Author Topic: 2015 Brides (Part 5)  (Read 66122 times)

gi_jane101112

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2015, 02:19:47 pm »
naeexcite din ako for you sis simang! you are so blessed to have a sister and friends like them..parang nararamdaman ko excitement mo..nagjajump ang heart ko..hahaha!

simang

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2015, 03:24:02 pm »
^haha thanks sis gi_jane!! masayang bonding na with them, bawas gastos na din :D haha

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2015, 02:06:26 pm »
Has any of you felt burnt out doing wedding preps? We only have less than 100 days before the wedding and I somehow feel frustrated/exasperated about a lot of things. I'm tired of juggling work, wedding preps and family/social obligations. I'm tired of hearing criticisms for the things that we've accomplished for the wedding. Parang, okay, if you don't want that, then why not get married again and do what YOU want. I try to be happy even if some things did not turn out as planned/envisioned (i.e., hindi nasunod ang pegs ko), but sometimes I can't help feeling bad after hearing comments from our families. Humihirit na nga ako kay fiance (much to his dismay hahaha pinapagalitan ako) that elopement sounds really appealing lately! Hahaha. Hay. Sorry, I just wanted to let that one out.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2015, 02:18:59 pm »
Hi sis caleeice. I think we are on the same boat. Last night, I told hubby about his non - involvement sa wedding plans, and we actually ended laughing about it. Sabi ko kase I'm tired na. I do the planning all by myself at sya, busy sa ibang things. Sabi nya, ayaw ko daw ba yon, lahat ng gusto ko ang nasusunod. I'm just tired. There are times na I don't want to even think. I'm sick of doing endless lists and editing excels. It's very draining. Haha! Can't wait na matapos na to so I can sleep well.

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2015, 02:25:59 pm »
Same sis! I'm super tired as well. I used to be an eager beaver who wants to do everything right away. Ngayon, like you, I feel drained! Nakakapagod ang endless to-do list. Tick off one, add five more! Nakakainis din the parents who never seem to run out of things to say! I just want to get this done and over with.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2015, 02:38:58 pm »
I never had problems with my mum & dad so far. Siguro my worst problem at this point is TIME. Pano I'm already exhausted from work & housework then I have a son who goes to prep. Me & hubby works full time. Super dami kong inaasikaso and kailangan iprepare everyday. (I no longer have time for friends so I imagine nagtatampo na din sila sakin.) Plus the wedding.
Anyway.. Malapit na lang tayo sis caleeice.. can't wait til my life goes back to normal, same with my sleeping pattern.

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2015, 02:44:58 pm »
True sis belle_v2g! I can't wait til I have my bawi weekends back (where I can just sleep/rest/enjoy all day). :)

galatea_spheres

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2015, 03:35:02 pm »
Sis caleeice, with regards to the comments from families (and friends) abt their opinions for your wedding, I found out the best way to curb that was to tell them NOTHING about my wedding preps haha :) Eh kasi nung una ma-kwento ako sa kanila but then my titas and cousins would always  have suggestions and well-meaning (but snide) comments abt my choices. Eh they couldnt seem to understand that its what I want that should matter and that im trying to work within a certain budget. So when i stopped sharing, of course wala na silang alam so wala na silang ma comment hehe :) I always just answer "everything is going well" or "everything is fixed na" when they ask, end of conversation :) And if ever they still offer ideas, it goes in one ear and out the other :) sobrang nabasawan stress ko after i did that haha :)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2015, 03:54:05 pm »
Thank you sis galatea! :) I hardly share wedding details with my relatives. I'm like you, I just say, "okay lang, doing okay naman wedding preps". Problem is with my parents mismo. It's hard to keep them out of the loop, but I've started doing something like the one you suggested below. For example, with our upcoming meeting with our host, mum insists that she wants to join us. Sabi ko huwag na. Hehe. You see I'm an unica hija, so she only gets to do this once. I understand that, but I'm really starting to get frustrated and stressed out. Minsan kaya naman pasok sa isang tenga, labas sa isa. Pero minsan I just feel really bad. Oh well, iniisip ko na lang na matatapos din ito soon :)

happybride_2014

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2015, 04:13:52 pm »
Hi sis annamae01 , Sa gown ma susuggest ko Roxy or Paolo Blanco sis. Parehong magaling at affordable for me. HMUA sis I suggest Van Renolla who is my HMUA for my entou and HMUA for my friend who will wed this March.. Her rates are very affordable yet the quality is superb. As for DJ sis, Jun Dumlao since nung umattend ako sa kasal ng friend ko walang dull moment sa reception nya. Masaya ang vibe..

Hope I helped sis..

Post modified. Please refrain from quoting long posts.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 05:08:49 pm by mama squeak! »

miyaka19

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2015, 04:20:41 pm »
Hello Ladies,


 i'm a 2015 bride din... wedding will be on Oct 17, 2015. Can anyone suggest a good mobile bar and emcee for the wedding?

thanks,

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #111 on: March 13, 2015, 04:27:26 pm »
Sis infinity, I can so relate with you! Malapit na rin ba wedding mo sis?

Wala na rin ako sa excitement phase. I'm now in the can we just get this done and over with stage. Nakaka-stress!!! I've been teasing my fiance na, mag-tanan na lang kami kasi napapagod na ako! Hahaha!  ;D Last night, I really wanted to cry! Hahaha.

