Author Topic: Wedding Gowns in Divisoria PART 4  (Read 168882 times)

cheezums

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Gowns in Divisoria PART 4
« Reply #380 on: August 04, 2015, 11:30:16 am »
Just want to share my gown hunting story in 168 mall. It's awful and lovely at the same time.

Story time!
It was last year when I decided to look for a wedding gown, I was thinking na mas mura if last year ako makakakuha, kesa patagalin ko pa. I was engaged June last  year, I booked my gown mga Oct-Nov of last year (atat noh?). Hindi lang 168 mall yung hinanapan ko, I also went to Fiesta mall since ang dami may recommendation sa Princess Kiesha, but I ended up booking my gown sa isang shop in 168 mall (basement). At that time I didn't know what I exactly want in a gown. I thought kahit ano would be ok, as long as it is white. I prefer to buy a ready-made dress, since ayoko na ng 2nd guesses pa sa kakalabasan ng gown ko. Gusto ko makita na as is. I saw this gown display in that shop, and quite liked it, we asked the price and it is a lot cheaper than I expected. So I fit it, maluwag sya sakin so they offered na they will do a custom-made one for me sa size ko, but the exact design will be followed. Natawaran namin ng bongga kasi on the spot na kami nagbook.

Come first fitting, NOPE DID NOT LIKE IT AT ALL. I had the skirt design changed, so we had to add 2k sa price. I said okay sige. They will make a totally new gown for me.  I paid another deposit. So back to scratch yung gown.

2nd fitting: QUE HORROR! The fitting was awful. They kept saying: di pa naman po kasi yan tapos.  So I believed them. 3rd fitting: I knew I was not really happy. I knew I did not like that dress. Whenever I browse Pinterest for wedding gowns and all I see are elegant and beautiful (even the simple ones) dresses, I feel this sadness knowing that my gown was ugly. And knowing that with that price (or add na lang konti), I could have gotten a more beautiful dress that I'd like. 

I texted the staff from the shop the day after our 3rd fitting to tell her more of my comments. What I wanted was simple: to fit me well and follow the original design I approved/ booked. Nothing more.
Although I know deep inside I didn't like anymore the gown style / design, but there is nothing I can really do abt that at that point. Then the intervention happened, she called me and offered to just refund my full deposit. I felt a sudden gush of RELIEF! But a bit scared at the same time as I might be running out of time (4 months to go bef wedding). Nevertheless, I giddily accepted the offer and started Pinterest-ing more gowns. At this point, I just know exactly what I want!

I went to 168 immediately to look for a new gown, and to collect my refund from their shop. Until the last moment, the staff was nice to us and I would like to thank her for it.  I was praying I’d find a gown that I would love and would fit me at the same time bec I had no  time to have it custom-made, and I was a bit traumatized to go through that whole process again. 

The very first gown I saw when I arrived the the Bridal section of the mall, was what I ended up buying! (As they say, DO NOT BE AFRAID TO LIKE THE FIRST GOWN.) Of course, I did canvass and fit other gowns the entire day. But I went back to that first gown and fit it again and ended up buying it. Reasons? It’s simple, looks delicate, romantic, so flattering on me, and fits me like a glove!!! The fit was awesome! No bulges or wrinkles whatsoever. It’s a sweetheart neckline, all lace, serpentine cut strapless gown. The price was not far from THAT first gown.  We will have white small swarovksi  crystals added on the entire gown for the subtle shine / glisten effect; for the “shine bright like a diamond” effect my mom was looking for, her words.

No to poofy gowns, no to heavy beadings that may look cheap, no to cheap tulles, no to fancy but not classy. Fit should be perfect.  I did not spend too much on my dress, but it still looks so classy and elegant.
I know this time I love my gown.  I can imagine myself walking down the aisle on it, and partying the night away. No need for 2nd dress! It's THE gown, and I said YES to the dress!  ;D

Moral lessons of the story: do not be too much of an eager beaver, know what you want, do not settle if it doesn’t make you happy.  :D

Sorry it's too long, but I hope you picked up something from my experience. I just got lucky!   ;)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 11:39:02 am by cheezums »

gloryfy

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Gowns in Divisoria PART 4
« Reply #381 on: August 04, 2015, 07:20:11 pm »
^yung sa akin sis yannuh sa Marikina palengke (2nd floor) ko lang binili if I am not mistaken mga 250 yata yun silk robe sya na may parang nighties sa loob. Mahal nga sa La Tercera e once mo lang naman gagamitin. I-email ko sa'yo kung ano itsura nya mamayang gabi dito pa me office. Silip silip lang ako pag may time dito GT.

