Author Topic: how do you ask God for a favor?  (Read 5987 times)

miss resilient

• Nagbabalik......
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • IloveJeremiah
Re: how do you ask God for a favor?
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 03:59:41 pm »
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.
Seek first the kingdom of God and His RIGHTEOUSNESS..and all these things will be added unto you.

xyeZZZ

• GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2013, 08:40:55 am »
When I asked favor to God, I put it in writing. I prayed, I believed and I claimed his promises. Sometimes di mo na namamalayan, unti -unti na pala siyang nagkakatotoo.  Hindi  naman lahat ng ina-ask ko binigay niya, pero so far I'm grateful, binigay niya kung ano ang best para sa akin.

Matthew 6:33
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

To God be the glory!
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.

love.m.i.

• Probationary
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2013, 05:20:14 pm »
I was very sick then.  It was the feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  I prayed to Jesus, please heal me through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, and expounded on how great She is.   Believe it or not, the next day, I was healed!

If it's a wish for something else, like you, I mention the reason for requesting (yung kelangan mo yung file mo, kaya nahanap mo.)  Ganun din ako, kaya pinagbigyan Nya mga panalangin ko.  It's very important that we are careful with what we say because we are speaking to no one else but our Creator!  A person I know told me that kneeling down is very important as well.

There was a request before, na ngayon lang Nya grinant.  I always believe that blessings are never late, but always on time.  Yes, it's important, claim it!  (Trust 100% He gave it to you)

Very true, seek first His Kingdom, rest will follow.  I attest to this!!!   ex. pray the rosary for conversion, peace among people, nation, etc.  When we attend mass, praise Him deeply.  Di mo napapansin, ang hiling mo, will be granted.  Again, di pwede ipush si God, He'll grant it when He feels it right. But if not, something better will be given, perfect for us.  :-)

caterpillar-girl

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2014, 03:12:40 am »
^Lately lang ako natuto to ask Mary's intercession. And I studied in an all-girls school that celebrated an important part in Mary's life. Will not say nalang which one. Baka masabi pa na it gave such a terrible foundation to its students. Haha. But really I just started, am still learning, the concept of asking Mary's intercession when asking the Lord for His graces.

It's a great discovery and I wish I'd learned about it sooner 
"Like a bird on the wire / Like a drunk in a midnight choir / I have tried in my way to be free."

Clair de Lune

• GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2014, 05:23:42 pm »
God knows our innermost desires, even if it's just a mere idea in our mind.. He knows. But if I really really want it, I ask for it in prayer.. but I always say, if what I ask for is not in accordance to His plan, I will accept whatever outcome. I also ask for strength to accept the outcome if it might be something I can't easily comprehend or if it requires me to swallow my pride. There's this saying, sometimes God's rejection is God's protection. After all, He knows what's best and He has the final say.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close