Author Topic: Kasambahay Law Part 2  (Read 26619 times)

wave

• GirlTalker
Re: Kasambahay Law Part 2
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2014, 05:35:59 pm »
hi mga sis.  kailangan ba talaga na NSO copy yung birth certificate na isusubmit para makakuha ng SSS number?  kasi yung yaya ko 5 yung anak so meaning kailangan ko sya ikuha ng NSO copy ng birth cert at lahat ng anak nya para maisama nya as dependents?  pati marriage cert NSO copy rin ba since hindi na maiden name ang gamit nya ngayon? 

TIA

lan_cooper

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2014, 05:01:53 pm »
Yeah kailangan ng NSO

wave

• GirlTalker
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2014, 05:49:17 pm »
haaaay ang mahal naman pag ganun.  ok lang sana kung magtatagal.  pero wala naman choice kung hindi sumunod =(

mama7

• GirlTalker
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2014, 06:54:52 pm »
dapat ba talagang i-kuha ng SSS ang mga helper? kami ba magbabayad non o dapat siya kasi sa kanya naman yon? paano kasi kung kagaya sa amin di naman kami mayaman o ma-pera,sakto lang rin..kukuha lang kami ng helper dahil talagang kailangan lang? ako nga walang SSS tapos siya meron

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2014, 08:52:12 pm »
^matagal nang requirement yang may SSS ang helper.

stameygirl

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2014, 03:07:09 pm »
Aside from BPI, what other banks allow auto debit of payments of SSS premiums?

ikaela

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Avatar from photographer Rosie Hardy
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2014, 09:56:13 am »
Just to clarify the registering househelp as your employee vs. self-employed in SSS, ang Citizen Services na mismo nagsabi na yes, you can register your kasambahay as self-employed as long as "mapagkasunduan ng both parties na gagawing self-employed ang pagbabayad" -- https://www.facebook.com/citizenservices/photos/a.214337279755.130025.131643699755/10151749787234756/?type=1&comment_id=10402805&offset=0&total_comments=127

You can indicate this agreement on your employment contract. Here's the sample contract from DOLE: http://ncr.dole.gov.ph/fndr/mis/files/sample%20contract.pdf
It could be under number 15. "iba pang kasunduan, kung meron man".

Sabi dun sa isang blog, if a kasambahay has an accident during work at your house, and tries to claim SSS sickness/disability benefits, baka daw hindi siya ma-approve kapag listed siya as self-employed lang. This might be one downside to registering househelp as self-employed instead of an employee, although I really don't see why SSS would not give a paying member his/her rightful benefits regardless of his/her employment status. Can anyone explain this further?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 09:58:42 am by ikaela »

ikaela

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Avatar from photographer Rosie Hardy
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2014, 12:46:40 pm »
Okay, ako na sasagot sa tanong ko. This is what I found out about registering househelp as self-employed/voluntary vs. your employee:

In Pag-Ibig, your househelp has to prove that she can pay off loans in case she does apply for one. Kung self-employed/voluntary, wala siya proof and may be turned down. I guess we can prepare an employment contract and payslips when the need arises -- personally, I would rather do this than the monthly/quarterly/annual reporting. But in the eyes of Pag-Ibig, wala pa rin siya regular source of income because of her not-formally-employed status. She may not be able to qualify for loans, which is what you get her Pag-Ibig for in the first place.

It's the same in SSS for loans. What work is she going to get salary from to pay off her loans? Kung sickness/disability naman, they could say that she can't claim because she's doesn't have an employer -- what work is she taking time off from? The only claims that are in the clear are maternity, death/funeral, and pension if she completes the 120 contributions.

I found out about this because the very same applies to me as a self-employed worker. Maybe it's easier if you have a runner who knows the ins and outs of these institutions. Oh, the bureaucracy.

msals2007

• Senior GirlTalker
    • http://www.myshmyshoppinghaven.multiply.com
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2014, 04:58:39 pm »
Ang hassle naman kasi when it comes to reporting the contributions. My husband has to go to SSS every quarter, and also to Philhealth to submit the report. Di pwede sa kahit saang SSS or Philhealth branch. Dapat talaga sa branch that covers the area where you live. Like kami sa Cainta kami, pero we work in Taguig. Mas malapit sana Philhealth Kapitolyo saka SSS Pasig kasi nadadaanan yun pagpunta ng office, pero hindi kami pwede dun magsubmit. My husband has to go pa to the branch in Cainta. Tapos siyempre weekdays lang pwede. Sana nung ginawa nila yung law na yan pinag isipan na din yung convenience in submitting the reports. Siyempre di naman tayo katulad ng mga companies na may liaison officer na nagdadala ng reports sa SSS, etc.

can_dice

• Junior GirlTalker
    • this is my blog..
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2014, 09:58:45 pm »
Hassle talaga itong SSS and Kasambahay Law but since its the law, we can't do anything about it and just oblige.  I wish there was a law that protects us employers nga eh.. Sigh...
Eavesdrop on my whatever thingies (BLOG), drop by:
http://candishhh.blogspot.com/
http://didimom.blogspot.com

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2014, 06:30:30 am »
Ang ayaw ko reporting them as employees -- they are self-employed --  it will become another handle later on for the BIR.   
(They are very enterprising in looking for ways to shake down people like us who work for our money.  IMO, they are no longer listening to legit defenses to their "findings".   Hamon  agad:  we will throw this to the tax court. Mas malaki babayaran mo don to settle pakiusap. Susko. Harapan.  Oo nga naman, kung si Pacquia kaya nila bloat to such an incredible amt his alleged tax liability.   
 I really hate somebody  there. When I see that person at parties -- I go far far away. Actually, madami na stay away from that person at social gatherings. ).

Going back,  I agree that the  SSS, etc should have made implementing rules that will make it easy for us to comply.   

mama7

• GirlTalker
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2014, 06:11:37 pm »
Di ko na ba kailangan kuha ng sss/philhealth si helper kung part timer lang siya?sabi niya ayaw niya ng ganon kung siya rin ang magbabayad.di rin naman daw siya sure kung lagi siya may trabaho.

mondimonds

• Junior GirlTalker
  • ASTRID + ATREYU
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2015, 01:28:33 pm »
Sorry, question...the helpers are entitled to 5 days leave with pay, this doesn't mean naman na they need to take it in one go diba?  pwede staeggered din ang leave nila na to?  Ang hassle kasi, parang hubby and I will have to take leave alternately para lang maka pag leave sya.  I mean it's okay naman pero sana hindi yung tipong 1 week straight taalaga mawawala? Can anyone enlighten me on this?
My life in Instagram: http://instagram.com/mondeebee#

gwyne21

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2015, 01:43:34 pm »
^I think sis dapat approved mo din yung days ng leave nila...meaning napag-agreehan nyo yung mga araw na pwede sila mag-avail ng paid leave. kasi sa office/work nga, kapag vacation leave, subject for approval din yun ng boss di ba?

mondimonds

• Junior GirlTalker
  • ASTRID + ATREYU
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2015, 03:22:47 pm »
thanks sis...I guess ganon na nga lang gagawin ko.
My life in Instagram: http://instagram.com/mondeebee#

zxcvb

« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2015, 04:21:58 pm »
Hi everyone, I have questions regarding the retroactive pay and penalties.  I understand that for helpers that have been with us for a long time, we have to pay for the penalties.

For SSS, the starting year for the required payments was 1997, is that right?

The problem is, I don't know what the starting years are for Pag-ibig and PhilHealth.  I searched but nothing comes up.  Does anyone know?  Thank you in advance!

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close