Author Topic: Pre-nuptial pictorial Part 7  (Read 95100 times)

barbeecue

  • Guest
Re: Pre-nuptial pictorial Part 7
« Reply #240 on: July 08, 2015, 05:09:57 pm »
Yeah sissies diba it's pricey! I almost dropped the phone when they told me their cheapest rate hahaha! There are some hotels, like Thunderbird Hotel, who give you best rate for prenup shoots. They give it to you cheaper vs commercial rates with overnight stay and breakfast pa. Too bad nga lang, papalitan na namin layout namin to an indoor shoot within Metro Manila lang so hindi na namin sila ma-coconsider.

Thanks for the Coco Garden suggestion sis simang! :) I'll call them now

peachlipstick

  • Guest
Re: Pre-nuptial pictorial Part 7
« Reply #241 on: July 08, 2015, 07:37:26 pm »
Although I may be getting a pro photographer to do my prenup photos, I disagree that DIY-ing it is such a bad/cheap idea. One of the main reason why people DIY is the feeling of self-satisfaction that comes from accomplishing it (cutting costs is a plus). So there shouldn't be anything wrong with going about it that way.  Its their big day anyway.

I guess, to each his own.

Hi sis zaji731, I concur.

Though I am having thoughts of getting a stylist for our pre-nup, since I already have a vivid picture of how I want the prenup to look, I would also probably not hire one. In my opinion, getting professionals would be the way to go that is if you think you cannot accomplish what you want, if you need help due to creativity constraints, if you don't have the time to do the DIYs and/or if you have the budget (some of these stylists are pricey).

But for me, a high profile, elitist shoot is not what a requirement for your pre-nup to look great.
I may sound cheesy but I think a good pre-nup would reflect the laughter, the smile, the love and the passion of the couple who are about to tie the knot.


i agree with you! each couple should be free to express themselves however way they want - whether it's with a big styled prenup or just the 2 of them walking in the park. i really don't buy the whole "only a stylist can make your event beautiful" thing. a lot of weddings are styled just by the couple and their friends and these are just as beautiful and, dare i say, even more meaningful than professionally styled ones because you know each jar of home-made jam given away or each piece of decoration put up or even the dress worn by the bride was made with love and care. head over to offbeatbride.com or rusticweddingchic.com and you'll find all sorts of diy-ed engagement shoots and weddings that are awesome, too.

Hi sis 120515, I couldn't agree more! I think DIYs are better than some of the professionally done stuff in the wedding. Imagine the time and the effort put into every DIY item.

I saw your pre-nup pics pala, they were great!! You looked stunning :) I love the crop top and the big smiles :)

maukris

  • Guest
Re: Pre-nuptial pictorial Part 7
« Reply #242 on: July 08, 2015, 07:50:55 pm »
I inquired with Henry Hotel about their prenup rates and they're not cheap ha. Their rates start at 16k for an 8-hour shoot. The owners suite, the most expensive one, costs 24k.

Trie sis, its so expensive. Gusto ko din sana dyan before para walang out of town fee sa photog, kaso di ba ang expensive.
Anyway, i found na a new place, kaso out of town pa rin. May nakita ako sa laguna at cavite.

120515

  • Guest
Re: Pre-nuptial pictorial Part 7
« Reply #243 on: July 08, 2015, 08:01:15 pm »

But for me, a high profile, elitist shoot is not what a requirement for your pre-nup to look great.
I may sound cheesy but I think a good pre-nup would reflect the laughter, the smile, the love and the passion of the couple who are about to tie the knot.


Hi sis 120515, I couldn't agree more! I think DIYs are better than some of the professionally done stuff in the wedding. Imagine the time and the effort put into every DIY item.

I saw your pre-nup pics pala, they were great!! You looked stunning :) I love the crop top and the big smiles :)

thank you, peachlipstick! i've had that crop top for so long and was only able to wear it twice before our prenup :)

i agree with you as well...the prenups that i find myself loving are those really simple ones with just the couple and their love for each other just jumping out of the photos through their faces and body language ;D

imprincessfiona

  • Guest
Re: Pre-nuptial pictorial Part 7
« Reply #244 on: July 09, 2015, 07:30:15 am »
Good morning mga sis! I would like to share with you a link regarding prenup locations you can choose from.
https://randomlittlemusings.wordpress.com/2014/02/03/suggested-prenup-locations-venues-in-the-philippines/.
hope this helps mga sis!

