Author Topic: Eco-Friendly Living  (Read 38409 times)

ilovedlc

• GirlTalker
Re: Eco-Friendly Living
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2010, 07:22:52 pm »
i want to have an eco-friendly living kaso madalang ako makakita ng eco-friendly products sa market.
sis there is actually a company who formulated ecofriendly products from laundry powder to skincare it originated from Taiwan and now its here in the Philippines, and I am now shifting my toiletries and skincare to this company.  ;D

snowyice

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2010, 10:25:53 pm »
may alam din akong eco friendly na company  ;D

babyanj

• Senior GirlTalker
  • cruel to be kind
    • Unfairy Tales and Ramblings of an EcoWannabe
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2010, 12:06:30 am »
I haven't been online much, natuwa naman ako buhay pa ang thread na to. I bought some stuff from www.reuseit.com, di ko pa napost sa blog ko eh.

collapsible cup (so I don't have to use plastic cups)
bamboo utensil set with carrycase
reusable sandwich bag

from etsy.com
cloth pantiliners
wet bags (so I don't have to use a plastic bag for stuff when I go swimming, or other travel stuff)
wooden chopsticks

yeah, menstrual cups may not be for everyone. but I'm really happy with mine. I still use a backup sanitary napkin for the second day or when I feel that my period is heavy. but so far, I don't really need it. I think I only used 2 last month :D I bought mine online... on ebay. it's a Ladycup brand

gotta go :D till next time
"There was that law of life, so cruel and so just, that one must grow or else pay more for remaining the same." -Norman Mailer

check out my blog:
http://unfairytalesandramblings.blogspot.com

ilovedlc

• GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2010, 09:20:50 pm »
to my sisses, I am so glad to share a company who actually formulated the products without the chemicals that harms the environment it's got organic laundry powder,floor cleaner,stain remover,dishwashing liquid,soap and handwash, its other products are non organic however, harmful chemicals are replaced.

http://multiply.com/marketplace/list?author_id=valuelifecorp

betty

• happy, enthusiastic, energetic
  • Super GirlTalker
    • my store
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2010, 09:28:52 pm »
anyone know sino ang nagkakabit ng grass roof ?

lordknight_aiz.18

• I Could Not Ask For More..
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Love God Above All
    • Skin Classics
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2010, 09:56:17 pm »
anong company snowy ice?  :)
Luke 12:15
"...even when a person has an abundance, his life does not result from the things he possesses.”

http://sophiemart

silver_dust

• GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2010, 07:10:04 pm »
@babyanj: I love your blog, it's so informative. :)

I'm glad to have found this thread. I'm also trying to have an eco-friendly lifestyle, which I started last year as a New Year's resolution. I even try to convert my family & friends to make small but permanent changes in their lifestyle. I'm so happy my brother now also uses a shopping bag when going to the supermarket. <3

I also shifted to organic personal care products. I agree that these are more expensive than commercial products but the knowledge that you're helping the environment is worth the few extra pesos.

Recycling ill-fitting/old clothes and upcycling fabrics have become a hobby too. Problema nalang eh yung creativity part. :))

One of my concerns right now is that "eco" is becoming some sort of a fad. It's a double-edged sword, IMO. Good because people are now more aware of what we can do to help the environment. Bad because these eco drives are oftentimes limited to shopping bags...or reusing, in general. Some people confuse recycling and reusing, thinking it's interchangeable.

Anyway, sana more people will actually do the 3 Rs and be more conscious of their carbon footprint. :) Hats off to fellow GT-ers and environment advocates! Make Mother Nature proud!  ;D
Just looking around.

snowyice

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2010, 12:14:47 am »
anong company snowy ice?  :)

dlc sis, it's products are either organic or eco-friendly.  I have personally purchased several products from them and satisfied ako sa lahat so far.  ;D

snowyice

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2010, 12:17:48 am »
to my sisses, you may want to check this link
http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,235459.0.html

not all products who claim to be environmental friendly are dedicated to their statement, you may want to familiarize yourself to these chemicals so you can read the ingredients before purchasing a product.

lordknight_aiz.18

• I Could Not Ask For More..
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Love God Above All
    • Skin Classics
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2010, 12:30:46 pm »
yung dlc ba filipino-owned?  :D
Luke 12:15
"...even when a person has an abundance, his life does not result from the things he possesses.”

http://sophiemart

snowyice

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2010, 07:09:26 pm »
yung dlc ba filipino-owned?  :D

