Author Topic: Solo Travel (Thread 3)  (Read 91553 times)

hartlesschiq13

Re: Solo Travel (Thread 3)
« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2013, 03:13:11 pm »
Update lang on my last post. I did my first solo travel abroad last Feb 2013 in SG. Haaaay ang sarap ng feeling. :) First time to stay in a hostel and wala namang problema kahit mixed yung room, kasi sa gabi lang naman ako umuuwi. All day gala siya talaga.  ;)

Will be doing another solo trip for my birthday in Ilocos then for Jan 2014 Cebu-Bohol naman (will be my first time to ride a ferry) Plan ko din for 2014 is to do Cambodia - Vietnam trip with my friend. Pero pag di siya natuloy, ok lang. Feeling ko kayang kaya ko nang mag-isa kahit abroad.  Ganun pala pag nasimulan mo na magtravel mag-isa.  ;D ;D ;D

peaceinsolitude

• GirlTalker
  • Never asume
« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2013, 03:56:17 am »
Hi sissies gusto ko sana matatakan ang passport ko sa August kasi birthmonth ko and nakakaawa naman siya last year ko pa nakukuha hanggang ngayon [textspeak!] pang tatak.

Asian tour sana yung all-in kasi ang problem sa akin madali ako maligaw. The thing is most tours na nakikita ko min of 2. Ang hirap naman magpilit ng kasama. Please help me anong travel agency kaya ang may magandang offer sa solo traveler preferably sana sa HK of SG. Thanks

summersong

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2013, 05:05:01 am »
^ kung SG ang isa sa choices mo sis pwede mo nang i-DIY. Di ka naman mawawala dun dahil super organized ang transport system. Almost everything is... well... tame? :P same with HK, but a bit more colorful.

pretty_B

• Super GirlTalker
  • part time bloated. full time pretty.
« Reply #123 on: June 18, 2013, 01:03:24 pm »
CONGRATS SISTERS! Kainggit naman kayong nakapag-solo travel na. >___< ako din, di ko pa nagagamit ang passport ko, mag1year na sya. I want to use it na, kahit SUPER DELAYED BIRTHDAY TREAT for myself na! hihi. anyway, any suggestions sa destination? promos?  :) TIA! ~cheers!
rawr.

CUTIE0730

• Probationary
« Reply #124 on: July 06, 2013, 07:30:27 am »
can anyone suggest for best places to visit by solo travelers here in the philippines.

Miss Charcoal

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #125 on: July 12, 2013, 01:07:32 am »
Paplanuhin ko na yung magiging solo travel ko, surfing sa Zambales o kaya sa Sagada. Excited nako!

entwife

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #126 on: July 12, 2013, 09:42:25 am »
I vote for Sagada! :)

hanshellite

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #127 on: July 12, 2013, 11:04:45 am »
Planning to have my first solo travel this year (Dec probably) sa Ilocos... AJA!

a.k.a. HELGA

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #128 on: July 12, 2013, 08:17:46 pm »
^ My first ever solo trip was in Ilocos also. Have fun sis! :)
The Boy with the cornflower hair. Me beloved. Me despair.

entwife

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2013, 08:47:52 am »
Sinong may blog for solo SG travel? I will be travelling along, my first out of the country, to SG in September.

Basically, mauuna lang ako ng 2 days, kasi 2 of my friends will be following after. Too anxious to do this, but i will.

Frozen Toes

• Baby Beast &
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #130 on: July 16, 2013, 11:24:51 am »
Nakakadalawang pseudo solo travels na ko this year. Both Boracay. I know, no challenge at all. Tapos when I got there, I met up with friends pa. I want to do an authentic solo travel ASAP. I need to get away. Too much to take here in MNL.

Well, I'm booked for SG this August to watch Phantom. Sana wag umulan that weekend because I hate flying alone tapos malakas turbulence.

shoppefloor

• I talk therefore I am
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #131 on: August 11, 2013, 11:35:01 am »
Joining the thread.. :)

I started traveling solo this year, after getting married last year and decided not to have a baby first, my husband and I still wants to enjoy our youth. :D
Anyways, it took a while before I convince him to allow me to follow one of my dreams then finally he agreed!

My first solo travel - Iloilo & Guimaras.
I chose the place because I've always wanted to go there, knowing that Ilongos are born friendly and helpful plus I've read a lot of great things about Guimaras. And I was right to choose the not-so-touristy place.
It was just a 3 days travel, it was my first time to fly alone, be on the boat with no one to talk to, eat my first authentic Batchoy and be on a remote island with a very low cellphone signal.

