Author Topic: What's on you wedding menu?  (Read 12978 times)

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: What's on you wedding menu?
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2016, 07:06:20 am »
Sharing our Wedding Menu by K by Cunanan, the food {according to guests} that ruined their diet that day.. Haha! :)

HORS D'OEUVRE
-Chicken on Crisp Tortilla, Arugula, Caramelised Onion
-Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup Shots
-Honey Nut Shrimps
{Served with Starbucks beverages and iced tea}

BREAD
-with Creamy Pesto Spread
-with Roasted Peppers and Garlic

SOUP
-Broccoli and Cheese Soup

SALAD
-Barbecue Chicken Salad

MAIN COURSES
-Slow Cooked Beef, Potato Cakes and Creamed Spinach
-Baked Fish in Cream in a bed of Mashed Potatoes
-Mixed Seafood, Chicken and Chorizo Paella
-Pork Belly, Fig and Apple Compote, Potato Puree
-Carrot Rice, Steamed Rice

DESSERTS
-Queso de Bola Cheesecake
-Chocolate and Hazelnut Cannoli
-White Chocolate Cake
-Flambeed Mangoes with Vanilla Ice Cream
-Fresh Fruits

BEVERAGES
-Raspberry Iced Tea
-Brewed Coffee
-Tarragon Tea
{Wine provided by couple}

I have 2 dessert buffets, the one from K by Cunanan and another one from Chef Kiko. Our guests loved the food so much that  they couldn't stop talking about it even months after the wedding. {Not to mention, our wedding hashtag was filled with snapshots of our cocktails and desserts}. That's the best thing we can offer to our guests kasi. My mum attended a wedding in one of the well known hotels in Makati & up to this moment, she can still remember how bad the food was even if the event happened yearssss ago na ha. So it's best to prioritise food talaga. :)

K by C prepared 2 buffet tables and surprisingly, the queue did not build up that much, we barely even noticed it. It was Darlene who facilitated it and looks like she already mastered the queuing technique. :)

I have attended several sit down weddings, and I feel like the food is not always enough, and most of the time di ko type. I mean, busog ako but something's missing. Siguro the urge of seeing a wide variety of choices is what I'm after kaya ganon. :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 07:22:31 am by belle_v2g »

hunny

  • Guest
Re: What's on you wedding menu?
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2016, 10:10:24 am »
We had the Filipino menu at Sonya's garden but added some other items to please our other guests. Naging successful naman and everyone had their favorites.

Soup: pumpkin
Bread: spanish bread, cheese hopia (cocktails)
Veggies: fresh lumpia
Chicken: galantina
Beef: lengua
Fish: inihaw na bangus
Pork: lechon c/o Ed & Daisy (recommended supplier of Sonya's)
Desserts: turon, minatamis na kamote, and Sonya's chocolate cake
Unlimited dalandan juice and tarragon tea

corpse_bride

  • Guest
Re: What's on you wedding menu?
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2016, 03:22:28 am »
Hi corpse_bride, specific as in ito na yung gusto naming pagkain sa reception :) Gusto kasi sana namin medyo low-key and chill lang talaga, pati food. Kahit di na masyadong fancy, basta masarap. Kaya may gusto na kaming menu, kailangan lang talaga namin yung magluluto at mag aasikaso. Kaya lang parang wala atang nag ooffer ng ganung service.

Parang pinaka gusto ko yung Option 1 sa menus mo. Set C for the appetizers. Pero parang di naman appealing to kids yung children's menu?

Hi, sis! Hmm.. I'm not familiar kasi with Baguio caterers though. Siguro if madali lang yung food na gusto niyo, they could adjust. If matagal na sila sa business, kahit bagong costing may rough idea na sila. May venue ka na ba? Or still looking?

Yeah I like option 1 din. As for the children's menu, I made my only flowergirl/niece choose. Natuwa naman siya she got to be part of the planning. She chose the 2nd menu but change the fruit salad to panna cotta daw.

Chili1113 my sister told me nga that even her chef friend got Via Mare eons ago. Parang walang recent review so nakakatakot. Baka na stuck na yung menu nila in the 80s & 90s. I feel the menu I got is just that. I emailed them din for a quotation but never got a reply.

I'm thinking of ordering the same number din for cocktails. We'll bring nalang din products of other friends like nuts, cheese & pies haha!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: What's on you wedding menu?
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2016, 08:09:46 am »
corpse_bride: don't worry! Via Mare is good and the menu you posted sounds yummy =) Who cares if they serve very classic dishes hehe

my food tasting is in 2 weeks!! Apparently I cannot taste the carveries like roast beef, cuchinillo, and leg of ham. Well bahala na. I told them to prepare several options for the chicken and fish dishes. I also want to tweak the desserts parang super corny the desserts include-- chocolate cake, cheese cake, pandan jade, and fresh fruit. I don't want to serve mango pandan in my wedding. Hell no. I love buko pandan but it reminds me of dessert in my old school cafeteria.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 08:13:34 am by Chili1113 »

corpse_bride

  • Guest
Re: What's on you wedding menu?
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2016, 09:57:23 am »
^does it? I still find it blah even if it read it over & over again. I'm somehow wishing they added high falutin French terms that I usually find snotty & stupid (learned basic French in culinary school so they can't fool me) to describe each dish.

