Author Topic: Overseas Brides (part 2)  (Read 64998 times)

Maxim04

  • Guest
Re: Overseas Brides (part 2)
« Reply #240 on: June 23, 2015, 07:53:37 am »
^Actually the earlier eh mas maganda. Opinion lang sis. Para kung lets say October ka nagpasukat, by May eh collect mo na ang gown. Parang malaking bawas na yun sa worries mo kasi nasa iyo na ang gown :)

mamey

  • Guest
Re: Overseas Brides (part 2)
« Reply #241 on: June 23, 2015, 11:54:19 am »
^korek sis the earlier the better. Our wedding day is on July 18 2015, I went to take my measurements last Nov 2014 then 1st fitting is March then last fitting is May. Now this week my gown is ready for pick up :)

Maxim04

  • Guest
Re: Overseas Brides (part 2)
« Reply #242 on: June 23, 2015, 03:41:05 pm »
^ay congrats sis mamey! Bawas "tink" ! Hahaha

anneshirley

  • Guest
Re: Overseas Brides (part 2)
« Reply #243 on: June 23, 2015, 06:50:10 pm »
Good point sis Maxim04! Sige diet and exercise mode on na ako hahaha

Sis mamey yay ang lapit na!!!

Maxim04

  • Guest
Re: Overseas Brides (part 2)
« Reply #244 on: June 23, 2015, 07:31:37 pm »
^hehe kaya nga sis, if i could turn back time, maaga ako magpapasukat.  ;)

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Overseas Brides (part 2)
« Reply #245 on: June 24, 2015, 07:47:19 am »
tama ang mga previous brides-to-be natin sis :D The earlier the better :D Ako yata ang pinaka maagang may gown na hehe.  My church wedding is next year, June 2016.  Pero I had my gown last month pa.  Supposedly kasi eh next year ko po makukuha yung gown ko (btw, mine is RTW) pero since I moved to a different country, kaya I had to ask David's bridal to order it earlier.  Para madala ko.  :D Kaya yun.  Ang nakaka praning naman pag super aga ka nagkaron ng gown eh di na ako pwedi tumaba hehe. :D But if you're gown is custom made, then it's alright.  :D  Mine is a different story heheehe. 

anneshirley

  • Guest
Re: Overseas Brides (part 2)
« Reply #246 on: June 24, 2015, 12:33:35 pm »
Thanks sis bonzaigirl! I saw in another thread na you just got civilly married - congratulations!!!  :-* Re; bawal na tumaba, just think of that as a perk of getting a dress early (extra motivation lang haha)

I was going through the David's Bridal website looking for dress ideas and super cheap nga (Vera Wang RTW dresses for less than USD1K!)!!! Unfortunately there's no way to try on and gone are the days na hanger lang ang katawan ko and kahit ano damit pwede hahaha

But really happy na you've got that stress point (dress hunting) out of the way and focus on your new life with then-boyfriend-now-hubby!

ghelyn30

  • Guest
Re: Overseas Brides (part 2)
« Reply #247 on: June 25, 2015, 02:59:10 pm »
Hello sissies pasali sa thread na ito!

I am December 2016 Caleruega Bride.
Both of us overseas, we're here now in UAE.

As of now, booked na namin yung mga major suppliers, then ipon ulit hehe!

Happt preps mga sissies! =)

120515

  • Guest
Re: Overseas Brides (part 2)
« Reply #248 on: August 05, 2015, 10:55:18 am »
^ hi briana elyss, welcome to gt! the documents for weddings in ph require at least a 6-month validity so you can only start gathering them around december :)

are you having a catholic wedding? if so, i suggest that you and your fiance set up a date when he can come home to have the pre-cana seminar required by the church. for me, this is the most important thing that you have to get as it has an impact on your marriage itself and gives you both a chance to discuss really difficult topics.

lourd3ss

  • Guest
Re: Overseas Brides (part 2)
« Reply #249 on: August 05, 2015, 11:37:21 am »
Hi everyone. Overseas bride here as well. Can I just say that getting married in the Philippines is a challenge in and of itself?! Grabe pahirapan sa pagkuha ng requirements. I live in Canada and the fiancé lives in the States (yes LDR works!) and getting the requirements while living away from each other is hard! So thank God for my future mother in law who has been helping us so much with our wedding planning. I even feel like she needs to start her own wedding coordination company after we get married because she is so patient, knowledgeable, and organized. I can't even count the number of wedding/bridal fairs she has attended since the beginning of the year to help us scout for suppliers. She is straight up awesome!
Anyway, I'm planning to fly to Manila 2.5-3 weeks in advance so hopefully that's enough time to finally meet with our suppliers and finalize all the details to our wedding.