I agree with you. Thank God for GT where I can rant and have fellow brides listen and understand what I'm going through. Hahaha. I'm so EMO! Nakakainis.  ;D

skela96c

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2015, 05:31:02 pm »
Hi sis caleeice! Take time off your wedding preps. As in spend time with your fiance like a weekend without talking about it or anything related to it. Nakaka drain din kasi no?

Our wedding is less than 60days away. Fiance and i talk everynight but we don't talk about the wedding preps everyday. when we need to discuss something about the preps, nagseset kami ng separate discussion time. Tapos after non, tapos na. Til our next "meeting" re wedding preps na ulit. minsan kasi we get too busy w the preps nakakalimutan na natin mangamusta ano na nagyayari sa ibang aspeto ng relationship natin.

Delegate. Ito ang parating reminder sakin ni fiance. This early we've delegated tasks to friends. Abusuhin ang mga kaibigan! Lol! Ang fear kasi ni fiance baka daw bigla na lang ako sumabog pag inangkin ko lahat ng tasks. Well may tendency naman nga. Hehe

We only started the preps this Jan. May ang wedding. so far booked naman na lahat. Got my gown na, done our prenup, website is up, DIYs are half done, invits for sponsors available na...konti na lang. ΓΌ

Aja!

galatea_spheres

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #113 on: March 13, 2015, 05:42:22 pm »
Sis caleeice, i have one tita na gustong gustong maging super involved sa wedding kasi sya na rin yun parang mom ko (sis of my dad, my mom passed away na kasi) and wala syang anak na babae so i guess feel na feel nya haha :) im super close din sa kanya kaya nga nung una todo kwento ako sa lahat. i know she means well but eventually, like you, her expectations and opinions were bringing me down and making me question my decisions. So i decided to stand up for myself, id find ways to very politely evade her questions and if she's super insistent, il just tell na i got it and i want her to relax and that it will be a surprise for her haha :) eventually naman she got it and i see na nagpipigil na rin sya ngayon, which i super appreciate :) hopefully, your mom will eventually get it na rin, its just hard sometimes for them to see us as adults who can handle executing our own events :)

With regards to the stress and disillusionment, maybe you can step away muna from the preps. Try to get back to your activities and interests (pre wedding preps). Try not to talk about weddings with friends. Maybe you can alot a certain time of the day or of the week only to think of the wedding (easier said than done, i know haha). With everything kasi (not just wedding preps) thats what i try to do: when things get too frenzied and not enjoyable anymore, step back muna :) madali lang naman bumalik ulit haha :) anyway, just my two cents worth! Hth! :)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 05:46:04 pm by galatea_spheres »

Jailalee

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #114 on: March 13, 2015, 08:41:29 pm »
Hi ladies. :) Last posted a couple of threads back pa. We took a looooong (as in 6-month) break from preps and are now just starting to get back on track. Kaloka kasi our wedding's in June 6 na and we still have a lot to finalize.

Has anyone had their pre-cana na? Saan mura and okay? :)

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #115 on: March 13, 2015, 09:26:44 pm »
^hi sis.we had pur precana sa San Agustin. 1500 bayad halfday. Ok naman :) may free merienda naman

annoneone

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #116 on: March 13, 2015, 10:10:23 pm »
sobrang saya kong malaman na hindi lang pala ako ang nasstress pagaasikaso ng wedding... hahaha
Malapit na ang May 16...
Ang dami pang gagawin... :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

jajasmin

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #117 on: March 13, 2015, 10:45:10 pm »
sissies,
I have a problem reg my wedding prep
my preferred caterer was very busy talaga, they just answered me once and after that hindi pa sila ng send sa akin ng quotation.
Now there's 1 caterer na very accommodating, they sent me package for Php115k good for 150pax (8 menu) , cocktail (4menu). P/v withSDE, florist, bouquet and full coordination, lights/sounds, emcee and wedding singer. I just met them earlier.
my problem is i booked already the otd ko  :-\  super nice  din ng otd ko..

I was very confused , the caterer was very affordable yet elegant ang styling, they offered me free hmua trial, no need to worry nadin daw with crew meal kasi sila nadaw bahala duon. im still searching for the caterer's review, wala pa akong nababasa though they have fb accounts naman.

need any advice sis. cancelled ko ba otd ko?

simang

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #118 on: March 13, 2015, 11:34:08 pm »
^sis baka you can ask the caterer na tanggalin na yung coordinator sa package na bigay nila sayo. for some, possible yun, they'll be discounting it sa total amount. that is if you really like your booked OTD. if you're willing to let go naman of your OTD, including the downpayment, pwede din naman. all in package ba talaga gusto mo? hmm, i learned kase na itong mga all in packages especially the ones na hindi pa established talaga, nagko-quote lang sila ng price for certain inclusions, and then saka pa lang sila maghahanap ng ka-tie up na teams (hmua, p/v, etc etc).

120515

  • Guest
Re: 2015 Brides (Part 5)
« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2015, 12:19:54 am »
jajasmin, if you really like your coordinator and you have a great rapport with her then just keep her and do as simang suggested. it seems that it's a good deal - 115k that covers catering, styling, lights and sounds, emcee, photographer/videographer, etc. however, i think you should check out the other inclusions especially the photographer/videographer's output and ensure that they meet your requirements. sometimes an all-in-one package is like a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none thing.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close