bellagirl

  • Guest
Re: Pre-nuptial pictorial Part 7
« Reply #245 on: July 09, 2015, 07:45:41 am »
If you say so and if you can pull it off then good for you.. It doesn’t change the fact that most of the DIY shoots in the Philippines are so tacky. If you are creative and it won’t look too basurera then great, go for it! Keep in mind though that there’s nothing unique or special with buntings and banners neither with holding hand poses or picnic shots. Not everything you see online would look good on you and that’s where the professional input comes in. Your chopseuy –pinteresty ideas would look so trying hard to the point na wag mo na lang gawin kase ang panget at ang OA. Don’t forget yung mga pegs na nakikita nyo online are best suited for white brides or for 1st world countries. I don’t get why couples still do it. You can do away with it kesa naman ang panget at kalait lait yung prenup-prenupan nyo.. Most couples are doing it just because of the trend, gosh it won’t even be frame worthy ugh!

Juyjuy

  • Guest
Re: Pre-nuptial pictorial Part 7
« Reply #246 on: July 09, 2015, 07:46:11 am »
Nag inquire din ako sa Henry, ang mahal nga :(

ni-recommend ng photog ko Picasso Hotel or Heima Store. Check nyo din mga sis :)

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Pre-nuptial pictorial Part 7
« Reply #247 on: July 09, 2015, 09:00:23 am »
Thanks impressfiona for the tip :)

dcpdane

  • Guest
Re: Pre-nuptial pictorial Part 7
« Reply #248 on: July 09, 2015, 09:26:39 am »
ha?? may prenup fee sa henry hotel?? akala ko simpleng check-in lang for an overnight stay na nasa 3k-5k/night sa agoda website ang need gawin :( talaga kailangan bang ireveal na magpi-prenup pictorial dun? maygad yan pa naman din ang bet kong hotel para walang OOT fee. talo ata kami sa presyo nila...

rightback

  • Guest
Re: Pre-nuptial pictorial Part 7
« Reply #249 on: July 09, 2015, 12:05:01 pm »
sis i inquired din with Henry Hotel and they will charge that 16k up professional fee not just for prenup but also for wedding preps. They call it professional/commercial fee. I argued that its a wedding and its a personal event naman for us and not to be used in magazines but yup...fee still stands.

I haven't seen one of these around but would you consider doing a post nup instead of a pre nup shoot? I'm trying to decide. We can't push through with our original pre-nup concept and we were considering post nup so we can use our wedding attire once more and do it in the province instead.

dcpdane

  • Guest
Re: Pre-nuptial pictorial Part 7
« Reply #250 on: July 09, 2015, 12:13:39 pm »
ugh! capitalism! hay. true na personal naman yung prenup at wedding, di naman namin pagkakakitaan shoot dun. may bayad pa rin na OA amount. yan yung original concern ko sa thread na ito e, yung mga hotels and condotels ba iba presyo pag nalaman na may magaganap na prenup photoshoot sa rooms nila... akala ko wala... oh well.. kung 16k lang rin mag out of town na lang kami. no thanks.

120515

  • Guest
Re: Pre-nuptial pictorial Part 7
« Reply #251 on: July 09, 2015, 12:23:37 pm »
hi rightback, here's a postnup wherein the couple wore their wedding attire: https://www.facebook.com/Jpnoche/media_set?set=a.10206424866285039.1073742000.1370135825&type=3&pnref=story

this was taken a few weeks after their wedding.

hi dcpdane, i noticed in the philippines, they just charge for anything related to weddings. here in singapore, there are no additional charges for these things. i helped out in my flatmate's prenup a couple of years ago and we dropped by this really quaint cafe, they were allowed to shoot, the waiters just asked us to buy some drinks and they didn't even ask us to pay a minimum amount - just whatever we want. we also had our wedding in a hotel room and the hotel management didn't make us pay an additional fee on top of the overnight stay charge.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 12:27:55 pm by 120515 »

dcpdane

  • Guest
Re: Pre-nuptial pictorial Part 7
« Reply #252 on: July 09, 2015, 12:26:18 pm »
thanks sis for sharing.. will it be really bad of me to not tell them we're having a photoshoot inside the room? okay... i might be judged for it. or baka matakot photog ko to release the pics online. oh well...

