Author Topic: Wedding Shoes  (Read 81182 times)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #420 on: June 29, 2016, 11:02:32 pm »
^Sis Hubby and I both bought our shoes 8 months before the wedding. I just kept mine in the box and inside the dust bag it came with. I placed silica gel packs to absorb excess moisture. I think the shoes can breathe naman inside the box it comes with. I kept it in my bedroom and not in my closet in the bathroom since it is humid in there. I think the rhinestones of your shoes will be ok, just keep it dry and away from sunlight and excess heat. Hope this helps! Congrats on finding your wedding shoe!! =)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 11:05:10 pm by Chili1113 »

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #421 on: June 30, 2016, 05:52:45 am »
@ly3hs - be sure to have secondary shoes on hand na lang sis on your wedding day.  If you have a chunky heeled or wedges na medyo mataas para di masyado magkakaron ng discrepancy sa gown mo pag naglalakad or while your dancing.

I bought nude 4 inch sandals from Steve Madden, and while they were comfortable when I have worn them prior to. On the day of, napahigpit yata yung pagsuot sa akin ng sister ko. I was okay while I was still in Balay Indang,(even if I had to walk down a long flight of stairs,  a cobblestoned path, a graveled driveway, and even the tiled aisle of San Antonio de Padua).  I felt the creeping pain, after the mass, and it  got worst while we were having our pictures taken. Pero nevertheless, naka takbo pa din ako from aisle to the outside of the church para sa video :D. But once nakaalis na yung mga guests at nagshoshoot na kami, ayun nag palit na akonng shoes ko.

 Tip, as much as possible wear something comfortable pero heeled pa din. (Yung shoes na gamit mo na para no need for breaking it in).  I wore my favorite pair of clogs kaya okay lang. I was able to dance in them and heeled pa din sya kaya wala masyadong discrepancy sa gown (especially for serpentina gowns and hindi rin ako nadadapa).

Happy preps sis. :)


MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #422 on: June 30, 2016, 08:25:52 am »
^ Haha naligaw pa ako pareho kasing may "Globe" sa word ng bazaar. Ay talaga? I'll drop by nga on Sat sa Rustans. I am soo excited! Ito ata ang hindi nakakastress gastusan haha!

Go sis! Hope you find you "the one"shoes. I haven't fully decided on mine yet. Siguro pagnakita ko na dun ko malalaman. hahahaha.. Tama ka sis, eto yung exciting gastusan because it's something you can use after. heheeh

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #423 on: June 30, 2016, 09:19:17 am »
@lyr3hs Yey sis! I kept it sa box lang in my room wrapped in its original tissue wrap, although from time to time nilalabas ko at sinusukat sukat. Then nung sat tinry ko siya suotin sa bahay for 1 hr, sinuotan ko lang ng peep toe socks yung ilalim para di madumihan habang pinapractice ko. I think I will do that every month til the wedding para masanay din ako sa feel nung heels. :)

lyr3hs

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #424 on: June 30, 2016, 10:58:20 am »
Thanks for the tip sis Chilli, Missus O, and meixin!! Ill surely bring a spare shoes. Ill try to look for cheaper ones na lang.. Hope I can find one.

Regarding the storing of shoes, I have couple of shoes kasi that I kept in a box since bihira lang gamitin, then after a few months/years, i checked it and its already peeling na. Im worried that it can also happen to my wedding shoes.

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #425 on: June 30, 2016, 11:10:41 am »
Ilabas labas mo nalang din siya from time to time :) And maybe kasi leather type yung other shoes mo? Badgley I think is satin kasi, so baka magkaiba ng behavior. Since February pa yung shoes nasa akin, so far ok pa naman :)

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #426 on: June 30, 2016, 03:43:56 pm »
Oh my nakakatakot naman your experiences with heeled shoes! The ones I bought are 3 1/2 inch nude pumps and so far its comfortable whenever I use it. I originally planned on just wearing flats after the ceremony but I dont want my dress to look longer than it looks. Im sure it will show on pictures. Where can I find comfy wedge shoes? Naturalizer?

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #427 on: June 30, 2016, 04:30:35 pm »
Agree with you sissies that no matter how comfy heels are, there will always be pain after wearing them for a couple of hours especially for someone like me who aren't use to them. Always nice to have back up shoes. I badly want to wear flats during the reception but I realized after your posts that indeed my dress would look longer. I think I'll bring in 2 back up shoes, a comfy heeled one at the start of the reception and flats after the program.

