Author Topic: cheap mananahi for entourage gowns  (Read 132926 times)

madame_ekis

• GirlTalker
Re: cheap mananahi for entourage gowns
« Reply #560 on: December 06, 2017, 02:41:15 pm »
Hi @asterope06 😁 I've also considered Couture Collection in Kamuning and Lec Cabantac of Tealberry. Both have the same price range and answer to queries promptly. Couture Collection quoted 3500/gown with additional expenses for very intricate designs. Lec Cabantac is a colleague' sister so she's more approachable for me. And she accommodates your budget. So, I'm leaning towards her but have yet to decide. I'm also considering infinity dresses since it's less expensive. Any other suggestions?

Hi Bluevani ,

Can you share the contact for both Couture Collection and Lec Cabantac? 

TiA! :)

_2017bride

• Probationary
« Reply #561 on: December 06, 2017, 09:42:57 pm »
Is there anyone here considering Imee Ong for gowns?

If you are an OC person, or doesn?t want to be stressed with all late deliverables, hindi sumusunod sa napag usapan, hindi pulidong tahi, i do not recommend her.

She did presented well-sewed dress before getting us, but what happens after half payment, even after getting her for almost a year before your wedding day, after her very good-to-be-true detailed explanations ? don?t be fooled.

Super sisi ako ngayon. Even my bridesmaids are adjusting to her dates of delivery, how many times did she say she couldn?t make it? Kulang na lang [textspeak!] wedding date ang iadjust. 😭

Landmark trinoma gowns are better. Even if they seem to be pricer a little, it?s worth ur saved time, saved time ng ento, stress-free, hindi ka mahihiya para sa ento.

Hayst. Cannot help but to join to this chat because i don?t want any bride to experience the same. Don?t be fooled with her detailed explanations and mura price.

May God still bless her. May she realize na baka ibang venture ang para sa kanya. 🙏

_2017bride

• Probationary
« Reply #562 on: December 06, 2017, 11:40:22 pm »
Hi,

Were you able to get Imee Ong?

sparklingjewel

• Super GirlTalker
  • What you see is what you get, no filters.
« Reply #563 on: December 13, 2017, 09:57:09 am »
Hi sisses! Would like to request for recommendations please on mananahis who can do decent ento gowns for like 1k :)
Background: A friend is getting married and although she's not exactly 'poor', she expects the ento to pay for their own gowns. Im trying to be understanding, even though i spent a huge amount on her own gown at my wedding, because she just wants to cut corners. She wants uniform color and will recommend a mananahi if ever, but just expects us to pay. But honestly is there even a good mananahi for 1k?? Dont think so. Maybe at least 4k yung papasa na quality. Plus the gown has to be a certain color nga so mejo financial burden talaga to have a gown made that isnt even your choice or liking... :( Personally, I didnt ever consider having my ento pay to take part in my wedding (Shouldered their gowns, HMUA, lodging, food) and dont know anyone else in our crowd who does, so this dilemma is new to me. Please help!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 08:43:27 am by sparklingjewel »

Bluevani

« Reply #564 on: March 06, 2018, 04:25:38 am »
Supplier Review
Linchangco-Lim
Madre De Dios
Tagaytay Highlands
February 25, 2018

