watch now

Author Topic: Kathmandu Nepal anyone?  (Read 12097 times)

projectgora

  • Guest
Re: Kathmandu Nepal anyone?
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2015, 04:50:04 pm »
I am supposed to go to Nepal this October but I am a little worried. I was checking the news if it is really safe to travel and to know what’s the progress of rebuilding their infrastructure, but I could not find anything concrete yet. I hope Nepal will communicate clearly to prospective tourists which areas are safe to travel. I can definitely volunteer for a day or two, but I still want to go to Pokhara and Nagarkot. I only have 8 days to spend in Nepal and I am hoping to see a little bit of everything :(

lavieenrose

  • Guest
Re: Kathmandu Nepal anyone?
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2015, 01:22:59 am »
^ Spent the same number of days in the Kathmandu Valley area last year, including Nagarkot. Didn't go to Pokhara though.
This link might somehow help you decide: https://himalayantrails.wordpress.com This is the tour company we booked with at the time of our trip. You may want to check their facebook account as well, I believe they post updates of the situation from time to time. Or better yet, drop an email to know about the situation 'from the ground'.  October is a few months from now so the situation might also be better by then. :)
 
Also, this link: https://www.facebook.com/LetsVisitNepal/photos/a.227037512231.133237.99334707231/10153298861582232/?type=1&fref=nf

« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 01:45:58 am by lavieenrose »

lavieenrose

  • Guest
Re: Kathmandu Nepal anyone?
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2015, 06:29:31 pm »
^ Addendum: Sharina blog entry from mountaineer Romi Garduce, who also plans to come back in October (for Everest [textspeak!])
http://romigarduce.blogspot.jp/2015/06/nepal-trip-oct-2015-10-days.html

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close