Author Topic: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6  (Read 82048 times)

imprincessfiona

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #180 on: February 26, 2015, 09:38:09 am »
Kahit simpleng simple lang daw. Basta church wedding. So there, we planned everything na mejo tipid. Food lang ang priority namin, and to enjoy with the company of our guests (lahat relatives namin. 10 lang ang common friends namin na invited, mga abay pa sila.) Nag offer din na sumagot ng other expenses yung parents nya (p/v) and yung mom & brothers ko (florist, ring, gown). I had a 30k P/V, 5k gown, 5k rings, and lahat budgeted talaga... So almost half nung expenses, contribution ng family members namin... Then yung half ipon namin. So yun. We were able to pull of an intimate Tagaytay wedding w/ less than 200k. And i am more than happy how everything turned out. :)
^Buti ka pa sis smile22 madaming sponsor. Kami kasi shoulder namin lahat. Pero kahit na-stress ako sa worry free all in one package it turned out to be a HAPPY WEDDING because of our family, friends and relatives.

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #181 on: February 26, 2015, 10:00:56 am »
I think there is nothing wrong with the practice of asking your bridesmaids to pay for their attire. In our case, I only have 2 bridesmaids and 1 groomsmen and they are all very close to us, practically family. They all 3 know that we are on a budget too but we want to give a wedding where everyone will have fun.

Again, it al depends on how the bride and groom frame this, and at the bottom, is about friendships too you know. Perhaps you find it inconceivable because your entourage is composed of people who you aren't close to. And perhaps your previous experiences as a bridesmaid were to couples you did not consider as really close friends. But it's a decision all around, not only by the couple but by their friends who consent to pay for their gowns. Did you also cover the groomsmen's attires? Then good for you.

sis i didn't say its a wrong practice to ask bridesmaids to pay for their own gown. i just personally don't prefer it that way. like i said, hindi kami close nung couple that asked me to pay for my own gown. and like i said, siguro nasa way din ng pakikipagusap. im sorry if this is a sensitive issue for you as i can see your defensiveness, but please refrain from judging. our entourage is composed of people who are very close to us. one of my best friends even offered to pay but i said hindi na kailangan because i wanted to give it to her as a gift. we will only be renting suits for our groomsmen. we don't have a million budget wedding, pero katulad ng topic ngayon, we prioritized the attire of our ento. kahit 30k lang budget ko sa gown ko, basta masagot namin yung attire nila.

fantabulous

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #182 on: February 26, 2015, 11:51:59 am »
sis i didn't say its a wrong practice to ask bridesmaids to pay for their own gown. i just personally don't prefer it that way. like i said, hindi kami close nung couple that asked me to pay for my own gown. and like i said, siguro nasa way din ng pakikipagusap. im sorry if this is a sensitive issue for you as i can see your defensiveness, but please refrain from judging. our entourage is composed of people who are very close to us. one of my best friends even offered to pay but i said hindi na kailangan because i wanted to give it to her as a gift. we will only be renting suits for our groomsmen. we don't have a million budget wedding, pero katulad ng topic ngayon, we prioritized the attire of our ento. kahit 30k lang budget ko sa gown ko, basta masagot namin yung attire nila.

Sorry too sis, if I seemed defensive. I wasn't just trying to understand your side, too. I always thought kasi these things are personal preferences, and as such, we can't really make judgments. Anyway, that sounds good that you were able to do everything you wanted with your wedding. 

sakura30

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #183 on: February 26, 2015, 12:10:39 pm »
^ Sis bzbee, ako din I prefer to pay for my entou's gowns pero hindi na pasok so budget. Pero if we have bigger budget, bakit hindi diba? I'm just planning to give them fabric from Divi tapos sila na magpatahi. Sabi ko sila na rin sa HMUA pero may marerecommend akong artist. Preferred kong sagutin lahat pero yun nga lang di kaya. hehe.

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #184 on: February 26, 2015, 12:18:34 pm »
bzbee, for what it's worth, I totally agree with you -- our bridal party is made up of our nearest and dearest, and like you we cut the budget in other areas so that we could pay for their attire/hair and makeup/accommodations.

sakura30, I think that's a nice way to do it. I'm sure they'll appreciate that you're letting them decide where to have it made, para they can work with their own budgets. :)

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #185 on: February 26, 2015, 12:22:08 pm »
My bridesmaids will pay for their gowns pero I'll pay for the hmua and I'm looking at buying them shoes. Accessories nila are provided by us. So terno lahat gowns, earrings, shoes.. even hairstyle. :)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #186 on: February 26, 2015, 07:00:58 pm »
Hi ladies. I would like to ask for your thoughts on paying for the HMUA of the female entourage. We'll be paying for their gowns. I wanted for us to pay for some of their HMUA too (others will have their own HMUA), but fiance doesn't want to because his sister-in-law did not pay for the entou's make-up during their wedding and sister-in-law said "too spoiled" na ang entou ko if we're going to pay for the HMUA pa.

