Author Topic: Preschools in QuezonCity III  (Read 71245 times)

ainge88

• Junior GirlTalker
Re: Preschools in QuezonCity III
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2015, 09:51:31 am »
Mommies, pahelp naman. lalo na sa mga naka enroll sa Ateneo. (Hi sis Marose! I pm'ed you) or sa mga babies na eraly July and birthday

What age requirement do they have for incoming Grade 1? Under k+12 kasi 6years ang mandatory age ng grade 1.

My son's birthday is in July 2. He's currently in kinder 1. Magtransfer kami ng school for next SY (this June 2015) and by that time he'll be 4 years old 11 months on June 2015 since July 2 pa ang birthday niya. sabi ng TGP (the growing place) kasi they're strict when it comes to age requirements as in kahit days lang. so they're recommending that we repeat K1, but if we do, malate naman siya ng start sa Grade 1, he'll be 7yo na by SY2017. but if Ateneo is strict too on age requirements I guess magrepeat talaga kami? Pero one level lang naman ng Kinder ang prerequisite ng k+12 and the child must be 6years old by August to qualify for Grade 1.

Sana may makatulong. Nakakastress na kasi. Hay.

We wouldn't be in this position if not for our current school closing down next SY (SY2015) and gave us late notice. tsk. thru a letter pa ha, no meetings man lang among the parents and the board. grabe lang.

Nanay Maria

• Probationary
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2015, 09:58:08 am »
Sis swtgrl_bee,

We'll be transferring to Cubao Area/Proj 4 area.  Any recommendations?

Thanks!

swtgrl_bee

• ❤️❤️❤️
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2015, 01:58:01 pm »
Sis Nanay Maria, sorry I am only familiar with Commonwealth / Fairview area :) Pero sa Scouts area alam ko madami sis.
💻🏡

14 years ng GirlTalker! 💋

ainge88

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2015, 02:48:02 pm »
Sis swtgrl_bee,

Thanks!

try the Learning Tree in Cubao, Ermin Garcia St.  :)

darna88

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2015, 07:29:39 pm »
when na ba pasukan ng next school year ng preschool ng kids nyo and ur from what school? is it june or august? thanks

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2015, 08:27:38 am »
@ainge88, I have not received your PM.  Dito na lang kita sasagutin. :)

Ateneo has no Kinder so ang entry level talaga is Grade 1.  The current cut-off date for grade 1 is turning 6 by October.   Your son should take the exam when he turns 5 (kasi one year before the school year naka-schedule ang exams for grade 1 admission).  So, since your child is turning 5 in July, he should take the Ateneo grade 1 entrance exam this year.

For me it doesn't matter kung Kinder 1 or Kinder 2 ba siya.  What's important is that your son learns the skills needed for big school -  the 3Rs, being self-sufficient, being disciplined, following instructions well and obeying rules.

Re age requirement, in other big schools, the child must be turning 6 by June.  But if Ateneo is your first choice, pasok ang birthday ng son mo sa cut-off date.   ;)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 08:31:31 am by marose17 »

ainge88

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2015, 11:25:55 am »
I called na rin Ateneo and confirmed that pasok naman son ko sa cut off nila. yay! we won't be repeating kinder 1 hehe and yes sis marose, Ateneo first choice namin.  :) Sana lang pumasa siya. hehe May schedule ba when to take the entrance exam for incoming Grade 1 or basta this year lang? Yikes, sana late this year pa, ngayon pa lang kasi sila nagsstart mag reading lessons sa school nila.

medyo kulang pa kami sa discipline haha

btw, kaya pala wala ka narereceive na PM, i sent it to the wrong person with same handle mo wala lang yung 17. haha so sorry. So glad you were able to reply to my post pa.

Thank you so much!

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2015, 01:23:43 pm »
^ Usually from July until September ang schedule ng entrance exams for grade 1 sa Ateneo. 

You can send your child to summer school to prepare if you want to jumpstart his reading skills. 

ainge88

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2015, 08:59:57 am »
Yup, that's the plan talaga. Looking and scouting na lang the area for a good summer program for him.

Any suggestions?  ;D

So anytime basta between July and September? I think I'll send in the applications on the latter part, a lot can happen in a toddler's progress in a month. hehe sayang rin.  :)

Would you know the ballpark figure of the TF for Grade 1 this year? Thanks again!

crisdv7068

• Probationary
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2015, 01:59:56 pm »
Sis swtgrl_bee,

Thanks!

Hi Nanay Maria,

Please visit Pail and Shovel Integrated School in Cubao. It is a progressive school and I could say a lot of good things in this school. My son is  enrolled here for 5 years now and I'm so happy about his development.  Their curriculum is customized/personalized and they have hands-on experiences in every lesson.  Nakakatuwa kasi my son is really enjoying his stay in this school.  :)
It is actually like a small community. Lahat kaming mga parents halos magkakakilala na. They have many activities for the families as well.  The teachers are so warm and you can actually feel their love and concern for the children.  Hope to see you around! :)

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2015, 03:27:40 pm »
^^ For reading readiness, The Learning Library has a good program.  You can also inquire with the  tutorial and enrichment centers in the Katipunan and Loyola Heights area.  Most of those centers are geared towards and are very familiar with the Ateneo entrance exam and offer summer lessons.