Of course, I did a lot research before my travel, I learned that if you want start to travel solo you have to take baby steps. Like traveling within the country muna, I asked my friend to teach me the basic ilongo dialect, I have google maps on my phone to avoid asking people for directions.
I spoke their dialect so they won't think I'm a tourist and cab/jeep/tricycle drivers won't charge me a lot. :)

As expected, everyone in my clan and friends was asking why I have to travel solo when I always go out with my husband. I think that's the point, that even if you're married, you still have to have time for yourself and for the things that you've always wanted to do.
And I'm very happy my husband is supportive about this.

My next travel: Bacolod in October then Cebu in January then maybe Bali in 2015 :)
I walk to feel the earth on my feet. I float to let the wind blow me away. I swim to cleanse my soul. I burn to touch the fire of life. i wanna take it all in my hand....

anirazc anasor

• GirlTalker
« Reply #132 on: August 12, 2013, 08:13:30 pm »
Sis matanung ko lang? hows picture taking while you travel solo? I mean lagi ba kayo nagpapaicture sa ibang tao?

bagaholic_chewy

• Super GirlTalker
  • *on shopping and travel rehab.. until 2014..*
« Reply #133 on: August 13, 2013, 12:53:11 am »
^ tripod (kahit yung mini-tripod lang, if you prefer less weight and bulk), or extended arms (better if you have a wide lens camera like the Samsung Galaxy camera and the like, para mas may makitang view at di lang puro mukha, hehe),  or pakuha sa iba (I usually approach other solo travellers, or couple na walang tripod, para kunan ko din sila together in exchange).
"Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you rich"

"The only time to eat diet food is while waiting for the steak to cook"

shoppefloor

• I talk therefore I am
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #134 on: August 14, 2013, 08:45:02 am »
^ I'm following a blog for solo travel society and here are the tips I got for self portrait. :D
http://solotravelerblog.com/self-portrait-photography/

Personally, konti lang picture ko when I travel solo mas gusto ko mag picture nung place na pinupuntahan ko, and yes sometimes tripod is a big help! hehe
I walk to feel the earth on my feet. I float to let the wind blow me away. I swim to cleanse my soul. I burn to touch the fire of life. i wanna take it all in my hand....

BicuriousGm

• I am a makulit at sutil na
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Just go on with the flow.
« Reply #135 on: August 14, 2013, 10:19:12 am »
For solo travellers i would suggest go for Batad and Sagada. But if you are planning for batad hiking...maki group ka kasi baka mahulog ka sa bangin wala maka kita sayo hehe. For sagada naman...its a nice place and very tourist friendly. If u want naman U CAN ALWAYS ask me to be your companion buddy....pero promise kunyari di tayo mag kasama...para solo traveller pa din peg mo.hehe
I have no INTEREST to any GUYs, I am engaged and loving it. I love interacting with my g2g thread friends.

entwife

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #136 on: August 14, 2013, 11:02:02 am »
I agree with Sagada. You wouldn't actually feel solo pag andun ka na. I mean if you would like to travel solo and meet new people, Sagada would be great. Everyone's friendly. Kung gusto mo naman yung tipong soul searching, ang daming areas sa Sagada for that.

We were doing the Echo Valley- Underground River trail when we saw one man doing his meditation near the river. he was actually a foreigner, kulang na lang mag-yoga siya dun. :)

Shiecg

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #137 on: August 14, 2013, 05:13:32 pm »
^ sure ka sis maganda mag solo travel ng Sagada, hmmm ma try nga yan next year, whats the best time ba sis to see Sagada?

rocky

• Certified Lakwatsera &
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #138 on: August 14, 2013, 06:24:46 pm »
^yes sis, safe naman mag-solo sa sagada. maganda talaga pumunta don pag summer 8) delikado din kasi na ma-stranded ka pag maulan :-\
Happy and Proud to be Mrs. MacKenzie =)

BicuriousGm

• I am a makulit at sutil na
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Just go on with the flow.
« Reply #139 on: August 14, 2013, 06:36:04 pm »
^March ako nag Sagada before kaya super init, i might try this coming 1st week of December. Super lamig nyan for sure! Parang yelo lang sa lamig ang pangligo na tubig.
I have no INTEREST to any GUYs, I am engaged and loving it. I love interacting with my g2g thread friends.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close