Hi sis looking for bridal robe Na Hindi masyadong mahal San banda Sa marikina yun mapuntahan nga :) my contact no. Ka? Pwede  patingin ng robe mo? glory_blue7@yahoo.com TIA

smile22

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Gowns in Divisoria PART 4
« Reply #382 on: August 04, 2015, 11:51:36 pm »
hi sis cheezum! congrats on finding your 'this is it' dress! :)

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Gowns in Divisoria PART 4
« Reply #383 on: August 05, 2015, 05:50:08 am »
can we see it sis cheezums? :p

cheezums

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Gowns in Divisoria PART 4
« Reply #384 on: August 05, 2015, 10:42:08 am »
can we see it sis cheezums? :p

Something like this: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/95490454576665687/
The simplicity and delicate & sexy look of this gown just got me head over heels.
Another choice was A-line na flowy, pero wala kasi masyado sa 168 ng ganun, super mahal na tela kasi pag ganun. More on petticoats kasi sa Divi (hello poofy!) o di kaya mermaid cut which does not suit me kasi I am not tall and medyo mahirap talaga gumalaw dun. Though I tried fitting a mermaid cut gown sa 6th floor ng 168 na may super gandang beading that looks sosyal, kaso maluwag sakin and the color is parang skin tone na mocha, not white, and sobra hirap umupo, lumakad, lahat, ayoko ng ganun naman.

This is serpentine cut, or some call it slim A-line.

I would just have to pin the "tail" sa may waist / belt on my back, and it's a new look plus it's party-ready, I can dance the night away na :) What I really really love abt it was it fits me so well talaga and nagkaron ako ng curve, it's flattering on me. Even my boobs looked  bigger, magic sya di ko ma-explain. Nasa cut and sukat talaga ng gown yun eh. Though if you follow my real cup size or measurement sa chest, I am sure di magiging ganun yung effect. I am just lucky na nakahanap ako ng nag-fit talaga sa akin wonderfully. No no na talaga ako sa custom-made sa Divi. Kung sa mga real coutures siguro ok lang, pero let's admit di coutures yung most of the bridal shops na nasa Divi area.

 Your gown should really suit your body type. iba iba kasi.
Good luck sa mga nag-huhunt pa!  :)

barcar12

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Gowns in Divisoria PART 4
« Reply #385 on: August 06, 2015, 09:21:53 am »
Hi sissies. Yung bridal gown ko doon ko din ipapatahi sa divisoria. Eugene Galvan yung name ng manager nila. Sa may 168 bridal section wing sila. Kinakabahan ako at baka palpak kagaya nung mga ibang stories nyo. Gosh!!!

gi_jane101112

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Gowns in Divisoria PART 4
« Reply #386 on: August 06, 2015, 10:35:14 am »
hi sisses! i had my first fitting last Tuesday at talaga namang okay na okay ang fit! napaka ayos kausap ng mananahi ko at nagawa talaga nila on time yung gown. :)
sa ylaya nga pala yung gumawa ng gown ko at hindi sa 168 mall kaya mas mura,,

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Gowns in Divisoria PART 4
« Reply #387 on: August 06, 2015, 10:52:38 am »
patingin sis!♥

xsugar

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Gowns in Divisoria PART 4
« Reply #388 on: August 07, 2015, 01:24:33 pm »
sis cheezums, ang ganda ng gown mo!..ako din rtw lang:)

cheezums

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Gowns in Divisoria PART 4
« Reply #389 on: August 07, 2015, 04:40:45 pm »
^ Thanks! Oo iwas hassle noh? Hehe.  ;)

shuttertraps

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Gowns in Divisoria PART 4
« Reply #390 on: August 08, 2015, 01:20:27 am »
Hi sis cheezums! How muh did you spend sa gown and which stall? Planning to go to 168 within the month :)

imprincessfiona

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Gowns in Divisoria PART 4
« Reply #391 on: August 08, 2015, 10:20:10 am »
Hi sis looking for bridal robe Na Hindi masyadong mahal San banda Sa marikina yun mapuntahan nga :) my contact no. Ka? Pwede  patingin ng robe mo? glory_blue7@yahoo.com TIA
^sis sa 2nd floor nag-ikot ikot lang ako. I don't know the name of the shop.

