Author Topic: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 13  (Read 156943 times)

trissy0906

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 13
« Reply #160 on: December 08, 2014, 08:36:51 pm »
^^ Sis krstine01 pasend din ng rates ni val villarin :) TIA

xxIcePrincessxx

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 13
« Reply #161 on: December 08, 2014, 09:30:23 pm »
Sent you his quote samin. :)

thanks so much sis!

MissFemaleNetwork

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 13
« Reply #162 on: December 10, 2014, 11:14:04 pm »
Hi, 2015 Brides!

Sorry for posting this again but we still have slots remaining for the FREE MAC Technique workshop for Wedding GIRLTalkers on Saturday, Dec. 13. The announcement is pinned sa top ng Engagements and Weddings board.

If you are interested, please just reply to the thread and follow the mechanics.

Thanks!! :)

katgarciamakeup

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 13
« Reply #163 on: December 16, 2014, 11:36:38 am »
Ok ba si nadine? I checked her fb account "hair and makeup by nadine"

Yan kasi kinuha ng friend ko na hmua nya. Abay ako sa wedding and balak ko dun na rin sa kanya magpamakeup.

Kaso when i asked ano makeup gamit nya for traditional makeup, sabi nya RCMA daw and yung primer nya is quick FX primer from watsons.

I just wondered bakit parang cheap yung makeups na gamit nya..


Hi, I hope you don't mind, I don't know which are you pertaining to as cheap. I agree that primer from Watsons is cheap but the RCMA isn't. I also don't know what is expensive for you. Palettes of RCMA is around 4,200 and it can cover even the most difficult chismis in our face that is why pro MUAs use it. Professional brands are expensive and is not easily available and accessible in our local market. Sometimes it has to be sourced overseas. Though I've seen a few drugstore brands perform similar to a pro brand, i guess it was all about the application technique.  Again, I mean no harm.

honeybunny

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 13
« Reply #164 on: December 17, 2014, 02:33:08 am »
^i mean yung quick fx po. I was kind of expecting a MUA kasi to use urban decay or smash box or other more expensive brands.

I have tried kasi urban decay primer potion for under eyes and maganda talaga sya. Nagstay yung eyeshadow. Same goes for smashbox face primer.

I also bought that quick fx just to see how it works but it is not as good as smashbox's primer.

I guess i  am just gonna have them use my primer instead. Ayoko na kasi nagreretouch after. Blotting paper lang gusto ko.

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 13
« Reply #165 on: December 17, 2014, 12:35:01 pm »
^if you are very particular with makeup brands, then book the high end HMUAs. My makeup artist was Madge Landrito. She used Chanel, Urban Decay, Nars etc on me.

As with any other kind of services, you always get what you pay for.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 12:38:31 pm by vhanya »

trissy0906

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 13
« Reply #166 on: December 17, 2014, 02:01:27 pm »
Sisses, im not sure if this is off-topic… Is it advisable to have a diff HMUA for pre-nup shoot and wedding day mismo? Or better parin if same nalang?

vitug.annie

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 13
« Reply #167 on: December 17, 2014, 02:27:14 pm »
It's up to you sis. Other artists do not include prenup makeup on their package yata so the brides are forced to get makeup from other hmua which is cheaper than their official hmua.. for me, I think it's still best to get it from the person who's doing your bridal makeup so you'll know how she works and if you'll get along pretty well.

honeybunny

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 13
« Reply #168 on: December 18, 2014, 02:36:16 am »
^if you are very particular with makeup brands, then book the high end HMUAs. My makeup artist was Madge Landrito. She used Chanel, Urban Decay, Nars etc on me.

