Author Topic: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)  (Read 118544 times)

MedChic

  • Guest
Re: A newbie boracay bride 2014
« Reply #140 on: December 05, 2013, 05:37:27 pm »
Hello sis! Congratulations! Destination weddings like Boracay is so super nice.. I am not a Boracay bride but to help you out, I think you should do a more extensive research about the place. And getting a coordinator will be a big help since both of you are not in the country. Maybe, getting the full service will be the best option since you cannot do hands on.

Happy preps!

iAmMariee

  • Guest
Re: A newbie boracay bride 2014
« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2013, 02:15:09 pm »
Hi sis!

I'm a 2014 Boracay Bride as well, we got Amanda for NSTD.. it all depends on the assistance that you need, like you we are an overseas couple as well.  We booked her partially because I have everything I envisioned for the wedding, I was doing all the communication with the suppliers too, those part of the wedding I want to do myself.  But whatever package you choose, I'm tellin' you, Amanda is worth every penny!

Read on this Boracay Wedding thread.. http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,270076.120.html  - I have learned a lot on this thread so I recommend reading and participating :)

Happy Preps!




imbisibol_

  • Guest
Re: A newbie boracay bride 2014
« Reply #142 on: December 07, 2013, 04:29:03 am »
^ you beat me in posting that link by about an hour and change!  ;)

but also, here's the original 30-page long thread:
http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php?topic=244022.0

soon_2_be mrsL., congratulations on your engagement.  and good luck in the wedding planning.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 04:31:59 am by imbisibol_ »

soon_2_be mrsL.

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #143 on: December 07, 2013, 06:02:22 pm »
@ iamMariee: I am a November 2014 bride 11/11/14 :) I am so thrilled with all the wedding preps. My FI and I decided to go with the full service in the end as both of us are busy with our jobs and we are not really familiar with the wedding suppliers especially in Boracay , plus the legal documents . Too many things to think about. Il make  it sure that I will do some personal touches for the wedding day.

@imbisibol: thanks! We decided to go for shangrila resort as we were impressed with the place, it's privacy plus the 5 star quality of services. We were there last year for a holiday , my bf and I ( we are not yet engaged that time) were just stunned the first time we saw the place. Initially we want to get married in El Nido Palawan or amanpulo or misibis bay but there were other factors we have to consider , how about other guests then who can't afford to stay at these luxury resorts. So we decided to go for Boracay island. My FI and I , we've always wanted a very intimate wedding. He doesn't want other people such as tourists, wandering around at your wedding. So the only place we thought in boracay that could give us a feel of privacy is no other than shangrila resort. We are at the early stage of planning now, contract signed with Amanda,, we are about to sign the contract with the resort. We will have our reception both at the beach and the sagana ballroom. Cocktail drinks & canapés, pictorials , fireworks , drum beaters and fireworks dancers after the ceremony and then we will go for a sit down meal and speeches at the sagana ballroom. That's how we want it to happen and hope it will go smoothly with the planning. If you don't mind me asking, who was your event coordinator at shangrila? Initially it was camille then she referred to Suzanne, I don't know why!
Ceremony, we are undecided whether to have it by the beach or at the church. We are both Catholics, of course our parents wold be happy if we will have it a Catholic Church. At the same time, we also want to have a beach ceremony , having our vows sunset time. I don't know, give me your insight please. We are travelling to boracay early next year , to meet ms Amanda and to see the church ourselves . Hope we can decide by then.
If there's anything you can advice , I would highly appreciate.

chicgurl

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #144 on: December 08, 2013, 05:22:28 pm »
hello everyone... it's been a while since my last post been so busy with work and preps... soo excited.. in less than 4 months big day na..

nigelronny

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #145 on: December 08, 2013, 11:44:05 pm »
@imbisibol_
who was your coordinator from Shangri-La? Did you provide the tall vases of your centerpiece yourself? My coordinator said they don't haave tall vases like yours.

@iAmMariee
Hi! yes I have Amanda, as I prefer Boracay-based suppliers. How's your preps? Who are your suppliers? I will get married a month before you. :)

@fajnadupa
Is Gerard Dacles Boracay-based? What changes in Shangri-La are you referring to?

Post modified. Please keep the thread clutter-free and refrain from quoting long posts.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 10:22:17 am by mama squeak! »

imbisibol_

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #146 on: December 10, 2013, 07:30:47 am »
If you don't mind me asking, who was your event coordinator at shangrila? Initially it was camille then she referred to Suzanne, I don't know why!