Aww talaga? Sayang naman. Yun pa naman yung highlight of your buffet.  Can't they do a sample with a smaller cut? Or prolly order a cuchinillo nalang for a family occasion or something..  I think a friend of mine got Hizon's for her wedding. Sabi naman niya ok daw yung food.

cornflakegirl

  • Guest
Re: What's on you wedding menu?
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2016, 03:44:14 pm »
nakakagutom naman ang mga posts dito ;D

eto pa lang ang nasa list ko: i am guided by my wedding planner

appetizers:
sushi wong
tuna mushroom tartlet
chicken BBQ satay
nachos
asparagus bacon wrap
fish fingers
adobo spring rolls

(ayokong magutom ang guests kaya sandamakmak ang appetizers)
i also ordered garden salad bar
candy buffet
pasta bar

main entrees
osso bucco
lengua sevillana
baby back ribs
salt and pepper chicken
rolled veggies with harumaki sauce
fish in peach apple sauce

drinks blue lemonade
cucumber juice

dessert station
blueberry panna cotta
creme brulle
chocolate mousse

sushi & maki station
coffee bar

ang dami ng gastos haha!! wala na budget sa lechon


rightback

  • Guest
Re: What's on you wedding menu?
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2016, 05:11:35 pm »
Finally done and here's our menu from K by Cunanan and was a big hit with our guests.

Cocktails:
Mini Eggs Benedict
Blinis with Smoked Salmon
Hoisin Chicken Wrap

Buffet spread with our hometown goodies.

Soup:
Broccoli and Cheese

Salad:
Nicoise Salad with seared tuna

Mains:
Rolled Chicken with Cheese and Leeks, Teriyaki Glaze
Slow cooked Beef with creamed spinash and mashed potato cakes
Fish baked in cream with slivered almonds
Mixed seafood pasta with tomatoes and capers
Lechon

Dessert:
White Chocolate Cake
Fresh Fruits
Chocolate and Hazelnut Cannoli
Croissant pudding with vanilla sauce
Flambeed mango with ice cream

z0z

  • Guest
Re: What's on you wedding menu?
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2016, 05:26:20 pm »
We opted for buffet kasi there are people who don't eat fish/pork/chicken/beef/veggies.... so pag sitdown I don't want to hear any kaartehan. Though principal sponsors/presidential table eh sit-down, as well as the children meal and meal for guests who are vegetarian.

So what we did for our grandma, she would be on the presidential table para di na sya pipila sa buffet.

For the buffet, here's the menu we chose:
Appetizer
    Seafood Terrine with Saffron Aioli
    Pork Pistachio Terrine with Sun-dried Red Wine Shallot Confit

 Salads
     Seared Tuna Salad Nicoise
     Taal Vista Organic Mixed Green Salad with Condiments and Dressing

     
Soup
    Cream of Pumpkin with Parsley Bacon Bits

     
Main dishes
    Grilled Fish Fillet in Lemon Butter Sauce
    Char-grilled Chicken in Honey Hawaiian Pineapple
    Korean beef
    Saffron Rice
    Grilled Vegetables
    Linguini Pasta Marinara
    Lechon :)

     
Dessert
    Fresh Fruit Platter in Season
    Black Forest Cake
    Bread and Butter Pudding with Vanilla Sauce
    Mango Crepe Samurai


Cee05

  • Guest
Re: What's on you wedding menu?
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2016, 03:15:50 pm »
cee05: How was the food in your cousins's despidida del soltera? Was it a sit down or buffet? Are you allowed to order from the old menu?  I told my AE, Ching that if we wont be allowed to order from the old menu that we will cancel our reservation. She told me clients who booked before Oct? can order from the old menu.

LOL--- I think they made a bad choice in changing their caterer. I know someone whos getting married in January and really insisted on bringing in their own chef. They are only ordering their soup, salad, and dessert from Polo.  But main dishes will be prepared by Chef Jessie. OMG though I cannot imagine the corkage fees.

I can't believe I skipped this! Anyway, she opted to have a buffet setup but since it was such a small function lang naman compared to a wedding, it didn't give off the "fiesta" vibe naman. She got items from the old menu also 'coz she booked like during the summer, plus their new menu wasn't that fixed yet when they were finalizing the event.