We're not destination wedding, but we asked some of them if they wanted to stay overnight at our hotel because we booked a separate suite for our them (sayang naman if nobody's going to sleep in there).

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #187 on: February 26, 2015, 07:02:11 pm »
^ganun ba sis. I think I'd consider myself lucky then,  since my friends don't have that kind of mentality. :) haha! I feel so loved whenever they tell me na ako lagi ang masusunod coz it's MY wedding. And I never felt that way whenever I'm asked to pay for my own gown too. Funny no? Iba iba talaga ng preference. Hehe. Depende rin talaga kung anong circle meron ka.

^sis caleeice. ok lang both or choose one na lang. Ako naman I chose to pay for the make up kasi para maachieve yung desired look. I saw a group of entourage here na terno lahat..super gandang tignan :) my entourage will pay for their gowns.. and mura lang the gowns, not 10k hahahaha! --although we have to pay for the others like pamangkins kase no work pa..
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 07:22:27 pm by belle_v2g »

moizzzelle

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #188 on: February 26, 2015, 07:18:05 pm »
For me, I would rather pay for my entourage's gown. Pakiramdam ko kasi ang rude if pagbabayarin ko sila kahit sabihin ko na gift na nila sa akin. Mukhang napilitan lang. Pero if siLA mismo ang nagprisinta, why not di ba?

(this is my opinion lang ha!)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 07:44:52 pm by moizzzelle »

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #189 on: February 26, 2015, 07:25:59 pm »
caleeice, I think it's okay not to shoulder it as long as you're not requiring them to have it done by a stylist of your choice -- that way they have some control over the cost. (A friend of mine did this, a couple of the bridesmaids chose to use her HMUA; the ones who didn't want to pay as much were able to choose a different salon or do their own.)

That said, I don't consider it "spoiling" the entourage if you do pay for it -- it's an expense they wouldn't have if it wasn't for my wedding, so I feel like if I really want it then I should pay for it.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 07:28:01 pm by sevenstars »

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #190 on: February 26, 2015, 07:29:54 pm »
For me, I would rather pay for my entourage's gown. Pakiramdam ko kasi ang rude if pagbabayarin ko sila kahit sabihin ko na gift na nila sa akin. Mukhang napilitan lang. Pero if si mismo ang nagprisinta, why not di ba?

(this is my opinion lang ha!)

^same with my friends. Nagprisinta/even asking how much is the gown. The reason why we have lots of PS kase nagprisinta din. That's how much they loved to be with us on the day. :) the most memorable part is when I'm asking each of them to be a part of the entourage. Mas excited pa sila kaysa sakin. :)

moizzzelle

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #191 on: February 26, 2015, 07:51:46 pm »
^same with my friends. Nagprisinta/even asking how much is the gown. The reason why we have lots of PS kase nagprisinta din. That's how much they loved to be with us on the day. :) the most memorable part is when I'm asking each of them to be a part of the entourage. Mas excited pa sila kaysa sakin. :)

Nice sis belle_v2g! Oh di ba mas magaan ang pakiramdam pag sila mismo nagprisinta?

I remember kasi un isang HS guy friend ko na naging part ng entou. The bride asked him to just pay for his suit. Siyempre di na si nakatanggi. Then came the big day, and it turned out that the suit the groomsmen wore are the same as the catering staff. Sabi tuloy  ng friend ko ibebenta na lang niya un suit.

I was asked to be a bridesmaid before. The bride says to just rent a gown that matches their motiff. That's fine with me. Kaso pati hmua ako pa maghahanap. I turned down her offer. Sinabi ko na lang na mahihirapan ako maghanap ng make-up artist and bawi na lang ako sa gift ko sa kanya.


belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #192 on: February 26, 2015, 08:02:43 pm »
Oo naman sis moizzzelle. One of our ninong sa sobrang excited nya napabili sya ng bagong ride. (Sabi ko nga, ill use it as bridal car na lang Haha! ) Our ninangs naman they have their own designers. Di ko alam pero nakaka overwhelm yung excitement na pinapakita nila. Siguro if may finorce ako sa wedding, yun yung lechon from my mom. Hahahah!

