Author Topic: Vietnam (Thread 4)  (Read 53319 times)

kittycat228

• Senior GirlTalker
Re: Vietnam (Thread 4)
« Reply #260 on: March 11, 2015, 09:44:35 pm »
bukas sis kahit midnight ang money changer sa airport. it is better to bring usd mas better ang conversion rate compared to peso. mas ok na minimal na lang papalit sa airport then sa hotel or money changers in district 1 na lang magpapalit
Fashionably artistic ;)

angelchina

• GirlTalker
« Reply #261 on: April 06, 2015, 12:03:16 pm »
Recommended resto in ho chi minh LEMONGRASS. Puro foreigners kumakain. Malapit lang siya sa opera house. Next street after louis vuitton. 
Live your life to the fullest 'coz we only got one shot in life

Love isn't blind, it sees fault but doesn't mind

eeyore91833

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Thankful for everything! ♥♥♥'s being a GirlTalker!
    • BEAUTY, SKINCARE, AND MORE
« Reply #262 on: April 07, 2015, 07:13:12 pm »
So happy with our vietnam trip. We arrived via Cebu Pacific so AM na yun. Upon exit you will see the money changer open naman. What I did was have muna 100 usd exchanged then the rest sa parklane mall. The taxi stand is on the left most corner of the airport pag labas mo. Choose only mai linh and vinasun. Research the logo of these companies kasi marami daw manloloko na ginaya names. Even the hotels, restos, and malls sila ang contact sa taxi. :)

Fell inlove with vietnam food. Must try sa vincom center foodcourt yun union square resto. Yung mga rolls nila na ikaw mag wwrap. Grilled pork on stick and groun pork with vermicelli yubg english names eh. Ate there twice. Tripadvisor can help you with recommended restos.  There's this other resto that was super packed and sinadya talaga namin because of the reviews sa tripadvisor. We absolutely love the food and ambiance. Cuc Gac Quan.

Trung nguyen coffee shop is also the bomb. Soo good!

Hotel continetal was also a good hotel location wise. Opera house is right beside it plus walking distance vincom center. And other sites. Buffet breakfast pa.

Taxi is affordable like manila rate. So no problem getting around.

Seriously must go back for the food :)
Up to 5% additional Discount from YesStyle!! (Legit Korean/Jap Beauty skincare) =)
http://yesstyle.com/en/women.html?rco=KBEAUTY20

Find effective skincare solutions here
http://beautyetcconnect.blogspot.com

u8mypinkcookies

• Simply Smashin'
  • Super GirlTalker
  • ♥Chocoholic.Java Junkie.Shopping Diva♥
« Reply #263 on: April 08, 2015, 05:36:09 am »
Super enjoyed our Ho Chi Minh trip last week! It was the first leg of our 9-day HCM- Phnom Penh- Siem Reap- Thailand trip. :)

I reco Gia Vien Hotel. We got a good deal in Agoda and the hotel was nice! Buffet breakfast was good (love their baguette) and there were lots of restos/ bars in the area.

Trung Nguyen coffee was super yummy! Try the banh mi sold on the side streets too. Really cheap for 15.000- 20.000 VND lang! ;)

Took a tour to Cu Chi and Mekong River. I suggest you book there na in HCM instead of online. There are a lot of travel agencies selling tours at a cheaper price. :)

Medyo bitin coz we were there for 2 whole days lang. We arrived kasi madaling araw na tapos the third day, we left early for PP.

I'd love to go back here!!! Their food is amazing. ;)
There are four basic food groups: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate & chocolate truffles. ♥

Munchy Crunchy

sublime1

• GirlTalker
  • Ive got a pocketful of dreams. :)
« Reply #264 on: April 15, 2015, 07:30:03 pm »
Hi mga sis! will be flying to vietnam via cebupac on July 1, so 12:20AM ng July 2 na dating namin sa HCM.

I'm trying to book yung Nguyen Khang hotel through their website, and may automatic reply na 'Thank you for your reservation.'. Does this mean na nakabook na ko? No need for downpayment or reservation fee? Mas ok ba magbook sa booking.com? If sa booking.com ako magbook, how can I notify the hotel na ipick up kami sa airport ng 12:30AM?

