watch now

Author Topic: What TV shows are you currently watching? (Thread 2)  (Read 52408 times)

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching? (Thread 2)
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2013, 06:07:48 pm »
Where do you guys get subtitles??? Or sama na with your d/ls? Dunno if that will play on my system....ehh, will figure it out.  I really should, kasi minsan natuturn off ako pag masyadong mabigat yung accent, clueless ang drama ko. ;D I'm watching Peaky Blinders, yung parang Boardwalk Empire ng UK, hindi ko maintindihan yun Birmingham-UK accent, ang thick!  :-\

I got the subtitles sa opensubtitles.org. In fairness, in sync dun sa copy na na-DL ko :)

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching? (Thread 2)
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2013, 08:34:53 pm »
^ Cool, will check that one out. Thanks!  ;)

Just watched the latest episode of The Blacklist. I'm still on the fence about sticking with this show. Especially after I read a piece by one of my favorite TV writers dissing it.  :-\

Sleepy Hollow is going on a 3-week break. Baseball season. Most shows airing on FOX will be pre-empted for that long.  (Brooklyn99, New Girl, Mindy Project, etc).

I also checked out Atlantis the past couple of days. It's Greek mythology but with too much poetic license. Entertaining naman.  ;D

sima

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching? (Thread 2)
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2013, 07:45:31 pm »
Natatangahan akong mag-profile si Keen. DUH!!!!!!  For a profiler, she is an easy read, says her husband.  Which is uber bad I think considering that her husband has multiple identities up his sleeve.

I have downloaded three episodes of Atlantis and that will be the one na panoorin ko later tonight.

^thanks for the heads up on the three-week break sa mga shows na sinusubaybayan ko.  I think I will have anxiety attacks on those dates ha ha ha

sima

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching? (Thread 2)
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2013, 02:34:36 am »
I get my subtitles from podnapisi, subtitleseeker or subscene.

What I do is I check the version that I have downloaded and scroll down kung meron same format para in sync yung subtitle sa audio at hindi na ako mag-tweak pa sa aking player.

summersong

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching? (Thread 2)
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2013, 03:42:52 am »
Stop na ako sa Blacklist, The Crazy Ones, Sleepy Hollow.

The White Queen and Life I'm starting to find interesting.

Dami kong gustong panoorin kulang lang sa oras...

sima

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching? (Thread 2)
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2013, 05:39:44 am »
Watched the first three episodes of Atlantis.  Meron ngang mga ginawang artistic liberties on Greek mythology katulad ni Hercules na ginawang duwag at mataba.

Yung chants na ginagamit nila dito reminds me of Spartacus.

Hindi ko type ang pairing ni Jason at ni Ariadne.  Walang chemistry for me.  Parang hindi rin bagay na Ariadne yung gumaganap na aktres dito.

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching? (Thread 2)
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2013, 06:32:52 am »
^ Parang kalokohan yung Atlantis eh, pero pwedeng panoorin if you want to get away from serious stuff on TV and just want something light. Thanks for the subtitle tips, bookmarking those sites too! Yay! Mas tutok na tuloy ako manonood ngayon, patay. ;D And what you said about Keen!!! Very weak character. Lalo na with the episode this week. Parang eto yung naging problem ng The Following, where they make FBI agents bopols, when they are supposedly commendable at their jobs.  :-\

What I'm currently watching: Panalo pa rin Brooklyn99 for me with the new comedies and I'm growing fonder of Trophy Wife each week. Also with The Goldbergs, but mostly coz relate na relate ako sa 80's era ng show. But I still do not like the youngest brother they cast, which is a shame, coz sa kanya yung POV ng show (which is based on the series creator, who was the writer of Friends for a very, very long time). And I'm getting very disappointed and confused with Homeland! Hay naku. Nasaan na ang political thriller na theme nito? :(



« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 06:36:33 am by Mindy »

mooncake and leaves

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching? (Thread 2)
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2013, 08:30:08 am »
^ read somewhere that showtime is to be blamed. theyre incapable of sustaining their shows daw talaga, citing dexter and weeds as examples. tbh, by the end of homeland's s1, i knew i couldnt continue watching. i just hated everybody, brody and his daughter in particular.

to be fair, i still love "i love c*ck. yummy yummy yummy." lol. one of the best lines ever. ;D

anyone watches borgen? the first 2 seasons are good daw. 3rd got mixed reviews. but show's supposedly a hit in the UK and other countries in europe. nbc is also making a US version so i'm intrigued kahit tapos na sya. 3 seasons lang ata eh. :)

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching? (Thread 2)
« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2013, 10:50:38 am »
^ So that would mean Masters of Sex would be in jeopardy if Showtime continues to meddle with show decisions?  :-\

So eager to watch that Borgen US, only because gusto ko ang writer behind it sa US version (Jason Katims). Though I haven't seen the Norwegian original. Somehow, Norwegian shows kinakatulugan ko!!! LOL.

sima

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching? (Thread 2)
« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2013, 06:06:07 pm »
I like Greek mythology kaya nag-click kaagad sa akin itong Atlantis although I am a bit irritated that they somehow made liberties on Hercules' character.  Hindi ko rin type ang pairing ni Adriane at ni Jason talaga.  Or baka naman nakatutok lang ako sa kilay ni Adriane -- parang unibrow kasi ni Bert ng Sesame Street :D.

