watch now

Author Topic: Korea (Thread 8)  (Read 83005 times)

sdee

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #460 on: August 27, 2013, 04:35:24 pm »
^thanks sis, sana magrant visa asa itinerary din namin ang nami pwede kaya kami mag papicture sa mga touristas din doon? hehe

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #461 on: August 27, 2013, 09:37:52 pm »
@cream_puff11, I know right? haha! last time we were there, september so di ko naramdaman ang lamig. OK lang kasi last time, nasa Jpaan kami first week of march so parang ganun lang din siguro yung lamig hahaha!
pinagbigyan ko lang si h2b sa seoul kasi pinagbigyan nya ako sa europe lols!

we we're actuallt thinking of booking japan on the same date but wala ng promo fare sa cebupac so seoul it is! sa PAL na alng ako mag-book ng tokyo haha!

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #462 on: August 27, 2013, 09:44:29 pm »
@sdee-erratic na ang world weather.. Last Nov I was in Seoul 25-28, wala ngang snow pa but umaabot na ng - 6 yung temp. Snow is not much of an indicator of coldness. Mas malala ang wind factor.  I'm in Seoul mostly spring and Autumn/winter so kabisado ko na weather dun.  This coming Nov, my trip is from 9-13 so lampasan lang tayo ng biyahe by a day.  ;)  When I was sent for training at Gimpo Airport before, mid-Dec na no snow din but that was a few years back. The recent years snow comes around Dec and minsan till early April in some parts. Last 2012, 1st week of Dec right after I left, snow fell already. My November Seoul trip without snow was colder than my Beijing trip just this March with snow.

Claim day tomorrow for our passports. Still excited for this trip even if it's my nth time there.  1st time to stay at Myeongdong. I usually stay at Gangnam (along Yeoksam) or my last trip,  at Unseo in Incheon. Our airline company houses us before at Renaissance. Now,  they book the staff at Hyatt Incheon. My hubby's airline naman billets them at a hotel in Unseo para near the airport. Maiba naman ngayon para closer to shopping areas.

SOFIEMAE

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #463 on: August 27, 2013, 09:55:03 pm »

wala  (na kong naabutan , sawi na naman ako, huuu :'(

pg ng promo ulit keshodang mahal sya GO na ko talaga

Sis ang airasia sale pa from mla to icn, travel date is from oct to dec 2013 ang mura lang lalo na pag november nasa 6K rountrip na kaso may naka pag try naba sainyo mga sis ng airasia (zestair)?

Halee

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #464 on: August 28, 2013, 10:29:26 am »

Yong Korean officemate nakapagtry na sa zestair last June 2013. OK naman daw parang cebupac rin lang.

As early as mid of November 2012 nagsnow na outside Seoul (within Daejeon) Andon kase yong 1 kong friend.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 10:54:40 am by Halee »

sdee

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #465 on: August 28, 2013, 10:45:48 am »
theflygirl: oo nga sis mag kalapit ang travel dates natin, we will be staying in namsan guesthouse (if marelease na ang visa) haha

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #466 on: August 28, 2013, 11:08:35 am »
@sdee-We are contemplating on booking either at Metro Hotel or Ninetree..magkabilang sides ng Myeongdong. :)

SOFIEMAE

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #467 on: August 28, 2013, 12:59:47 pm »
Yong Korean officemate nakapagtry na sa zestair last June 2013. OK naman daw parang cebupac rin lang.

thank sis :)

Thanks for this nalaman ko na air asia flies to Incheon na pala

yup, because nag merge na sila ng zestair pero zestair pa rin yung ticket :)

mga sis ask ko lang hindi ba mahirap mag apply ng visa ang isang government employee? tapos kasama pa niya yung daughter niya and 2 weeks sila mag stay... ma grant kaya sila ng visa? TIA sa magrereply :)

ayami

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #468 on: August 29, 2013, 05:00:06 am »
hi, san okay na cheap and convenient hostel sa seoul? preferably 1,700 pesos and below rate per day? thanks!

