Author Topic: getting pregnant after taking duphaston anybody here?  (Read 173048 times)

franchesca001

  • Guest
Re: getting pregnant after taking duphaston anybody here?
« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2013, 12:06:33 am »
Hi all

So happy to see this thread.. been reading lot of blogs about girls with PCOS and its nice to know pwede naman pala magkaroon ng baby kahit na may PCOS.. Sorry mejo mahaba ang post ko and I hope I have the same experience with other ka sisters.. :)

Like others, I was diagnosed with PCOS for the last 6 years.. dati dinededma ko lang whenever I dont have my monthly period so I will go to my OB para for prescription which is mostly Duphaston for 5 days, 2 times a day then metformin on a daily basis.. At times magiging normal sya then after a year babalik na naman sa irregular mens then will go to OB for check up..

Anyway this 2013 I made this as my target to have a baby na coz im not getting any younger and we are TTC na rin for the past 3 years but un nga due to my PCOS [textspeak!] kami makabuo. Got my TVS last January 2013 and found out still PCOS pa rin both ovaries. I only got the prescription for Clomid or Ovamit that I need to take 2nd to 7th day of my period then balik ako sa kanya to do another TVS.. but masyadong faint ang mens ko ng january para lang syang light mens [textspeak!] [textspeak!] talagang period so I decided to take duphaston kase everytime umiinom ako duphaston I have my period talaga (starting from heavy then light na after 5 days) so after taking duphaston 2nd week of February I got my period on February 23, 2013 which lasted for 6 days.. Then went to a different OB in MOA (Borough) and suggest that I will take my TVS somewhere between March 6 to 9. I got my TVS on March 9, which is Day 15 of my cycle, still PCOS sya but my right ovary have a potential mature Egg follicle which may rupture and release an egg.. My left ovary is tamad but Im so happy to know I have 1 mature egg follicle kase problem with PCOS [textspeak!] nag mamature [textspeak!] mga eggs.. But my OB in MOA mejo masungit sya and even told me that if I might got pregnant, I have high possibility of miscarriage kase I am more on a heavy side and she wants me to lose weight muna.. nag prescribe sya ng duphaston on Day 17 to 21 of my cycle 2 X a day (March 11 to 15) plus metformin..

Im done with Duphaston since March 15, but up to now wala pa AF, I take PT last March 21 but its negative.. If I will compute my ovulation and estimated time that I take PT mga 7 days lang siguro sya so I am thinking of having another PT soon..

I feel terribe back pain in my lumbar area.. then feel PMS pain pero wala naman ako period.. 2 days ago meron slight bleeding but its not a period parang pag nag wewee lang then I swipe meron sya brownish-pinkish discharge but not a period. 11 days after duphaston yet wala pa ako period..

Yoko expect but I am hoping meron nga sya laman.. dont feel anything at the moment but at the back of my mind I am expecting to have a baby.. anyway mga sis please let me know if its normal not to have period after 11 going 12 days of duphaston.. and when is the best time to take another PT again..

So thankful for Ovamit, Duphaston and Metformin combination. Take clomid on my 1st cycle then Ovamit on the 2nd and seems mas hiyang ako sa Ovamit.. Goodluck to all of us and hope its a positive sign na and hindi lang delayed ang period ko.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 12:15:03 am by franchesca001 »

niixiie

  • Guest
Re: getting pregnant after taking duphaston anybody here?
« Reply #101 on: March 31, 2013, 11:59:18 pm »
hi sis baka BFP ka na.. try to do another test mga april 2 or 5.. para 1week.. usually nadating ang mens pag naka duphaston ka is within 10days lang... so pag lagpas dun eh BFP na o preggy na :D   goodluck sis.. balitaan mo kami..

reign

  • Guest
Re: getting pregnant after taking duphaston anybody here?
« Reply #102 on: April 03, 2013, 11:02:48 pm »
hi my OB advise me to take duphaston starting tom for 5 days twice a day, talaga bang sasakit ang ulo mo if u take it?makakatulong ba ito mga sis para maging preggy ka?super busy kasi ako sa work and too much stress we really want to have a baby na..what are other ways ba na makakatulong para mag-conceive?thanks mga sis

sweet_shegz

  • Guest
Re: getting pregnant after taking duphaston anybody here?
« Reply #103 on: August 02, 2013, 08:25:30 am »
Hi mga sis, took duphaston for 7 days starting july 14. Until now wala pa akong af. Took 2 hpts pero both negative. Tumawag ako sa OB ko kanina and sabi pag di pa rin ako nagka af hanggang next week balik na ako sa clinic nya.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 01:44:34 pm by sweet_shegz »

sweet_shegz

  • Guest
Re: getting pregnant after taking duphaston anybody here?
« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2013, 08:24:47 am »
Sisses, still have no af. It has been 16 days since i took the last duphaston tablet.

