Author Topic: First Job in US  (Read 6834 times)

amandaelaine

Re: First Job in US
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2014, 10:36:43 pm »
medical field nga sis ang madami dito. Sis masaya dyan sa sandiego [textspeak!]. Nakapunta din ako dyan. Dito sa Virginia malungkot tlaga at wala mapasyalan. Mayron kya mga tiga Virginia dito?

shopaholic18

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2014, 04:28:23 pm »
may nga friends ako na taga ibang state din pero madalas pumupunta dito sa California kasi daming mapaoasyalan dito at sa weather nadin. siguro meron ding mga taga Virginia dito bihira lang mag online kasi yung thread na to di masyadong trending.

honeybunny

• i'm a super dooper, mega, hyper
  • Super GirlTalker
  • hahaha
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2016, 01:54:59 pm »
Hi sis. Are u close to Anaheim CA? Might visit there one of these days... Meron bang taga Missouri dito?
i don't need education, i need inspiration.
                   if i was just educated, i'd be a damn fool.

*whoever said money can't buy happiness didn't know where to go shopping

shopaholic18

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2016, 11:26:22 am »
^sorry busy sa work, late tuloy reply. i live in San Diego, Anaheim is 1hr away.

cha-cha

• Full time mommy! and a
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2017, 03:41:41 am »
hi shopaholic18! do you live in SD? which part? I live in Oceanside

shopaholic18

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2017, 02:48:18 pm »
^i'm from Rancho Bernardo, 4s Ranch

cha-cha

• Full time mommy! and a
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2017, 11:58:08 pm »
^ lapit ka lang pala.
Matagal ka na ba dito.

Para di off topic, I moved here 2009. I was a Quality Engr sa Pinas in a manufacturing industry. hindi namn ako naging picky sa work kasi alam kong I am in a different country. So I wasn't really expecting anything big or align sa field ko. I was a bit lucky I had my first job in a Manufacturing industry, as a Quality Inspector. Altho di ganun kataas ang position, but with experience, I was offered above the minimum wage. Back then it was $8/hr ang minimum wage sa CA. I was offered more than that. Anyway, fast forward to today, my job title now is a Quality Analyst in a diff company, this is my 3rd job na. Although I am still hoping to be a Quality Engr eventually, but for now, I am ok with how much i am making. although always looking for new opportunities to move up.

jhez

• Junior GirlTalker
  • .....HaPpY GuRL... HaPpiLY mArRiEd...
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2017, 11:30:48 am »
Yun last post pala, para sa husband ko pa. It's my turn....

Dumating ako sa US 2015, first job ko sa Macy's admin asst. Mababa sahod bago seasonal pa. Pero grab lang kasi swerte na daw ako in 2months nakakuha ako work. After a month nagapply ako as Operations Assistant. After a year, apply ulit ako balik sa Admin assistant. Ok na ako. 2nd level Admin.

Administrative talaga experience ko kaya swerte nakapasok ako sa current company ko. Na nagfit yun experience ko sa pinas. Plus di mahirap na work, pure deskjob. Advantage din eh 1mile away from home at school anak ko. Kaya sobra swerte ko na rin sa work.

Natakot din ako nun una na baka kung saan saan ako bumagsak. Pero tyagaan lang. Makukuha mo line of business na gusto mo.
"When you come to another bridge in your life to cross, move on. Looking back, it's just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book. Just turn the pages."

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

• Super GirlTalker
  • Live and let live. Love and let love.
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2017, 04:39:20 pm »
Hello everyone, I have some relatives in the US and I actually have a (half) Sister in the US (Seattle) thing is medyo malabo sya magapply for Citizenship since divorced na sya so tagilid yung financial capabilities nya iprove na deserving sya for Citizenship, and upon checking sya lang talaga pwede sakin magpetition, hinde pwede pamangkin ko, cousins, aunt and uncles.

My husband and I are here in Qatar, stable naman, pero we are looking into the possibility of migrating to Canada or US, US sana since madami ako relatives, question ko is possible ba kami ma-hire kung Tourist visa lang gamit namin and maitransfer into a working visa eventually? I know it's illegal pero parang possible, sorry kung OT. Pero may 1 Bro kasi nagpost na dumalaw lang sya dyan and then nagapply tapos na-hire naman. Thanks sa magrerespond.

