watch now

Author Topic: All about Baby shower  (Read 12225 times)

simang

  • Guest
Re: All about Baby shower
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2016, 03:38:51 pm »
My husband insists on having a baby shower. Sa akin kasi parang ayaw ko. Sa barkada ko nung college, 2 kaming buntis, 6 wks apart lang. Sa HS friends ko naman, 3 kami, and almost 1 and 2 months apart lang. Kung magshower kami lahat, parang OA naman haha since halos magkakasabay lang kami.

^sis fionaapple, yun din suggestion ng husband ko, since lilipat kami ng feb, sabi nya sa house na lang yung baby shower and parang house warming na din. Magastos din no? Hehe. Kaya iniisip ko pa din if i want one. Sabi ng sister ko, advantage daw ng may shower talaga are the gifts. hehe. Kaso naisip ko naman mas gusto ko pa din kung kami pipili ng mga gamit ni baby, lalo na first namin.

caterpillar-girl

  • Guest
Re: All about Baby shower
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2016, 04:26:25 pm »
I always thought baby showers are something your friends or family throw for you. Sort of like a bachelorette party or bridal shower. Haha. So mejo dyahe kami to host one ourselves. But we've been to a shower na hosted by the couple. May catering, games, giveaways. They had a baby registry from Rustan's too. Not sure how I feel about a baby registry, parang asking for gifts? But no offense meant to anyone. It's different for every parent/couple. I personally don't mind attending baby showers with baby registries, pero yun lang I wouldn't do it myself.

Luckily, my friends hosted a very simple baby shower for me. We were only fewer than 10 people then. Lunch lang in a resto. They reserved the place, prepared a few fun games and they gave me a small basket of baby clothe and toiletries. Yun na. Very intimate, very simple, but I appreciated it. They wrote messages for the baby which I also loved.

I think ok naman ipagsabay sabay baby shower and house blessing/house warming. That's what my friend did, pero binyag/house blessing naman sa kanya. They gathered all their friends, iba ibang groups, for one major party.  It turned out well naman. Mejo napagastos pa rin sila since they had to provide catering and some decors, pero hindi naman siguro ganun kamahal.

We had a mini gender reveal party during our family Christmas get together. Our relatives had to choose kung boy or girl yung baby (we kept it a secret talaga for almost three months) and 'winners' or those who guessed the gender correctly, get a prize, and from the winners may grand prize winner pa. Haha. Pakulo lang pero masaya naman for all of us :)

jeune

  • Guest
Re: All about Baby shower
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2016, 05:04:58 pm »
I will have 2 upcoming baby showers, 1 from hubby's work (Americans) and 1 from Pinoy friends. I am personally ok not having one but hubby wants me to experience it since I used to throw baby shower for my friends when they were still here (all my friends got pregnant ;D)

^
I'm with you about baby registry, I don't want to create one but our friends are asking about it so i told my husband to do it ;D We didn't put a lot on it since we are almost complete with everything.



fionaapple

  • Guest
Re: All about Baby shower
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2016, 08:16:43 am »
I always thought baby showers are something your friends or family throw for you. Sort of like a bachelorette party or bridal shower. Haha. So mejo dyahe kami to host one ourselves. But we've been to a shower na hosted by the couple. May catering, games, giveaways. They had a baby registry from Rustan's too. Not sure how I feel about a baby registry, parang asking for gifts? But no offense meant to anyone. It's different for every parent/couple. I personally don't mind attending baby showers with baby registries, pero yun lang I wouldn't do it myself.

Ganun din ang understanding ko about baby showers. Kaya nga hesitant ako to do it. I think my husband felt that my friends are insisting that he organize my baby shower because my friend's husband organized hers last December. If I would ever have one, I would prefer not to have a registry also.

Di ko naman talaga gusto mag hold ng baby shower, marami lang akong friends na tanong nang tanong about it. Tama yung sinabi sa isang previous post (would require backreading), na our friends probably do not know the essence of having a baby shower.

pandoralover

  • Guest
Re: All about Baby shower
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2016, 06:28:21 pm »
Same sentiment ako with most of you mommies here.

Nahihiya rin ako to throw a baby shower, but my hubby is insisting na we throw one kasi may mga friends and family kami talaga na excited to "shower" our baby boy with gifts. So with the help of my best friends and in-laws, my hubby is throwing a gathering at his house lang (in QC so very accessible sa lahat) but with catering, games, and all. I honestly feel na it's too much, and more than 50 guests ang invited so baka maoverwhelm ako, pero siguro once I'm there na, I'll feel excited na rin!

