Author Topic: Starting Life in CANADA 2: Tips and Stories  (Read 67188 times)

sarsingkit

• Super GirlTalker
Re: Starting Life in CANADA 2: Tips and Stories
« Reply #440 on: June 26, 2017, 11:13:21 am »
^That's good. It would be nice if you can get a job a the city or provincial government here. Good luck.

Retirement planning is a must talaga kaya aside from RRSP, one thing din to check with the company is of they offer company pension.

vuzhia

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #441 on: June 27, 2017, 01:39:19 am »
^yes sis kung kaya talaga ma penetrate ang government employer mas okay talaga sana para sa future :)

yup daming need paghandaan lalo na college/university fund no? Kahit isa pa lang anak namin need mag handa kase super expensive
Death - the last sleep? No, it is the final awakening......

sarsingkit

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #442 on: June 27, 2017, 09:55:50 am »
^Well, ang maganda naman dito is encouraged ang mga bata to take jobs during summer or even while at school so hindi ganun kalaki ang pressure sa parents. but of course, we still setup an RESP for our child.

Lahat ng job postings nasa government website naman. A handful of my friends are public servants. Haha. Good pay sa provincial government but I do not find the benefits to be that attractive, to be honest. But still a good place to work.

Saan ka pala nagcollege sis sa Philippines? Kasi may mga community organizations din kasi dito sa Winnipeg ng mga alumni ng mga Philippine Universtities.

vuzhia

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #443 on: June 28, 2017, 12:39:54 am »
^DLSU - Dasma ako sis

right now basta makakuha muna ako ng Canadian  Experience kahit nga volunteer muna kaya research ako ng research ng malapit lang hehe...bukas mag attend ako ng first volunteer ko sa Council for Seniors nakausap ko na yung coordinator at very accomodating naman kung kelan day off si husband attend ako sa mga event nila siya na mismo nagsabi na pwede ko sya gamiting reference para lang hindi sayang panahon kase sa September ni register ko naman nursery si toddler twice a week lang naman :)
Death - the last sleep? No, it is the final awakening......

sarsingkit

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #444 on: June 28, 2017, 09:45:56 am »
^That is nice. Ang daming taga-Cavite dito. Hehe.

crzysxycl

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #445 on: July 04, 2017, 12:54:39 pm »
Hi sisses! Ask ko lang kung super lamig ba sa Winnipeg pag winter? Nag iisip kasi kami kung saang province kami mag aapply, decided na rin si hubby kaya planning and saving stage na kami. :) Thank you!

sarsingkit

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #446 on: July 04, 2017, 10:41:18 pm »
^Yes. Haha. But thousands of Filipinos have done it before you guys so don't worry. You'll survive and adapt.

kvan

• Introvert, Demisexual
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Accidental Cougar
« Reply #447 on: July 05, 2017, 01:15:42 am »
^^It's not called Winter-peg for nothing...LOL! You will survive.
"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" ---Matthew 6:34

sarsingkit

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #448 on: July 05, 2017, 10:18:24 am »
But you know, Winnipeg is cold, yes. But the past years isn't that bad. Also if you see on the news, the Atlantic gets ton of snow, Toronto gets ice storm, and Edmonton temperatures aren't that different from Winnipeg. Plus we get a huge amount of sunshine all year round even if it -30deg.

It is a good experience living here. Experience one winter and you'll be one heck of a driver afterwards.

crzysxycl

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #449 on: July 26, 2017, 11:19:07 pm »
Thank you sisses sarsingkit and kvandenhaak! :)

Question lang ulit. Sabi ng friend ni hubby pag pupunta raw ng CA binibilang ang value ng bawat item na dala mo. For example, yung clothes mo, etc then i-sum up yun at bawal daw lumagpas sa specific amount. True ba? Ngayon ko lang kasi narinig yun.

kvan

• Introvert, Demisexual
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Accidental Cougar
« Reply #450 on: July 27, 2017, 12:48:03 am »
^Not for personal and used clothing. Me tax kasi lahat dapat ng papasok so let's say nag-shopping ka sa US tapos babalik ka ng Canada meron lang amount na allowed or you will be taxed. Kelangan lang i-declare lahat ng papasok especially kung bago at binili outside of the country.
"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" ---Matthew 6:34

sarsingkit

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #451 on: July 27, 2017, 05:21:20 am »
If you are first time immigrant, you will be asked to declare things with value and also cash. Yan lang ang alam ko but a lot of people overdeclare and they declare even the clothes and shoes that they packed. As first time immigrants, they really expect you to bring your entire life with you. Pero pag cash, I recommend to be on the safe side and don't bring that much cash. Limit is 10,000 cad per person and not a dollar more. Not sure how they value jewelries. I only have my engagement and wedding ring with me and I was wearing it so hindi na tinanong.

Shopping in the US and bringing it to Canada is a different case, which sis kvandehaak already explained.

crzysxycl

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #452 on: August 28, 2017, 01:00:32 pm »
^ & ^^, I see, salamat mga sis!

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close