watch now

Author Topic: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 6  (Read 241480 times)

etra.ph

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 6
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2013, 01:12:40 pm »
^mga sis we're referring to different products.
okay disclaimer (I want to be totally honest), I sell these products here sa amin, but BEFORE I sold these I was a user. Actually yun nga ang rason bakit ko siya gusto itinda nun.

I am no longer using it kasi gusto ko magswitch to organic (which is proving to be difficult aargh.)
I am referring to what almost every seller calls it: "Local Obagi Set"
The set contains 2 creams, 1 sunblock, 1 toner and 1 astringent.

I think kaya Local Obagi ang pinangalan ay dahil inspired ito by a set of the real Obagi.

sis gurlygirltoo yes dami ring creams itong set na sinasabi ko but for me, naging maganda ang result.

Cons of the set:
  • ~at least 3 days VISIBLE peeling. (Ginamit ko siya nung sembreak namin)
  • ~applying the astringent sometimes hurts like hell  :-[
  • ~will darken/redden face especially for the first week, pero babalik rin naman sa dati..
  • ~may or may not have purging stage.. pero minsan, ang masaklap eh kala mo purging stage lang, yun pala di ka hiyang  >:(
  • ~not organic (pro-organic talaga ako)
  • ~madaming manufacturers kaya nakakalito kung saan ang talagang effective
  • ~ANDAMING ilalagay bago matulog bwiset. haha
  • bfad approved naman.

Pros:
  • ~nawala talaga pimples ko and nagfade mga pimple marks.
  • ~there's a glow to the face. tinitingnan ko mga pics ko nun and I kinda hate myself for stopping. haha
  • ~madami ring ibang feedbacks na pwedeng pagbasehan

Undecided pro/con:
  • ~has hydroquinone
  • ~has retinoic acid(this is the ingredient that causes peeling. actually maganda ang retinoic acid, diba kasi ito lang talaga yung proven na working 'anti-aging' agent. kaso ayoko pa sanang simulan to dahil bata pa ako,( and see organic point.) hehe
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 01:38:11 pm by etra.ph »

wifeynikawin

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 6
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2013, 01:35:17 pm »
i had acne before since high school pako at andami ko na na try na gamot. but when i tried taking althea pills, nawala na as in clear na face ko. napansin ko lessened yung oily-ness at redness. 3 months lang i stopped to rest. basta effective siya sa akin. of course dapat with the doctor's advice kasi hindi para sa lahat ang pills at me side effect din like worsened varicose veins etc.

mkga

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 6
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2013, 01:47:19 pm »
Since March this year, I started getting zits at talaga dumadami sila day by day. I got worried and consulted an OB last Friday. I was diagnosed with PCOS, thus the pimples. If you are suffering from persistent pimples, these might be triggered by hormonal imbalance and just like me, PCOS. So I suggest you visit an OB to get checked early para ma-treat agad.

guiding star

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 6
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2013, 02:06:14 pm »
Sis, you used the REGIMEN for 5 years?

UPDATE: june 14 ,2013. 100% Clear na ulit because the weather is returning back to normal. The summer heat gave me whiteheads sa nose and oiliness.

Mga sissies I strongly suggest you try the acne.org regimen (www.acne.org) . It has kept me clear for almost 5 years. You dont necessarily have to buy his products. You can buy benzoyl peroxide in our local drugstores. Benzac is the best substitute since its mild and doesnt contain alcohol like panoxyl. But our drug stores only carry Benzac 5%, its effective but can be irritating for beginners. You can do a search for benzac in Sulit website and look for a local seller for the preferred Benzac 2.5%.


trendy

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 6
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2013, 09:34:00 pm »
i have yet to try rosehip oil. pero for now, try ko egyptian magic cream, heard a lot of raves about it.

cottondoll

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 6
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2013, 09:55:54 pm »
ACV works for me. At first, I diluted it in water and used it as I would a toner but then I got impatient and just used pure ACV as spot treatment, okay siya. Naddry niya yung mga what would have been really big pimples ko, yun nga lang it leaves scars pa rin but nothing a concealer can't solve. So my face still looks clear-ish.

