watch now

Author Topic: BABY FRIENDLY PLACES around the METRO?  (Read 13897 times)

bluegintonic

  • Guest
BABY FRIENDLY PLACES around the METRO?
« on: May 23, 2012, 12:05:13 am »
Ask ko lang sisses, which malls, or pasyalan  around Manila that are baby friendly? I haven't been home in a very long time and ngayon ko lang iuuwi 14 month old na baby ko.The last thing I want to go to is a place na walang changing table! I love Singapore's malls as they are very baby friendly-most are equipped with nursing rooms,hot water dispensers (for those that formula feed) and a microwave to re heat baby food in. Thanks!

Grayce

  • Guest
Re: BABY FRIENDLY PLACES around the METRO?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 12:47:32 am »
^most Ayala malls like Trinoma and Glorietta 4 (inside Rustans) has a nursing room. Greenbelt 5's toilets has a changing table as far as i remember.

But just incase, just be prepared to change your baby'a diapers in his stroller, not all malls in Manila have a changing table in their toilets.

clueless

  • Guest
Re: BABY FRIENDLY PLACES around the METRO?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 01:00:25 am »
The changing tables are usually in the handicapped restroom if not in the ladies restroom.

Greenbelt 5 is good kasi the elevators are accessible if you have a stroller, glorietta not so much. Rockwell is also good.

Alabang town center (ATC) naman in the south is also stroller friendly.

May nursing room at rustans - ATC and makati for sure.

If you know someone with an ayala malls A card, borrow it from them so you can use the family lounges at trinoma, ATC and glorietta 4.

If you also know someone with an SM prestige advantage card, see if you can borrow so you can use the prestige lounge at sm makati and megamall.

sexytabachung

  • Guest
Re: BABY FRIENDLY PLACES around the METRO?
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 07:59:21 am »
I wonder what's inside prestige lounge.. My mom has one but never pa niya na-try.. hahaha! She's crazy, she just want to make yabang.

I love Glorietta 4's newly renovated restrooms. They have play area pa for toddlers. They have changing pads that they can transfer from ladies restroom to men's restroom to handicapped or family room. They also have nursing room there and it is so peaceful and clean.

I also love Rustan's Makati nursing room which is located on children's floor 3rd level. Changing pads are also available. they also have 1 elevator.

I hate Landmark. They do not have changing pad and elevator. Walang kwenta.

Robinson's Place Manila is also good lalo na the new Midtown wing. They have family restroom with changing pad and they have 2 elevators inside the mall.


DV

  • Guest
Re: BABY FRIENDLY PLACES around the METRO?
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 10:42:09 am »
For me, the best baby-friendly mall is TriNoma. The family lounge has a play area for toddlers and a separate and spacious breastfeeding room. Greenbelt 5 is also nice, but the 3F changing/disabled room, usually sira ang tap. Pag nighttime at uwian na, sa Greenbelt 5 pahirapan sa elevators sa gitna dahil most people take them to get to the parking area kahit may escalators naman.

Landmark TriNoma is way better than Makati. Big restroom at may elevators (yung elevator ng Makati branch pang-employees pero nakikisakay pa rin kami minsan pag naka-stroller).

Eastwood Mall is also baby-friendly. May breastfeeding station, workin elevators, and spacious. Pero don't try to go outside the mall into the city center dahil hindi lahat accessible by stroller, kulang sa ramps at sikip ng restrooms.

I don't like SM malls much. Too crowded at sobrang excited sumakay ang mga tao sa elevators (yung mga may gulong ang di makasakay).

Pinakaayaw ko ang Robinson's Galleria. Mamma mia, sobrang sikip ng restrooms kahit wala kang dalang bata nakakainis na. Same with elevators.

enjey

  • Guest
Re: BABY FRIENDLY PLACES around the METRO?
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 11:04:57 am »
^ i live in ortigas so madalas kami sa Robinsons Galleria or Edsa Shangrila. Walking distance kasi kami sa Galleria so mas madalas kami dun.  Hassle lang ngayon kasi nirerenovate ang elevators nila so we use the service elevator. Pangit pero okay na din kasi hinde ginagamit or hinde siguro alam ng mga tao yun kaya walamg laman.  The fact that they have a breastfeeding station and changing table is good enough for me. Maliit lang pero never naman ako nagkaron ng kasabay dun kaya ok na rin sakin. It only has 1 small couch. Siguro 2 moms can share pero siguro uncomfy. Sana ginawa na lang nilang 2 separate single couch para nas okay. Pero since never nga ako nagkaron ng kasabay kaya okay na din. Nahihiga ko pa muna si baby sa couch while im prepping her for feeding.

sistah!

