watch now

Author Topic: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?  (Read 40366 times)

happyscent

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2014, 12:49:13 pm »
yes spending more on good skin care is important for healthy skin. But as they say, beauty is only skin deep, You can't eat beauty. Smiling more and finding inner peace and joy will bring a thousand more glow and radiance that people cannot explain, it simply overflows. :)

With good skin care, make-up will make you more beautiful.

burberi

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2014, 12:52:32 pm »
Your list is shocking! Hehe. I didn't buy mine in bulk. Pag ganon kasi, sabay sabay ang expire nila and I have to shell out a lot again! I first bought what's important, like foundation tapos cheaper setting powder muna, then I slowly built it up and filled it with the expensive brands that I like. Pero pa-isa isa or dalawa lang ang bili ko pag expensive - like Nars and Chanel.

Kaso sumobra yung pagdagdag ko. Dati ang dami makeup and I didn't use all of them. :( My MAC lipstick collection has reached about 30 at some point and I feel bad because I only use two to three lipsticks. I sold about 20, so I only have 10 na palit-palitan nalang. Kahit sa 10 na yun, mga 4 lang lagi ko nagagamit. Sa dami rin ng na-try ko, I have found my HGs kaya I stuck with the same products. Pag naubos, yun na ulit ang bibilin ko.

I used to have four different liquid foundations, about a dozen blushes, and eye shadows pero sayang lang kasi hindi naman nagagamit. Ngayon konti nalang because I found out na less is more (hehe). I have one of the following: primer, liquid foundation, concealer, setting powder, and mascara. Tapos two to three blushes, lipsticks, and eyeshadow palettes. All of them are considered high-end. So to answer your questions, yes, it's worth it to spend so much on makeups. Mas mataas kasi ang quality.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 12:57:10 pm by burberi »

empire_maker16

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2014, 02:44:28 pm »
I remember my old self.. hehe.. I used to splurge na ganyan.. dati i bought worth 20k lang on make up sa nars dahil feeling ko yun ang need ko dahil i have the very super sensitive skin.. and then next, i splurge on Mac Cosmetics on lipsticks naman then i found out na 2-3 lang nagagamit ko.. and sunod nako i splurge worth 40k naman on Korean Cosmetics dahil ang cute ng mga packaging at sa reveiws super benta sila sa akin hehe... ( i hate my old self  :'( )... and latest lang nag splurge ako sa japan cosmetics and thai products worth 50k (skin care and cosmetics) ayun nadala nanaman ako ng packaging at reviews then i buy bulk tapos sa huli lalo lumala skin condition ko to sensitive to super sensitive na at namumula and nagka pimples ako... lagi ako nagaganito.. ang bilis ko kasi mauto sa packaging, reviews at yung "it" brands na usong uso yan gaya gaya ako hahaha..

anyway, ang bottomline here is that pag isipan maigi as in 100000% na isip.. ngayon ang routine ko na lang..

Cleaning and/or Diamond Peel once a month, moisturiser at night, face mask once a week or pag haggard lang and i have my 2 days juice detox or 1 day juice detox once a month ( di ba in order to have good skin, start within...

and for the cosmetics... eto na lang natira... BB cream, 1 pink blush on, 2 lippies and 1 lipgloss, brow line makeup... eto na lang.. super tipid na rin ako.. I hope natutunan ko na lessons ko... and mas simple mas maganda.. Natural lang :)

sassy_gal18

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2014, 05:28:01 pm »
I'm self confessed skincare junkeee.. Lalo na dati nako kahit madami pa ko sabon or shampoo or lotiomhala sige bili. Kahit hindi kasama sa budget go lang ng go. Nasasayang lang sila yes hindi man lang nangangalahati.

Sa make up naman before din over spending ako dyan lalo na pag bagomg sweldo puro lipstick ang hinohoard ko.

But now tipid tipid na. Dun na ko sa muranf version ng ganito ganyan pero syempre check ko rin muna yun quality.

Antigone

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #124 on: July 15, 2014, 06:21:42 am »
I have an addition to my super simple skincare:

Rosehip oil

So same pa din, sa gabi, Celeteque skin cleanser or Dove soap (doesn't matter, depends ano mas madali abutin), Physiogel AI lotion or cream + 3 drops of Sukin 100% organic rosehip oil. Pag umaga, same lang but without rosehip oil, then put sunblock.