Happy planning everyone!

rienny25

  • Guest
Re: Overseas Brides (part 2)
« Reply #250 on: August 05, 2015, 01:33:07 pm »
Hi sis Briana Elyss :)  120515 is right.  Docs are only valid for 6 months except for the Marriage license which is valid for 120 days only.  I would suggest you check with your Church din if 6 months validity din ang pre-cana seminar.  Some are lenient but ours advised na at least 6 months before our wedding daw.  So we'll be flying to Manila in Feb and will stay there for a week to run wedding errands such as seminars, docs, & final FT, etc. 

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Overseas Brides (part 2)
« Reply #251 on: August 05, 2015, 04:08:54 pm »
Hi sis lourdes :) I agree with you LDR works :) I used to live in London, and hubby lives in the US. Now we've been civilly wed for a month hehe. Good luck in your wedding preps. 

Girls, please be wary when getting full time coordination, or just about when you're getting any suppliers.  I just read a post in facebook, that was confirmed here about a coordinator who ran away with the couple's money. It's on the OTD Coordinator's page here's the link:  http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,289556.260.html

Nakakawa yung couple. So let this be a lesson to us as well.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Overseas Brides (part 2)
« Reply #252 on: August 05, 2015, 04:19:04 pm »
Paranoid din tuloy my friend na based here because of this issue.

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Overseas Brides (part 2)
« Reply #253 on: August 05, 2015, 04:26:35 pm »
^I know how she feels, sis bellev2_g, first thing in the morning, I'm going to go and verify all the deposits we made.  Nakakatakot talaga. Hindi basta basta pinupulot ang pera, all the bank shifts, and extra jobs, overtime pay.  But sabi nga nung newlywed na husband, kikitain nila yung pera, but the experience... :( it's so sad talaga.

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: Overseas Brides (part 2)
« Reply #254 on: August 05, 2015, 09:39:04 pm »
Nakakalungkot talaga nung nabasa ko yan. Overseas din kami nung wedding preps. Nung una nastress ako maghanap ng venue nag suggest husband ko partial coord daw or full na pero gusto ko talaga hands on ako. Malaki din help ng families ko runner ko sila taga down payment. Mahirap ipagkatiwala pag pera na pinaguusapan

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Overseas Brides (part 2)
« Reply #255 on: August 06, 2015, 12:44:35 am »
^ parehas tayo sis shygirlme, yung mum ko yung taga deposit ko hehe. 

asifbymagic

  • Guest
Re: Overseas Brides (part 2)
« Reply #256 on: August 06, 2015, 12:57:52 am »
San ka sa London sis bonzaigirl? I'm settled na rin dito sa London and h2b is in Manila so agree ako sa inyo na LDR works hehe.

Tanong ko lang kung may kakilala ba kayo na may british passport but got married in the Philippines? British kasi yung passport ko and may requirement to get an affidavit to marry sa Phil embassy sa Manila. I made an appointment in October kasi uuwi for a week to do wedding preps pero I'm not sure kung may expiry ba yun since I'm getting married in April 2016. Hindi kasi nagrereply Phil embassy, eh nung May pa ako nagemail sa kanina at hindi run sila sumasagot sa phone!  >:(

zyrakriz

  • Guest
Re: Overseas Brides (part 2)
« Reply #257 on: August 07, 2015, 01:10:23 am »
anyone here from abu dhabi, UAE? meron ba dito available na affordable na magtatahi ng gown. ang hirap pag sa pinas pa. my wedding is on april 2016. hope someone can help me

bonzaigirl

  • Guest
Re: Overseas Brides (part 2)
« Reply #258 on: August 07, 2015, 03:13:20 am »
San ka sa London sis bonzaigirl? I'm settled na rin dito sa London and h2b is in Manila so agree ako sa inyo na LDR works hehe.

I used to live in East Dulwich zone 2, its near King's College, now I'm based in the US, but I may come back next year. Hehehhe. Naku sis, I tried to reach Phil Embassy before but to no avail, nung may makasagot wala din syang naitulong sa akin kasi hindi din daw nya alam 😕😕 .  Ang alam ko may hihingin na certificate na you are free to marry.  Sa embassy ng country mo sa Pinas, or if wala daw embassy dun eh sa dfa. Sabi nung friend ko, nahirapan daw yung ate nya kumuha. Maybe it's better to go na lang sa Phil Embassy jan para lang magtanung.

anneshirley

  • Guest
Re: Overseas Brides (part 2)
« Reply #259 on: August 09, 2015, 12:19:34 am »
To HK-based brides or brides currently visiting HK, try to check out I-Primo Rings (TST or Causeway Bay) this weekend. Their designs vary from subtle to flashy, dainty to architectural plus they're slashing prices till tomorrow.

Here's their site: http://www.iprimo.hk/en/

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close