watch now

Author Topic: Australia thread 6  (Read 116615 times)

La Vida Dulce

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 6
« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2011, 03:08:51 pm »
hi mga sis, i have a job offer from an australian company, they will sponsor me for a 457 visa, anybody applied for this visa recently? how long was the processing? been reading some forums and its from 7 days - 3months...also i tried backreading, baka may tiga-melbourne dito, can you share a sample cost of living? the location of my work to be is East Bentleigh...

TIA

I live very close to East Bentleigh! :D

I could probably give you a rough idea of the cost of living here based on my and my husband's weekly expenses:

Public transport: $30 a week for a weekly Myki or a weekly Metcard. You can use either of these tickets for the public transport network (the train, trams and buses, depending on the zone). East Bentleigh is zone 1 and it's $30.

Groceries: My husband and I spend about $80-$100 a week on groceries (that includes food, toiletries, miscellaneous domestic stuff), but we don't eat lunch at home so only meat and veggies  for dinner/bread/rice/juices/milk/cereal comprise food in the weekly grocery bill.

Takeaway lunch (we eat lunch at work): Minimum $6 per meal. The average price for a meal would be about $10.

Rent: We pay $320 per week for a two bedroom flat and the last time we looked around it's now an average of $350 for a ONE bedroom flat, so we're lucky that we're paying lower than that.

Petrol: My husband and I share the petrol bill and it's about $40 per week. We drive a Volkswagen Jetta and it's got good fuel economy so other cars would go through more than $40's worth of petrol a week. We pay $500 for our car loan repayments.

Movie tickets I think cost about $18, I haven't been in a while and that's how much I remember paying.

A takeaway coffee is about $3.00 for a small cup.

My monthly mobile phone plan is $50 and I get about $400 worth of calls and texts, plus about 400kb data download allowance. Plans start at $20 I think.

Hubby and I both go to the gym and we pay $23 a week.

That's all I can think of for now! :)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 03:11:58 pm by La Vida Dulce »

jddrgn

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 6
« Reply #121 on: June 05, 2011, 02:11:54 am »
madami bang job opportunities when it comes sa advertising or arts?and yung company ba hinahandle nila yung working visa ng employee?

any website where i can search job in australia?

thanks a lot.i really need to know.

La Vida Dulce

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 6
« Reply #122 on: June 05, 2011, 07:37:34 am »
^I'm afraid not, there is a saturation of Arts graduates, and there are not many job opportunities in Advertising. I've worked in an advertising agency and we used to get so many CV's of people (experienced in Advertising or otherwise) who won't get any jobs with the agency at all.

kawchpatatas

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 6
« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2011, 05:42:33 am »
hi... may taga Adelaide ba dito? help naman.  I'm on a 3 day holiday here on Adelaide. we're staying at Stamford hotel at Glenelg. ano bang magandang puntahan na close dito? we're going Barossa valley for wine tasting. how 'bout shopping? ano bang magandang puntahan?
..and we are going to Melbourne after. Saan ba maganda mag shopping don? and also nakapunta na ba kayo sa Costco, Melbourne? Okay den ba pumunta don?

layzieg

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 6
« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2011, 10:35:10 am »
Hi,

Are there any job opportunties for Buyers/ Merchandisers in OZ? I have a bf in Melbourne who is under 457 working visa and I want to follow him sana.
Thanks

amy_blu77

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 6
« Reply #125 on: June 14, 2011, 06:36:09 am »

..and we are going to Melbourne after. Saan ba maganda mag shopping don? and also nakapunta na ba kayo sa Costco, Melbourne? Okay den ba pumunta don?

try to visit DFO in southwharf and the city

nadialicious16

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 6
« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2011, 04:25:38 pm »
Hello mga sis, paki enlighten naman ako baka mayroon may idea jan sa inyo regarding my question. I have a friend kasi under student visa ngayon nag tanong sya sa immigration kung paano sya makaka work ng fulltime. the immigration said change sya ng visa to working, only if there's a company na magsponsor sa kanya offering him to work fulltime. naguluhan lang ako kasi from what i know, dapat skilled or nasa SOL ka di ba before you can get a working visa? or okay lang na mag working visa as long as yung company sponsoran ka ? correct me if i'm wrong na lang mga sis. tia.