Re exam scheduling, as I recall, you have to submit the application form prior to getting a schedule.  Thus, if you want to have a September schedule, call to inquire around late July to August.  Give yourself sufficient time to submit the form as the school requires a comprehensive medical history which your child's pediatrician will have to fill out.

For grade 1 this year, tuition + miscellaneous fees and books (excluding uniforms) = Php116k (for full payment).  There are increments if you choose the semi-annual or quarterly schemes.  TF increase is usually around 6-8% per annum.

Nanay Maria

• Probationary
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2015, 09:32:05 am »
Thank you Crisdv7068 and ainge88 for your suggestions! We'll visit these schools this week.  Hope I can still have a slot for my child :)

Thanks for all your help :)

cldy_1981

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2015, 10:24:31 pm »
Marose - I remember before that we seem to be residents of the same village along Katips. Question if you've heard of LINKS Academy? And if you have any feedback about the school? It's practically a 5 min drive from our place so I'm considering it but I have no connections who can give feedback, was hoping you'd have an idea?
"Loving is not just looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

darna88

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2015, 12:53:46 am »
are u referring to Links learning center in scout limbaga?..if its that yes its a nice school with nice playground its a progressive school maasikaso even the guards feel securede if dun nagaral anak mo. anak ni regine and ogie dun nakaenroll in toddler class :)

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2015, 12:23:01 pm »
^^ Links in Woodridge Subdivision is owned by a former principal of Ateneo Grade School.  I've spoken to her (sorry, I forgot her name but she is also a resident in our village) about summer programs at Links before and she seems very professional and knowledgeable about educating young children, especially boys who want to get in AGS.  The school has a homey feel.  It also offers tutorials.  I think their method is traditional considering the background of the owners. 

Since my children were already enrolled in a Montessori preschool that time, I was really just considering Links for summer programs.   However, the programs being offered that time did not really fit my kids' schedule. 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 12:25:38 pm by marose17 »

cldy_1981

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2015, 08:55:32 am »
Hi darna88, the LINKS school I'm referring to is the one near Tumana inside Woodridge. :) Thanks for the feedback anyway.

Hi marose thanks for the info, we actually already met with Dr. Cecilia Palma (if I remember the name correctly) and her husband, both were very pleasant and seem to understand the needs of my child (since he is a delayed speaker) unlike my experience with Multiple Intelligence.

We're actually leaning towards LINKS already but will still have my son do a trial class with ABBA's Orchard just to see how well he fits in/likes/copes with a Montessori type of environment.

With your boys coming from a Montessori school, could you share how was their adjustment to Big School where its more traditional? Bec when we went there to do an ocular of the place (ABBA's) and talk to the administrators, I found the pace and place too hectic and overwhelming. Parang too many things goig on and it appeared to be too unstructured to my liking. But my son didn't seem to mind which was a different reaction compared to the other schools we visited like The Nest, Pedia House.
"Loving is not just looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

patfern

• Probationary
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2015, 08:05:44 am »
Hi mga mommies.  I just recently created an account here so I can get your inputs.  I'm looking for a good preschool for my daughter.  We live in Quezon City, (Timog area).  We have shortlisted the following so far:

CHILD
Links
Little Sandbox

Any recent feedbacks on any of these schools would be appreciated.  Thanks.

sachism

• happy wife and mommy...and a
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2015, 08:45:20 am »
My daughter goes to Links sa Scout Area and I highly recommend it. It's her last SY there. She's going to Big School next SY.

Prior to enrolling her we checked Child, Little Sandbox, Raya, Kidschool, Meridian, DML Montessori, Bricks (all near Timog Area) pero Sa Links sya nag thrive and where I felt most comfortable with. Ito rin and school na nireco ng Dev Ped nya. Their students normally go to STC, AGS, Xavier, and SPP. Most teachers have been there for as long as the school opened so a good sign of low turn over of teachers. The directress is very hands on and aware of your child's progress, and the intervention needed. They also have a nice playground and a tight security.

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2015, 06:49:44 pm »
@cldy_1981, my children are doing well and really thriving in a traditional, big school.  The preschool my children attended has a program (optional) that helps kids to transition from Montessori to traditional school.  During their final year in preschool, they attended this program for 1 1/2 months in addition to their regular Montessori work.  It was a hectic time because my kids had to stay for two additional hours in school and they were given homework, quizzes and even mock exams in the program.  It proved to be beneficial though.  I also had my kids tutored the summer before they started first grade to help them get used to worksheets and stuff.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 09:25:43 am by marose17 »

hyder0926

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2015, 05:39:25 pm »
Hi Sisses..

My son is attending Holy Spirit Child Devt Ctr at Mayon.. he is doing well at school but his progress is not that impressive.

i had him accessed at Galileo Enrichment Ctr at Kinderville and i was told that his level is still at nursery. i was sad and frustrated because it is already the 4th quarter and it seems that he did not learn anything..

im thinking of transferring him to another school for Jr Kinder but my hubby is not ok with the idea.

I saw an on going class at Kinderville and i was impressed. i just dont know how to convince hubby.

There is also a  new preschool near Kinderville at Speaker Perez. The name of the preschool is Little Harvard School.. they are occupying a big building. i believe they offer kids yoga / zumba/ arts class etc.. i also saw their facebook page.. will try to see it soon..

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close