watch now

Author Topic: Breast Pump  (Read 78697 times)

nicoletta

  • Guest
Re: Breast Pump
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2014, 03:00:00 am »
i used Medela freestyle double electric pump and happy naman ako sa naging usage nya for me.

What are things that needs to be replaced aside from the membranes?  I'm going to order at target.com sana and have the items shipped to my uncle.  I'm not sure if there are extra supplies here, parang limited lang even the one at mother care.

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: Breast Pump
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2014, 08:21:45 am »
^ sis, if you're planning to get Medela pump, I suggest you buy from here na lang, cheapest sa Medela House (near Robinsons Magnolia), di naman ganun kalaki difference sa US price. Kasi if you buy from the states, you cannot have it repaired here in case defective or nasira agad. They have a "no repair policy" kasi for units that were bought in another country (it's a global policy of Medela). Dapat din bibili ako when we were in the states last Feb, buti nabanggit nung SA yung policy nila, kasi baka magkaprob daw sa warranty and repairs.

kirsten10

  • Guest
Re: Breast Pump
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2014, 09:04:13 am »
been pumping for my daughter for 6 weeks now, im using medela pisa (bought online babies r us, comes with tote bag, and un storage system), its ok so far. it was good when i was establishing my milk supply. i pumped every 3-4 hours.
i also have the manual avent pump (that failed to work before on establishing milk supply for my son, first born, that's why i bought pisa this time) which i use as alternate for the medela one. since milk supply is now established i feel that i empty my breasts more with avent manual and i get more milk. with the pisa kahit dual electric parang may naiiwan pa din and i get engorgement from not emptying completely. pisa is working ok but i think i would need a larger breast shield or flange

katrinac

  • Guest
Re: Breast Pump
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2014, 09:59:03 am »
Haven't invested yet sa electric breast pump kasi i wanted to make sure na okay yung milk supply ko muna so nag try muna ako ng manual breast pump :)
Yung gamit ko now is yung premium mimiflo breast pump, so far okay naman ang output.
Nakakapag produce ako ng 5 ounces sa 10 minutes.

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: Breast Pump
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2014, 12:16:33 pm »
For those who plan to get Medela breast pump from Medela House, susukatan kayo ng breast shield para mas sakto when you get your pump. Standard kasi yata na 2pcs size24 ang kasama sa pump box. If needed, they will exchange the breast shield to the right size for free. I had to exchange 1pc kasi mas malaki left breast ko, mas comfy ang pag-pump dun sa bigger breast shield..

hun_nie08

  • Guest
Re: Breast Pump
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2014, 02:09:44 pm »
Yung pinsan ko farlin manual breast pump lang din yung gamit nya (700+) matagal naman na daw ginagamit. D pa ako makabili kasi depende pa if madami akong milk(sana naman oo) Kaya balak ko tyagain na lang din muna sa manual pump.

Mitchieme

  • Guest
Re: Breast Pump
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2014, 09:44:24 am »
[textspeak!]! Anyone's familiar with Bi Qib manual breast pump from china?

Mitchieme

  • Guest
Re: Breast Pump
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2014, 01:45:08 pm »
How do you clean your manual breast pump? I have Bi Qin from china.

chubbycheeks

  • Guest
Re: Breast Pump
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2014, 12:05:53 am »
Does anyone know how much yun Medela Harmony sa Medela PH? Halos magkalapit lang ang presyo ng Medela Harmony and Avent ISIS sa mga online shops.  2500-3000. I just don't like Avent kasi I read na only Avent bottles will fit (totoo ba?) Still looking for a manual breast pump...For those who are using Farlin, how is it so far?

nicoletta

  • Guest
Re: Breast Pump
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2014, 12:44:48 pm »
^ sis, if you're planning to get Medela pump, I suggest you buy from here na lang, cheapest sa Medela House (near Robinsons Magnolia), di naman ganun kalaki difference sa US price. Kasi if you buy from the states, you cannot have it repaired here in case defective or nasira agad. They have a "no repair policy" kasi for units that were bought in another country (it's a global policy of Medela). Dapat din bibili ako when we were in the states last Feb, buti nabanggit nung SA yung policy nila, kasi baka magkaprob daw sa warranty and repairs.