Ours was Bernadette Velayo.  Her emaill signature listed her title as "Events Coordinator".  What's the last name of your Suzanne?  I had been hearing about a Suzenne Borra when we were planning in 2012.  If your Suzanne is actually Suzenne Borra, then that might be a level up.  I'm not sure who Camille is, but check for Suzenne's title in her emails to you.  I believe she's an Events Manager which oversees all the event coordinators.

Ceremony, we are undecided whether to have it by the beach or at the church. We are both Catholics, of course our parents wold be happy if we will have it a Catholic Church. At the same time, we also want to have a beach ceremony , having our vows sunset time. I don't know, give me your insight please.

Since you're already planning to have two locations for your reception (beach and Sagana ballroom), why not do the same for the ceremony?  Have your Catholic ceremony in the church and then another blessing by the beach.  Time the beach blessing to your desired sunset (5:30 PM-ish).  You can even choose to let your hair down and exchange your personalized vows during the beach blessing and not during the very hot and very formal Catholic ceremony.

@imbisibol_
who was your coordinator from Shangri-La? Did you provide the tall vases of your centerpiece yourself? My coordinator said they don't haave tall vases like yours.

Shangri-La provided all the vases for our centerpieces.  Unless all the vases broke, were sold, or were disposed of, your coordinator may be misinformed about what they have.  ;)

Ashley Grace

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2013, 03:16:37 am »
@fajnadupa, super thanks!!! konti lang yung mga revisions na pinagaw ni Ms. Jing. :) Printed and delivered today! Whew!!

sweetsexy

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #148 on: January 02, 2014, 09:45:53 am »
Hello everyone. I just had my Boracay wedding 6 days ago, and it was so fun. Destination weddings are the best! Here's a review of my suppliers, if they can be of help to anyone visiting this thread.

1) Videographer- 5/5. Marcelo Tolentino of the Fourth Project
    We developed instant rapport with him, from the time he did our save-the-date in Dec 2012. He's Iloilo-based, and therefore just needed to take the bus.

2) Photographer- 5/5. Amos Bermio of Reality Box.

3) Invitations- 5/5. Written in Ink. Cindy Mesina was very allowing with my numerous revisions, and we were thrilled with the final outcome.

4) Hair & Makeup- 4/5. Victor Ortega was available to do our save-the-date, and he was excellent. But on our actual wedding he was in Manila, so he turned us over to Jesy at the shangrila Boracay salon, and he had quite heavy hands. My mother and mother-in-law both complained.

5) Airline carriers- 2/5. PAL and Cebu Pacific and AirAsia and everyone else! Lots of delays and even cancelled flights! Please INSIST that everyone arrive on the island the day before the event. Twelve of our guests planned on flying in the day of the wedding. Two of them fell asleep in their hotel room,& were late for the pick-up. Four arrived well into the reception. and 2 never even made it.
About Cebu Pacific, I must commend them though for their careful handling of our baggage. My gown was in a big, white box, and it was really handled with care. We checked in as a group,of 15, and only had to pay excess baggage of P1,500. Hubby handcarried the barongs in a garment bag, hung them in a closet at the back of the plane, and forgot all about it! Until a flight attendant came looking for us at the Caticlan airport baggage carousel.

6) Gowns- 5/5. Kat Corpus. I loved my beaded and ruffled gown. Entourage dresses were also well done.

7) Barongs- 5/5. Kingsmen at the Podium mall. They even agreed to do a rush job. Hubby and best man also bought their footwear at the same mall- espadrilles from Sueno, for P350. :-)