Mommychinita18

  • Guest
Re: All about Baby shower
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2016, 10:14:29 am »
Ako naman I really want to organize my own baby shower kasi medyo OC ako. Gusto ko perfect lahat for my first baby at masunod lahat ng gusto ko sa theme kaya magpapatulong nalang ako sa friends ko mag decorate. :)

nestea_dell

  • Guest
Re: All about Baby shower
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2016, 10:41:08 am »
Ask ko lang if ok lang ba na instead of gift, monetary ang iask sa mga guests? i attended baby shower recently and the mom to be ask for money. I was uncomfortable for her nung una pero nainitidihan ko na rin later on kasi sa pinas province manganganak so kung gifts marami pang dalahin. What do you think?

simang

  • Guest
Re: All about Baby shower
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2016, 02:22:56 pm »
^kung may ganung reason and it's understandable.. But in most cases dapat yata gamit kay baby. It's helpful din to have a registry para hindi pare parehS ang mga gifts

pandoralover

  • Guest
Re: All about Baby shower
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2016, 05:06:19 pm »
^For me, okay lang naman ang monetary gift within reason. I have a friend who had a big baby shower tapos monetary ang hiningi niya na gift since she's carrying twins, and CS siya due to high-risk pregnancy. I have another friend naman na she opted talaga for gifts kasi by the time we planned her shower, wala pa siyang nabibili.

I agree, sobrang helpful ng gift registry dito. I'm gonna have my baby shower on Saturday (Jan 23) and we registered about a month ago sa Mothercare, and people are complementing my hubby (kasi I'm not directly involved sa baby shower) on how helpful the salespeople are sa mothercare. :P SM and Rustans offer shower registry din.

[-c-h-a-]

  • Guest
Re: All about Baby shower
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2016, 05:25:44 pm »
I had a baby shower too but masyado maraming ininvite in-laws ko... they hosted kasi so no choice ako. Ayoko pa naman maisip ng mga tao na we invited a lot of people for the gifts!

We had a baby registry too pero promise, majority of stuff we scanned were just big, jumbo boxes of nappies and wipes ;D we all went crazy shopping for her stuff kasi unang apo both sides, girl pa. So talagang naubos na pwdeng iregalo samin. And I only really wanted nappies and wipes. Grabe 5 months before naubos lahat yun ;D sooo good!

coco_cola

  • Guest
Re: All about Baby shower
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2016, 07:09:06 pm »
When is the ideal time to hold a baby shower? :)

duhyan

  • Guest
Re: All about Baby shower
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2016, 03:16:55 pm »
Pansin ko most husbands wants to have a baby shower, hubby ko din kasi.

Kaya we're planning to have one on my birthday since lagi naman ako naghahanda tuwing may birthday. Hehe sa bahay lang namin. Simple celebration with family and friends. Closests friends lang invited para somehow hindi ganun kadami ang tao and gastos hehe

fionaapple

  • Guest
Re: All about Baby shower
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2016, 04:21:12 pm »
^ganyan din plano namin gawin. malapit na kasi kami lumipat sa townhouse namin. so isasabay na lang sa house warming.. nag sabi na kasi yung isang highschool friend ko sa husband ko, na gusto niya tumulong magorganize ng baby shower...simple celebration lang din. yung husband ko alam ko excited din siya.

pandoralover

  • Guest
Re: All about Baby shower
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2016, 08:20:21 pm »
When is the ideal time to hold a baby shower? :)

Most of the baby showers that I've attended/seen, the mommies are at least 28-30 weeks preggy na, para sobrang minimal na ng chances of miscarriages and all. :)

fionaapple

  • Guest
Re: All about Baby shower
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2016, 10:57:49 am »
^had a blast last saturday night.:) sinurprise ako ng mga kaibigan ko at ng husband ko sa house with the cooperation of my mom. Di ko akalain na after ako yayain ng mom ko magbonding sa mall, biglang may naghihintay palang surprise party for me sa bahay.:)

simpleng potcluck party lang but my friends decorated our house. Art ang theme ng party kasi i am into painting. one of my friends, who share the same musical preference, compiled my favorite songs from the Smiths etc. Another friend baked cupcakes and other goodies for a mini dessert buffet. tapos may pansit, grilled tuna, roasted chicken, chocolate cake kwento kwento lang about my baby, what I plan to name her, and pano nila pinlano yung surprise. wala naman formal program. wala rin kaming registry because I have told my husband already that I do not want to host my own party because I do not want my friends and relatives to think that I am asking for gifts.