sakura30

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #193 on: February 26, 2015, 08:02:45 pm »
Sis caleice, if I were your bridesmaid syempre matutuwa ako na libre pati make up. Pero I think okay lang din kahit di mo na sagutin ang make-up lalo na pag okay naman sila marunong naman sila. In our case, magsusuggest lang ako at hindi mahal ang suggestion ko ah- 500 lang. Pero it's an option for them. Yung entou ko naman kase magaling magmake up sa sarili nila. For me lang weddings are like ceremonial parties like prom. Pag aatend ka, mageefort ka dapat maging presentable. Kung prom nga ginagastusan eto pa kayang wedding ng isang close friend. Yun lang.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #194 on: February 26, 2015, 08:29:00 pm »
Hahaha! Sis, if they asked you to pay for your designer bridesmaid gown edi hindi na sila naiiba dun sa bride na naningil ng 10k  per entourage. Or kung mas expensive then dapat lang na shoulder nila. Anyway, sorry I'm not familiar with the designers you mentioned coz we are not the type who look at what other people wear. And lalo nang I can't make my ento wear sexy dresses dahil matetechnical kami don. (Im married to a Pastor's son). My friends are simple lang din.. walang arte and reklamo. We chose the simplest bridesmaid dress they could wear. Maiiba lang my MOH coz my designer is also her designer. :)

moizzzelle

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #195 on: February 26, 2015, 08:32:56 pm »
Oo naman sis moizzzelle. One of our ninong sa sobrang excited nya napabili sya ng bagong ride. (Sabi ko nga, ill use it as bridal car na lang Haha! ) Our ninangs naman they have their own designers. Di ko alam pero nakaka overwhelm yung excitement na pinapakita nila. Siguro if may finorce ako sa wedding, yun yung lechon from my mom. Hahahah!

Wow! Nakakatuwa naman! Na-excite din naman tuloy ako para sa wedding mo sis.  ^__________^

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #196 on: February 26, 2015, 08:36:14 pm »
I'm getting excited too sis coz 3 months na lang :)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #197 on: February 26, 2015, 09:07:10 pm »
^sis caleeice just sharing in case it helps you, I'm paying for not just my entourage's gowns but also their HMUA and I'm providing them rooms for 2 nights. I went the extra mile because tagaytay wedding ako and I didn't want them to have a hard time researching for a local HMUA or salon. Yung rooms naman because surely traffic on my wedding day so i also want them to not be stressed na late na sila. :)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #198 on: February 26, 2015, 09:34:14 pm »
caleeice, I think it's okay not to shoulder it as long as you're not requiring them to have it done by a stylist of your choice -- that way they have some control over the cost. (A friend of mine did this, a couple of the bridesmaids chose to use her HMUA; the ones who didn't want to pay as much were able to choose a different salon or do their own.)

That said, I don't consider it "spoiling" the entourage if you do pay for it -- it's an expense they wouldn't have if it wasn't for my wedding, so I feel like if I really want it then I should pay for it.

Sis, I didn't require them to have it done by my HMUA, but I told them na sana they go to the hotel for pictorial. Then I asked them whether 1) they'll bring their own HMUA to hotel or 2) we'll look for HMUA and have HMUA go to the hotel or 3) have their makeup done elsewhere but be at the hotel at a certain time.

My fiancĂ©'s mum knows HMUA for around 800/head, but I don't know if okay ba yun. My HMUA 1,200-1,500/head. If I ask my entou to pay, reasonable naman ang 800-1500 hindi ba? Haha, sorry dahil sa usapang 10k entou gown, I got really conscious and worried at the same time!  ;D

^sis caleeice just sharing in case it helps you, I'm paying for not just my entourage's gowns but also their HMUA and I'm providing them rooms for 2 nights. I went the extra mile because tagaytay wedding ako and I didn't want them to have a hard time researching for a local HMUA or salon. Yung rooms naman because surely traffic on my wedding day so i also want them to not be stressed na late na sila. :)

Actually sis, I think it was because of your post that's why I discussed with the fiancé. Haha! ;D Difference with us lang is that destination wedding ka, kami within the metro lang. Our hotel is near their homes. Yun nga lang, I feel a bit dyahe to ask for them to pay because I asked them to go the hotel. Although I gave them a choice naman.

^sis caleeice. ok lang both or choose one na lang. Ako naman I chose to pay for the make up kasi para maachieve yung desired look. I saw a group of entourage here na terno lahat..super gandang tignan :) my entourage will pay for their gowns.. and mura lang the gowns, not 10k hahahaha! --although we have to pay for the others like pamangkins kase no work pa..

Oh, gets sis! Ako naman no uniform look naman except for the wreath that they'll be wearing! Hahahaha! I know that some may not like it, pero I really want! Wahahaha

blackgreen

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #199 on: February 26, 2015, 09:42:47 pm »
^sis nung nag bridesmaid ako nung 2012 1,500 yun rate nung HMUA nung friend ko dun na rin ako nagpagawa kasi ayoko naman pumunta sa hotel ng nakaayos na mas hassle sa transpo. Early this year naman 1,000 yun HMUA nung nagbridesmaid ako ulit. So based on experience ganyan siguro naglalaro yun rates :) when I asked my HMUA in Baguio for entourage makeup 800 naman rate niya.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close