8) Venue- 4.5/5. Shangrila Boracay. I'm really thankful I chose this venue over the others. Suzenne Borra was a pleasure to work with, and answered her emails promptly. Our Mass on Punta Bunga Beach was very romantic, according to the guests. A tent canopy was erected, w/c is a good idea whether rain or shine, to keep the group comfortable. The cocktail set-up was very pretty. It was showering intermittently that afternoon, so Suzenne made the last-minute decision to transfer the reception from the garden to the ballroom. I was in hair-&-makeup when I was informed, and was about to go ballistic, but Suzenne was so calming that I just let it be. And the party turned out really well.
The reason why the rating is a 4.5 is because of time management. I wanted the Mass to start at 4:30 pm sharp, but the guests milled around the lobby for so long, and then had to wait for the buggies. My elderly father-in-law also needed a motorized wheelchair. We ended up starting at 5. I would suggest to future shangrila brides, to just have the younger guests walk to the beach.
We chose a barbecue buffet for the food, and it was delicious. We had a menu for mixed drinks, and after that was all consumed, we paid corkage for each subsequent bottle of Scotch that was opened. We also had free corkage for 3 bottles of wine. I chose not to pay extra for flower centerpieces for the tables, so they placed little white lamps with tea lights inside, and they looked really nice. I also refused to pay 20k for a cake, and no one noticed that there wasn't a cake; they were so busy drinking & dancing. I splurged instead on led desk lamps as giveways, and they were wrapped and beribboned in the same colors as the entourage dresses.
Service was stellar throughout, and that's what you expect from a Shangrila.
One little detail- the Sinta changing room has a defective aircon. Check before you book that room.

9) Band-5/5. Everyday People. Very impressive mixed repertoire. They kept the guests dancing.

That's it, girls. It was a lovely experience. Enjoy your preps, especially writing your own vows. Be open to last-minute changes, and just go with the flow. By the way, we saw a wedding at Willy's while we were there, and it was also beautiful. Just goes to show that you don't have to spend so much to have a Boracay beach wedding.

iAmMariee

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #149 on: January 02, 2014, 09:57:23 pm »
Hi Ladies!  How's everything goin'? Happy New Year!!!  ;D

Quick question - to those who flew in their P/V's, which hotel did you book them?  It's ok lang naman di ba if I book them in a standard hotel?  ;)  Did anybody book their P/V's via Kalibo - were they OK with it?  I guess, I was just wondering what they would feel about it, although I'm all for convenience, if budget permitting I'd get them via Caticlan for sure.

@iAmMariee
Hi! yes I have Amanda, as I prefer Boracay-based suppliers. How's your preps? Who are your suppliers? I will get married a month before you. :)

@nigelronny - how's your preps?  ;) I'm slowly getting back to it, it's bad I have a lot of things that I want to do and bring over the island! Although I know I can't, shipping will be a challenge..  Marami pa din akong kulang, aside from the venue (Asya), Amanda & the P/V (JLR/Cinemaworks), ang na-add lang so far is Vatel for the entourage flowers.  I haven't decided on the bridal gown yet but I'm actively looking for the supplier for entourage gowns.  Amanda helped me in booking the HMUA and the Pastor :)   How about you?  Who are your suppliers so far?  :)

imbisibol_

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #150 on: January 03, 2014, 04:15:16 am »
Quick question - to those who flew in their P/V's, which hotel did you book them?  It's ok lang naman di ba if I book them in a standard hotel?  ;)  Did anybody book their P/V's via Kalibo - were they OK with it?  I guess, I was just wondering what they would feel about it, although I'm all for convenience, if budget permitting I'd get them via Caticlan for sure.

i booked them at the cheapest non-beachfront hotel i could find.  turned out though, that amanda had them stay with her at whitehouse anyway.  i guess she wanted my suppliers close by and just absorbed the higher cost of whitehouse herself. 

my photographer preferred caticlan, so i booked his team there.  i wanted our suppliers to get into the island hassle-free and stress-free.  see, a happy supplier is an effective supplier :D

iAmMariee

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #151 on: January 04, 2014, 08:51:08 pm »
imbisibol_ - I completely agree with you, a happy supplier is an effective supplier indeed!!!  I will make them comfy as much, para super nice din sila samin!  ;D

That was so nice of Amanda to do that!!!  She's awesome talaga!

sweetsexy - I just read your post!  Congratulations to you and hubby!  So happy for you that everything turned out great!  Thanks on your review and feedback as well, very helpful!  :)

soon_2_be mrsL.

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #152 on: January 19, 2014, 01:16:50 am »
Helloo fellow brides!

Hope everyone had a good start for the new year! Just an update .
1. My wedding date was moved to December 8,2014 now , Hindi na 11/11/14 as my fiancé is worried about the typhoons or chance of rain on the month of November . For peace of mind na rin, so fingers crossed , beautiful weather Sana on our wedding day. Luckily, available pa rin ang shangrila and our coordinator Amanda on the said date.

2. For videographer - we decided to book Mayad. http://. Good thing we don't have to pay for their flight and accommodation , food Lang ang I sho shoulder namin.