gi_jane101112

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Gowns in Divisoria PART 4
« Reply #392 on: August 08, 2015, 12:38:34 pm »
sis yannuh! pangit yung angle ng pagkuha ng picture eh..okay lang ba kung yung sa 2nd fitting na lang yung ipakita ko sa'yo? para andun na rin lahat ng detail ng gown.. :)

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Gowns in Divisoria PART 4
« Reply #393 on: August 08, 2015, 04:57:49 pm »
^sure sis! Patingin ha? Hihi

gi_jane101112

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Gowns in Divisoria PART 4
« Reply #394 on: August 08, 2015, 05:31:26 pm »
^^oo sis..:)

akane_xylene

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Gowns in Divisoria PART 4
« Reply #395 on: August 10, 2015, 08:49:35 pm »
Sa mga napunta na po sa Divi, may parang ganitong designs po ba doon:

http://greenweddingshoes.com/romantic-moroccan-bridal-inspiration/ ?

Yung halos parang evening dress lang ang peg. Something simple, light and yet maganda pa rin with elegance...

chiskeyk

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Gowns in Divisoria PART 4
« Reply #396 on: August 11, 2015, 12:58:47 pm »
^sis most of the gowns na nakadisplay sa divi are the poofy ones with beads and lace, better if print mo na lang peg mo and show it to stores na may closest version to your vision. But be cautious kasi madami horror stories na hindi nakuha yong peg at the end disappointed mga bride. goodluck s gown hunting.

Juyjuy

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Gowns in Divisoria PART 4
« Reply #397 on: August 18, 2015, 10:40:51 am »
nag scout ako sa Divi last sunday ng wedding gown, and sa iisang store lang ako may nagustuhan. yung sa The Twin Entourage. ang ganda ganda nung gown na nakita ko. parang same nung kay sis cheezums. lace lang siya and serpentine cut. 80% sure na ko dito. I'll be back probably this weekend. Pero Im having it customized since hindi kasya sakin  ;D and papalagyan ko siguro ng tulle for sleeves.


simang

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Gowns in Divisoria PART 4
« Reply #398 on: August 18, 2015, 11:28:47 am »
^sis JuyJuy nagustuhan ko din yan sa The Twin Entourage. Actually, sa SMX fair ko sila nakita last June then sabi ni Jean na sa 168 nga daw ang store nila. Super bet ko yung mga gown nila, and pwede nila palitan ng cheaper materials kung anong kasya sa budget mo. Meron din akong nagustuhan sa 168 yung Barbie something shop, pero medyo expensive na sya and di okay kausap yung may ari, medyo masungit and discriminating. Hehe.

Di ako sa divi nagpatahi ng dress ko, but I got mine sobrang inexpensive lang. Simple dress lang naman bet ko, walang beads or any intricate details. You may want to check my couturier din. Paul Manuel Collections on fb, his shop is in Sta Ana. Very nice kausap and accommodating. First fitting ko sa 2nd week pa ng September kasi di pa kami magtagpo ng schedule, but I'm pretty confident kayang kaya nya gawin ng maayos yung dress ko :)

Juyjuy

  • Guest
Re: Wedding Gowns in Divisoria PART 4
« Reply #399 on: August 18, 2015, 01:21:53 pm »
sis can you please show me a pic of your peg? i have this feeling na parehas tayo  ;D ang gusto ko lang din kasi is sobrang simple... as much as possible walang kung anong beads at flowy lang sana. How much bigay sayo sa gown mo? Yung sa twin entourage kasi is 18k. kung makakamura pa ko dun, the better  ;)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close