I also stay away from too much wind sa jeep (since I commute everyday). Dun ako sa likod ng driver umuupo always para konti lang yung dirt na masagap ko, well, relatively hahaha!

viellemacey

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 6
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2013, 10:25:12 pm »
when i was high school until college i have acne, mostly sa cheeks, cystic and painful. on and off yun. due to hormonal imbalance ( i guess?? ) then i discover tretinoin. i tried it nung graduate na ko kasi hassle yung peeling. in just 2 months nagclear face ko. pero itinigil ko when i got pregnant. gosh super acne covered face ako. hindi talaga ko lumalabas ng bahay especially during my 1st and 2nd trimester. but when i gave birth already nawala yung acne ko. marks na lang yung naiwan. minsan i still get some, 2-3 small zits pero hindi naman cystic. right now i don't use anything kasi breastfeeding kami ni baby. but i'm planning to go back to tret once baby is no longer breastfeeding kasi maganda effect ng tret sakin, kahit white/blackheads nawawala talaga. major problem ko lang i have some dents sa cheeks

dec212012

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 6
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2013, 11:44:55 am »
hi sis... im using now yung rejuvenating set i bought online. sa morning, i use kojic soap, rejuvenating toner (parang astringent cya) then sunblock gel. Then sa night, kojic soap, rejuvanating toner and bleaching cream. the first week was like hell.. ang sakit sa face and super mega ga-flakes ang pagbabalat ng face ko. then the 2nd week, super kinis na ng face ko.. as in kahit hindi ako magpowder maganda tignan. pati mga pimple marks ko naglighten..

etra.ph

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 6
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2013, 12:48:07 pm »
^best seller nga po namin yan eh. kaso I think dapat i-maintain mo po yan kasi di ba may Retinoic Acid yan as ingredient

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 6
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2013, 09:17:59 pm »
I've been experiencing really bad breakout the past 2 months or so -and I think I found the problem! My skin may have been really dehydrated due to my use of maxipeel to get rid of my blemishes.

Last weekend I felt another cystic pimple growing on my chin and I had 2-3 small but painful pimples also on my chin. I tried the "make your own face mask" by soaking a dry face mask with hada lado's superhyaluronic lotion + SKII facial treatment essence. I left it onmy face til the mask went dry. The next day, the small pimples were gone and my cystic pimple subsided. So happy! Since then I've been going thru the whole routine to double cleanse, apply lotion, apply essence and lastly moisturizer. No pimple outbreaks at all!

I've also been taking my supplements again - 1000mg vit c, 500mg zinc, and alpha lipoic acid.

etra.ph

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 6
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2013, 09:36:09 pm »
^500mg zinc?? isn't that way above the recommended dosage?

viellemacey

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 6
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2013, 09:41:02 pm »
^^sis 500mg zinc? nabasa ko sa other thread na 50mg of zinc ang reco and if you exceed you have to take copper na.

littlekinselle

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 6
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2013, 08:16:22 pm »
I changed my regimen ni try ko yung ginagamit ng friend ko, I got it from online store and  wala pang one week kong ginagamit pero thankful kasi di ako tinubuan ng zits. :) ang hapdi sa una and redish talaga face ko  sana mawala yung  dark spots before ako umuwi ng pinas hehe

etra.ph

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 6
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2013, 09:15:58 pm »
^share sis. what was it? :)

littlekinselle

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 6
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2013, 01:52:01 am »
^ sis skin-aholic facial set gamit ko update ko kung mawawala yung pimple marks ko.. so far napansin ko pa lang parang ng lumiit pores ko.. btw di ako nag bebenta ha baka akalain ng iba nag bebenta ako   NO po!. :)

paloma

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 6
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2013, 03:03:15 am »
Hi sisses! May nakatry na ba sa inyo nung Dr. Perricone Skin Clear Supplement? Parang yun ang gusto ko itry para mag clear ang face ko from pimples and pimple marks. Baka may nakatry na share naman kayo ng feedback. TIA! :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 03:06:56 am by paloma »

aravn22

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 6
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2013, 09:55:14 am »
hi! may nakatry na po ba ng acne treatment sa skintrends? sabi kasi no downtime, no evidence daw na prinick. i have only one rest day kasi from work kaya sana minimal ang downtime. thanks in advance.

cloudzy_09

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 6
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2013, 10:11:29 am »
May naka pag try na ba sa inyo ng proactive set? Effective ba?

viellemacey

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 6
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2013, 10:42:37 am »
^burnt my face like hell :-/ i guess it was too strong for me. i can't even tolerate the "hapdi" feeling.

beautywhite

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 6
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2013, 01:13:46 pm »
May naka pag try na ba sa inyo ng proactive set? Effective ba?

 pang severe acne naman yata ito talaga.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close