Try mo yung Seoul Backpackers. http://www.seoulbackpackers.com
Dito kami nagstay ni hubby last 2011. Ok naman quite decent. Yun lang may stairs siya at kelangan mong iakyat yung luggage mo para makarating sa reception area. Tapos stairs ulit para makarating sa rooms. Bawal din ata dalhin ang bagahe sa kwarto, iniwan lang namin dun sa may reception area e. Tingin ko mura na yan tsaka ambilis magpa-book. Ay, tinawagan ko pala sila nung nandun kami. One night before ako nakapagpareserve.

travelling_daisy

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #469 on: August 29, 2013, 11:30:32 am »
@ sdee and flygirl: Magkakalapit ang travel dates natin. :)

We're leaving Nov 6-10 for Seoul. I checked the historical temp at accuweather, it will be at 2 - 13C by then. OMG, ang lamig! I need to get some thermals na and I need to buy a pair of boots too. Any suggestions where? I also need to look for thermals for the kids...  :-\

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #470 on: August 29, 2013, 01:59:59 pm »
@travelling_daisy-I bought my chocolate brown UGGs type boots at Marks and Spencers here last year for less than P2k. Nasulit ko na usage sa Seoul last year and Beijing this year. I asked my Aussie aunt who'll be travelling with us to Seoul to buy me a pair of gray or black UGGs, this time long naman. I'll get a pair of leather ones na lang at Myeongdong Underground when I arrive para may alternative. =)  I use the heat-thingie inner wear and bubble jackets from uniqlo. Got my beret and gloves at M&S din before but my ear muffs (the behind the neck flat type) I bought at Lotte Mart for $3 only. They have Pororo  and some Disney character muffs, too. Although they're being sold all over the city esp dongdaemun etc iba kasi too furry na for my liking

travelling_daisy

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #471 on: August 29, 2013, 03:28:17 pm »
^thanks for the reco, sis.

I am actually going to get the heatech inner wear from Uniqlo. I hope they'll have sizes for the kids too. Parang wala kase ako makitang thermal wear for kids. Halos pang adults yung meron. I checked Debenhams, Zara and Gap last year but they only have the jackets, ear muffs and gloves, no inner wear.

I'll check M&S again next month if they have boots...

Thanks! :)

ketchup22

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #472 on: August 30, 2013, 02:25:16 pm »
I bought 2 Heattech longsleeved innerwear from Uniqlo from during sale. Parang minus 200 pesos each dati. I was not satisfied with the quality. Ang bilis magka butas and ang nipis lang talaga. I tried wearing that as pajama last December at home. But it's not that warm.

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #473 on: August 30, 2013, 04:08:52 pm »
Will be in SoKor end of February. I've been there once before and I had a great time, so I'm looking forward to this next trip. :) Been to Pyeongchang na, so will be staying in Seoul na lang this time. Deciding kung Hongdae, Myeongdong, or Itaewon kami hahanap ng accommodation.

a_recruitment

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #474 on: August 30, 2013, 08:47:00 pm »
got our visas this afternoon  ;D grabe, muntik pa kami di umabot sa cut-off time. we arrived 3:55PM na, buti na lang mabait ang mga guards and inassist talaga kami  :)

1st time ko mag-korea, i'm so excited!!!  :D 

cartman

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #475 on: August 30, 2013, 11:49:20 pm »
just wanna share na approved visa namen 3 kame. multiple visa saken yun kanila single entry lang :)
hindi ko ni expect yun perst time ko mag apply hehe ang swerte ko daw sabi nung guard sa labas
ni ask nya ako kung me US visa ako sabi ko wala swerte daw ako hehe

sdee

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #476 on: August 31, 2013, 08:49:14 am »
WOW! sis cartman swerte, ang daming firstimer na na grantan ng visa sana yung samin din hehe!!

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #477 on: August 31, 2013, 11:32:48 am »
^^ same tayo sis, first time din namin ni hubby mag-apply nung May. 3yrs multiple binigay sa amin. :)

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #478 on: August 31, 2013, 03:36:27 pm »
Booked our rooms at Metro Hotel in Myeongdong last night. Got the confirmation email right away. Decided to book there instead of Ninetree for the inclusive breakfast. There are tons of restos surrounding the hotel but my dad prefers the room w/ bfast thingie and taking things slow in the morning than hurrying up and out with an empty stomach. LOL Will now be closer to Euljiro (1)ga station than Myeongdong stn.

Hope it lives up to its value-for-money rep and #3 spot in tripadvisor. Will try The Grand Hotel next time. Newly opened, kaso not as accessible as the other hotels in the area.

oshiawase

  • Guest
Re: Korea (Thread 8)
« Reply #479 on: September 01, 2013, 08:51:19 am »
just wanna share na approved visa namen 3 kame. multiple visa saken yun kanila single entry lang :)
hindi ko ni expect yun perst time ko mag apply hehe ang swerte ko daw sabi nung guard sa labas
ni ask nya ako kung me US visa ako sabi ko wala swerte daw ako hehe

what type of visa did you apply for?

sa mga nag apply na dito, kailangan ba applicant mismo yung magsusubmit sa embassy ng visa application?

Sunday lang kasi ako may time at ang layo ng Makati sakin so baka ipasubmit ko na lang. Pwede kaya ito? O kailangan pa ng authorization letter?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close