Author Topic: homosexuality- a sin  (Read 13829 times)

shadow_man

• GirlTalker
Re: homosexuality- a sin
« Reply #60 on: December 25, 2013, 05:00:01 pm »
Hi I just want to ask for opinions about this topic..
Do you believe that homosexuals are bound to go to hell since it is a sin? or is it really?

This is based on a bible story about Sodom and Gomorrah.

Homosexuality is not a sin, walang may kasalanan kung sinilang kang bakla or tomboy, but acts of homosexuality according to teaching of the church is a sin.

Indeed, one of the sins mentioned in Sodom and Gomorrah is sodomy, but both sodomy and homosexuality are not included in the 10 commandments, only adultery. So the question now...

My personal opinion is that, it is not in our province to judge them, let alone God. Two homosexuals lived together they have been good servants to the people of God, they did no wrong and tried their best to praise and glorify God, when they die, will they go to hell because they are homosexuals? I think God is not that cruel. I think God's understanding is not as limited as men. At the end, as we do believe we are not going to be judged by our sins but by the good deeds we have done, You may have never committed any sin, but neither done any good, Jesus said whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers that you do unto me, now enter into the home of my Father.

Let them be as they are and let them be accountable to God alone. However I still believe that marriage is a sacred union between man and woman. If homo wanted to live, they may and we should not condemn, unless we are sinless worthy to throw the first stone.

pretty empress

• Senior GirlTalker
  • i live tO express, nOt tO impress.. 👸
« Reply #61 on: December 25, 2013, 09:31:21 pm »
subscribing.. sensitive topic but smooth ang palitan ng pov.. nice! :)

Girls have unique powers-they get wet without water, bleed without injury and make boneless things hard..

shadow_man

• GirlTalker
« Reply #62 on: December 25, 2013, 09:57:49 pm »
^Hmm... for me naman, a sin is a sin. Walang malaki, o maliit.
The pope is focusing too much on making the people go to church. But what's the use of that if God is not pleased with them? Sayang lang effort, IMO.

I respect your point of view, but just an alternative one, will God give equal punishment for a person who stole 1 million versus one who stole 10 pesos? its both stealing its just, that the amount differ?

as to lying, a person went on you asking have you seen this person, Im going to kill that bullsht, and truly you knew where he is hiding, will you tell the truth or lie, supposedly you opted to lie, is it a sin? is it similar as any other lies?

In the first place Jesus came into this world not because he was pleased by men's righteousness but because in their wickedness, God still loves us so he came down as man to save us.

Now, if one is a sinner, the more God desires him to go to His house (church) for the church is not a place for righteous ones alone but more so for sinners. Remember the story of the pharisee and the poor man. The Pharisee who thought God delights in him was mistaken for it is the sinner who acknowledged his sinfulness before the Lord that was honored. It is written there is much more joy in heaven for one sinner who repented over the 99 righteous ones who need not repent.

may12

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2013, 02:51:47 pm »
^Pero gaya nga ng sinabi mo sa last sentence, IF they repent. So it's still back to the question whether homosexuality is a sin or not. Kasi if sin siya, tapos hindi naman nagbagong buhay... then habang buhay siyang nagkakasala, right?

I think meron ding passage sa Bible na sinasabing mas okay pa yung mga unbeliever talaga kesa dun sa naniniwala nga kay God, pero nananatili pa ring makasalanan.

About dun sa first question mo ng 1 million vs. 10 pesos, I don't think it's about the punishment but the consequence ng ginawa. Siguro naman mas malaki ang consequence ng isang tao na 1 million na yung ninakaw.

But at the end, it's still about repenting for the sins. You're right. The church is for sinners. Pero parang hospital ng sinners. We try to change. Hindi magpapatuloy sa pagiging makasalanan.