The Duchess of Cornwall watches Homeland! Katuwa lang.  Totoo ka sis Mindy, nawawala nga ang pagka-political thriller nitong Homeland.  Dana is really getting kadiri and kadiri as the show progresses.  Mukha ngang Showtime is to be blamed kung ganyan ang nangyayari sa mga shows nila.  I was sooooooo disappointed with how Dexter ended.

Ay!  Lutang na lutang ang kahinaan ni Liz sa latest episode ng The Blacklist.  Buti na lang magaling magdala itong si Red ng show.   Eh kung ganyan ba naman ang mga agents eh mga small time criminals lang talaga ang mahuhuli nila.  Nadi-disillusion tuloy ako sa capability ng FBI (at CIA) sa show na ito.  But I will continue to watch just because my curiosity is piqued kung ano ba talaga ang end game nitong si Red at sino ba talaga si hubby hahahaha.

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching? (Thread 2)
« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2013, 06:43:37 pm »
^ Ako rin eh, may curiosity pa rin kaya I can't seem to quit Blacklist yet. At magaling talaga si Spader.  ;D

Currently watching: The Tomorrow People. If Marvel Agents of SHIELD is becoming a disappointment, pwedeng pamalit ito.




 

sima

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching? (Thread 2)
« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2013, 07:12:05 pm »
Bumababa na nga ang rating ng S.H.I.E.L.D.  Again the pairing between The Rising Tide girl and the S.H.I.E.L.D. muscle man is so pilit!  Meron akong Tomorrow People pero hindi ko pa siya nasisimulan.

I've heard that some new shows got axed pagkatapos pa lang ng two episodes.  Ito yung link:  http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/media-migraine/2013/oct/10/fall-2013-tv-shows-hits-misses-cancellations-black/

Hostages is not faring well.  Gusto ko lang si Zachary Quinto kaya ko siya pinapanood pero I guess it will only go for one season or a few more episodes before they finally put it to rest.

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching? (Thread 2)
« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2013, 05:03:47 am »
^ Yeah, Lucky7, which I really liked and We Are Men, which I don't (hehe), cancelled na. I would've wanted Lucky7 to finish kahit 1 season lang man sana. It was one of the first news shows I thought had a better story than others. Okay rin ang pagka-execute, I just don't know why it didn't click...well, katapat sya ng Blacklist for one thing. (The Syndicate, its UK original, is really good.)

I actually am also liking Hostages, kahit nasabi ng critics na eventually gugulo rin ang story. So far, 3-4 episodes na, okay pa rin ang takbo ng kwento. Baba nga lang ratings. Ganun talaga.  :-\

mooncake and leaves

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching? (Thread 2)
« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2013, 08:34:55 am »
Sis Mindy, i have no idea re: fate of masters of sex. wala talaga akong natapos sa showtime din kasi.

super fun night isn't fun. i might drop it.

TowBerryBlue

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching? (Thread 2)
« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2013, 03:53:29 am »
Hawaii Five-0 and of course, Suits!!

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching? (Thread 2)
« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2013, 01:44:48 pm »
^^ I quit Super Fun Night this week. As much as I love Rebel, she's not a great writer.  :-\

I checked out Reign's premiere last night. I wasn't impressed. Although I want all of what they're wearing sa hair nila hehe.

Ironside is already cancelled. Ditto Welcome To the Family. Just as well.  Those shows were not good, it's a wonder why they were ordered and picked up to run in the first place.

sima

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching? (Thread 2)
« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2013, 03:41:02 pm »
Pansin ko nga yung ibang shows are either recycled na lang from shows way, way back, e.g. Ironside, 90210, Hawaii Five-O, etc. or duplication of storyline (Betrayal, Revenge), or US version of a British one. Nauubusan na ba ng creative juices ang mga Hollywood writers?

Myealexis21

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching? (Thread 2)
« Reply #97 on: October 19, 2013, 04:26:40 pm »
Tried watching The Originals.  I was a bit bored...

Yung Marcel looks like the guy in Grey's Anatomy, the one that Intern Wilson dated... ma-google nga.

simplykristine08

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching? (Thread 2)
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2013, 04:05:12 pm »
^ sis, si marcel nga ata yung nasa Grey's na dinate ni wilson.

okay pa rin sakin ang hostages. inaabangan ko ang next episode.

sis sima, saan si zachary quinto kasali?

may kopya ako ng mga to pero hindi ko pa pinapanood: OUaT, Revenge, Homeland, Betrayal, OUaTiW, etc.

Myealexis21

  • Guest
Re: What TV shows are you currently watching? (Thread 2)
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2013, 04:39:07 pm »
^Sis yes sya nga yung dinate ni Jo Wilson.

Hindi ko na tinuloy ang Homeland. Hindi ko gusto si Claire Danes... siguro ganun ka-effective ang acting niya kaya naiirita ako sa kanya hahaha! Saka ko na lang itutuloy pag wala na ako mapanuod :)

I will try Hostages later.  Gusto ko rin i-try yung Witch of the East End ba yun? I skimmed through the Pilot and mukhang interesting naman.

Natapos ko yung Dr. Emily Owens and liked it, parang lighter Grey's Anatomy.  Nakakainis lang kase cancelled na after Season 1.

Current Season:
Blacklist
Marvels Agents of SHIELD
Grey's Anatomy
Scandal
The Originals

Catching up on:
Castle
Modern Family
The Big Bang Theory
How I met Your Mother
Orphan Black
The Vampire Diaries
The Mindy Project

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close