Patricial Pascual Designs - Patty Pascual
3/5
I found out about Ms. Patty through w@w also. I did some research and saw that I like the gowns she made plus she was within budget. She gave me the most stress during the whole wedding preparations up until the last 3 days (even the day prior) to my wedding. Communication-wise, we usually chat through viber. Sometimes, it takes her days to acknowledge my messages but I don't mind since I know she also has other jobs. Initially, we had no problems with regards to the dresses, the designs, the fabics, etc. However as time passed, problems started coming out one by one.
She told me initially that she will be sketching the dresses for all my orders (MOB, MOG, SOG, Ninang, Flower girls, Bridesmaids). But she opted to print out pictures instead - I don't mind actually.
I first showed her the Bridesmaids gown peg. To which she said that she'll be using Neoprene. She also said, she'll be using Neopene for all the other gowns except the Ninang, the MOG and the MOB. First fitting should have been December 27, 2017 but she messaged a week or two before that she wants to move the fitting to January 2nd week for the Bridesmaids and January 3rd week for the rest. This should have been a red flag but I chose not to worry. Since she said, she was still finishing all the gowns. The bridesmaids dresses in general were okay. Because of the late schedule for the first fitting, naturally it was a snowball effect. Up until the last minute (February 23), the MOH gown still had to be cut to length. Ms. Patty also forgot that she was supposed to put embellishments on the MOH gown as discussed initially. I had to remind her January 21. She sent me choices through viber but it was only February 21 that the embellishments were placed (also because my MOH was busy. She wasn't able to go for the fittings. I was supposed to get the gowns February 20 but again it wasn't ready). Another bridemaid had to have her gown altered elsewhere because the staff was rude when she went there for the fitting (the dresses didn't have any name on them and she felt harassed because of the staff).
The MOB already had a lilac french lace that she wanted to use on her gown which we gave to Ms. Patty. She told me she'll be sending the picture of the lining that she'll be using for that through viber. After she made me choose between the dark colored lilac versus the light colored lilac, I specifically chose the lighter colored lilac, to which she agreed. Come the first fitting in January, I got surprised that she went against my choice. She used the light lilac for the top and the darker lilac for the bottom. She also used a very bright (ube) colored tulle - which she did not let me approve (She eventually changed the color of the tulle to a lighter color). Due to the time constraints, my mom let those pass and she just asked for the top to be adjusted because it was tight. The collar also should also be standing and not limp, very minor changes to be honest. Come the second fitting (February 17), the issues with the gown were already addressed, except that the arm circumference was still a little tight. Come the third fitting (February 22), the top part of my mom's gown was very different. It had folds on both sides of the chest going to the arm holes. The arm circumference was still tight and the left arm hole was larger than the right arm hole. There are parts of the lace that had holes. The beaded belt was not complete (to think I bought this separately). We had to buy an RTW gown, which she wore to my wedding, at SM that day because my mom was so frustrated (a big understatement) with how her gown turned out. Ms. Patty then told me she was going to use the lace on the MOG gown to repair the MOB gown, which I agreed. A shawl was also part of the gown but my mom didn't use it anymore.
The initial MOG gown was a semi-serpentine gown with french lace the same as the MOB gown. Measurements were sent through email from the US. First fitting was January 27, the fit was perfect, and the design was as discussed. However, MOG suddenly changed her mind. She had issues first with the lace, then the color, then the gown itself. So, we had to make a totally new gown for her, which we paid for again. First fitting for the second gown was February 17, the fit was perfect and only minor changes on the waist and the tulle on the arms were required. MOG was very satisfied. The old MOG gown has yet to be given to us, which she promised to return to us within 5 days with a replacement lace.
SOG gown was as follows. The peg was not followed 100% but acceptable. We just thought that the ruffles should have been longer as in the peg but over-all satisified. During our first meeting, I already told her (and she wrote it down) that the color should be peach (same as the flower girls) but come first fitting on January 7, the gown was in blue (same as the Bridesmaids). So, I asked her to make it in peach which she did. She also gave us the blue one.
Flower girls gown was a good fit on one of the flower girls (the one who sent the measurement through email also from the US). The arm hole just had to be loosened a little. The other flower girl however, the waist part was in the hip area, and was very loose. The back of the dress way pulled down because of the weight of the Neoprene cause the dress to seem like the front was way higher than the back. The arm hole was too big and was off by 2-3 inches. My neice went to 3 'fittings' but was not able to fit any dress (because every time she went, the gown was yet to be made - another red flag, but again I chose not to worry). She was only able to fit the dress February 20 (after I picked-up the dress). Due to time constraints, I just told them to at least adjust the arm hole (by a quarter inch because the chest part was tight already). The dress should also have a bow with ribbon hanging, which initially only had a bow. I had to point out to Ms. Patty that it should have the ribbon hanging as per the peg.
I also asked Ms. Patty to make bow toes in the same color as the flower girls to which she agreed and I paid P420/each. February 17 I reminded her. February 16 she said the bow ties are already ready and she'll be taking pictures but she didn't send me. February 22 I was told by the staff that they didn't know of any bow tie that was to be made. I asked Ms. Patty and she said they were at the studio. Lo and behold when I saw the bow ties, they were blue and it was simply a garter type (I was expecting for the price I was charged it would be like the adjustable type that can be bought at department stores). I messaged Ms. Patty and February 23, she sent the right colored bow ties but they were very big - literally it can be used as a bow for the waist (I even tried it on my husband to check if maybe I was just thinking wrong about the size but really it was too big). Ms. Patty said that with the Neoprene fabric, that was the smallest bow she could make but she did not tell me that. I could've told her to use another fabric if need be. Long stressful story short, my coordinator had to rush to the department store and buy three bow ties (P199/each in this case blue since there were no peach colored ones) which we used for the wedding. Disappointed was again an understatement.
The Ninang gown was another disappointment. They were not able to fix the chest and arm part of her dress properly. I don't have pictures of this yet. So, I'll update the review then.
The problem first and foremost was the lack of communication between Ms. Patty and her staff. Since she was usually out of the studio, the staff are the ones that attend to the clients and most of the time they have different statements. Example, Ms. Patty messaged me February 22 1:39pm that the gowns can be picked-up already at 4pm (she also agreed that MOB can fit her gown again). All the way from Makati, I squeezed in my schedule to get the gowns from commonwealth. When I arrived 3:55pm, the gowns were not ready even the MOB gown which she said was for fitting already. Since, I had to go back to Makati, I politely asked if I can come back later in the evening for the rest of the gowns but the staff said they won't be there anymore. I asked if I can get it in the morning and they said none of the staff will be there because they will be in Tagaytay for a wedding. So, they can just leave the dresses there. I asked them who will attend to me if for example there were questions about the gowns and they said none. So, my husband who was in Makati had to rush to commonwealth to get the gowns that night. The staff said they were until 6pm only. When my husband arrived at 630pm, the gowns were not yet ready. He had to wait until 730pm to get all the gowns.
If you can imagine all these stresses, I tell you it was the most trying time for me this whole wedding preparation. I wanted to shout, to get angry, to rant but I chose to stay calm and just go on. I have nothing against Ms. Patty. I still believe she has a lot of potential but maybe a lot of things could have been done to avoid what happened. Either she accepts less job orders, hire more seamstress, or just better communication with her staff and the client.