TysLolakins

• one half of Ty's 'PoPs and WoWa' act...
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • bite me!!!
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2017, 03:11:09 am »
^i don't think you need to provide proof of financial status/stability/capability to acquire US citizenship, at least not during the time i had mine (80s) and still not required (I just checked).   good moral character (meaning you haven't committed any crimes, hahaha) and proof of continuous legal permanent residency and of course application fee  to start.  then answer questions about US govt, history and constitution during the interview and show some semblance of English literacy lang,  can speak/read/write simple English words/phrases. 

maybe you are talking about when the time comes for your sister to file a petition for you,  then she'll have to provide an affidavit of support and her W2 with the petition.  W2 shows your earnings for a given year.  not sure how strict the INS is when it comes to proof of financial capability of the petitioner.  they just want to make sure that she can support you when you come here and not be a burden of the US government.  yun lang yon.
and family petitions between siblings take decades now to process due to the volume and set quota of the host country.   immediate family (spouse and under 21 children) petitions  of a US citizen are not that long, still a few years wait , unlike before where within months lang. 

i think it's a lot harder now to find legit work from a tourist visa.  with the advent of technology,  databases of personal info can be easily accessed and checked for validity of docs.  companies/employer always ask for proof that you are authorized to work here.  the only job that i know of that pinoys do for lack of work permit/auth is 'mag alaga ng matatanda'.  and this depends on the people/family, some may not agree to deal with under the table transactions.  and if not under the table,  then you'll have to pay taxes,  to pay taxes you'll have to obtain a social security number.

anyway,  i'm not trying to discourage you,  i'm just stating what i personally know about family based petition/immigration.  i'm sure there are other types of visa available like business,  special ability,  student, employer based.   

for me, in your case, the fastest way to get here is to divorce your husband and marry a US citizen, LOL.  but you still have to show that it's not a fraudulent arrangement,  if it is and you get caught, that's jail time.

i know it's hard,  there's no easy or quick way to come live and work here legally.  if there is,  most probably it's a scam that will cost a lot of money.

now i'm curious what type of work your brother got that didn't ask for docs.
aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2017, 07:54:57 pm »
TysLolakins thank you so much for your response, very informative I appreciate it. I meant there's someone here in GT (guy hence "Bro") who mentioned that he just visited his relatives in the US without any plans of relocation/migration at fist but convinced by his said relatives and was able to land a decent job there using a tourist visa.

I understand everything that you said, believe it or not, I've made tons of research already hinde lang sa US, pati Canada, Australia, NZ haha, and I am aware gaano kahirap to immigrate moreso to land a job using a tourist visa, hehe nagbabakasali lang may ibang side of the story na marinig dito.  ;D

With regards to my Sister, naisip ko lang she might be asked to provide or prove her financial standing, issue wala syang sariling house sa ngayon (renting), no properties aside from her car and she's divorced, no criminal records naman so far haha, and is staying in the US for almost a decade na, not sure of her knowledge of US history nga lang. But for now, she has no intensions of acquiring a Citizenship talaga, for her it is not imperative sa ngayon, because she feel na uuwe at uuwe naman sya sa Pinas when she retires, her kids are both independent naman, let's see kung magbago isip nya in the near future.

Pero kung mahirap/matagal din magpetition ng Sibling, di ko na din siguro sya i-advise pa to apply for Citizenship. I get what you mean maski dito sa Qatar, mahirap na din lahat, mahirap makapunta, mahirap maka land ng maayos na trabaho, mahirap tumagal, I can go on, paano pa kaya sa US?

Lol to divorcing my Husband, we just got married last April 2017. But yes, apparently that's the fastest way, though di din naman ganon kadali, my friend will be married to her American BF and I can only imagine how tedious the process will be too, since she has already started compiling her documents.

TysLolakins

• one half of Ty's 'PoPs and WoWa' act...
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • bite me!!!
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2017, 12:35:46 am »
^oh that bro you mean.  he's a US citizen, born here it turned out as he was asked later on on the same topic/thread.
you know, it?s not all milk and honey over here, esp in the beginning.  if you read some other threads about life here, some stories are kinda discouraging, like it takes a while to get a job, having to start at entry level due to absence of local experience, and that?s with possession of a green card already, how much more kung wala di ba?
I always tell my friends sa Pinas na if you have no easy means to get here and you have a comfortable life already,  I would choose to stay.  I kid them that I envy their easy going laid back lives.  My husband jokingly says that if you really hate somebody tell him/her to come live here, lol.
back on topic, my first job was in IT already and still in IT hahahahaha
aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2017, 07:48:53 pm »
^I know, my Sister and I are pretty close and I've witnessed how complicated her life in the US is, honestly, hinde maganda masyado US life story nya, pero that's another story, in fact halos pareho lang kami ng income, I just want to relocate kasi at the end if the day Middle East pa din 'to, and going home is not an option as of now, mas lalo kami magugutom sa Pinas haha! ;D

Hmm, you know what TysLolakins I have an aunt who's probably on her 60s na nasa US Virginia, IT din sya, you remind me of her.  :D
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 08:41:30 pm by Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore »

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close