Author Topic: GRADE SCHOOLS IN QC  (Read 193524 times)

darna88

• Senior GirlTalker
any nice mainstream school in quezon city area?
« Reply #220 on: October 08, 2015, 10:49:53 am »
can you ssuggest a nice mainstream school preferable quezon city area thanks so much

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
Re: GRADE SCHOOLS IN QC
« Reply #221 on: October 09, 2015, 04:00:36 pm »
^ By mainstream, you mean traditional?

PAREF-Northfield at Scout Gandia is one.  It's an all-boys school though.

I've also heard good reviews of Mater Christi at Loyola Heights.  It's co-ed.

darna88

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #222 on: October 11, 2015, 01:50:15 am »
sis yun small scale ratio lang na school na may grade school sana tapos may program sa mga may learning diability or delays..

lilsaintsm0m

• Junior GirlTalker
  • is a mother and everything else after that..
« Reply #223 on: October 11, 2015, 05:28:10 pm »
Sis try The Learning Tree. . This was suggested by my son's Psychologist before. Ang alam ko they do mainstream also there is a school in Teachers Village I forgot the name lang. Marami na sis na nag mamainstream ngayon pero I know they limit lang like 2speds per level :)

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #224 on: October 13, 2015, 10:40:51 am »
^^ The Nest and Torch of Life in the UP/Teacher's Village area

Ask your developmental pedia and therapists for recs.

darna88

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #225 on: October 26, 2015, 05:01:13 am »
ok din sana si nest kaso medyo layo na samin  :-\

how about keys manila ? its progressive school daw but they accept kids with special needs. kaso mahal daw tuition as high as 200 thou? :-[

periwinkle

• Im just cruisin'.. down this highway of life..
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #226 on: October 29, 2015, 10:52:02 am »
Hello mga sis,

I have an incoming grade schooler next year. I am torn between two schools: St. Theresa's College and School of the Holy Spirit (BF Homes, QC). Both school have good academic standards based on my research. Main advantage of STC is mas kilala, I have heard many good feedback, and they value simplicity daw among students which I like. I dont have a lot of feedback sa Holy Spirit, but main advantage for me is just 15 minutes from our house (I live in the Commonwealth area).

Any additional feedback from the two schools to help me decide? Thank you so much!
I feel the breeze, my top is down, and all I do is ride around
and where I go I just don`t care, a place to chill to get away
I take it day by day, no work or play no where to stay,
and I just need to clear my mind to find my role and space in time

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #227 on: October 29, 2015, 03:16:22 pm »
^ I studied in Holy Spirit.  It's a good school, very academically-oriented.  Most of us in our batch got accepted in the top universities (UP, Ateneo, DLSU, UST) and are practicing professionals.  During our time, nuns were still running the school and we had very strict rules.  Simplicity was also practiced, medyo extreme lang (like, we're not allowed to wear flashy jewelry in school, hair accessories are limited to black or white only, etc.).  Nowadays, it's not as strict, I heard (because some of my classmates send their daughters there), but the academic standards remain high.  Mas balanced daw these days because they also have various extra-curricular activities which we had so few of during my time.  I'd like to believe that it has maintained its good reputation in the academic community because most grads are excelling in the top universities.

periwinkle

• GirlTalker
« Reply #228 on: October 29, 2015, 03:37:25 pm »
Thank you sis marose. I'll visit Holy Spirit next week din.

hyder0926

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #229 on: November 03, 2015, 05:07:02 pm »
my son passed the Sr. Kinder screening at Lourdes QC.. i believe this is our first choice for his grade school due to proximity to our home. its just 2 blocks away. we can do away with the school service yay! =)

darna88

• Senior GirlTalker
any inclusion school in quezon city or san juan area?
« Reply #230 on: November 07, 2015, 08:49:44 pm »
mgs sis im looking for an inclusion school here in quezon city near new manila area, or san juan area yun may elementary na sana for my 5 yr old son hope you can recommend.. so far etocol palang kinoconsider ko
-cradle of joy
-colf
-jasms

periwinkle

• GirlTalker
« Reply #231 on: December 08, 2015, 11:47:24 am »
I was torn between St. Theresa's and Holy Spirit, kaso nagbago ang lahat ng nakapasa ang daughter ko sa Centro Montessori. I'm leaning towards Centro na, pero I have the Christmas break to think about it. The very steep tuition is what makes me think about (kung sulit ba?) but from the looks of it, mukhang one of the best schools.

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #232 on: December 09, 2015, 06:42:24 pm »
^ It's a good school, sis.  Centro Montessori has managed to send few grads each year to Phil. Science High School.  I believe in 2011 or 2012, there were 11 CM grads who passed the Pisay entrance exam, which is remarkable for a small school.  If you believe in the Montessori method, go for it.

