Author Topic: Event Stylist III  (Read 154535 times)

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Event Stylist III
« on: March 08, 2015, 04:27:42 pm »
New thread before part 2 closes.

Link to previous thread:
http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,262718.0.html

Stephie_Belle

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 10:01:01 pm »
Hello!
Overseas bride ako. Tagaytay wedding kami next year. Does anyone know yung mga rates ni Jing Tanada plus OOT fee? We only really need ceremony styling (only) and reception decor and styling....? Sana 60k lang sa styling...mahal na yun ehhh... :-[
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 10:04:33 pm by Stephie_Belle »

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 12:42:34 pm »
Ang ganda nga ng design ng moki gray. Lalo na yung memory lane. ang cute lang ng idea.

Meron din akong nakita Weddings by TV. Si Tuesday Vargas ata ang may ari kaya TV. Maganda din yung mga designs nya, hindi yung puro flowers lang. Styling talaga, ganun yung hinahanap ko eh. Hehe.  Though ang mahal nya, Event Styling nya P25,000 service palang ata. Wala pa yung mismong styling.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 12:48:24 pm »
^sis hermione, i think 25k for event styling is cheap na.. moki gray and something pretty manila charges from 70k and above (based on their 2014 rate) however, communication-wise, dyan medyo may issue esp with MG.

janagirl

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 02:18:29 pm »
Hello sissies, can anyone recommend a stylist for pre nup na nasa 5K budget? And meron kaya na stylist / MUA na? I have booked a MUA already for my wedding pero, hindi sya available sa pre nup date ko. :( Thanks much!

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 02:45:28 pm »
Prenup stylist na 5k.. hmm. Try indie hippie.

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 08:34:00 pm »
Try Nasia Cammayo cheapest is 3,5k styling@nasiacammayo.com

Or check out Jaycelle of Rain Play Events, she quoted me 6k rainplayevents@gmail.com
Something Pretty Manila 6k din


May question pala ako about that. Can you hire a prenup stylist sa mismong day of the wedding para sa pictorial mo after the ceremony and/or before the reception event?
Like pictorial nyo ng groom at pictorial mo with your entourage?

Yung iba kasi nakikita ko may mga props pang hawak or something. Ang cute nung iba ang creative naman kung sila lang nakaisip nun!


belle_v2g - sabagay mura na nga, pero service palang din kasi yon. Wala pang kahit anong materials.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 02:25:44 am »
25k is super cheap for event styling. Most props stylists would quote 50-170k and those specializing in florals would be anywhere from 70-250k. Of course also depends on the size of the wedding venue and headcount but i have never encountered a 25k quotation for event styling..

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 06:02:32 am »
^sis hermione,
You mean 25k mainly for professional fee pa lang sis? How much pa kaya pag may materials na..

hermione28

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 12:32:14 pm »
Yup sis professional fee lang yon, nakita ko lang din sa website nila.
http://www.weddingsbytv.com/category/package/

Occular and Inspection ng Venue mo, Styling & Budget Proposal, Material Costing. Saka yung service na sa pag assemble and dismantle ng props. Walang materials. Nandun din sis sa website yung price ng mga materials nila.

Siguro nga mura na si Tuesday.

I saw one on the net din pala Teamba Designs her styling starts at P48,000.
May celebrity clients din sya.
http://teambadesigns.com/rates/

patriciasy595

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2015, 12:03:13 am »
Does anyone know the price range of something pretty manila for reception styling? Thanks a lot! :)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2015, 01:05:50 am »
^Depends widely on what you need sis. My quote from her was about 100k. But you might want to backread a bit, there are several negative yet consistent reviews here and on W@W that made me reconsider.

patriciasy595

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 01:13:21 am »
Ouch. Thanks for the advice sis. I liked her works that I see on photos pa naman :(

^Depends widely on what you need sis. My quote from her was about 100k. But you might want to backread a bit, there are several negative yet consistent reviews here and on W@W that made me reconsider.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2015, 08:30:34 pm »
^Why don't you try and inquire padin? My styling requirements required heavy fabrication ha. Baka sayo cheaper. Her works are just okay for me, i just liked how she deals with me personally so i decided to meet her. Kaso katakot yung reviews kasi she takes back her word on other clients daw so i ended up not making her my top choice. Backup ko lang sya.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2015, 10:09:59 am »
Sorry girls, I hope you will bear with me as I rant on this lovely Sunday morning! I just need to unload my wedding styling issues!!!! WARNING: This is gonna be a long rant.

Ggrrrrrrrrrr I am at a point wherein I just wanna say to stylists: "I don't care anymore!! Put whatever you want, just don't freaking overcharge me!!! DON'T TAKE ADVANTAGE of knowing that this is a WEDDING, a once in a lifetime event that is close to my heart. I KNOW you don't charge as much for your corporate events!!!!"

