watch now

Author Topic: Rate the Last Book That You Have Read (Thread 10)  (Read 70400 times)

MisCalculus

  • Guest
Re: Rate the Last Book That You Have Read (Thread 10)
« Reply #280 on: June 12, 2015, 08:49:29 am »
^super nice talaga nyang The Deal, wala akong makitang mali sa story; no insta-love/lust gaya ng ibang NA novel dyan. In fact i've been looking for something na gaya ng the deal kaso wala ko mahanap pa  :(

Miss Taken

  • Guest
Re: Rate the Last Book That You Have Read (Thread 10)
« Reply #281 on: June 12, 2015, 10:36:02 pm »
Pines - Blake Crouch  :) :) :) :) :)

It's been a while since I last read a sci-fi/mystery novel and I'm glad my bf told me about this new series Wayward Pines which is based on this book. Pines is the first installment in the Wayward Pines trilogy. I love the plot and the creepy feeling I got when the author was describing this town. Definitely worth reading especially if you're into X-Files.

akosimaiatot

  • Guest
Re: Rate the Last Book That You Have Read (Thread 10)
« Reply #282 on: June 13, 2015, 02:31:25 am »
@MisCalculus sis if you're looking for another story like "the deal" try to read Cambria Hebert #hastags series like #nerd and #player..Romeo is somewhat like Garreth but in a diff way I can't explain but its a feel good and worthwhile read book :)

_gigles_

  • Guest
Re: Rate the Last Book That You Have Read (Thread 10)
« Reply #283 on: June 13, 2015, 08:56:49 am »
Manwhore - Katy Evans - :) :) :) :)

hisana

  • Guest
Re: Rate the Last Book That You Have Read (Thread 10)
« Reply #284 on: June 13, 2015, 10:12:02 pm »
Stories, All New Tales Edited by N. Gaiman and A. Sarrantonio -   :) :) :)  As usual with anthologies, may maganda at may not so maganda. There were about four or five that I really liked, and there were a few that seemed somewhat pointless, but all in all, I'm glad I bought the book.

Now I'd like to buy one of those crazy-bestselling books by Jojo Moyes but am not whether to get Me Before You or The Girl You Left Behind. Parang mas type ko yung story ng The Girl, but I think more people liked Me Before You, so...choices, choices.

_gigles_

  • Guest
Re: Rate the Last Book That You Have Read (Thread 10)
« Reply #285 on: June 14, 2015, 05:54:55 pm »
Black Keys - Rose B. Marshall - :) :) :) :) :)

Ang bitin ng book, but well worth it. I think this is one of the best book I've read for the year. Can't wait for the next book to come out.

starlitgrove

  • Guest
Re: Rate the Last Book That You Have Read (Thread 10)
« Reply #286 on: June 14, 2015, 06:28:29 pm »
China Rich Girlfriend - Kevin Kwan  :) :) :) :)

Quite difficult to top Crazy Rich Asians. But while China Rich Girlfriend does not top the first, it was still a riot to read. Auntie Ellie, Nick's mother, remains the funniest person to me. She is just hilarious with her antics and beliefs. I think Kevin Kwan probably enjoyed writing her because her character and voice seems to me to be fully fleshed out, compared with the rest.

The events with Rachel towards the latter part of the book bordered on bizarre, and frankly, felt like it was pulled out of air. And there were times when I felt like Rachel lost her voice, or was a bit out of character. Hopefully without spoiling anything, I wondered how Rachel could enjoy herself in Colette's world when the same world brought her a shitload of misery in the first books.

Still, it was a fun, fun read. Superficial but highly entertaining. I need more Astrid! If there's going to be a 3rd installment, I hope it would be a good balance of stories involving Astrid, Charlie, the misadventures of Kitty, and some Alistair.

gorgeous_me

  • Guest
Re: Rate the Last Book That You Have Read (Thread 10)
« Reply #287 on: June 14, 2015, 07:18:35 pm »
Moonlight on Nightingale Way (On Dublin Street, #6) by Samantha Young - :):):):)

lovely_carrot

  • Guest
Re: Rate the Last Book That You Have Read (Thread 10)
« Reply #288 on: June 15, 2015, 09:06:24 am »
Kulti by Mariana Zapata  :) :) :) :) :)

Pwede bang 6 smileys?! 😀

Oh my gosh, this book is really good, bihira lang ako magreview lately but when I do, its because zi really find it worth sharing.. I'm not a soccer fan, I didn't even pay attention to the blurb but when I started reading it last weekend, I couldn't put it down anymore, natapos ko sya in under 12 hrs.. It was a long read but I didn't mind at all.. Towards the end of the book andun na yung kilig, etc.. After reading It I had this silly grin on my face.. Its definitely going to be on my top books list for this year or maybe one of my all time fave

anmar

  • Guest
Re: Rate the Last Book That You Have Read (Thread 10)
« Reply #289 on: June 15, 2015, 12:41:52 pm »
Yes sis. Nice ang kulti. Mahaba lang. Yung kilig sa later part na talaga. Hehe. Twice ko ngang binasa eh!