Sis Rowan have you tried Payless? That have wedge shoes too.  :)

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #428 on: June 30, 2016, 04:53:12 pm »
^Yeah Ive thought of Payless too but I have yet to try their wedges. Will pay them a visit:)

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #429 on: July 01, 2016, 04:03:49 am »
@Rowan, Celine also makes good wedges ;D. Well the wedges I wore were from Celine and I had been wearing them since 2009. Not joking. And they have been the best wedges I've worn (so far). I'm happy to say despite its age, it doesn't look na 7 years na sya sa akin :D.  I believe its leather (turquoise blue pa sya ha), and so far, it has not peeled off as well.   Maybe sa pag store din sa kanya.

rowan

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #430 on: July 01, 2016, 09:40:30 am »
^Great to know! The Celines I have are heeled ones and they get painful after a few hours but Im sure wedges will be comfier. Thanks for the tip:)

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #431 on: July 01, 2016, 02:50:54 pm »
^ It might be. Most of the time, wedges are more comfortable, especially since unlike stilettos, your weight falls mostly on the ball of your foot, kaya sumasakit. Nagkaka strain lalo na sa sides. hehe.  Pero another factor din siguro kasi super na nabreak in ko na din sya. I walked in it for about 2 miles - twice na! hehe. 

I have to say though, there is a shoe brand na mostly na ooverlook dito, which is surprisingly (according sa sister ko) quite comfortable. Being the maid of honour, my sister needed shoes to wear for our event. Ayaw ng hubby nya bumili sya sa Zara, where she saw "the most adorable and sexy pair of shoes ever!" Her words not mine. hehe.  Ayaw ng hubby nya kasi daw minsan lang nya gagamitin, at namamahalan yung hubby nya.  Plus they do not always party naman daw sa Dubai where they are based. Anyways, my sister went to SM megamall, pag uwi nya tuwang tuwa sya kasi nakakita sya ng knock off nung gusto nyang shoes. And during our wedding, hindi sya nagpalit ng shoes - the whole time-  from church to reception. Sabi nya okay naman daw. Hindi daw sumakit paa nya. She bought her shoes from Parisian.

LilaFowler

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #432 on: July 01, 2016, 08:30:50 pm »
^ I actually have a pair of shoes from Parisian. They are quite comfortable and stylish. The only problem with them is that the synthetic material makes my feet sweat.

Cheroppy

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #433 on: July 03, 2016, 07:24:27 pm »
Hi girls!
Halos magkasing tangkad lang kami ni fiance, kaya ayaw niya ko magheels sa wedding namin dahil magiging mas matangkad nako hehe, I'm planning to buy doll shoes na lang, san ba yung ok na store for doll shoes?
Thank you! :)

meixin

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #434 on: July 05, 2016, 09:11:58 am »
I bought formal shoes from CMG earlier this year na supposed to be gagamitin ko for my engagement ceremony. Then while nagffit ako ng gown ko this weekend, I noticed that some of the stones are missing na.. Medyo nakakainis lang.. Di naman ganun kahalata pero 4k din binayaran ko for that then once ko palang nagagamit then may natanggal na agad... Gusto ko tuloy iparepair/replace yung missing stones...

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #435 on: July 05, 2016, 12:51:38 pm »
sis Cheroppy I've tried out flats in Tory Burch, MK and Ferragamo. They're all comfy for me.  ;D

sis meixin nakakainis nga yan sis na once lang tapos sira na agad. sayang pera.

Cheroppy

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #436 on: July 05, 2016, 04:43:53 pm »
^ thanks sis! Weill check them. :)

mgvaa

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #437 on: July 07, 2016, 10:34:47 am »
I'm a Melissa kind of girl and I'm also considering wearing one on my wedding day. :)
I love its smell. I'm so addicted haha!

tan.denise54

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #438 on: July 13, 2016, 01:19:21 am »
I love melissas too! So comfy. But I'm still trying to find a design which will be fit for my wedding :)

I'm a Melissa kind of girl and I'm also considering wearing one on my wedding day. :)
I love its smell. I'm so addicted haha!

nerakmd

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Shoes
« Reply #439 on: July 31, 2016, 08:10:29 pm »
I just bought the Harriet Wilde peony shoes. They offer free shipping in their online store if anyone else is interested. It looks really good if you have a lace dress. :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close