As with any other kind of services, you always get what you pay for.

yep, i know that. like i said in my previous post, yung bride ang nagbook dun sa MUA, if it's my wedding syempre i would look for a better MUA kaso it's not my wedding naman ;D

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 13
« Reply #169 on: December 18, 2014, 10:10:56 am »
^ oh I thought you want to book her on your wedding too. Anyway, why not get a diff hmua instead? Try Jing Monis or Lourd Ramos salons

carlee

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 13
« Reply #170 on: December 18, 2014, 11:40:43 pm »
hello mga sis, affordable po ba Mariah.. ganda kasi ng mga gawa nia :) sana ma afford ko :)

bluberry00

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 13
« Reply #171 on: December 21, 2014, 12:26:31 pm »
Do you have any feedback about Jackie Flores of Majica? Had a trial with her sa wedding fair and okay naman. She was able to deliver what I wanted which is natural look lang. I just want to know how it is working with her.

I also really like Eds Go based on her portfolio. Nakachat ko na siya sa fb pero kelangan pa iconvince si h2b kasi she's over the budget we set for hmua.

to answer your question about feedbacks regarding JACKIE FLORES of MAJICA. Here's the latest negative feedback about her attitude. http://jsantiago04.blogspot.com/


DONT GET: JACKIE FLORES OF MAJICA
 *If you can guarantee that you won't be stressed during your wedding preps in the morning and if you're sure that you're the type who won't smile and greet your guests when they enter your suite - then go ahead and get her. I think a wedding HMUA should know how to handle stress and not go head to head with a bride on tantrums!!!! More on she shouldnt badmouth the client in front of her vendors, friends and family. If madali matransfer ang stress sayo then, don't be a wedding makeup artist! Just do models... sila yung sanay na di gumalaw pag minmakeupan!!!

Please read the whole story in that blog.

I too, got a horrible experience as a bride with regards on her attitude. so beware!


sophiehotness

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 13
« Reply #172 on: December 22, 2014, 08:00:43 am »
^^sis carlee medyo pricey si Mariah, if you want the same caliber as Mariah check mo si Ms Nini Marquez. May other hmuas na nirerecommend din other sis natin dito, back read ka onte sis

kisses1417

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 13
« Reply #173 on: December 23, 2014, 07:51:59 am »
@carlee: 20k si mariah plus 2 brides last july. Alam ko nagprice increase sya ulit

vitug.annie

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 13
« Reply #174 on: December 23, 2014, 09:54:34 am »
Nag inquire ako sis sometime in October,  nasa 30k plus na sya.

peachlipstick

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 13
« Reply #175 on: December 23, 2014, 05:57:36 pm »
sis carlee , you may also want to check the HMUA I'm meeting this January. Makeup by Jat. Sa pagkakaalam ko 1000 + transpo fee lang ang trial make-up niya :) Happy preps!

rienny25

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 13
« Reply #176 on: December 24, 2014, 05:24:21 am »
Nagmahal na nga si Mariah... When I booked him in June, asa 25k yung pinakamahal niyang package.

vitug.annie

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 13
« Reply #177 on: December 24, 2014, 08:44:47 am »
^sis rienny.. true sis. Nagtry ako mag inquire sa kanya para may idea lang ako.. (kasi booked na hmua ko that time) nagtaas  nga sya.. ano included sa 25k na package sis?

kisses1417

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 13
« Reply #178 on: December 24, 2014, 10:52:56 am »
^vitug.annie: yup last time 20 k basic package tapos pinakamahal yung 25k. Bride plus 6 heads yata or 7. I forgot na. Mahal grabe 30k plus na sya

peachlipstick

  • Guest
Re: Hair and Makeup on Your Wedding Day Part 13
« Reply #179 on: December 24, 2014, 11:48:40 am »
sis kisses1417, that's 10k more than other HMUA's rates. 10k na pwede pang gastusin in other things. Sabi din kasi ni h2b, makakahanap ka ng magaling at a reasonable rate since after the event ihihilamos mo lang din naman. Although it pays to have an excellent HMUA since magiging evident sa pictures and videos but I would still want the person in the pictures and videos still look like just a glowing person than I usually do. :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close