  • Guest
Re: BABY FRIENDLY PLACES around the METRO?
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 12:38:03 pm »
masikip sa robinson galleria pero ok na rin. i go to church there kaya nagagamit namin their nursing room. at least equipped with a changing table. sa megamall kasi, may nursing room pero hindi ka pwede mag-change ng diaper. you have to go to a restroom pa to do that. hassle din. i saw the family lounge in market market. ok naman. maganda sya. separate and nursing rooms from each other para wala kang katabi. there's a fee to use it unless you have their card yata but ok na rin.

camdej2312

  • Guest
Re: BABY FRIENDLY PLACES around the METRO?
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 04:40:10 pm »
Sana ang MOA at Megamall magdagdag ng feeding areas..dami ko lagi kasabay sa Megamall kya mabilisan feeding namin ni bebi, sa MOA naman kasuluksulukan na nga sira pa a/con..haaay parusa..

mrsryan

  • Guest
Re: BABY FRIENDLY PLACES around the METRO?
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 04:17:33 pm »
Does rockwell have a breastfeeding station?

sistah!

  • Guest
Re: BABY FRIENDLY PLACES around the METRO?
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 10:59:39 am »
^ haven't seen a breastfeeding station in Rockwell, which is annoying. however, my friend told me that if you go to the Rockwell office (basement 2), they will allow you to use their meeting room to breastfeed. hassle lang.
I just whip out my nursing cover when we eat at a resto. so far, no complaints, no weird stares, although I rarely breastfeed in public na. i'll still take Rockwell over SM any day because lugging a stroller through SM is horrible. twice na yata ako nagsungit sa elevator girls ng megamall for not prioritizing people with strollers over normal people who can actually take the escalator but for some reason are ridiculously excited to be in elevators.

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: BABY FRIENDLY PLACES around the METRO?
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 11:38:08 am »
Below are the criteria that I look for when I bring my baby to a mall:

-Clean, well maintained mall
-Not too crowded
-Wide walkways
-Well Lit
-Decent ventilation
-Elevator access (though we do not always bring a stroller)
-Has paid bathrooms (for sure these are always clean and have less people)

I usually end up bringing my daughter to the higher end malls - she has only been to megamall and Trinoma once each time. Those malls are way too crowded and poorly ventilated. I don't want my daughter to get sick.

I really like Magnolia, not only is it close to where we live, but the walkways are so wide you would never bump into anyone else. The outside grass patch was executed well, the ground is so even, no holes for toddler to trip over. I let my daughter run around that area when the weather is nice. Downside lang is there is really only one central escalator, but we normally don't bring a stroller anymore when we go to Magnolia as it's not a big mall.

And yes, I really hate people who use the elevator when there's no need for them to use it, especially when they try to cut me when I am with my daughter in a stroller. I told off some girls at Shang Mall as they were trying to cut in front of me.

DV

  • Guest
Re: BABY FRIENDLY PLACES around the METRO?
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 11:57:20 am »
^I agree, Robinson's Magnolia is spacious and baby-friendly, but it's not grownup-friendly! Hahaha. It's nice inside, but the traffic in the area is horrible. And they only have 1 parking ticket booth and 1 exit (correct me if I'm wrong), so the queue of cars going out is just too long. I'm claustrophobic, so when I found out there was only 1 exit, I panicked quietly and had a hard time breathing. No joke.

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: BABY FRIENDLY PLACES around the METRO?
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 01:47:11 pm »
^yup they didn't think about the parking thoroughly. It's not enough for the amount of people going to the mall. Although I've never had an issue with getting out of the parking lot - Greenhills and Megamall were worse for me, taking almost 1 hour just to get out of parking! We always go on a Sunday morning, at 11AM so never experienced bad traffic either.

When we bring my daughter out I don't expect to do any shopping, our trip is solely for her. If I have to do errands, I don't bring my daughter along with me. Only exception is grocery shopping.

pumngold

  • Guest
Re: BABY FRIENDLY PLACES around the METRO?
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 05:35:26 pm »
so far ang mall na pinaka baby friendly for diaper change na pinupuntahan namin si powerplant mall. may sariling cubicle yung baby table nila. may privacy ka when you change, hindi yung lahat ng nasa cr nakatingin sa yo and your baby.

akiteklea

  • Guest
Re: BABY FRIENDLY PLACES around the METRO?
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2013, 12:56:32 am »
Robinson Magnolia, Powerplant mall, Shangrila Mall, Eastwood mall and Greenbelt 5. S&R and robinsons magnolia supermarket for grocery shopping. we've only been to megamall twice pa lang with the baby, during her pictorial and passport application, morning yun para hindi crowded. we brought her the other morning sa trinoma, wala masyado tao dahil weekdays. but i wont dare to bring her to any SM's lalo na sa Trinoma during weekend, grabe sobrang daming tao, baka maka-pick up pa sya ng mga viruses sa mga tao...

pols

  • Guest
Re: BABY FRIENDLY PLACES around the METRO?
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2013, 01:35:44 am »
i agree with sis pumngold. sa powerplant, may faucet din dun sa cubicle with the changing table.  :)

lelila

  • Guest
Re: BABY FRIENDLY PLACES around the METRO?
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2013, 06:56:49 pm »
yes okay ang powerplant mall, may sariling cubicle for the changing table.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close