Malaysian ata but the company DLC  company started in Taiwan and wala pang 1year dito sa pinas. What I like about this company when I listened to their product demo held by the person who actually formulated the product she said, "if you found anything in our product that is not good to our health or for the environment just let us know and we will be glad to change it". o dba?! I never heard anyone said that before  ;)

ilovedlc

• GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2010, 11:26:13 am »
I am a distributor of DLC  to our gt sisses I would say this is the company who is actually eco-friendly though I'm not saying that this is the only one kaya sa mga gustong maging eco-friendly you may want to add DLC  to your list  ;D

greenpease05

• Let's All Be Beautiful!!!!
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Be nice!!!!
    • http://greenpease05.blogspot.com
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2010, 03:35:46 pm »
I only have a few contribution to this.

1. we only light up the house in the evening starting 6pm. front lights/ christmas lights were only lit from 6 to 9pm since may malapit na lamp post sa tabi ng bahay.

2. Bedroom Airconditioning  only starts at 10pm til 4am. WE seldom use electric fans din bilang mahangin naman dito sa min. sometimes we use only one sa office area.

3. wastes are segregated cardboard boxes, glass bottles, plastic bottles and plastic bags (not needed) all goes to the junk shop. yung pinag bilhan ng mga ito hati hati sa household help.

4. we have water reserve which we use for watering the garden.

5. during grocery days we use eco bags or carton boxes para di na kami bigyan ng plastic bags.

eto palang nagagawa namin so far sa loob ng house.

Prevention Is Better Than Cure!!!

www.beautycornerph.com
www.amberlightslaguna.com

silver_dust

• GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2010, 08:35:58 pm »
If you have eco-stuffs that you are selling post your details, so we can check it or share with our friends. I really do support people who extend their concerns with our environment.

Sis, I sell Human Nature products. Just check my link below. :)

Just looking around.

snowyice

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2010, 01:16:05 pm »
ayan madami ng pagpipilian

greenpease05

• Let's All Be Beautiful!!!!
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Be nice!!!!
    • http://greenpease05.blogspot.com
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2010, 06:10:28 pm »
I naman sell soya scented candles which doesn't do too much harm in our environment.

Amber Lights Laguna Scented candle is the name.

Prevention Is Better Than Cure!!!

www.beautycornerph.com
www.amberlightslaguna.com

chocobaby

• Sewing Machine Slave
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2010, 11:48:46 pm »
@chocobaby: hi!! are you the owner of pinupgirl manila? i'm a fan!

recycling/upcycling materials for new products/dresses is definitely the way to go. medyo negative lang yung reaction ng ibang tao for now since they see it as, well, recycled. pero if we re-package naman to make it look ultra presentable, then people wouldn't be squeamish about it.

@blatherina: around march siguro yung store. we're aiming for cubao. and yep, definitely not expensive yung price ;D. after all, we're trying to support the local industry by using locally and readily-available supplies.

skl: a cute convo happened the last time i went to a bazaar. i bought a dress tapos yung sales person told me "Miss, for mother earth po tayo." i thought he was referring to the green dress that i bought.
 yun pala, that was his way of telling me na wag nang-iplastic yung dress since i have with me a large canvass bag. It's a good thing pati sa mga bazaars, they promote din na wag nang gumamit ng plastic bags for small purchases.

keep your suggestions coming mga sisses!

yes po ^_^; hay wish ko din more people would be aware of the pros of upcycling diba? ngayon nga naghoard ako ng cotton linen kasi yun lang ang pinkaeco friendly at accessible na fabric para sa store.

ang nice naman ng plans mo! sana ako din :) goal ko [textspeak!] magkaron ng store sa cubao x. more power sa ating lahat!

blatherina

• GirlTalker
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2010, 12:11:44 pm »

Can you imagine, an entire street in Cubao lined with eco-stores and services? Ubos ang sahod ko. heh

Anlakas daw makapangit ng katamaran... Backread naman jan! XD

prisma

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2010, 08:30:56 pm »
I buy recycled clothes and houseware from time to time.

Lots of great finds in Salvos, Vinnies and Savers...super mura na, maganda pa.  kelangan lang tyagaan sa pag hanap.

the_missus

• GirlTalker
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2011, 01:29:43 pm »
at home, we use biodegradable cleaners so it's safe for the environment na, safe din for us. i try to buy in bulk those items that we often use. of course, we do recylcing but I think what I really  need to do is limit my purchases.

for furniture and housewares, we invest in good pieces so that it doesn't require changing or doesn't get damaged easily. when we had our house built, we bought old wood for our floors and bought antique furniture, so no new trees were cut.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close