Author Topic: Honeymoon (Thread 3)  (Read 12487 times)

rowan

• Senior GirlTalker
Re: Honeymoon (Thread 3)
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2016, 09:55:08 am »
The usual feedbacks I get from tours are the schedules are so hectic, bitin, and they only get to see the highlights of the place. All of my friends who went on tour want to go to Europe again and DIY it. If youre young I really suggest DIY:) 5 weeks is enough to plan the month long trip! I think once you start reading about Europe, you'll enjoy planning! I kinda miss it haha. Check out visitacity, frommers for tour guides, citymaps2go for offline maps(recommended for ios) plus seat91 for commute guide. Airbnb is also the way to go! Its cheaper than hotels plus the units have more character! Some of those we rented are so pinterest worthy=p

For tours I recommend Mulan travel. They handle incentive tours of the top mobile suppliers here in Phil.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 11:53:18 am by rowan »

MS_JanDel

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Officially Mrs.H ♥
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2016, 10:42:16 am »
Hello girls!
I'm so inggit naman sa Eurotrip niyo! Maybe on our first anniversary! hahahaha

Our honeymoon will be in Japan. 5 months after our wedding. December 26- Jan 3 2018. I want to experience snow and I love wearing winter outfits plus birthday ko din kasi in jan2.. ;D ;D ;D

So guys If you have been to japan can i ask for your itineraries or suggested hotels, restaurants and activities? We're planning to go to Tokyo, Osaka-Kyoto-Nagoya,Hokkaido or other skiing resorts.

Thank you soooo much!..I want to ask permission to copy your eurotrip itineraries for future reference!  ;D ;D ;D

"She doesn't just look on the bright side, she lives there."
-Bright Side, Kim Holden

Missus O

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2016, 03:21:26 pm »
@sparklingjewel - evertime we went on holiday, we never bothered with the packaged tours. Tama yung husband mo, some all-in-one tours don't have a good packages at all. You really do have to be picky and research, and plan your itinerary ahead.

Trip advisor was a good help in planning our trips especially mga activites.that you can do, I normally combine it with booking.com for our hotel needs.  Most European countries naman, maliliit lang mga cities, pwedi lakadin( although it would take HOURS hehe).   We availed of some free walking tours ( and some paid ones :)  hitting 2 birds in one - educational and you get a free tour ).  If there are day trips that are available, we tried  it as well, yung mga gusto lang  namin of course hehe.

The hotels we stayed in were not exactly first class ones, but definitely not the hostel type either. They were within walking distance sa city mismo. Most European countries naman (except for Italy  and Greece and a few others), have a good public transport system. I mean, yung sa Rome eh medyo magulo, but nevertheless,   we were able to navigate without the expensive cab fare. 

Good luck in planning, may you have a grand time in your honeymoon :)
what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

blackgreen

• Super GirlTalker
  • STAY if you're HAPPY, LEAVE if you're NOT.
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2016, 03:34:55 pm »
@ms_jandel, sis japan kami naghoneymoon last year, 9d8n, bitin and mala amazing race yun naging itinerary namin. Pa-PM sa akin email address mo sa I can share our detailed itinerary plus andun na rin yun mga hotels namin. Tokyo-Kyoto-Osaka kami.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life - Confucius

MS_JanDel

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Officially Mrs.H ♥
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2016, 03:45:46 pm »
@ms_jandel, sis japan kami naghoneymoon last year, 9d8n, bitin and mala amazing race yun naging itinerary namin. Pa-PM sa akin email address mo sa I can share our detailed itinerary plus andun na rin yun mga hotels namin. Tokyo-Kyoto-Osaka kami.

