Author Topic: AWOL: Effects on Future Employment  (Read 48185 times)

Nyx16

• Probationary
Re: AWOL: Effects on Future Employment
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2014, 07:44:47 pm »
Hello, well i'm on my third day as a probationary employee in a certain company. And I am planning to leave already because of some issues. First, i noticed/heard that employees are working 7 days a week with overtime pa and so much more issues which I think is inhumane. Well it's my own point view. I'm planning to go AWOL and i have some questions.

First, will they pay me for that 3 days?
Second, if not, they havent pay sss, will soon employers would know i've gone AWOL?

And yes, i've signed my contract already.

itotterz

• Probationary
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2014, 09:21:56 pm »
I have the same problem ------- I was a TSR for 2 years, I was one of the top performing that time, I'm so inlove with the company until Ondoy happened. My entire properties were wiped out. Lahat ng napundar ko nawala ng parang bula. The incident made me so miserable. I was in a state of shock, trauma and depression. Halo halong emotion that I wasn't able to report back to work. Or should I say, nawalan na ako ng drive magtrabaho. I went AWOL for several days. Nagkaroon ako ng Return to Work Order. Then later on, I got the Notice of Termination. I don't know what to feel that time. I'm so depressed and at the same time apathetic na parang wala na akong pake elam sa mundo. This was back in 2009.

My parents were able to help me get back on my feet.  I was able to undergo therapy for my depression and anxiety. Put up a computer cafe. For 5 years it was doing well. Pero hindi na siya ganun kalakasan ngayon since marami ng ways to access the internet.

So ngayon, I want to go back in the BPO industry, kung pwede nga lang bumalik sa dati kong company e, I will do it. Pero I know that they won't accept me anymore. Now... Hindi ko alam kung dapat ko bang i-disclose yung past job ko or I should hide it. Any advise po para sa kagaya ko?

erb

• Probationary
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2015, 01:38:02 pm »
Question po.. During my training po sa bpo company nag pa change rdo po ako, ngaun po considered po ako as awol since hindi ko tinapos yung training.

Pag nag change rdo po ako sa new company, kailangan po ba yung bpo company ang nasa Change of Rdo form ko?

dara_01

• Happiness is a choice
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • with even so little, we can still be happy
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2015, 03:38:07 am »
Please enlighten me, pano magke-clearance kung nag-AWOL ka nga? Ang iniisip ko kasi about AWOL is yung basta hindi ka na lang pumasok/bumalik sa office nyo ng walang paalam or proper clearance nga.

In my case naman yung sa first job ko yung nag-awol ako (read first post) eh 8 months ako dun. Blame it on immaturity, unprofessionalism etc.. Ang naging problem ko was when applying for jobs after that  eh since hindi ko nga malagay sa resume ko yung 8 months experience, nahirapan akong i-explain tuwing interview yung gap kasi diba nga  naman anong ginawa ko sa 8 months na yun..

I've been regularized in my job now of 6 months. What I did was I never disclosed my first job and told the HR na after the Board exam, I just decided to rest muna for a while and still contemplate on my future plans kasi I was not yet sure what field I wanted to venture into---Audit, Industry & Commerce etc.. Pero kasama din sa 'alibi' ko na though I was not yet employed in a company with a corporate setting, I still do various jobs na related sa profession ko like bookkeeping and taxation for certain people gayan ( yan di yan totoo ha  ;D )   

I think the key is that you need to imply to them na may pinagka-busy-han ka in your time na walang declared employment sa resume mo.

Im not an HR personnel pero mapapaisip ka rin naman kung bakit masyadong matagal na nabakante yung isang applicant diba..

Ayoko namang sabihing nag-aaply ako pero di lang matanggap--parang mas panget pakinggan yun.

Kaya ayan mga sisses, kanya-kanyang alibis muna tayo.  ;D

Yes makikita sa requirements nyo yung history ng contributions sa gov't remittances (SSS/PHIC/HDMF) pero our HR naman di na nila tinanong kung bakit may remittance of contribution.