Talaga?  Too late, this was the first thing that my sister bought in the states.  I have yet to check how it works kasi hindi parin naman lumalabas si baby and I still have to do a lot of things and delegate my work for when the baby comes out.  Around how much ba here yung freestyle?

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: Breast Pump
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2014, 03:02:26 pm »
^ php19k at Medela House. Then you may change the breast shield size for free (magfi-fit ka with them), kasi I think the standard size na kasama sa pump is size24.

In my case, size27 yung isang shield ko, the other one is size24.

nicoletta

  • Guest
Re: Breast Pump
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2014, 03:46:18 pm »
^ Oh my gosh really?  Konti nga lang difference kasi my sister was not able to buy at target, cheaper sana online.  I am near Rob Magnolia, but I'm not familiar with Medela House, do you think you can kindly pm to me the contact number?  I still need to buy some items.  Freestyle na yan?

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: Breast Pump
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2014, 04:20:01 pm »
^ ok sis. Will pm the contact details to you. :)

Muntik na din ako bumili sa Buy Buy Baby sa States, but yun nga, $400++ sa US so konti lang difference sa Medela House.. full warranty pa pag dito bumili..

hun_nie08

  • Guest
Re: Breast Pump
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2014, 08:36:48 pm »
sis chubbycheeks have you bought your manual breast pump na?

Hindi pa ako makabili im thinking of getting farlin or looney tunes. Ano kayang mas okay. I want to check muna kasi if malakas ba ang milk supply ko e. Baka masayang naman e.

vain_kixie

  • Guest
Re: Breast Pump
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2014, 08:46:26 pm »
Pumping between feedings will boost up your supply. So go buy na kasi pag labas ni baby mahirap na to go out lalo na sa first few weeks dahil ubos oras pa feed ng pa feed.

I have a medela pisa and medela harmony. Both are okay pero nakakatamad pag manual. Sa electric ko nga i only go for 5 mins each breast. I get bored kasi lol

chubbycheeks

  • Guest
Re: Breast Pump
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2014, 10:11:02 pm »
^ sis, how soon do we get to pump? After a week, kaya na ba?

^^Sis hun_nie08, not yet but im planning to buy spectra from babymama.ph. Ka-price lang nung farlin et al but it's comparable daw to medela harmony. Nakikita ko sya sa top manual breastpumps list along with medela and avent.

vain_kixie

  • Guest
Re: Breast Pump
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2014, 12:09:46 am »
They say to not pump till your 6 weeks post partum para establish na your supply. Hassle din kasi pag oversupply sis. As in yung engorge ka palagi and/or mag leleak ka tapos if you dont express it baka mauwi sa mastitis. Ginawa ko dati pag engorged ako i hand express lang para mabawasan lang ng konti. Nung first week kasi pa latch lang ng pa latch para dumami ng supply. I started establishing a feeding routine with my son so now at 4 weeks i pump na since i feel like my supply and demand has been established.

mjp

  • Guest
Re: Breast Pump
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2014, 12:34:22 am »
I got my pump after we left the hospital. I have the Medela double electric pump. I got bored sitting down so nagpabili ako ng manual. I prefer the manual pump because I can pump while tidying up the house, cooking or loading the laundry.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:56:11 am by mjp »

hun_nie08

  • Guest
Re: Breast Pump
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2014, 02:04:35 pm »
Thanks sis chubbycheeks yes, nakita ko nga din yun e. So kalevel na din pala sya ng avent at medela. YUng Looney toons kasi nakasale sa SM e 640 na lang muntik pa ako matempt kagabi bumili hehe..

sachism

  • Guest
Re: Breast Pump
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2014, 09:46:08 am »
For my first child, I used Avent Manual Pump nung una kasi d sya nakalabas kaagad ng NICU. so I did direct feeding and tried to pump kapag tulog sya. nakakapagod ang manual pump :(

Then her Ninang gave me yung medela single electric pump. Sulit! Now for our second child, I want to buy yong double electric pump ng medela. Malapit lang kami sa Medela House. Thanks for the feedback sis!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close