Author Topic: define SOSYAL  (Read 29593 times)

teal_rayy

• GirlTalker
Re: define SOSYAL
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2015, 07:02:26 pm »
A clean, pretty, and eloquent woman with good bearing cannot be termed as sosyal if she can't afford nice things.  She would just be well mannered and probably educated well by her parents.  Most women mentioned here come from good families with old money kaya they act a certain way.  Can't blame Marian for her background, she is who she is because of her background.  No one can't blame her for flaunting what she has too, kanya kanyang trip siya diba?  ::)

mebpa

• GirlTalker
« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2015, 05:12:49 pm »
exudes an aura of confidence and grace. not really having to wear/use expensive clothes/things. simple jeans and shirt can look expensive with them. not necessarily English-speaking.
"If you can't handle me at my worst, then you don't deserve me at my best.”

Pink_Sugar

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2015, 11:54:22 am »
Naalala ko tuloy yung medical director namin na nasa early 50's, single sya, malalim sya mag tagalog pero ang sosyal ng aura ni madam, hindi show off ang dating nya pag nakita namin mag rounds unlike the others. Medyo strikta at maselan, ayaw nya ng super iingay na mga nurses sa station at yung medyo blonde na buhok sa mga nurses, Super ayaw nya. Lol

barcode

• GirlTalker
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2015, 01:06:34 pm »
I know someone, FA sya. grabe kahit anong ipasuot mo sakanya gumaganda yung damit. Pati ba naman pambahay lang? Haha.

Once we attended a wedding, so syempre naka aayos naman kaming lahat at naka gown. Pero nung duamting sya parang feeling ko naging alalay yung itsura namen. Super sosyal nya talaga. Haha.  ;D

So for me nasa nagdadala, and tama si sis mebpa, confidence.

tainted_canvas

• GirlTalker
« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2015, 02:07:32 am »
If you have to ask, you are not it.
don't be reckless with other people's hearts and don't put up with people who are reckless with yours.

khaleesiCersei

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2015, 03:05:03 am »
For me yun pagiging sosyal nasa character. Yun they have this aura na classy. Hindi mayabang, hindi maarte or flashy at hindi palengkera hehe. Yes they have expensive taste and it shows, pero hindi pinagkakalandakan, alam mo yun? Simple na malakas ang dating.

deiz

• GirlTalker
  • Dream Big and be Patient. Your time will come.
« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2015, 11:49:16 pm »
Para sa akin yung hindi magaslaw gumalaw. Yung tama lang tumawa, hindi palengkera kung makipagusap at namimili ng sasabihin. Kahit mura lang ang damit, makikita mo na magandang tignan yung combination ng mga damit nya. Hindi nagka-clash.

ataypool

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2015, 10:06:58 am »
Kaya nga you don't need the expensive things kung hindi ka naman marunong magdala ng damit and accessories. Case in point: Ruffa Mae Quinto, Jinky Pacquiao, bloggers Fashionpulis and Ch-va-n----.

FayeP

• mom of three boys and a princess
  • Super GirlTalker
  • life's good! praise the Lord!
« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2015, 04:48:30 am »
meron kami dating officemate dito, 40s na siya, may kaya talaga family nila may chain of pizza houses sila dito sa metro...ibang iba ang aura niya....kala mo talaga orig lahat ng gamit niya hanggang isang araw sinabi niya samin na mix un mga gamit nya, may mga orig, meron din hindi, kunyari shoes nya from CLN, top from tiangge, jeans from Guess, tapos fake bag from Gucci, tapos alahas at make up...di mo mahahalata kasi iba nga siya magdala...
"The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."
                                     -Psalm 18:2