Grabeh kahit 9days na ganun pa rin.. hehe..Thanks sis!! PM sent sis!
"She doesn't just look on the bright side, she lives there."
-Bright Side, Kim Holden

shyxiena

• GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2016, 06:20:50 pm »
Hello mga sis! Makiki chika lang din ko sa mga honeymoon trips nyo! hehe! Taga Italy ako pero from Milan hehe! I've been to Paris and Rome! I love both cities! Mas antique ang Rome and Romantic while Paris Romantic and Chic! Sa rome mas maraming mapagpipilian na restaurant once na nasa city center ka na kahit 10 euro/pax sulit na and super accomodating ng mga staff lalo na pg tourist! :) Sa Paris super maganda din talaga pero mas pricy siya talaga lalo na restaurant and tickets if magsubway kayo or bus etc..kahit taxi! hehe! Tip lang kumuha kayo ng tickets na valid for 3 days or 4 days ata yun para mas mura kesa kumuha ng 1 day ticket same sa Rome. Mahigpit kasi dito pag dating sa mga transpo kasi marami controller hehe!

A must to try in Paris is Bateaux Parisien maglunch kayo or dinner sa isang super romantic crusie. Search nyo website nila and andun lahat. My Professional photographer din na magppicture sa inyo and ipriprint nila lahat ng shots nyo malaki ang picture na bibigay nila sa inyo at nakalagay sa magandang frame. Pipili kayo kung alin ang gusto nyo and Kayo bahala kung gusto nyo o hindi basta priprint nila hehe! 15 euro one picture. Sa cruise na yun magstop over kayo sa mga sikat na tourist spots while nag lulunch or dinner and meron din kumakanta na live or musicians. Every table meron kanya kanya waiter. Promise super worth it. Yun lang mejo pricy pero since punta na din kayo sulitin nyo na :) Pinili namin first class kasi my ibat iba dun na pwede piliin. Search nyo and my video din sila :)

Ako naman mga sis since ayoko dito sa Europe mag honeymoon gusto namin Thailand! hehe!

sparklingjewel

• Super GirlTalker
  • What you see is what you get, no filters.
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2016, 07:48:35 pm »
MissusO, i talked to him about it. Apparently he's willing to spend but not for us to get a budget tour na super compromised yung experience. I finally agreed to do it DIY, as long as he arranges everything bilang I'm so toxic busy at work these days. Haha. He's planning to book some first class night trains. I hope everything pans out. Working on a 24-day itinerary :)

Chili1113

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2016, 08:13:58 pm »
sparklingjewel: Ive travelled Europe both independently and by tour. I enjoy travelling independently by far than joining a tour. The tour we had was even a private tour after my brothers wedding, meaning everyone knew each other and were booked in really good 1st class hotels. And yet, I still enjoyed travelling independently much more,

Don't worry, it is so easy to plan European trips these days. And you're right! Leave it to hubby to plan the trip and surprise you with his plans!! I wish I could leave trip planning to H2B but I am too much of a control freak and I have always been the one in charge of planning our trips.

sparklingjewel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2016, 08:35:15 pm »
^Im usually the control freak, except it's really toxic at work these days and i cant afford to be one anymore, haha. So yes, i am leaving it up to him! Haha the private tour you mentioned, i think is the same one my husband was on? Masyadong first class nga kayo dun!! Haha and if you say you enjoyed DIY more than that, i should take the advice :) Grabe lang the logistics of having to plan for all the hotels and travelling.. we might be planning for longer than expected, to maximize the experience kasi pagbalik ko sure hell na naman at work.

Chili1113

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2016, 09:29:34 pm »
Sparklingjewel: If I remember correctly, your hubby didn't join the private tour because they already went to all the places included in that tour. I think they spent more time in Switzerland in Zermatt. I remember seeing their pics and being a bit envious hehe.

Tours are great, but you have lots of time to join them when you are old and gray or when you have your little ones in tow hehe. Plus its so nice to experience Europe spontaneously, and get lost it little quaint streets without always having to follow your leader around like a herd. Some of my best experiences in Europe were really as simple as sitting on a park bench by the Eiffel Tower for many hours with a bottle of cheap wine, some cheese and snacks we bought in a convenience store. These are things you can't do on a whim when you are on a tour.

