Author Topic: Civil Wedding and Confession  (Read 5983 times)

iamSummer87

• Probationary
Re: Civil Wedding and Confession
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2012, 08:09:45 pm »
ako effective na mag confess sa pari na di ko kilala. as in kahit na face recognition. para kasi may guilt and shame padin. kahit na sabihin natin na once we have gone through confession, God forgives us and we should forgive ourselves too. Priest is a human being and in depth of our sin, we are ashamed... pero ok na yun, at least aware tayo of our wrongdoings and we will not do it again.  ;)
“I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day,and..I believe in miracles.”―Audrey Hepburn

shadow_man

• GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2013, 03:39:54 pm »
hi sisses, i just want to know your opinions lang. i am already married but sa civil only. 2weeks ago i decided to go for confession. The last time i had is noong nag-aaral pa ako. After telling my confession, the priest asked if i am married. I answered yes but when I told him sa civil lang he reacted on a devastated way. He told me i should get married at church first and then saka ako mag-confession. Kasi daw Jesus wanted me to follow his way. With what happened, i felt rejected and not forgiven. Nahiya ako mga sis kahit pa sabihin na kami lang ng pari nandoon at di pa nya nakikita face ko.

I understand what you felt, minsan kasi some priest are not that good in connecting with the feelings of the other person, but anyway a little clarification as to his (priest) point civil wedding is not so welcomed in the Catholic teaching, after all the officiating official will unite you by virtue of the power vested in him by the law of the republic of the Philippines not under the law of God. Marriage primarily is sacramental,, but the state also solemnize marriages for civil purposes. So it is still good if marriage is done under God's law.

patrizziamarie

• GirlTalker
  • be the change you want to see in the world
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2014, 11:57:49 am »
I remember what our priest presider said: The church in its divinity is perfect but in its humanity is imperfect.

Sad to hear that you felt that way, after all a priest is still a human being and the more they are 'tempted' by the enemy because of their position and their work on evangelizing. Thus we also need to pray for them.

Legally or by laws, it may seem that hindi pwede mag communion without the Sacrament of Matrimony,  however, another priest also told us na, no matter how much of a sinner we are, during communion it is Jesus we are receiving,  thus if we do not do communion it means we are not receiving Jesus. And He is the way, the truth and the life.  And that He already sacrificed himself for our sins. However, that doesn't mean we won't need to confess our sins. Kahit once a year nga lang. At least, that's what they suggest. Sa akin kasi as much as possible I could do it on a monthly basis,  I do it not out of fear but out of love for God.

The challenge of the Pharisees in olden times was that they became to legalistic that they forgot the real reason for these laws, the real spirit which is love.
That's why controversial si Jesus before, because the law then was that nobody should work on a Sabbath day, tapos nung may ginamot siya, he was persecuted for doing such. In which,  the reason why there is a Sabbath is that we could love others and most especially worship God even more. So in connection sa concern mo, still do communion and confession. Because it is the Spirit that's important.  But of course, we cannot by pass the laws thus suggest also plan out soonest when you want to have a church wedding,  kahit mass wedding or any simple wedding, what's important is the actual thing-the sacrament.

I hope this helps with your concern. :)

honeybunny

• i'm a super dooper, mega, hyper
  • Super GirlTalker
  • hahaha
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2015, 05:05:15 am »
i couldn't find a thread for confession so dito ko na lang tatanungin.

mga sis, nagsisimula pa lang akong maging spiritual and i wanna strengthen that. i pray when i am alone kasi hindi ako comfortable pag maraming tao sa paligid or maingay so i usually do it in my room. and i wanna go under confession too.. i'm catholic by the way

if i may ask, what are the steps ba sa church? this may sound stupid, but i'll ask anyway kasi may nabasa ako sa online na meron pang sasabihin sa priest before the start of confession, like a prayer or something.. then yun na..

sorry totally clueless talaga ako..
i don't need education, i need inspiration.
                   if i was just educated, i'd be a damn fool.

*whoever said money can't buy happiness didn't know where to go shopping

mariz11

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2015, 09:27:26 am »
^sis

I researched as well before I went to confess. Sa Greenbelt ako and si Father na ang nag-simula mag-salita. So I did the sign of the cross and he asked me when was my last confession. And then he asked for my sins na. After that may sinabi siya but since I was sobbing di ako naka-focus sa kaniya. Ahehe. He then told me to recite the act of contrition which was posted sa tabi nung mini-window for confession. And since di ko nga maintindihan instructions niya di ko na maalala if he told me to pray Our Father... Ahehe. Hope this helps :)

quinone

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2015, 12:51:27 pm »
sabi ni St. Faustina dapat ipag-pray before confession yung pari na pagkukumpisalan natin. here is the quote:

"Throughout my probation, I prayed for light for the priest to whom I was to open up my soul to its depths. I asked God that He Himself would help me and grant me the grace to be able to express even the most secret things that exist between me and Him and to be so disposed that, whatever the priest would decide, I would accept as coming from Jesus Himself."

sabi nga ni holding on, dapat crossed arms, ganyan nga sinasabi sa internet. yung mga young kids din na di pa nakapag first communion, pati mga other religion na nagsimba sa catholic church ganun rin ang advice. the priest will bless you ata imbes na bigyan ka ng communion.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close