^ok lang naman yung ganito sis kung malulusutan mo naman, pero sana last na yun kase kapag nasanay ka ng ganito gagawin at gagawin mo. magiging behavioral issues na.

pwede ka naman mag-immediate resignation kase wala naman sila magagawa kung talagang magreresign ka, pero wag naman siguro yung bigla kang mawawala.

yellowminion

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2015, 08:56:20 am »
^you're right sis. kahit ako nahihiya sa naging behavior ko before. so immature and unprofessional. kaya nga yung colleagues ko from that company hindi ako masyado nakikipag-communicate sa kanila because I'm so embarrassed there is no excuse. There's this quote from Francis Kong I forgot the exact words pero parang "when you start in an organization, the Company welcomes you with respect so if ever you decide to leave, do so with respect.." basta something to that effect.  I'm not proud of what I did.Lesson learned.

dara_01

• Happiness is a choice
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • with even so little, we can still be happy
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2015, 11:32:59 pm »
^that's good, sis yellowminion.  we are bound to commit mistake kase human naman tayo. i admire you for accepting your mistake and learn from it.

i agree with that saying, kase kahit anong pangpinagdaanan mo na hindi maganda sa previous company mo dapat you should follow and do what is right. you're not doing it for the company, but for yourself. ;)

incandescent

• Probationary
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2015, 05:55:00 pm »
Hi everyone! Meron ba dito na from BPO to Bank Industry? Is that strict when it comes to Background check sa Bank? Can I not declare it on my resume kaya? (nag-AWOL ako)

Concern ko talaga is paano sa SSS, Philhealth, Pagibig and TIN? Esp. in changing RDO sa dating work sa bago work.

I need some help. Thanks sissy :)

RoadrunnerXCX

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2015, 07:36:12 pm »
FYI i went awol in one of my previous jobs and was able to get a clearance. i was given a back to job order too but couldn't go back to work na talaga kasi bigla ako nawalan ng househelp at wala ng titingin sa mga anak ko lalo na sa gabi. i applied for a clearance after 3 yrs and i got may back pay. now, everytime i applied for work i declare it kasi nakikita sya sa sss portal when i checked it online.  so better be safe than sorry i declare mo na lang and defend your misbehavior during job interviews na lang... say something like you admitted it was being unprofessional but you've learned your lesson blah blah blah blah.

and if i may add...clearance is more of your accountabilities with the company. you need to return the   company handbook kasi maraming confidential info, i.d., headsets, key locker isurrender mo. and you will get your clearance na.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 08:30:13 pm by RoadrunnerXCX »
“Allow the universe to unfold as it should" - Desiderata

Miss Taken

• His one & only
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2015, 11:39:03 pm »
I went AWOL in my first BPO company since I was a newbie back then and I got so stressed out with the account. But that was the first and last time since it was really unprofessional. Fortunately, it did not affect anything and I've been with my current company for almost 3 years now.
"Kiss me, and you will see how important I am."

Girltalker2

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2015, 05:17:55 pm »

Question - why do people go AWOL?

Isn't it just an issue of asking permission or letting the employer know of your plans? Problem ba Ito sa Pag communicate sa boss/employer? We just have to be man enough to face them and tell them that we need to take a leave, di ba?

Or are there more reasons why a gainfully employed person who is assumed to be emotionally and mentally stable would just disappear out of the blue?

donya_dyosa

• Senior GirlTalker
  • self proclaimed donya
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2015, 12:03:10 am »
^usually pag may bond.. Tapos immature pa mga ganern.
iniiwasan makipagusap sa OPS.

First bpo ko rin nagawol ako. Bata pa kasi ako nuon. ang ending, it haunted me.
kaua sabi ko never nako magaawol.
Last employer ko naman. Nasa bond period pa ko.
Eh i need to take care of my mudra talaga..
Eh dahil matured nako. Naks!
Nagimmediate ako., as in agad agad, nakiusap talaga ako sa OMS at SOM ko.
at kahit masakit man...
Ako na nagsabi na ishoulder ko na ang bond.
Nagclearance nako and all para pag ok nako mag work ulit.
Madedeclare ko sila sa resume ko,
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 12:40:27 am by donya_dyosa »

snowberry

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2015, 02:56:53 pm »
Most of the employers would understand naman kung nagpapaalam ng matino ang employee. Mas nakakainis kasi  yung  basta na lang nag disappear . It's a hassle din na magpadala pa ng RTWO at Termination notice . Ang dali lang naman gumawa ng resignation letter at wala namang magagawa ang company kung ayaw ng pumasok ng employee . At least malinaw na nag resign . The corporate world is just small, you might encounter your previous superior  to the next company   you'll be applying.

Always remember this "don't burn bridges" .

ENGR.AKO

• Probationary
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2018, 03:14:45 pm »
hi. just want to us.
NagAWOL kasi ako sa dati kong work. wala naman kaming kahit anong contract even payslip and other documents hndi kami bnbgyan sa. Gusto ko lang malamn may chance pa na pwede silang magsampa ng case saakin? at possible pa na mahold [textspeak!] mga governent contribution ko? Thank you!

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close