Logistics can easily be sorted out, and since you and hubby are very experienced travelers I don't think you will have a problem navigating train stations or local transportation.

sparklingjewel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2016, 09:50:08 pm »
^Ah i thought you were together there. He mentioned to me the vineyards and all. Yeah, Zermatt daw is worth it. But it's far off if you're on DIY kaya we'll prolly just do Lucerne or Bern. Thanks for the advice. I sure hope we enjoy this DIY :)

papemelroti

• you deserve it
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2016, 11:18:11 am »
hi sis sparkling jewel,

for honeymoon, better to diy so if you decide on the day to skip something you can just take it off your list.

Mine was diy with a mix of tours in iceland and scotland. Amsterdam, delft, scotlands cities, york and london are just diy. its a blessing in disguise since I was already pregnant and couldn't do an entire day of sightseeing. we would leave at 11am and return to the hotel around 4 then go out again around 7pm =)

turn off the tv and look at me

princessshayera

• GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2016, 01:21:02 pm »
For tours I recommend Mulan travel. They handle incentive tours of the top mobile suppliers here in Phil.
[/quote]

I also recommend Mulan travel. My family and friends usually use this travel agency and laging maayos. They're a bit pricier than the travel agencies sa malls but iba talaga ang quality.

gingerbreadwoman

• GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2016, 03:34:44 pm »
Maki join ako mga sis. Ganito rin itinerary namin. Pero baka daan kami seychelles before heading to Amsterdam and Norway..

Check ko yung Bergen and Oslo. I'll take your advices rin na huwag na magtour. This is really helpful!

If ever, kelan ako dapat magbook to prepare for this? Wedding namin is January 20 then plan to leave January 23 for honeymoon.

Thank you! <3

nikkipedia

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2016, 04:22:31 pm »
Hi sissies!!! Where is the bestttt honeymoon place in the Philippines???
Yes, we don't have extra annual leave so I better love our own than never have a honeymoon at all! ;D ;D ;D

rowan

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2016, 07:37:26 pm »
El Nido? Two Seasons Coron? Or some classy resort in Cebu like Abaca, Kandaya, etc:)

itsKat!

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2016, 12:20:18 pm »
Hi nikkipedia, it depends kung anong gusto nyong gawin ni hubby! El Nido is a very nice place pero if you are going to do the tours nakakapagod but the scenery is perfect. I agree with rowan, if you love the beach try those expensive resorts dahil honeymoon nyo naman.. If you and husband is not a beach person, try somewhere else. Batanes din mukhang maganda though di ko pa nakita!  :)

ayouweinlove

• Junior GirlTalker
  • You can't fix stupid, but you can numb it.
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2016, 12:39:14 pm »
hello mga sis,
Makikisali ako dito sa thread. ano ang mas magandang country for honeymoon? bali, indonesia or KL malaysia? december pa kami maghoneymoon after the wedding.

bali -kasi parang relax lang, pero i've read na hindi daw okay ang beaches nila? any inputs?
malaysia - may leggo land, and sight seeing na din. I've heard na mahal daw ang food.
J & A
I stopped fighting my inner demons. we're on the same side now.

meixin

• Senior GirlTalker
  • 01-28-17
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2016, 01:29:38 pm »
You can reach legoland from singapore, bus lang :) Yung bali, comment ng friend ko mas maganda pa daw ang boracay, pero I haven't been there :P

itsKat!

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2016, 01:39:31 pm »
^ i also need some thoughts about bali! we will be having our honeymoon there right after the wedding. My plan is to stay in a villa and just enjoy the company of my h2b, then maybe one day tour lang just to see bali and their temples.

For beaches talaga, I think we have the best here in the Philippines  so I won't be expecting a boracay like beach na lang din so I won't be disappointed.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close