Author Topic: Tips and suggestions on where to stay in Hongkong  (Read 111190 times)

maika14

• it's fun bein a
  • Super GirlTalker
Re: Tips and suggestions on where to stay in Hongkong
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 01:28:56 am »
yes we were 6 but booked two connecting rooms.. if you're 5, masikip na siguro para sa inyo..

The room was 1400HKD for 3 pax.. with complimentary Disneyland tickets + breakfast buffet.. we paid 2800PHP per head.. Disneyland is around 2000 so parang 800 lang yung room namin per head.. good deal considering 5-star accommodation sya..

Sis, did you prebook it before you leave or right then and there in HK na? And was it for how many nights? And the Disney tickets is always part of their promo or nagkataon lang? Sorry daming questions. :) The first and last time i've been to HK was 2 years ago. And it was for an exam. So balak ko bumalik para mag-enjoy naman. :)
Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen.

"enjoy life. take it easy. anyway, nobody gets out of here alive." ^_^

sweetviolet

• GirlTalker
  • i can't sleep....... where's my coffee ?
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 02:12:16 am »
if shopping ang gusto nyo around mongkok, Evergreen hotel is a top choice for a budget traveler. with free breakfast and wifi internet 

wickedbone

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2010, 08:45:03 pm »
Sis, did you prebook it before you leave or right then and there in HK na? And was it for how many nights? And the Disney tickets is always part of their promo or nagkataon lang? Sorry daming questions. :) The first and last time i've been to HK was 2 years ago. And it was for an exam. So balak ko bumalik para mag-enjoy naman. :)

sis, pre-booked.. for one night only since on our 2nd night we moved to the Renaissance Hotel in TST.. Disney was part of the promo.. i think it was only a special promo..

hapi_prego

• ♥ ♥ ♥
  • Super GirlTalker
  • my mIRC buddy
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2010, 09:08:19 pm »
Hello po, my hubby and I are planning to go to HK (and we're comparing it to bora) mas sobrang makakatipid po ba kame kung DIY kame? like bibili nalang kame ng ticket then kame na bahala sa lakad namin? TIA  :)
"rockin' his last name"

cheerylion

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2010, 04:08:57 pm »
^Sis, I highly suggest na mag DIY na lang kayo sa HK. Mas mage-enjoy kayo and mas maraming mapupuntahan. City Econo Guesthouse is highly recommended. Clean, friendly pa si Jenny (the owner), pwede pagdating nyo na lang dun mag-pay via email lang ang reservation and best of all napakalapit nila sa Jordan MTR Station. It's just next door, literally! Malapit sila sa Night Market, restaurants etc. We've been to HK twice ni hubby at DIY lang kami. If you want I can email you our itinerary where to stay and how to get around HK. Very efficient ang public transport nila and as long as you have map you'll never get lost!  ;D

sweetviolet

• GirlTalker
  • i can't sleep....... where's my coffee ?
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2010, 11:28:33 pm »
some expats na pinoy offers their flats for rent sa mga pinoy travellers. meron din mga super mura na backpackers guesthouse. check their websites

xtine1210

• Junior GirlTalker
  • "Just an ordinary girl with a complicated life."
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2011, 04:42:46 pm »
Hi mga sis. Any other suggestions where to stay? I'm planning to go this feb sana. And updates on prices of the places. thanks! :)

serendipity1800

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2011, 09:37:05 pm »
we wanna go there in may to celebrate my son's birthday. Can you please suggest an itinerary? Definitely po kasama ang Disneyland tour coz yun talaga ang pupuntahan namin dun..DIY. Thanks :)
"A thing of beauty is a joy forever" -John Keats

rovic_grlnxtdor

• Probationary
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2011, 10:26:12 pm »
try marco polo hotel, medyo pricey lang don pro sulit naman :) katabe mo pa un mall :p

eyndzel

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2011, 06:01:27 pm »
Hi mga sis. Any other suggestions where to stay? I'm planning to go this feb sana. And updates on prices of the places. thanks! :)

hi sis if you want to stay in a hotel, you can try hotel benito.. great location.. or dorsett seaview hotel and bridal tea house hotel in yau ma tei which is i think 2 mtr stations away from tsim sha tsui..

bridal tea house hotel is a 1 star hotel in yau ma tei.. we stayed there last january for our 5 days and 4 nights hongkong and macau trip.. we just walked-in and the rate is HKD2,600 for 4 nights but they will require a deposit of HKD500 to be returned on the date of check-out.. rooms are small but clean.. no free breakfast and internet though.. ;)

if you want to stay in a hostel, golden crown hostel is highly recommended by some.. just don't know the rates.. :)

eyndzel

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2011, 11:33:18 am »
we wanna go there in may to celebrate my son's birthday. Can you please suggest an itinerary? Definitely po kasama ang Disneyland tour coz yun talaga ang pupuntahan namin dun..DIY. Thanks :)

hi sis, here's our itinerary:

1st day:

check-in at hotel
visit victoria peak
star ferry ride to tsim sha tsui
visit avenue of stars
symphony of lights

2nd day:

nong ping village
disneyland

3rd day:

ocean park
ladies market

4th day:

the venetian macau
senado square
ruins of st. paul

hope this helps.. :)

serendipity1800

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2011, 06:22:05 pm »
Thanks eyndzel and ShoesAndTravel for the suggestions, will definitely consider :)
"A thing of beauty is a joy forever" -John Keats

kurengkeng

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2011, 08:55:00 am »
kung tight ang budget: EVERGREEN HOTEL. mura, malinis pa, with buffet bfast and free computer/interenet use.

mooncake and leaves

• Super GirlTalker
    • Clickity
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2011, 09:28:42 am »
We stayed in Acesite Hotel before. Nasa Mongkok siya, convenient super kasi 1 to 2 blocks lang siya from a subway station. Room's kinda small but clean. The hotel itself is quite narrow, tipong 2-3 rooms lang ata per floor. Budget na siya.  Overall, no complaints. Nakakatawa lang yung toilet niya kasi yellow yung tubig. ;D

switlemonade

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2011, 09:47:49 am »
we stayed last year at Taisan hostel.. the place is very good, lapit sa MTR and bus stop. clean room.

RLaureen

• Probationary
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2011, 11:34:14 am »
I have stayed in Marco Polo HK, Metropark Hotel Causeway Bay and Langham Place in Mongkok.

If in Mongkok, Langham Place is the way to go talaga! Very convenient yung location -- it's attached to a mall and an MTR station. When you go out of the building, you're right smack in the middle of shops and restaurants. The rooms are very nice din, very clean. :) They have an iPod dock in the rooms that time, which was a nice surprise.  ;D
Be a responsible traveler! :)

betty

• happy, enthusiastic, energetic
  • Super GirlTalker
    • my store
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2011, 05:03:54 pm »
any feedback sa Largos hotel?

theryanne

• ...finding something to love everyday!
  • GirlTalker
  • Work. Shop. Dance. Love.
    • theryanne.blogspot.com
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2011, 12:45:36 pm »
I really enjoyed our stay at Cosmo Hotel.  Its in Wanchai but it has complimentary bus services to Time Square, Causeway Bay and Central station 

Last year naman, I wanted to try staying in TST.  But it there was a fair so we tried those guest houses in Mirador.  I found Hello Inn on Tripadvisor.  Super ok siya!  As in we didnt need to ride a cab all throughout our stay.  My friends stayed at Hotel Benito but it was tiny.

And even tinier was Hotel Bonaparte!  Az in super duper tiny! Az in you need to shower sideways.  Az in hindi puwedeng 2 people standing at the same time tiny!  Yuck talaga.   

Jay-Jay and Wifi Hotel are also ok.  Midpriced.  Pretty modern.

Anne Black has some rooms that has no bathrooms.

Sew. Alter. Look Good. Feel Good.
sewpretty.yolasite.com

serendipity02

• nagpupumiglas na...
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • happiness.. positivity.. Love, love, love!
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2011, 01:15:42 pm »
pajoin!

please please please adv me kung saan pwedeng magstay sa hongkong?
budget- 50k
purpose-honeymoon
yung malapit po sana sa hongkong disneyland.

This is my very first time to go to hongkong, please,please, please advised me all the options that i can choose from

Thanks!
Pray Hope and Dont worry -Father Pio

_pink12_

• Senior GirlTalker
  • in BLISS!
    • http://www.themisischronicles.com/
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2011, 02:28:54 pm »
For cheap accommodations in HK, please check out my previous post:

Cheap accommodations in Hong Kong

On our first visit, we also stayed at Shamrock Hotel, very near Jordan MTR station. Free buffet breakfast pa. Kaya lang I want to stay nearer sa TST on my future visits.

Next visit to HK, puro DIY travel na lang and we only stayed sa guesthouse, Taisan guesthouse Burlington branch. The best ang location and clean naman yung loob ng mga rooms. Mabait pa yung caretaker, Ate Yolly, and gives us free rice for breakfast in the morning. Kaya ok ang guesthouse sa mga budget travellers. You can also use the kitchen for free to cook your meals.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close