Author Topic: You Do Not Like Celebrating Your Own Birthday  (Read 6978 times)

sarsingkit

• Super GirlTalker
Re: You Do Not Like Celebrating Your Own Birthday
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2017, 09:17:07 am »
So my birthday came up and nabully na naman ako ng asawa ko. Lol. Days before my birthday, he asked me kung ano gusto ko handa and should he start inviting people. Sabi ko, ayoko maghanda and gusto ko lang to have dinner and buy something nice for myself. There is this bag that I am eyeing, and I was hoping he would agree that we buy it. Ang sabi nya, "Ay ganun? Ayaw mo ba to spend the day with loved ones and friends?" Ok, so feeling ko naman ang selfish ko to want a material thing than to spend the day with family and friends. So, ayun ang ending eh di nagcelebrate din ng maraming tao. He ended up buying the bag din naman for me kasi nasense nya siguro that I was not keen in helping him, setup the house. Haha. But still, the day after my birthday, ako din naglinis ng after party. Haay buhay. Hindi na ata ako mananalo ever sa sitwasyon na to.

kvan

• Introvert, Demisexual
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Accidental Cougar
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2017, 09:40:54 pm »
^It's suppose to be your special day so dapat you can celebrate it the way you want it. Next time sila na lang mag-birthday kamo...lol!
"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" ---Matthew 6:34

Gaysha

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2017, 10:08:59 pm »
^natawa ako dun ng malakas haha habang nasa isang dapat quiet place lol. ;D

amethyst028

• Senior GirlTalker
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2017, 01:17:45 pm »
 every year on my birthday usually sa house lang with my family or dinner sa labas. on my next birthday i'm thinking of doing something different just to really celebrate my life and to share all the blessing i've been given.

xiannasofia

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2017, 04:38:15 pm »
and so my birthday is fast approaching with a very pregnant belly. i don't want to celebrate it as in, napapagod na ako iniisip ko pa lang haha
Baby O on the way! ♥

mimiku

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2017, 04:58:44 pm »
I don?t like celebrating my birthday. Heck even my mom sometimes forget when my birthday is. Lol. Introvert kasi ako and I don?t like being at the center of attraction. However, my best friend did it for me. Siya na mismo ang nagbobook sa resto or anywhere since she always tells me I should celebrate. Haha. Now, since I am married si husband naman ang nagpipilit na magcelebrate ako. He ends up as the one booking a date in a resto or hotel every birthday ko. Tawa ko lang kasi ako mismo ang may ayaw talaga. Yung mga nakapaligid lang na tao ang gumagawa para sa akin. In a way I feel blessed.
Veritas nunquam perit.

three8one

• Super GirlTalker
  • GuyTalker
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2017, 07:56:09 pm »
mag suot ng pajama at matulog ng maaga. lilipas din yan. yan ang ginagawa ko yearly.. boring ng birthday ko.
.... apart from You i can do nothing.... but with God nothing is impossible...therefore, I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.

John 15:5
Matthew 19:26
Philippians 4:13

etxetera

• Proud to be
  • Super GirlTalker
  • At home ako dito
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2018, 09:25:14 am »
We just always eat out di uso party haha
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
~ Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. ~
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

pattyfrenzy

• GirlTalker
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2018, 06:56:17 pm »
Hindi naman sa ayaw ako, mas gusto ko yun simple lang kasama yun family and close friend.

Lilacs

• GirlTalker
  • Pity!
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2018, 08:50:22 pm »
ako din, i'm not a big fan of celebrating my birthdays. habit na lang din since birthday ko ay first week of april, which from time to time falls on holy week, since pag holy week, you observe silence, repent and bawal mag partey-partey, ayun nakasanayan na lang din.  madalas nag le-leave ako sa work, para walang bumati,  di rin ako nag o-online sa soc med.  ayoko ng attention.   may may nakaalala, e di thank you.  pag wala, no problem.

gusto ko  family lang talaga kasama. 
\"Welcome to the wonderful world of jealousy.. for the price of admission, you get a splitting headache, a nearly irresistible urge to commit murder, and an inferiority complex...SOB! - Wrath

red_yesha

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2018, 09:41:19 am »
Nahihiya ako pag daming naggigreet sakin sa office lalo na yung may kanta pa habang pumapalakpak.Nagpepretend lang akong nakangiti pero deep inside gusto ko nalang malusaw haha.
But dont get me wrong, I appreciate them, nag tithank you ako. hindi ko lang kayang mag react ng sobra kasi hindi ako ganun hehe.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. :)

sarsingkit

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2018, 11:16:47 am »
^ Same! Ayoko ng ngumingiti ka lang habang kumakanta sila. Lol. I remember how embarrassing this was lalo na nung gradeschool days. Haha.

JAZZIE_G

• GirlTalker
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2018, 12:11:03 am »
Count me in...Im too lazy to entertain people. Id rather go sleep and dine out with my family.

charizardmommy

• Probationary
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2018, 02:30:15 pm »
Uy ganito rin ako, i'd rather spend dinner with my hubby and get something that i'm eyeing for a long time, like a perfume or a highend lipstick. or just simply get a relaxing spa day :)

marge070407

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2018, 02:42:26 pm »
I love to cook and organize birthday parties for my loved ones like my nephews, sibs and my parents as in I always give them bongga na party but I don't want to celebrate my own birthday hahaha. Weird.

yabutize

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2018, 03:52:44 am »
^same sis! Kasi siguro alam natin how tiring it is to throw a party. So kung birthday natin, bakit tayo magpapaka-pagod di ba?

But then, ayoko pa rin maging center of attention. And ayoko din ng kinakantahan. Haha.

lalee888

• Chinay American in The City
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2018, 04:30:18 am »
i share the thoughts of most in this thread... i get so self-conscious and self-aware and keep my birthday a secret. I only want to celebrate with a private dinner with my hubby, or if im with my family, we at out (like we do for no occassions din naman).. yoko ng may cake or may greeting or singing, nakaka conscious kaya.. i hate being the center of attention ! i would rather be a fly on the wall!

i get anxious when na point-out na it's my bday? How do you guys handle when you get called and become the center of attention, like in the office?? I mean how do you hide the anxiety?? My hands start shaking kasi.

mysterioza_me

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2018, 05:15:07 am »
^Nagpa-file ako ng leave sa mismong bday ko. Sometimes 2 days pa akong naka-leave.
If a girl understands your b******t, stick through your mistakes, smiles even when you've done nothing for her , it's obvious she's a keeper. But it's also obVious that you don't deserve her...

TysLolakins

• one half of Ty's 'PoPs and WoWa' act...
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • bite me!!!
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2018, 06:06:28 am »
^^most of the time,i also take the day off when it's my bday.  i still get emails though from all my immediate management wishing me a happy one and I just graciously reply with a simple thank you.   unlike sa Pinas where the celebrant is teased and forced na magpakain,  dito it's the opposite di ba,  people you are close-to treat you to lunch/dinner where everybody chips in for the celebrant's share of the bill.  when i do get asked sometimes what i'm doing for my bday,  i just say i don't really celebrate my bday, it's against my religion,  then i start laughing so they know i'm joking. 
aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close