Lastly I wanna say to these stylists:

DEAR STYLIST,

1. Noooooooo I DONT NEED your add-ons, no photo wall, no stage backdrop, no couples area, no registration table!!! NOooooooooo, my needs are basic-guest table, VIP table, cake table. So why are you adding so many things, and jacking up the price?

2. I don't want your cheap hanging crystal lamp thingamajig that I know you bought in Divisoria but charge so much to put on my table. Don't you think I know that adding your Divisoria sourced accessories will drive up the price of my contract? So please stop up-selling and adding these things that I don't even find pretty.

3. Just fix the table with flowers that I WON'T find in a funeral home. And please lay off the alstromerias, gerberas, and mums. I know how much those cost in Dangwa so gimme a break, and don't charge me hundreds of thousands and use those.

4. I just want you to fix my freaking guest tables properly, so why on earth should this cost me over 200 thousand pesos?!?!?!?!?!??! 

Haaaayyyy sorry... I just feel like every time I email or chat with a supplier, I end up crashing into a brick wall. Finding a stylist has been the single most difficult thing in the wedding.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 10:53:49 am by Chili1113 »

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2015, 10:23:49 pm »
^Sis Chili1113 exag diba? I bet you're inquiring with high end stylists kung 200k. Some are justified, pero for others i really find the execution cheap (went to a friend's wedding who got Gideon Hermosa, super average naman lang). Have you tried Henry Pascual? He has the best-looking booth in fairs.

I talked to so many mid-range stylists (most of whom aren't even so popular)---- taga rin sila lahat. 100+k ang quote sakin and these do not even include flowers or centerpieces either. Natakot ako kumuha ng high end stylist or to use flowers as the main decor for my bare venue because exag ang prices ng flowers in december... it was so frustrating pero im glad we finally did get to book one (kahit feel namin mahal padin) two weeks ago. Off my list!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2015, 11:49:51 pm »
^ Sis Sparklingjewel: You got Flowers Unlimited? I inquired with them before and while they aren't cheap, they are the only ones who gave me an specific price for each guest table arrangement (3k local flowers, 5500php for imported). I find that super honest and fair of them, because I can really see the breakdown.

I also like their giant intials with flowers hehe I wish I found more reviews of them though!! But they seem good! In fairness to them, they don't seem to use those cheapo flowers that florist love to use hehe.

I am also thinking of checking out Scenta Creations. Super plus points for me when I told them to send me a proposal based on a specific budget range. They are the only ones that sent me a proposal with the MINIMUM budget I gave. It gave me this feeling that they son't take advantage. Kaya lang I am not sure if I like their style. I prefer the style of Flowers Unlimited.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2015, 12:17:17 am »
^ Sis Sparklingjewel: You got Flowers Unlimited? I inquired with them before and while they aren't cheap, they are the only ones who gave me an specific price for each guest table arrangement (3k local flowers, 5500php for imported). I find that super honest and fair of them, because I can really see the breakdown.

Yes i did. They have not marketed themselves well so they are not popular online. But they have been in the industry for 22 years (and during the meeting i found out they did my brother's wedding back in 2007); they started out being outsourced by caterers and venues to be the in-house stylist so their brand name was never built. VS&F, Wack Wack and Fernwood Gardens yata yung ka-tie up nila before.
They started out as florists talaga but they've been able to commit to my non-floral pegs which is a pleasant surprise. Not cheap but not ridiculous either. If anything, one thing they can improve on is their speed of service. Ang hirap icontact, getting them to answer me or my emails was really frustrating but now ok na after being so kulit hehe. Plus they were late sa inital meeting and stuff...
I just didnt have a choice since they're the ones who would be able to fulfill my pegs best.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2015, 12:25:43 am »
^Thanks sis! I will set up a meeting with them. If they did your brother's wedding in 2007, then I am sure you would have heard from him if they were stressful to deal with! I feel better now hehe because as much as possible I don't like booking suppliers when I don't know anyone who has gotten them before and can give feedback. I dont want to rely only on online reviews kasi.

I like this particular setup of theirs which is very similar to what someone proposed to me but was charging  ?fd!gfd?! for. Plus they seem to have done a lot of events in my venue.

Actually most of their arrangements are topiaries, which I am trying to avoid. But heck, if it will save me XXXXX amount of money while sticking to topiaries, I don't mind at all hehe basta wag lang cheap flowers gamitin and hindi tinipid yung quantity.

Good luck sis!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 12:28:39 am by Chili1113 »

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2015, 08:35:36 am »
^I have no idea how my brother or his wife find them in terms of customer service, but seyup wise, his wedding was breathtaking :) Super daming flowers!!! They can really pull it off well na mukhang classy padin. I hope mine turns out well too.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close