peachlipstick

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Happiness is belonging, not belongings.
« Reply #565 on: March 08, 2018, 08:56:08 pm »
wow sis Bluevani, mabait ka pa sa 3/5 na rating sa dami ng stress na inabot mo sa kanya.

ohcmon

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #566 on: March 14, 2018, 10:03:50 am »
^^ Sis, nabasa ko a couple of weeks ago this review of yours sa W@W, pero bakit parang nawala? Ipapakita ko sana kay h2b kasi balak namin kunin si Patricia hehe anyway thank you for sharing, sis. Hindi ko na siya kukunin baka ganito rin mangyari sa'kin.

sparklingjewel

• Super GirlTalker
  • What you see is what you get, no filters.
« Reply #567 on: July 03, 2018, 12:07:48 pm »
Hi! Does anyone have a breastfeeding/ nursing-friendly bridesmaid dress design? Baka lang you can share? Will be attending a wedding with my infant who will still be exclusively breastfeeding by then and it's my top priority to make sure he will be able to latch comfortably on demand as it also wont be conducive for us to pump given the logistics. TIA!

dabajuy

• GirlTalker
« Reply #568 on: July 09, 2018, 02:58:06 pm »
@sparklingjewel one of my secondary sponsors then recently gave birth. Her dress was off the shoulder and the front center has a zipper for when she breastfeeds probably? Wasn't there when she had her dress designed but she probably asked for it.  the zipper was very subtle, not very noticeable. :)

Apple1230

• GirlTalker
« Reply #569 on: August 17, 2018, 09:02:10 am »
Question lang mga sis, ano ba ang time allotment sa pagpapatahi ng gowns for entourage? Mga ilang months ahead dapat?

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close