To those na nakapagstay na sa Nguyen Khang, please advise po. Thank you :)
=

u8mypinkcookies

• Simply Smashin'
  • Super GirlTalker
  • ♥Chocoholic.Java Junkie.Shopping Diva♥
« Reply #265 on: April 16, 2015, 05:36:38 am »
^ wala bang phone number or email yung hotel na pwede mo i-contact?

May uber sila in HCM so when we got there din ng midnight, nag-uber lang kami papuntang hotel :)
There are four basic food groups: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate & chocolate truffles. ♥

Munchy Crunchy

sublime1

• GirlTalker
« Reply #266 on: April 16, 2015, 10:35:32 am »
^ Nagemail na ko directly sa Nguyen Khang and Rosie confirmed the pick up and the room na.. Just wondering wala ba talagang downpayment for reservation sa Nguyen Khang? Sa mga sisses natin dito na nagstay na dun, can paadvise naman po. TIA! :)
=

mimZ

« Reply #267 on: May 14, 2015, 08:02:50 am »
Hi, we will be flying to hcmc on august 2 and my return ticket will be sept 3 from malaysia to manila. Can you advise me for a good backpacking itinerary? I wanted to visit hcmc-dalat-mui ne-nha trang-hoi an-hue-hanoi-halong bay-sapa-luang prabang-vang vieng-siem reap-phnom penh then travel my way to malaysia, i prefer land tours po sana. Let me know if you have suggestions. Thanks

krnmprl

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #268 on: May 14, 2015, 12:58:33 pm »
just got back from a hanoi - hoi an trip. super worth it! we went there upon seeing majestic photos of halong bay but at last minute found a halong bay junk boat tour too touristy. i would recommend going to central and northern vietnam as opposed to going to HCM (although I've never been to HCM). I think doing vietnam in this way makes for a less disneyfied travel experience. I would guess HCM is too much like Manila by now. the food is awesome, and cheap. hoi an is romantic and magical at night. make sure to schedule a trip during the full moon as they float lanterns at the river and the atmosphere is very festive. you can also bike to a nice beach from hoi an. and although we havent' explored Da Nang it looks interesting.

do not ever forget going to the museum of fine arts in hanoi. astig nun.

krnmprl

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #269 on: May 21, 2015, 06:26:50 pm »
i read all the reviews for the halong bay junk tours in TA and decided against it. You could technically do a day trip but if it's 4 hours each way parang sayang lang. You have to do the overnight cruise, which will set you back USD 250 for a decent junk boat. and for what. I bet our Palawan is more awesome than Halong Bay.

You could actually do Hanoi in a day. You could DIY your street food tour (impossible to eat bad food in Hanoi) and go to Hoa Lo prison and see the fine arts museum and walk around the old quarter. Those are the highlights for me.

So if you have 2 days you have more than enough. Unless you choose to allocate it to another city in Central Vietnam. Like Hue or Hoi An.

re: duty free at hanoi is so-so. Do not expect like the KL duty free. But they have a Popeye's chicken at the airport. this made us so happy. We missed Popeye's chicken :)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 06:29:40 pm by krnmprl »

inertia

• GirlTalker
« Reply #270 on: May 22, 2015, 01:14:54 pm »
^ thanks, sis... now it's the Popeye's chicken i'm looking forward to  ;D

kittycat228

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #271 on: May 24, 2015, 12:09:27 am »
saan magandang bumili ng fabrics at lace in saigon?
Fashionably artistic ;)

gulaysk

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #272 on: June 16, 2015, 10:53:41 am »
We're booked at Luan Vu Hotel in Pham Ngu Lao and will be in HCMC June 26-28. Meron na bang nakasubok magstay dito? It'll be our first time in HCMC, by the way.

Meron na bang nakapagtry ng motorbike tour around the city (Back of the Bike, XO, etc)? Sulit kaya? So far parang ok din ang foodie tour with Saigon on Bikes. Yun nga lang, medyo mahal din kasi.