i've ticked most of the items in my baby needs checklist even before the baby shower pero happy pa rin kasi marami ako nareceive na clothes, buti na lang di ako bumili ng maraming damit.

i received organic baby wipes, cloth diapers, inserts, frogsuits, a zebra plush toy from my mom (may study kasi that black, white and red patterns and color combinations help newborns develop their eyesight and intelligence faster), Aveeno baby wash and lotion, mittens and bonnets and even some preloved hand me down clothing from their little girls (which I really appreciate).

May nagregalo din ng Next9 nursing cover and a baby bath net--pareho na akong meron nito. I already bought a bath net nung baby fair--so i am thinking of selling the other one. I have 2 Next9 nursing covers already---tapos meron pa ngayon gift--ok lang siguro to have 3.:)

Until now, ecstatic pa rin ako because of my surprise baby shower.:)

Ireneeeeee

  • Guest
Re: All about Baby shower
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2016, 11:45:54 am »
officemates ko naman are planning to hold a baby shower for me. They asked kung kailan kami avail ni hubby and yun kulang pang baby stuff so they include sa wishlist. with the Family naman tapos na last holiday season. Nahihiya nga ako parang birthday ko lang ang daming gifts for baby pero super grateful naman kasi I can feel their happiness and excitement too for the arrival of my little siomai. :) Ako I cannot afford siguro to hold a baby shower medyo kailangan kasi ng money for baby and nahihiya rin ako hehe..

pandoralover

  • Guest
Re: All about Baby shower
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2016, 11:52:37 am »
@fionaapple  Awww that's so nice! Sobrang nakakatuwa naman ang friends and family mo dahil pinlan talaga nila for you <3 Oo ako rin hanggang ngayon, super natutuwa ako pag nakikita ko yung gifts from our baby shower. :) We received a lot of things from our registry din kaya after nung baby shower, we're good to go na talaga kasi nacomplete na ang baby essentials hehe :)

@Ireneeeee deserve mo yang baby shower, Mommy! Super happy lang ng friends mo for you ang essence talaga ng baby shower is,well, to shower your precious one with gifts! :) Go with the flow lang, super exciting niyan! :)

phibz

  • Guest
Re: All about Baby shower
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2016, 05:03:21 am »
I wish I can have a baby shower kaso hindi uso dito sa Denmark tapos kakalipat lang din namin ng bansa at wala pa talaga akong masyadong friends. Yong family naman ng asawa ko e 3 hrs drive pa kaya nahihirapan din sila.

Hanggang inggit na lang ako. Kahit gustuhin ko man parang hindi pwede. Sa susunod na lang, ipagdasal ko talaga may sunod after 2 yrs.

Jasmine

  • Guest
Re: All about Baby shower
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2016, 05:54:04 pm »
Merong etiquette with this sort of thing, na you don't host your own baby shower. It is considered inappropriate to host your own........ although well, sa panahon ngayon ng pagiging practical, hindi naman siguro issue yan sa madami. Pero some will still take offense kasi strictly speaking ill-mannered to host your own shower.

Nabasa kong tip sa google pag mukhang walang maghohost for you tapos anong petsa na, bulungan mo na best friend mo, chip in ka naman sa giveaways or something :) Discreetly help arrange it pero di yung overt na ikaw talaga maghohost. Kahit family maghost medyo may pagka off pa din - in the original concept of baby showers and showers in general (bridal).

Mommychinita18

  • Guest
Re: All about Baby shower
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2016, 02:21:25 pm »
I will host my own baby shower this coming April. I like it that way para hindi na gumastos pa ang friends ko sa food and venue. We will celebrate it in a hotel room, okay lang din kung wala silang dala na goodies, ang importante sakin ay magkasama sama kami ng friends ko and family in welcoming our baby girl. Medyo nawalan kasi ako ng time sa friends ko during my pregnancy kasi lagi masama pakiramdam ko o kaya nasa work ako.  ♥ Super excited and a bit OC din ako kaya gusto ko hands on ako sa pag ayos. :) ♥

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close