STC and Holy Spirit are good traditional schools.  If you prefer a traditional all-girls school, you won't go wrong with any of these two.

periwinkle

• GirlTalker
« Reply #233 on: December 10, 2015, 08:51:44 am »
Thanks sis Marose. Sa montessori siya nag pre-school and will be graduating this March, and nagustuhan ko talaga ang montessori method. Looks like go na nga kami sa Centro. Actually I first heard of the school based din dito sa feedback mo, and I tried applying nga. I was so happy nakapasa ang daughter ko. They did not have the usual "test" kase. It's a whole day trial class and i-oobserve talaga ang bata kung kaya niya. Hindi lang yung aptitude ang pina-uusapan dito kundi yung maturity din ng bata, I think, na makipagsabayan sa mga classmate niya to do montessori work with minimal supervision. Kaya ayun. Thanks again!

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #234 on: December 11, 2015, 11:29:06 am »
^ I hope though that your daughter will get the really good teacher from lower elem since she will be working with the same teacher for 3 years.  I have former co-parents from the Montessori preschool my kids attended who sent their kids to Centro and eventually pulled them out because there's a teacher there who is not so good. Let's just say hindi maganda ang feedback sa kanya.  I don't want to name names.  Just keep your eyes open and observe, or better yet, talk to the other parents who have kids who've been there for some time.  There are many kids who thrive in CM and a few who don't.  In a Montessori setting, I'd say that the directress/teacher-student relationship is very critical especially since they will be working together for 3 years, unlike in traditional schools where you have different subject teachers and a different class adviser every year.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 11:35:17 am by marose17 »

periwinkle

• GirlTalker
« Reply #235 on: December 11, 2015, 02:47:35 pm »
^Oh, thanks for this feedback sis. I will try to ask around. Though wala akong kakilala na parents din ng mga existing students doon. Will ask the admin if they have more than one teacher for the lower elementary, kase when I did the parent observation session there, isa lang yung nakita kong teacher for the lower elementary. I also did an observation on the upper elementary class, and mas magaling nga yung teacher doon kesa dun sa lower elem class. Medyo may konting "likot" pa kase duon sa lower elementary class kaya hindi ganon ka-peaceful eh. Napahanga ako duon sa upper elem. class nila, talagang the students are on their own and they really study, kahit hindi nakatingin yung teacher. Sana nga, maging ok yung teacher, kase sayang naman.

MaeMae20

• Probationary
« Reply #236 on: January 22, 2016, 10:41:26 am »
hello mommies.. my daughter is turning grade 4 next school year and we plan to transfer her to a big school (she is from a small school kasi .. as in 1 building lang at pinag sama sama mula grade 1-6) ..
here are the list of school na pinuntahan namin and their tuitions fees

Good Shepherd Cathedral School - located at Omega Avenue corner Rado Street, Fairview Park, Quezon City tuition fees for grade 4 is 42k

National Collage Of Business And Arts located at cor. Regalado St. Commonwealth Ave., Fairview Q.C tuition fees for grade 4 is 23k

School of St. Anthony located at Lagro Quezon City tuition fee for frade 4 is 62k

St. Mary's Collage of Quezon City located along Mother Ignacia Avenue, formerly Cebu Avenue, in Quezon City tution fee is 50k

School Of the Holy Spirit of Quezon City  located at F. Sotto, BF Homes QC tuition fee is 65k

Stella Maris Collage Located along Cambridge Cubao Quezon City tuition fee is 40k

St. Joseph School of Fairview located at BLK.64  lot 43 paseo st, North Fairview Q.C tuition fee is 37k

Far Eastern University Diliman loacted at Sampaguita ave. Mapayapa Vill. Diliman Q.C tuition fee is 70k

School of The Holy Family located in maginhawa st. UP vill. Diliman Q.C tuition fee is 51k

again this tuition fee is for grade 4 students .. 

hope this post would help some of mommies whose looking for a school din this year..
God bless Us All

amethyst028

• Senior GirlTalker
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #237 on: February 03, 2016, 09:03:30 am »
^hi sis! my son is studying at Good Shepherd. Since may church sila very religious ang school. So far ok naman and nagpapa accredit sila with PAASCU now. not sure kung accredited na and nagpapa taas lang ng level or magpapa accredit pa lang. binigyan kasi kame ng letter about it. my main reason for sending my son there is because malapit lang sa bahay namin 5mins. away another is so he will become more religious.

artemis26

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #238 on: February 03, 2016, 11:08:21 am »
Mga sis, if you were to choose between Diliman Prep School and School of the Holy Spirit, anong pipiliin nyo?

TIA! :)

gquind_rn

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #239 on: February 03, 2016, 04:09:45 pm »
I went and checked both schools. Although yung Mindanao avenue branch ng diliman pinuntahan ko. Sad to say i didn't like the school at all kahit madaming reviews. Parang overrated kumbaga. Madumi yung overall impression ko kahit di naman makalat. The bathroom mapanghi. The canteen needs renovation sa ceiling. And more. I dont know if naayos na nila this year since i went there mga september ata. For me kase hindi lang yung quality ng education hanap ko, quality of the school as well.

Whereas sa holy spirit medyo luma man ang buildings and no aircon pero the ambiance and all maganda, madaming puno, malawak, fresh air. And wifi is free hehe all over the school. Also feel ko safer anak ko dun since madaming security na pagdadaanan muna before you can go inside their premises.

Education naman is good at both schools.  May robotics sa diliman and religion naman sa holy spirit. I chose religion over science.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close