Also, nasubukuan niyo na rin kumain sa stall ni Lunch Lady from Anthony Bourdain's show?

fittotravel

• GirlTalker
    • Chris and Trips
« Reply #273 on: June 16, 2015, 04:01:13 pm »
@gulaysk: Luan Vu was one of our considerations when we went to HCMC last January but we chose Pink Tulip Hotel instead. It's also in Bui Vien. Honestly, the hotels in Pham Ngu Lao and Bui Vien are comparable with each other in terms of price and amenities so you really can't go wrong with any of the hotels in the area. But of course, reviews from Tripadvisor would help too.  ;D

I've tried a motorbike tour back in 2008. Then we did the same tour using a taxi last January. Not much of a difference, really. Except that we had AC in the taxi.  ;D

Sorry I haven't tried eating at the Lunch Lady but we enjoyed our sumptuous lunch at Nha Hang Ngon located a few meters from the Reunification Palace.  :D

If you have at least 4 days in HCMC, I suggest you go on an overnight trip to Mui Ne, a coastal town 200 km from HCMC! I have written about it in my blog.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 11:01:21 pm by fittotravel »

gulaysk

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #274 on: June 16, 2015, 05:48:01 pm »
Hey there, fittotravel! On second thought, we might not push through with the motorbike tour. We might scrap this one and just choose to spend on the guided tour in Angkor.

So sad though that we only have 2 whole days to spend in HCMC :(

Thanks for the tip on Nha Hang Ngon. Will make sure to try their food. :)

Any quaint cafe recommendations?

sublime1

• GirlTalker
« Reply #275 on: June 17, 2015, 01:56:37 pm »
Hi mga sis! :) ask ko lang if natry nyo na magbook with Sinh Tourists for tours in Ho Chi Minh? We booked Duc Vuong for our hotel and naginquire ako sa kanila about their tours. For Cu Chi Tunnels, they're charging for 20USD per pax (inclusive of A/c transportation, hotel pick up & drop off, english speaking guide, entrance fees, mineral water, tapioca). Is that reasonable na ba?
=

SOFIEMAE

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #276 on: June 17, 2015, 02:30:50 pm »
^sis standard naman yung US$20.00 nila unless mag DIY ka mas mura... tinuruan kami ng local dun kung paano mag punta kaso takot ako maligaw 2 lang kasi kami ni SIL, pero inavail pa rin namin yung sa hotel offer para atleast relax :) kaso may mga dinaan pa kaming mga hotel to pick up other tourists na makakasabay sa tour package, pero enjoy naman... we availed the mekong river tour... baka this coming june 20 try ko naman ang Cu Chi Tunnels kasama ko kasi si madir :)

sublime1

• GirlTalker
« Reply #277 on: June 17, 2015, 04:01:48 pm »
Sis Sofimae, half day CuChi Tunnel tour daw ng Duc Vuong is USd20 per person daw, pero kasi nung tinignan ko yung website ng Sinh Tourist, nasa around 5-10USD lang yung sa half day Cu Chi Tunnel tour nila. Naisip ko tuloy if sa Sinh Tourist na lang kami kumuha ng tours.
=

fittotravel

• GirlTalker
    • Chris and Trips
« Reply #278 on: June 17, 2015, 04:11:48 pm »
US$20 for a half-day Cu Chi Tunnels tour sounds reasonable... only if they promise to take you there on a private car.  ;D Otherwise, a standard US$ 6 tour on a minibus will do. :)

We got ours at The Sinh Tourist, too! They have a number of mini-bus with a small group of tourists leaving their office at certain intervals every morning. A tour guide is already part of the package. There's a mandatory restroom break in one of the lacquerware workshops on the way to Cu Chi. The tour ends in HCMC at around 2-3pm.

sublime1

• GirlTalker
« Reply #279 on: June 17, 2015, 07:47:12 pm »
^How's the tour with Sinh Tourist? Ok naman ba? And yung rate ba nila kasama ng entrance fees sa Cu Chi Tunnels? If not how much will the entrance fee be kaya? hehe sorry daming tanong. Thank you. :)
=

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close