Murang mura lang! :)


xxkitkatkissesxx

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #125 on: July 15, 2014, 09:39:51 am »
For me, spending more on skincare products is better. Because if you have good skin to begin with, then you won't need to use much makeup/cosmetics. But of course, it's also important to have good health, and good health comes with healthy skin,hair,nails, and happiness. :) And if you're happy, you'll smile more, and a smile is the best cosmetic any girl could wear. :)

nettiebelle

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #126 on: July 15, 2014, 10:42:41 am »
I think it is OK to spend a lot for skin care. Pero in my case, I'm always looking for cheaper alternatives to my usual skin care products but really delivers. Addict din ako sa make-up, hindi maiiwasan, lalo na dati I want quantity, talagang bumibili ako ng maraming lipsticks in different shades. Pero nung narealize ko na masyadong malaki gastos ko sa make up at kailangan mag save, mas binibili ko nalang yung shades na araw araw kong pwede gamitin pero good quality.

junepets

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2014, 01:52:58 pm »
i spend a lot on skin care..
and now on makeup..

dati am fine with anything.. lalo na sa lipstick.
but when i tried mac lippies..
i love them na..
sa ibang lippies kasi.. lagi ako nag touch up.
but with mac.. no need for that..

for skin care naman... monthly facial and dp lang sa derma ko..
my goal also is to go out even without makeup..
medyo achieveable na sya ngayon..
sun block and ben nye powder lang.
and of course lippie..
am good to go...

hisana

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2014, 06:32:38 pm »

Dumaan din ako sa phase na ganyan in my early 20s, when I still trying to figure out which products work best for me. (Unfortunately) hiyangan pagdating sa products di ba, so you really have to test out a lot of these before finding your favorites. Malas na lang kung expensive talaga yung taste mo in makeup and skincare, haha.

Anyway, I don't really wear makeup that much kaya tipid naman in that aspect. I'd rather spend most of my kikay budget on skincare from l'occitane and lancome, and sometimes stuff for my hair. Medyo pricey, but I like them and they do the job well!

patty1014

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #129 on: July 19, 2014, 05:58:21 pm »
Worth it! You should never scrimp on what you put on your face. It's harder and more expensive to fix problems if for example you break out from something that irritated your skin. More often than not, sayang lang din lahat ng cheaper cosmetics na binili mo, even if marami ang mabibili mo, because in the end, the quality is really just different.. We don't have to have all the lipstick, blush or eyeshadow shades. Hindi rin necessary na makisabay sa uso or to have the latest makeup.. I say stick to the basics, and splurge on the basics. =)

amethyst028

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #130 on: July 19, 2014, 10:32:48 pm »
ako rin mas priority ko ang skin care kasi yun ang base. kahit anong mahal ng makeup kung hindi naman makinis ang skin hindi rin maganda ang result. i only buy what i need sayang kasi ma e-expire lang pag bili ng bili kalat pa sa dresser. it doesn't matter if it's expensive or not, ang importante it works for you. i've tried expensive ones na hindi naman ok and modest priced ones na super effective.

i am in love with makeup forever but i find the price ridiculous kaya i settled for something na maganda ang quality pero hindi mahal. as long as maganda ang result it's ok for me.

sugardrop

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2014, 11:38:06 am »
Inexpensive skin care products work for me better than pricey ones like iWhite and Celeteque. Pinaka-mahal ko na yatang skin care na ginagamit is sunblock from Belo. As long as I keep my skin hydrated by drinking lots of water and protected from the harmful effects of the sun, I think I'm good to go. I break out with branded or high ends ones kaya I splurge on makeup na lang. Jan mo naman ako hindi mapapagamit ng local brands. Pinaka-inexpensive kong makeup are eyeshadows, glosses,  and liners from Essence since okay naman quality nila.

rae

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2014, 11:14:03 pm »
^ I'm the same.

My priority is skin care, but thankfully, I don't need to spend so much for it kasi I'm not into packaging. With skin care, I buy the active ingredient, not the brand.

With makeup, I always thought I can stick to drugstore when I was just beginning. Kaso, I ended up buying a lot of stuff I only half-like. Lalo na with complexion products and lipsticks. All else, I'm good with drugstore.

With lipsticks, I like the really opaque matte ones that apply evenly and doesn't become crusty by the end of the day. Sobrang konti ng ganun from the drugstore and walang outrageous colors that I tend to be favoring these days (like purple).

With foundations naman, wala akong exact match from the drugstore, I can only buy sheer ones dahil di halata yung mismatch. My skin is very yellow with a slight green tinge. The only really yellow foundation I see in the drugstore is L'Oreal Super Blendable 4.5 and L'Oreal Lucent Magique in Gold Shell. Overpriced din naman ang L'Oreal sa Pilipinas, bordering high-end na.

sassy_gal18

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2014, 08:59:44 am »
Skincare? Yes.
Cosmetic? Maybe.

Pareho silang nilalagay sa skin so mas ok pag may quality. Prevention is better than cure so ok kung spend too much sa skincare basta ok sayo not because nadala ka lang sa hype.