Yula

• Lurker
  • Junior GirlTalker
    • RU Affliates
« Reply #109 on: December 13, 2015, 03:03:22 pm »
For me ang sosyal wala sa material things.  Nasa papano dalhin ng babae yung sarili nya.
- Meron mga babae NASA aura talaga as in yung pagiging social. Effortless! kahit basic lang ang suot
- Nasa pagsasalita (ex. Maricar Reyes, Angel Aquino, Daphne)
- Yung kayang pagmukang sosyal yung mga accessories,damit, bag, at shoes kahit yun pala sa tiangge lang galing
- Para sakin wala sa skin color. Basta makinis at malinis tignan.
- Hmm hindi kelangan hindi makabasag pinggan.  Basta nasa attitude and behavior
- actually isang indicator para sakin yun choice nila sa perfume (kahit hindi original). Iba para sakin amoy nung trip ng wealthy people.
- wala sa kung marami syang cash on hand or kung palaging naka credit card. Basta nakakabayad haha
- marunong mag adjust sa level ng kausap hindi pinaparamdam na inferior sa kanila kausap nila

;)

Some people can be mean and treat you poorly. Don't take it personally. It says nothing about you but a lot about them

reighnyielle

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2015, 08:28:59 am »
Having class is not about the brand of clothes you wear, type of gadgets you have, how big your closet is, etc. For me, it's how you carry yourself. The way you talk, act, and express yourself says a lot about what kind of environment you were raised in. You can be wearing pieces of clothing from ukay, but if you can carry it with class and a touch of sophistication, then it shouldn't matter. I remember Liz Uy's revelation that she buys clothes from ukay before and she's not afraid to reveal it. True class for me is learning to admit that not all your clothes are branded and being okay with it. True class for me is having that aura that screams quiet confidence, a kind of aura that radiates from within and captivates people.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 09:56:24 am by reighnyielle »
If you can't accept me at my worst then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

junetwentythree

• San Franciscan at heart, Brooklynite in attitude, Manhattanite in mind
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Hammie is our angel..she's watching us from heaven
« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2015, 09:28:07 am »
Who are we kidding?

Sa Pilipinas, ang "sosyal" ang yung may pera. Yung may driver, yung mga bag designer at kung magsalita ay pa-ingles. Sa Pilipinas lang naman uso ang "sosyal." So we can kid ourselves all we want with these idealistic views that "sosyal" means something more than materialistic possessions -- but really that's what it is.

Bagluvah

• GirlTalker
    • The Beauty Krew
« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2016, 12:08:09 am »
Si Maricar Reyes, Heart E. and Lucy Torres sosyal for me. The way they act, talk, dress up ibang iba.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 12:10:18 am by Bagluvah »
Please follow, like and subscribe to my YouTube channel, I feature a variety of video tutorial compilations for all things beauty: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCru1TmJA1EwwH8YWzdjEEiA

INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/thebeautykrew/

mimiku

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #113 on: February 10, 2016, 01:03:42 am »
A social butterfly is someone who regularly goes to parties, well-known for their gregarious and lavish lifestyle. I think people usually interchange classy to "sosyal".

You can be "sosyal" but not classy.

Having a lot of money can make you more "sosyal" because definitely you have better means to afford an expensive lifestyle.

Mikee C exhibit both. Although I must say leaning more to the classy side. Sosyal because she could afford the lavishness ( although I rarely see her gracing parties and all that jazz). She's the epitome of natural class. Why? Because she speaks well, exudes an educated and a refined character.

On the otherhand, Gretchen can be considered as the "sosyal "one but definitely lacks class. She is a very good example that money can't buy class or even cover up thrash (sorry I'm being mean but it's true).

OT- I agree with the ladies here that some people can wear the most expensive clothes but still couldn't exude class while there are those who can manage to reflect it even if they wear the cheapest clothes. I guess it all comes within. For me, my own definition of class is someone who speaks and writes not only well but delivers sense. As I said, someone who gives off that refined vibe.
Veritas nunquam perit.

Berrycherry03

« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2016, 10:42:46 pm »
For me being "sosyal" is natural.. kahit anong ipasuot mo at wala masyadong effort, but still mukha pa din syang sosyal, neat at mabango..

There are people kasi who are trying hard to be sosyal, like wearing expensive jewelries,clothes etc.. but in the end, di pa din sila mukhang sosyal.. feeling lang nila..

But being sosyal  doesnt matter, as long as you have a good heart, carry na yun..

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close