Have you had your food tasting already? I hope they realize that we decided to get them before because of their old ways (like their old menu, prices etc.) Hayayayayay! Polo Club pa naman was the second supplier I booked, after my church of course :D

reese17

  • Guest
Re: What's on you wedding menu?
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2016, 04:45:04 pm »
We recently attended a wedding a Polo Club and it was a sit-down setup with 6 courses. Here were my observations (I don't know if this will help!):

Salad - greens were fresh, just wished they didn't scrimp on the fruits or the candied nuts
Soup - good (heavy! we had cream of asparagus)
Seafood with puff pastry - this was good
Sorbet - didn't enjoy it as the flavors were weird. It leaned more on the sweet side than sour
Filet mignon - it was okay but I felt like the quality of the beef wasn't so good. It was tender pero you could tell that it was an old cow. :(
Dessert - so-so, nothing spectacular

We were super busog afterwards! So if it was a question of quantity, the serving sizes were really generous. As for quality, I would say that the food is tasty enough :)

Cee05

  • Guest
Re: What's on you wedding menu?
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2016, 08:09:55 pm »
^ Wee! Thank you, sis. I'm not as worried as before na naman 'coz I'm sure there are a lot of receptions/ functions happening before mine so I'm sure if there's something wrong with their menu, it should've been addressed already by the time I have my food tasting/ event. :) Positive thinking nalang, hahaha

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: What's on you wedding menu?
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2016, 08:48:03 pm »
Hi Cee05!! Thanks so so much for your feedback on Polo!! Our food tasting is tom. and I will let you know how it goes =) =)

Cee05

  • Guest
Re: What's on you wedding menu?
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2016, 02:56:00 pm »
^ Good luck with your food tasting! Crossing my fingers ;)

prettylove

  • Guest
Re: What's on you wedding menu?
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2016, 04:41:46 pm »
Sis chili1113 hizons pa din ba caterer mo or nagpalit ka? Good luck on your foodtasting sis!! ❤️❤️

reese17

  • Guest
Re: What's on you wedding menu?
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2016, 08:43:04 am »
Chili, my in-laws and I also attended Polo's NYE party tapos buffet style. Though I'm not sure if that was Hizon's na, okay naman siya :) just tell them to make sure the food doesn't go cold! Medyo malamig na yung ibang hot items when I was filling my plate. Sorry, not trying to discourage you with your venue ha, I think Polo's still classy and OK but hopefully these tips will help you and Cee05 remind your AEs. Anyway, whichever option you choose the food is still tasty and their serving sizes are good. :)

meixin

  • Guest
Re: What's on you wedding menu?
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2016, 08:59:51 am »
grabe andami ng food :) Yung fish florentine, yan ba yung salmon? I attended a wedding sa La Castellana na Hizon's yung caterer and I found the food nice naman, especially the salmon with cream sauce. They also had soup nun, maybe pwede nyo din maging option yun :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: What's on you wedding menu?
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2016, 12:14:58 pm »
reese17: Thanks for the tips!!! :) Yes I will remind the AE to keep the food warm. cold food is no good. My sister and best friend were with me in the food tasting. They were disappointed too. But my sister was saying maybe it will be better when everything is setup and properly presented. I sure hope so!! Haha I think in Polo you end up paying for the location too because they dont charge a venue fee so they markup the price per head.

meixin: I have the option to remove 1 appetizer and exchange it for soup. Thanks sis I think Ill do that!! And since Reese17 said the Cream of Asparagus was good Ill request for that!! Madami food because were trying to go nalang for variety and quantity since medyo the food is just OK. The fish Florentine isn't salmon but I have a feeling same lang yung cream sauce and cheese topping recipe that hizons used for it. Pero mas bagay ata Salmon hehe parang mas cheap yung fish na ginamit for this.

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the feedback! It is really so helpful.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 12:26:43 pm by Chili1113 »

Cee05

  • Guest
Re: What's on you wedding menu?
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2016, 05:13:11 pm »
Chili1113: Thank you so much for the honest feedback! I'm sure if we make them kulit, they'll perform better. We just need to remind them constantly, because honestly, good food is something I'm sure all ours guests-to-be are looking forward to and we don't want to disappoint them. :) I haven't scheduled my foodtasting yet 'coz my wedding is on Sept pa but I probably would schedule it before the summer ends. Sana by our weddings the food & prep are better na :)

reese17: Your insights are always spot-on! Thank you! Hopefully things go smoothly for sis Chili and myself with Polo:)

prettylove

  • Guest
Re: What's on you wedding menu?
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2016, 09:10:24 am »
^sis chili113 from hizons catering ba ang menu nyo or meron din from polo? Thanks! ☺️

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: What's on you wedding menu?
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2016, 03:14:24 pm »
^^ that's good to hear chili1113 :D . At least nabawasan na stress mo sa food.  Can't wait to have my final detailing and final food tasting this May. I'll be going home first week of May to finalize things and my hubby is coming in a week prior to the wedding. Di ko sya kasama sa final food tasting but will be asking for another food tasting with K by C.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close