MisCalculus

  • Guest
Re: Rate the Last Book That You Have Read (Thread 10)
« Reply #290 on: June 15, 2015, 01:36:00 pm »
@MisCalculus sis if you're looking for another story like "the deal" try to read Cambria Hebert #hastags series like #nerd and #player..Romeo is somewhat like Garreth but in a diff way I can't explain but its a feel good and worthwhile read book :)

Thanks for the recommendation sis. I will try to look / download the ebook.

:)

Miss Taken

  • Guest
Re: Rate the Last Book That You Have Read (Thread 10)
« Reply #291 on: June 16, 2015, 01:36:18 am »
Wayward by Blake Crouch  :) :) :) :) :)

Super duper love this thriller/sci-fi/mystery book! Ang galing ng stroryline and almost lahat ng characters ang ganda ng pagbuild up ni Mr. Crouch. Excited na kong matapos yung last book. Hindi ko talaga kayang hintayin yung next episode sa tv series adaptation haha!

cherrhys

  • Guest
Re: Rate the Last Book That You Have Read (Thread 10)
« Reply #292 on: June 16, 2015, 11:12:30 am »
AND THEN YOU  by: Amanda Richardson   :) :) :) :) :) 

I want to give this 10 smileys if I could!  This is a simple love story and yet so beautifully written.  There was just something about it that resonated with me.  There was no insta-lust nor insta-love in the typical romance books nowadays.  They didn't even kiss until about the middle of the book but you can feel all the emotions and the slow building love Evianna and Nick have for each other.  It's simply a feel good romanantic story with all the feels and kilig.  :)



lovely_carrot

  • Guest
Re: Rate the Last Book That You Have Read (Thread 10)
« Reply #293 on: June 18, 2015, 11:03:35 am »
The Law of Moses by Amy Harmon..  :) :) :) :) :)

As JLo would put it, this book gave me the gooseys.. Long read too pero worth it

Amy Harmon sure knows how to tell a story, and I like her second/support characters.. Basta iba lang sya. I'm moving onto her other book The Song of David. I'm quite lucky lately to be reading really good books, no book funk yet :)

geekchiq

  • Guest
Re: Rate the Last Book That You Have Read (Thread 10)
« Reply #294 on: June 18, 2015, 01:30:54 pm »
^The Song of David is really good sis, as in. She's really exceptional when it comes to storytelling and character development. Since it's the story of Tag, may point of view pa rin ni Moses. Amy Harmon is my favorite author. A Different Blue pa lang, love na love ko na siya.


lovely_carrot

  • Guest
Re: Rate the Last Book That You Have Read (Thread 10)
« Reply #295 on: June 18, 2015, 04:55:57 pm »
Ako naman sa Making faces, tapos I tried Running barefoot kaya lang it was dragging so I stopped. Yesterday ko lang nalaman that Josie was one of the characters in The Law of Moses, so here I am, reading it again..

I'm going to download A different blue sis, thanks sa reco.

Vika

  • Guest
Re: Rate the Last Book That You Have Read (Thread 10)
« Reply #296 on: June 21, 2015, 02:22:27 pm »
Grey by EL James  :) :) :)

manhattanite

  • Guest
Re: Rate the Last Book That You Have Read (Thread 10)
« Reply #297 on: June 22, 2015, 04:58:02 pm »
China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan -  :) :) :) :) :)

Sana tuloy tuloy lang ang books nya.  Super enjoy basahin. 

akosimaiatot

  • Guest
Re: Rate the Last Book That You Have Read (Thread 10)
« Reply #298 on: June 23, 2015, 04:29:37 am »
PUCKED by Helena Hunting  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Do you fancy hot nerdy ice-hockey player? Hilarious heroine with no brain-to-mouth filter? Crazy inappropriate mothers, LOL moments and banters? This novel has it all. the sex scene is always hilarious and Violet is deff the most silliest and funniest heroin ever and ALEX ohh my! I think I'm in-love with a fictional character haha ...I spent half of my time belly laughing at the preposterously fun dialogue and the other half eye rolling at the quirky relationship that came about. This was definite fun....I liked it...But I also cursed at it, a lot!

lovely_carrot

  • Guest
Re: Rate the Last Book That You Have Read (Thread 10)
« Reply #299 on: June 23, 2015, 12:42:22 pm »
^sis pahingi naman ng copy, its also on my to-read shelf 😀

Thank you.

irishjacobe@gmail.com

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close