second meeting and see from there? Or pwedeng call/text lang para sabihan na "please reserve a slot for me?" Or deposit agad?

How does this work?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 03:22:49 pm by road41 »

peculiar.lad

  • Guest
Hi mga sis!

2018 B2B here. Looking for a designer for my gown yung hindi kamahalan pero maganda na at di tipid sa materials. And of course yung may good customer service. I don't want to spend much on my gown want to invest with photo and video and more more foods for our guests. :D Thank you for your help in advance.

LilaFowler

  • Guest

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close