kawchpatatas

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 6
« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2011, 05:13:08 pm »
try to visit DFO in southwharf and the city
thanks sis!.. I haven't been to DFO. but we went to chapel street,in the city.. sarap ng shopping!

prisma

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 6
« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2011, 09:20:08 pm »
Re Shopping in Melbourne:

Mega sale ngayon.  Great timing.  Grand opening pa ng Zara today.

Please visit Bourke Street, Collins St and Little Collins St. ( for  boutique stores selling shoes )

Bourke street- myers mega stocktake sale, David Jones 50% off, adidas 40% off

Buy shoes here-  ang dami maganda, fashionable shoes.  Yun wala sa Pinas.

I have bern to a lot of countries but wala pa rin tatalo sa shoes dito.

magic dragon

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 6
« Reply #129 on: June 16, 2011, 09:16:31 pm »
@ nadia, i think the immig was referring to ENS (Employer Nomination Scheme). try to explore that at DIAC site. not really sure.

port80*

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 6
« Reply #130 on: June 16, 2011, 11:52:25 pm »
Hello mga sis, paki enlighten naman ako baka mayroon may idea jan sa inyo regarding my question. I have a friend kasi under student visa ngayon nag tanong sya sa immigration kung paano sya makaka work ng fulltime. the immigration said change sya ng visa to working, only if there's a company na magsponsor sa kanya offering him to work fulltime. naguluhan lang ako kasi from what i know, dapat skilled or nasa SOL ka di ba before you can get a working visa? or okay lang na mag working visa as long as yung company sponsoran ka ? correct me if i'm wrong na lang mga sis. tia.

Sis, the company can only sponsor a 457 visa if the position is in the SOL.

remilicious

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 6
« Reply #131 on: June 22, 2011, 04:32:35 pm »
hi mga sis, i have a job offer from an australian company, they will sponsor me for a 457 visa, anybody applied for this visa recently? how long was the processing? been reading some forums and its from 7 days - 3months...also i tried backreading, baka may tiga-melbourne dito, can you share a sample cost of living? the location of my work to be is East Bentleigh...

TIA

Hi! I also want to work in Australia! How did you find a job there?

aiyayil

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 6
« Reply #132 on: June 28, 2011, 11:48:11 am »
i was redirected here.. hehe! mali yung nipagpost-an ko ng aking concern.. anyway, hope somebody is able to help me:

wow! may thread palang ganito, thank God!

papa-advise lang ako sa inyo my dear sisses :)

my fiance is planning for me (and our future family) and him na magmigrate sa australia.  his dad is a pastor and madaming connection, mayroon inaanak dun ang daddy nya na nagvouch na talaga at nagcommit to help him in the processing.  nabanggit na rin naman na we already have plans of getting married next year december.  ngayon ang problema (well, di naman talaga problem, more of we just need sound advise), how do we go about it? si fiance is already coordinating with the inaanak-supporter sa processing ng visa/migration papers. sasabay na rin ba ako sa kanya? or i'll wait na lang na makasal kami para spouse visa na lang?

also, ang plan is to lodge the application asap (this july) kasi di ba magtake effect yung bagong point system by july this year.  ang sabi nung inaanak-supporter, kapag ok at naapprove na yung papers ni fiance, as early as next year pwede na sha magpunta dun.

parang ako, paano ako? iiwan nya ba ako dito kasi nga december pa ang wedding namin... i just want lang sana the best way on how to go about migrating to australia given our situation..

napahaba na.. hehe! tsaka can you please give me the blow-by-blow ng process talaga ng migration kung may 'expert' at napagdaanan na iyong process dito.. i already browsed the immigration website and all, pero mejo lost pa rin talaga ako.. hehe! pahelp naman po...