Cosmetic. Isa pa to. Mas ok siguro yung may qualitu talaga since may mga tao na hindi pwedeng walang make up kasi need sa work or mas ok tignan pag medyo may make up kesa naman putlain. Cousin ko nasira muka dahil sa kakabili ng murang make up sa local drugstores. Hanggang ngayon hindi na bumalik sa dati kutis nya.

Ireneeeeee

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2014, 05:06:18 pm »
Nauubos pera ko sa kakatry kung anong hiyang sakin. Dun lang siguro sa part na yun magastos kasi trial and error talaga eh kahit skin care or cosmetics pa. What works for others may not work for me kaya ayan subok lang ng subok. I also tried going to the derma before, effective naman pero I could not sustain it and I noticed mas naging sensitive pa skin ko kakaprick and kakaapply nila ng kung ano anong chemicals. So when I stopped going to the derma, ok naman na skin ko. Siguro I splurge lang talaga sa oral skin vitamins kasi sa topical treatments naiimmune din ako so I could not maintain it for long kasi dumarating ang time wala na effect sa akin.

So I realized minsan kahit super mahal, hindi naman ako hiyang pero maraming mura din na nahihiyang ko naman. Like lately I've been using the rejuv set from Professional Skin Care at super hiyang ako. Pero nakakatuwa kasi mura lang sya. From Clinique set I used last year  (which unfortunately didn't work for me and seem to make my skin dull) tapos eto. So there. Swertihan at hit and miss lang talaga. Try and try until you find your HG.. (or until maimmune skin mo?) ^^
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 05:08:11 pm by Ireneeeeee »

junepets

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #135 on: July 21, 2014, 05:36:30 pm »
ako din kung ano ano ni try ko dati..
nagkaron ako cystic pimples dati kakatry ng kung ano ano sa face ko..
hanggang sa i found the best skin  care for me...
neutrogena deep clean foaming facial cleanser and alcohol-free toner..
nawala mga pimps ko...
then... mineral makeup...
over time.. na iimprove nya skin texture ko.. happy na ko.. but am not that super flawless..

then lately (mga nakaka 4 visits pa lang ako) nagpapa derma na ko..
feeling ko naging okay lalo condition face ko..

then one time.. napakita ko photo ko (without makeup) sa friend ko..
matagal na rin nya ko di nakita..
ganda raw ng skin ko ngayon.. pinkish na may glow..

then she asked me kung mahilig ba ko sa fruits.
then i remember..
di nawawala sa daily food intake ko ang carrot/cucumber juice..

so there..

minsan talaga..
we need to try...
pag di okay. then stop..
hanggang sa makita natin ang HG skin care and cosmetics for us...

KoiKoi

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #136 on: July 21, 2014, 06:02:40 pm »
I was planning to spend my money sa mga makeup and I dont know how to start.. buti na lang nabasa ko ang thread na to. :) During my college years kasi wala akong pakialam kung ano ang itsura ko..I mean I dont even put loose powder on my face. Hanggang lip balm lang siguro pag may time. Ok naman ang skin ko, except na medyo may pagka oily ang face and nagkakaroon lang ng zits during menstrual period. Ngayon na magkakatrabaho na ako, iniisip ko na kailangan ko na talaga mag ayos. Nagkaroon ako ng insecurities bigla (and that's the reason why I joined in this network lately).  ;D ;D

Anyway, as I've realized, skin care muna bago makeup. :D



redhead69

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #137 on: July 22, 2014, 03:37:42 pm »
Yes.  I know there are expensive skin care or cosmetics out there, but there are also cheap but very effective products out there. For me i spend alot for my skin care and cosmetics because our body deserves the best.

Especially our body represents who we really are. In applying for a job, A nice make up and fresh skin would probably the best thing to do. When you and your boyfriend or husband would go out for a date, having a smooth skin and a natural make up will be great. All of these applies in everyday we do. So for me spending money for these will be totally worth it.

sugardrop

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #138 on: July 23, 2014, 01:19:54 am »
As long as you do not spend beyond your means. :)

Miss.Pancake

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #139 on: July 23, 2014, 01:36:37 am »
For me, not necessary. Kasi i have sensitive skin and expensive make up or beauty products doesn't mean it will work for me. I'm using one cheap beauty product which is maxipeel and among all the anti pimple products i used ito lang yun nag work efficiently sakin. Take note on a very cheap price. So i don't think it's worth to spend too much on cosmetics or skin care. I even bought yun SKII na wala dito sa Pinas pero hindi ko rin nagamit kasi my skin find it harsh. Nasayang lang yun pera ko kasi one bottle of their cream was 4K.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close