3. Photographer - we are still looking, we would like someone who is boracay based na so we don't have to pay  for their flights and accommodations . We contacted bordoy, but unfortunately, he is booked on that day already . So we are still looking. Any suggestions ladies??

4. Ceremony - still undecided , but I think we will go for the beach ceremony . We came across with one of the Mayad videos though. And we saw a couple having their ceremony on a cliff overlooking boracay beach, I think it's in nami private villas. My fiancé is very keen na on having our ceremony there , but I am not too sure whether they can accommodate 50 or more people as the place is not that spacious enough . We will still have our reception opt the shangrila.

5. Legal requirements - can anyone post a link on here , what are the steps and requirements? My fiancé is Irish but he s based in the UK. So I am not too sure Kung sa Irish or British embassy kami mg susubmit docs when we arrive  in Manila .

That's its so far ladies. We are flying to the Philippines next month by the way. But only for 2 weeks as yon Lang ang na approved n holiday ko . So hopefully, we will be able to look for other suppliers .

Good luck ladies on the wedding planning! Wish me luck too :D

11 months to go . . . 12/08/14


shegie_285

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #153 on: January 20, 2014, 12:15:28 am »
Hi soon_2_mrsL. - my hubby is Irish too but we live in Ireland. :) You have to go to the Irish Embassy. Good thing they're not strict. My hubby didn't even need a personal appearance. My mom was the one who submitted the documents. I'm using my phone at the moment kapag nasa computer ako i'll outline docs. :)

Photographer - I encountered enrico nepomuceno and Mayk Photography during my search for P/V. Boracay based din.

Good luck sa preps! I got married 10 November 2012, day before the wedding umulan, day after the wedding umulan din! irish peoole have child of prague para sa good weather, sa pinas naman st. Claire. We did both! hindi umulan nung wedding ko. Thank God!



babythug28

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #154 on: January 21, 2014, 04:59:31 pm »
pa-join mga sis. haven't read the first page yet but i'm thrilled to be a boracay bride after we have to let go of all our original plans, preps, and even DP for our Manila suppliers. anyway, we'll try our wedding to be very cheap as much as possible so wish us luck.

btw, ours will be this July 2014. wish me another luck for the rainy season :P

soon_2_be mrsL.

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #155 on: January 22, 2014, 03:04:17 pm »
Hi soon_2_mrsL. - my hubby is Irish too but we live in Ireland. :) You have to go to the Irish Embassy. Good thing they're not strict. My hubby didn't even need a personal appearance. My mom was the one who submitted the documents. I'm using my phone at the moment kapag nasa computer ako i'll outline

Shegie_285: thanks a lot sa info. Got your message! I emailed the photographers na , hope they will reply the soonest . Any suggestion on wedding websites! .as much as possible free of charge Sana. I want to set up the wedding website before sending out the save the date invites .

gracev904

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #156 on: January 22, 2014, 08:16:51 pm »
help! sino pa po ba ang ok na coordinator sa Boracay next to Amanda Tirol? Booked na kasi sya for my wedding. I asked my photographer Gail Bitoon of Foreveryday Photography kung sino mererecommend na coordinator. He told me that everytime he shoots in Boracay, laging si Amanda Tirol ang coordinator nya. TIA!!! :)

hadrians

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #157 on: January 22, 2014, 08:56:41 pm »
Hi ladies! Just wondering if you have heard any feedback about Ronald of Boracay Resident Wedding & Events Coordinator? Salamat!

babythug28

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #158 on: January 22, 2014, 10:59:43 pm »
has anyone tried taking pictorials sa Puka Beach or sa Crocodile Island? alam ko yung sa white beach (the one with stations) eh need ng permit for photoshoots. hindi naman kami magtatagal kapag nag island hopping for pictorials so sana hindi na kelangan ng permit.

shegie_285

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 2)
« Reply #159 on: January 23, 2014, 04:22:55 am »
you're welcome sis soon_2 _be mrsL.. :) You can use www.mywedding.com, it's free and may template na so it's not hard to build a site especially if you are not techie (like me). If you want from the scratch, you can try weebly, I think its easy din because my hubby was able to create a website too (mas lalong hindi techie ito compared to me).

Here is my website to give you an idea - www.mywedding.com/kenandsherylin

hadrians I think most brides in this thread got Amanda. I also looked for other coordinators before and kahit sa thread1 si Amanda talaga ang recommended. Anyway, have you seen their Facebook page? marami naman weddings doon.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close