simang

  • Guest
Re: Pre-nuptial pictorial Part 7
« Reply #253 on: July 09, 2015, 12:30:07 pm »
I haven't seen one of these around but would you consider doing a post nup instead of a pre nup shoot? I'm trying to decide. We can't push through with our original pre-nup concept and we were considering post nup so we can use our wedding attire once more and do it in the province instead.

when we showed one of our pegs sa photographer namin for prenup, he immediately agreed na medyo pang post-nup ang feel ng photos lol so he encouraged us to do that particular 'prenup' theme after the wedding instead. we will still do our prenup, and are really considering doing the post nuptial shoot as well... i read a blog before where they do a 'postnuptial' shoot every year on their anniversary.

barbeecue

  • Guest
Re: Pre-nuptial pictorial Part 7
« Reply #254 on: July 09, 2015, 12:34:32 pm »
Yeah i noticed din anything attached to a wedding is suddenly pricier vs other events. Hay. I encountered one hotel though na they give you an overnight stay with breakfast at a cheaper rate if you have your prenup done there vs their commercial rates. H2b and i were weirded out nga eh kasi we thought it was really nice of them; but if iisipin mo, added publicity for the venue if couples do a prenup there. Kasi when photogs or whomever else involved in the shoot post the pictures online, the venue is automatically tagged. It's added publicity. 16k for an 8 hour shoot is too much. Hanap nalang ng ibang venue. :)

rightback

  • Guest
Re: Pre-nuptial pictorial Part 7
« Reply #255 on: July 09, 2015, 12:35:30 pm »
sis baka if wala naman lights and extra equipment you can get away with it. pero not sure if its ok din with your photog.

I wanted Henry din since the whole place reminds me of my grandparents' house where I grew up so it was a nice touch sana to have my preps there. Heartbreak talaga when I find out. Super OA na ang wedding industry. Everyone just jacks up the prices--di talaga naiisip how much stress its causing plus turn off siya for other couples who wanted to get married--so some of them dont na lang.  I envy the wedding scenes in Singapore instead.

Thanks sis 120515. I'll check out the pics when I get home. Naka block kasi fb hehe. Although extra expense kasi ang post nup--airfare plus out of town fee ng photographer.

dcpdane

  • Guest
Re: Pre-nuptial pictorial Part 7
« Reply #256 on: July 09, 2015, 12:49:14 pm »
kaya nga my fiance is very irritated when learned about the yearly price increases ng mga suppliers. dapat daw may nagreregulate kasi yung iba naman they don't pay taxes at konti lang investments nila... oh well... ask ko photog ko if okay syang pumuslit but baka hindi. ayoko rin sya ipahamak. baka sya habulin pag release ng pics namin online...

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Pre-nuptial pictorial Part 7
« Reply #257 on: July 09, 2015, 01:29:48 pm »
We're supposed to have our prenup shoot this weekend, but the weather 😯 oh well.

By the way our prenup shoot logistics are all DIYs. Venue lang yata babayaran namin. Our videographers, photographers and make up artist are all friends na hindi nagpapabayad. They're not professionals but hobbyists. Our clothes won't be brand new. I don't see the need for us to hire a stylist. Nasa pagdadala lang yan. ☺

dcpdane

  • Guest
Re: Pre-nuptial pictorial Part 7
« Reply #258 on: July 09, 2015, 01:39:28 pm »
good for you sis juwie! :) ako rin magrerecycle ng clothes. pero definitely bibili ng shoes kasi wala akong matinong shoes hahaha! <3 pashare ng pics nyo ha. baka maging pro yung friends nyo dahil sa inyo, dapat may kumisyon kayo. lol! jk :)

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Pre-nuptial pictorial Part 7
« Reply #259 on: July 09, 2015, 02:14:03 pm »
Sis juwie, i had a purely DIY engagement shoot too. 2 different prenup sesh, 1 overseas and another in manila. The one we did here is what i call "overkill" coz i used all the props i could have. Name it all - bunting, picnic basket, fishing rod, holding hands, chalkboards and vintage picture frames haha!! :) the photographer is also a hobbyist.. But it was good coz i had the chance to bond with 3 girlfriends who became my stylists that day.  the e-sesh in manila is a minimalistic one, just gowns and no props at all--that's the one with gail bitoon. :)

Both prenup had good outputs, the most important thing is that we're happy and satisfied with all the effort we've put in it. I agree with 120515, it's all about the couple, emotions, and body language. So im pretty sure yours will be equally awesome. Praying for a good weather! :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close