TIA!

shel27

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 6
« Reply #133 on: June 29, 2011, 06:24:59 am »

Thanks sis, I'm still here in NZ waiting for my visa...I'm looking for a house share when I move to Melbourne, the company will pay for 2 months accomodation...Ang tagal ng visa ko, I'm really excited na and so many things to do here pa before I move.

 
I live very close to East Bentleigh! :D

I could probably give you a rough idea of the cost of living here based on my and my husband's weekly expenses:

Public transport: $30 a week for a weekly Myki or a weekly Metcard. You can use either of these tickets for the public transport network (the train, trams and buses, depending on the zone). East Bentleigh is zone 1 and it's $30.

Groceries: My husband and I spend about $80-$100 a week on groceries (that includes food, toiletries, miscellaneous domestic stuff), but we don't eat lunch at home so only meat and veggies  for dinner/bread/rice/juices/milk/cereal comprise food in the weekly grocery bill.

Takeaway lunch (we eat lunch at work): Minimum $6 per meal. The average price for a meal would be about $10.

Rent: We pay $320 per week for a two bedroom flat and the last time we looked around it's now an average of $350 for a ONE bedroom flat, so we're lucky that we're paying lower than that.

Petrol: My husband and I share the petrol bill and it's about $40 per week. We drive a Volkswagen Jetta and it's got good fuel economy so other cars would go through more than $40's worth of petrol a week. We pay $500 for our car loan repayments.

Movie tickets I think cost about $18, I haven't been in a while and that's how much I remember paying.

A takeaway coffee is about $3.00 for a small cup.

My monthly mobile phone plan is $50 and I get about $400 worth of calls and texts, plus about 400kb data download allowance. Plans start at $20 I think.

Hubby and I both go to the gym and we pay $23 a week.

That's all I can think of for now! :)

shel27

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 6
« Reply #134 on: June 30, 2011, 11:07:06 am »
Finally, praise God, got my visa last night, resign today from my work...So many things to do, sell my car and stuff here in NZ...Got 6 weeks to go before I move to Melbourne...

To all na nag-ask how i got my job, I applied online www.seek.co.nz...got several offers and finally found the one I liked.

See you in melbourne sissies...

jddrgn

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 6
« Reply #135 on: June 30, 2011, 08:51:02 pm »
may chance kaya matanggap agad ang fresh grad?

some told me na sometimes they base it kung san college/university galing

[-c-h-a-]

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 6
« Reply #136 on: July 01, 2011, 04:35:30 am »
^nope. Hindi parang Manila dito na tinitingnan kung graduate ka ng kung anong uni.

shel27

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 6
« Reply #137 on: July 01, 2011, 07:37:50 am »
i agree with sis cha, im blessed kasi dito sa abroad, they don't care about what university we graduate as long as you know the job, maganda experiece mo, then you have a good chance...unlike sa atin "discriminated" agad...

La Vida Dulce

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 6
« Reply #138 on: July 01, 2011, 08:35:59 pm »
^It depends on the industry. I study law and work in a law firm and it's common knowledge that firms almost exclusively hire either Melbourne Uni and Monash grads in Victoria and Uni of Syd and UNSW grads in NSW and so forth. True enough, in the firm that I work in, almost all lawyers are either Melbourne or Monash alumni. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Journalism and when I was doing internships, all the employers were vocal about their preference for Monash and RMIT graduates. And generally in most industries, here in Victoria at least, an employer would prefer hiring a Melbourne Uni or a Monash grad, than say a Victoria Uni or a Swinburne grad. :)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 08:49:47 pm by La Vida Dulce »

[-c-h-a-]

  • Guest
Re: Australia thread 6
« Reply #139 on: July 02, 2011, 05:50:19 am »
^I'm from the IT industry and from the many interviews I have gone to, I've never actually heard anyone vocally express their school preference.

I can say the same thing with Nursing and Aged Care.

But then again, I am from Adelaide and there's only 3 unis here. There's not much choices for employers to actually have a specific preference.

So it could also depend on which State you're residing.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close