watch now

Author Topic: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)  (Read 86390 times)

rae

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #280 on: October 14, 2014, 07:29:14 pm »
Yes, pero buti na lang I'm not too fond of rose gold. Ok na ako dun sa standard brushes :D
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 07:30:52 pm by rae »

bigdadis_girl

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #281 on: October 15, 2014, 10:35:59 am »
for me, the best I've tried would be Suesh. I like the hair nakakaspread ng maganda ng lippie. And may cover sya affordable pa.. bought this for around p300 plus.

Thank you sis!!! will definitely check on this :)

Ireneeeeee

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #282 on: October 15, 2014, 03:55:54 pm »
^welcome sis! Cleaned up some of my brushes yesterday and just wanted to share maganda talaga panglinis yun lactacyd na blue. Even the stains sa mga stippling brushes natatanggal nya. White na ulit yun bristles. love it!

pr280

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #283 on: October 16, 2014, 02:36:58 pm »
Nainip ako sa waitlist ng Luxola so I just bought directly from Zoeva. Ang bilis ah! Dumating na dito sa Manila in about a week then I just waited for the post office notification to pick it up. Yun lang nga sa Pasig Post Office siya bumagsak eh medyo may power tripping ata dun. Sinisingil ng P1600 for taxes! Grabe! Buti messenger pinadala ko at kinausap ko yung officer na makeup brush lang naman yan tska P500 lang dala ng tao ko hahaha pumayag.

Eto lang yung risk of going direct. I think though sa Mandaluyong at San Juan Post Office eh mas honest at di mapansamantala tao.

rae

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #284 on: October 16, 2014, 05:02:45 pm »
^ Ok sa post office ng makati, kapag equal to or lower than $50 - php 50 lang binabayad ko. So I just make sure to stay within that amount. Kapag lampas dun na yung madaming complicated na computation.

Kaya hirap ako bumili ng brush sets from hakuhodousa.

Ejaxene

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #285 on: October 23, 2014, 11:56:33 pm »
Nainip ako sa waitlist ng Luxola so I just bought directly from Zoeva. Ang bilis ah! Dumating na dito sa Manila in about a week then I just waited for the post office notification to pick it up. Yun lang nga sa Pasig Post Office siya bumagsak eh medyo may power tripping ata dun. Sinisingil ng P1600 for taxes! Grabe! Buti messenger pinadala ko at kinausap ko yung officer na makeup brush lang naman yan tska P500 lang dala ng tao ko hahaha pumayag.

Eto lang yung risk of going direct. I think though sa Mandaluyong at San Juan Post Office eh mas honest at di mapansamantala tao.

If I went this route I'll send it to the US na lang (forwarder) then pay the forwarder rather than the crooks getting my money.

ynazki

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #286 on: November 07, 2014, 03:31:41 pm »
Twice na ako bumabalik sa The Ramp Crossing Trinoma branch, wala pa ring stock ng Expert Face Brush ng RL.  Any sissies here that's been to other branches na nakapnsin kung may stock sila? TIA

hann-hann

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #287 on: November 07, 2014, 08:38:26 pm »
^same tayo sis. naka ilang balik na din ako dun pero wala yung expert face brush. hay. baka mag order na lang ako online.

Juricks

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #288 on: November 17, 2014, 11:32:04 am »
I checked luxola. I want yung 15pc complete set kaso oos. :(

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #289 on: November 18, 2014, 06:47:33 am »
For me best value for makeup brushes is Bdellium Tools. Very cheap compared to my MAC brushes.

I also like my Real Techniques, especially the face brushes. But the eye brushes are so so. They're ok for everyday eye shadow application but not for detailed eye work for dressier occasions.

I like that the brush shaft of Real Techniques is all metal, so it is easy to wash the brushes without getting the wooden handles wet. Medyo OC ako sa makeup brushes kasi, and I only use my foundation brushes ONCE, tapos wash with soap and water again. So Real Techniques is ideal for frequent washing.

delicatehummingbird

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #290 on: November 18, 2014, 09:49:35 am »
zoeva is very good quality for cheaper price. no no no to sigma.

rae

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #291 on: November 18, 2014, 06:30:58 pm »
Hi sis! what kind of brush ba ang ginagamit for liquid foundation/concealer? and anong brand ang pinakamaganda for you? TIA! ;D
It depends on the consistency of the liquid foundation. Kapag runny, ok lang stippling brush. Kapag mas viscous, I like dense brushes like RT expert face brush and Shiseido Perfect Foundation brush. Pero since dense short-bristled brushes work for runny foundations din naman, I stick with those.

I don't like yung parang paintbrush.

rae

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #292 on: November 18, 2014, 06:43:59 pm »
and I only use my foundation brushes ONCE, tapos wash with soap and water again. So Real Techniques is ideal for frequent washing.
How many foundation brushes do you have? Ako din e. I just use foundation brushes once tapos rinse na agad. I'm afraid na ma-overwash yung brushes ko. I currently have 4 foundation brushes.


zoeva is very good quality for cheaper price. no no no to sigma.
I agree. I was very disappointed with sigma. The eyebrushes I have, nagbbreak yung bristles. As in, napuputol, hind yung nag-sh-shed from the inside of the ferule. I use baby shampoo to clean them just like all my other brushes.

rae

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #293 on: November 18, 2014, 08:00:16 pm »
^ Ako naman mahilig mag-switch ng foundations in a week. Also, parang iba na yung finish ng foundation when you don't use a fresh brush. (pero baka ako lang yun).

Also, I've tried Zoeva, it's better than sigma tapos more than 50% less yung price. Zoeva has some weight to it too. Doesn't feel cheap, incl the bristles. Ok din.

thesoloist

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #294 on: November 20, 2014, 03:41:08 pm »
Where to buy mga sis ng Zoeva?

cheezecake

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #295 on: November 20, 2014, 05:08:07 pm »
@2MissVeket I prefer sponge kapag liquid foundie mas tipid for me though maganda ang effect kapag brush ang ginamit maaksaya nga lang. I have RT brushes so far I like them all.

rae

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #296 on: November 21, 2014, 01:31:35 am »
^ In the website, many of their brushes are described as a mix of natural and synthetic hair. But they have a vegan line that's pure taklon.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #297 on: November 21, 2014, 01:22:24 pm »
thank you rae!! =) Will wait for the eye set to be available again in luxola. Not that I need any more brushes, but I am so addicted to makeup brushes LOL

My makeup application really changed since I invested in brushes. I used to have my makeup done when I would attend special events like weddings. Now, I don't anymore bec I can really do it all myself! In fact, I prefer doing my own makeup. 


iamlili

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #298 on: November 21, 2014, 07:21:19 pm »
Ang gaganda nga ng Zoeva brushes! Not a fan of Sigma here, feeling ko overpriced sila and to think ang dami ko na rin nababasa na madaling masira yung brushes.

Sa Luxola lang ba ito available mga sis?

tiggerlily

  • Guest
Re: Make-up Brushes (Thread 21)
« Reply #299 on: November 22, 2014, 02:56:18 pm »
Planning to buy a make up brush set. what's the best make up brush for someone who's just starting to learn? should be something that isn't too expensive pero sulit. how much is the RT set in the ramp?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close