And yung second question... hindi ba ganun ang nangyari kay Hudas? It's not about lying, but being loyal to a person to try to protect him/her para hindi siya mapahamak.

shadow_man

• GirlTalker
« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2013, 11:22:54 pm »
like what i've said sodomy is condemned in the Bible, but not homosexuality. so you need not repent if you are homosexual for homosexuality is not a sin, it is the acts related to it that may be considered a sin just like unwed couples engaging in adulterous act. Now the further question is-are they bound to go to hell because of it, only God knows, but i'de like to believe, they wont be judged on the basis of that particular act only, imagine a bond paper, how big would that be if you compare it to a dot, so as to say their paper of life is all but dark not worthy of heaven. Again as I mentioned I believe one is going to be judged not by his sins but by his good deeds.

as to the issue I raise, 10 vs. 1 million, precisely you are there, if the consequence here on earth is not the same, for sure it wont be in heaven as well, for God's justice is far wiser than of man. So sins comes on different weight. I do believe also, that those sins which are purely personal-I mean such sins na hindi naman naksira or naka apekto sa ibang tao, ex. is our issue homosexual relationship, wala naman silang nagrabyado or sinaktan na ibang tao, is lighter than those sins that has affected other people, ex. corruption, murder.

Sabi nga nila love can never be wrong, and from God love springsforth. So are we saying homosexuals do not know how to love and that what might bind them is not really love? Would it be a sin if they have been indeed purely and truly inlove with each other-I dont know :)

So what then is my point, I will not judge them, for I cannot fathom God's love and wisdom, and there was no direct words in the Bible that mentioned that homosexuality is a sin. and if it is indeed a sin, it never mentioned that eternal damnation is the consequence.

What I am sure is that God's love and mercy is limitless, it cannot fit human understanding, it cannot be measured. And as they would say, if there is but a weakness of our God, that is He cannot refuse to be merciful.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 11:25:33 pm by shadow_man »

may12

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2013, 12:14:32 am »
Well, kung pagbabasehan yung 1 Cor. 6:9. then it is a sin, at eternal damnation ang punishment.
"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with
mankind."

Pero may mga nagsasabi din naman na hindi daw yan talaga ang ibig sabihin na word. Na mali lang yung pag translate ng King James version ng Bible.

And I'm just curious... if all it takes to go to heaven is to do good things (kahit na may ginawa ka pang ibang kasalanan na hindi mo ni-confess, basta mas marami ka lang mabuting nagawa) then bakit na-mention pa sa bible ang ibang instructions like "Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God"?
Yung instructions ba ng Bible ay parang multiple choice na pipili ka lang ng isa na gusto mo, or lahat yun talagang dapat mong gawin?

shadow_man

• GirlTalker
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2014, 01:46:40 pm »
That would also be like asking, will God forget all the good deeds in a man's life because of one unconfessed sin (of course not the capital/deadly sins). I'd like to believe that God's mercy and justice is so great and perfect and far better than how man would judge one.

Unlike man who most of the time would notice first the mistake or fault of one, God being the source of all that is good would always notice first what is good in a man.

As in a bond paper with black dot, 99% of us would notice the dot but not the greater clean slate, but God is not like that, as much as possible He would forgive that spot and save the greater clean slate. Remember Sodom and Gommorah, despite the horrible wickedness/sinfulness of the 2 cities God was willing to spare the entire city if only there was one good man found there. Would He not do the same in an individual, would He not save one man if the goodness in his heart far exceeds the sin he committed. God was willing to save an entire city in consideration of one good man, will he not likewise save a person with all the goodness in him, and forgive that one sin? The Bible is not a multiple choice option but neither it is a rigid manual of crimes and punishment, rather it is God's wisdom, a manual of his love and saving mercy.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 01:49:39 pm by shadow_man »

Irtwisted

• GirlTalker
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2014, 04:28:26 pm »
I don't know, the question presupposes the existence of sin, which I assume in this case is the concept of sin by Christians and/or Catholics since posters have been using passages from the bible. However, if one does not subscribe to the Judeo-Christian religion (many religions, actually), then the concept of sin varies, or in many cases, does not even exist.

Humanists for the most part do not believe in sin. In that instance, the question whether homosexuality as a sin is non-sensical to many of them. (I am not saying that the OP's question is non-sensical, merely that the question does not apply to or cannot be comprehended/answered by everyone).

I am a secular humanist and I do not believe in the concept of sin. I don't want to judge a person based on what s/he does with another person as long as both are adults and the relations are consensual.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close