Author Topic: FMCG Companies in the Philippines  (Read 37864 times)

sparklingjewel

• Super GirlTalker
  • What you see is what you get, no filters.
Re: FMCG Companies in the Philippines
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2015, 03:24:31 am »
^Based on my experience, medyo mas sensitive mga FMCG to hire talents who have directly experience to the kind of work they are being hired for. Gusto nila may FMCG experience na din talaga, hindi lang sales experience kung para sa sales. Kasi andaming iaabsorb sa industry na to and you need to hit the ground running, not still learning. Sobrang lucky ko that i crossed over from a different industry and they gave me a chance.

I dont think its because of salary, because pretty flexible naman sila to match and top your current with their offer. Depends how much they want the talent rin. Baka you're just applying to the wrong position. Wag mo pagpilitan sarili mo sa entry level if you're not. :) Wait for the right opportunity.

EyeV

• Probationary
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2015, 11:37:36 am »
Thank you Sparkling Jewel... I wonder if you have referrals for me where I can start with?

Drax

• GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2015, 04:23:12 pm »
I worked for an American FMCG in the Philippines.  Pay was good, with lots of opportunities to learn.  But I left after 2 years because of several factors, like the dictatorial bosses, the palakasan system, the intense work culture (for example, we were forced to do compehensive brand reviews during the Christmas break), and the heavy traffic in getting to our office.

freelancer

• A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Part time Accountant Full Time Girlfriend.
    • F.Y.I Blog
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2015, 04:10:14 pm »
is it true that unilever has their shared services na rin here in manila?
Life is a one big event so dress up for it!
www.freeyoungandinspired.blogspot.com

miyomi

• Probationary
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2016, 02:11:22 pm »
hi, meron po ba sainyo may actual experience sa hershey?  is it nightshift or dayshift?  how's the compensation package? like, do they have healthcard for dependents/kids and also salary increase?

i'm currently working on australian BPO, it's a relaxed environment as in no stress at all but benefits is not good or should I say walang extra benefits... employees get their healthcard after regularization and your kids or dependent are not covered (unless you'll pay for them), there's no performance bonus, no annual increase, and no additional allowance aside from your basic pay.

gladiatorinasuit

• Probationary
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2016, 09:56:34 am »
Anyone here working at Pepsi? I saw a vacancy online and I just want to have an idea on what their culture is especially in Marketing. I've been with SMC for 4.5 years and the culture is taking its toll on me. I'm really keen on exploring other options but if the culture is generally the same then I might as well stay (for tenure) or explore smaller FMCGs.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks a bunch! :)

Drax

• GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2017, 04:11:52 am »
^ Pepsico?  They sell sugar-laden drinks that cause diabetes!  And they sell salt-packed chips that cause hypertension!

sparklingjewel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2017, 12:34:33 am »
hi, meron po ba sainyo may actual experience sa hershey? 

Almost applied there too but I spoke to an ex-Hershey friend ko and he said he doesn't recommend since the boss of the vacant post in particular is a crude Korean guy that no one likes working with! Yikes!

I've been with SMC for 4.5 years and the culture is taking its toll on me.

Curious-- how is the culture in SMC??

belanonymous

• Probationary
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2017, 02:40:44 pm »
hi, meron po ba sainyo may actual experience sa hershey?  is it nightshift or dayshift?  how's the compensation package? like, do they have healthcard for dependents/kids and also salary increase?

i'm currently working on australian BPO, it's a relaxed environment as in no stress at all but benefits is not good or should I say walang extra benefits... employees get their healthcard after regularization and your kids or dependent are not covered (unless you'll pay for them), there's no performance bonus, no annual increase, and no additional allowance aside from your basic pay.

Haha sis sa makati ka ba nagwwork? I think officemate kita.  ;D ;D

sparklingjewel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2017, 12:37:39 am »
Thank you Sparkling Jewel... I wonder if you have referrals for me where I can start with?

Hi sis wala at the moment. I actually just resigned from my FMCG job (workload got too much, no worklife balance kasi average 13-15 hrs a day inaabot, and needed to take care of my health better). Looking for a job now but im very cautious about taking on another one if it means the same thing...

whatswithjuly

• frustrated dancer, photographer, fashion designer
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2017, 04:19:20 pm »
I've worked for a FMCG company, shared services nila here in the country. I would say if I would have any other option, I wont go back to another FMCG hehe. The pay is not ok kasi I came from another shared services na din na mas ok pa ang benefits. Nakipagtawaran sa akin ng matindi. I started as contractual employee, only to find out na mas malaki pa ang basic pay ko sa regular employees. Umasa pa naman ako na pag na-absorb, may increase. But it was the opposite. Binaba nila ang offer nun in-absorb ako. Wala akong choice that time kasi walang nag ok sa mga applications ko outside. So I accepted the offer pero naghanap pa din ako ng work. After 8 months as regular employee, masayang masaya akong umalis sa company. hehe. I didn't like the environment din. Matindi din politics. Saka di kasi maganda ugali ng boss ko. Actually, sunod sunod kami nagresign after. Kaya I hope the management realized that there's something wrong with the organization.  Of course hindi naman pare-pareho lahat ng FMCG.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 05:00:02 pm by whatswithjuly »
I was in the wrong story. I left.

www.twitter.com/tearjerkyjulie

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close