Carylldax

  • Guest
Re: getting pregnant after taking duphaston anybody here?
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2013, 12:07:22 am »
Hello po. Ako din last duphaston ko was last aug 8 and bfn same day. Till now no af pa. Schedule for blood test (to support daw) sana ako today w my RE/OB pero na chicken ako. Baka negative rin. ;(

rollin

  • Guest
Re: getting pregnant after taking duphaston anybody here?
« Reply #106 on: November 21, 2013, 01:00:42 pm »
hi mga sis.

ask ko lang kung ano po bang cycle tinetake ang duphaston?

thank you

paydayramos

  • Guest
Re: getting pregnant after taking duphaston anybody here?
« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2013, 01:29:25 pm »
hello!

duphaston user for so long. irregular kasi talaga period ko so parang maintenance ko na ang duphaston para maregulate ang period ko. started using it nung dalaga pa ako. pero may times na humihinto ako. tapos nung nagkaasawa na ako, since gusto namin magkababy kaya lagi ako nagpapa check sa OB at duphaston pa rin ang ibinigay ng OB para nga maging regular ang period ko.

naka ilang infertility treatment na rin ako na isa sa mga medicines ay duphaston. pero last year, nag stop ako mag infertility treatment ng April. pero tinuloy tuloy ko pa rin ang duphaston. Hanggang sa nabuntis na ako nung August. I have now a 6 months old baby boy :)

rollin

  • Guest
Re: getting pregnant after taking duphaston anybody here?
« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2013, 02:25:41 pm »
hello!

duphaston user for so long. irregular kasi talaga period ko so parang maintenance ko na ang duphaston para maregulate ang period ko. started using it nung dalaga pa ako. pero may times na humihinto ako. tapos nung nagkaasawa na ako, since gusto namin magkababy kaya lagi ako nagpapa check sa OB at duphaston pa rin ang ibinigay ng OB para nga maging regular ang period ko.

naka ilang infertility treatment na rin ako na isa sa mga medicines ay duphaston. pero last year, nag stop ako mag infertility treatment ng April. pero tinuloy tuloy ko pa rin ang duphaston. Hanggang sa nabuntis na ako nung August. I have now a 6 months old baby boy :)




sis, anung cycle mo na-take si duphaston?

jkalyado

  • Guest
Re: getting pregnant after taking duphaston anybody here?
« Reply #109 on: November 22, 2013, 10:15:35 am »
Mga sis, share ko lang yung experience ko. PCOS din ako. Same with others TTC din kami ng asawa ko. I also took duphaston and metformin. Pero 1 year of treatment wala pa din. I did my research, Kelangan daw ng regular exercise at diet. Nag-enroll ako sa gym on a monthly basis. Pag minsan na walang budget bumili na lang ako ng Zumba na DVD. Mahirap sa akin na magexercise kasi 12 hours ang duty ko noon at may night shift pa. Pero kailangan kong gawin kasi may goal ako. Halos everyday ang exercise ko. Pag nasa gym pinakamatagal ko 4 hours and pinakamabilis ko 2 hours, na addict na din kasi ako, at mahigpit ang trainor ko, pag tinatamad ako lagi niyang pinapaalala ang GOAL ko. Sa bahay naman 30 mins - 1 hour lang ang nakakaya ko tinatapos ko lang yung CD na binili ko. In terms of diet. NO RICE diet ako, sabi ko try ko ng 1 month na walang rice. Less sugar intake din kasi na coconnect ang PCOS sa DIABETES kaya high risk ang PCOS sa Diabetes. 3 months ko ginawa ito, then after noon naging regular na yung menstruation ko. And ngayon mom-to-be na ako. Sa 1st ultrasound during preggy days, nadetect na PCOS pa din ako, si Right ovary ang nagovulate. Sana ma-inspire kayo sa story ko mga sis. Kasi alam ko yung feeling na nawawalan na ng hope magkababy

Yung sister ko din PCOS and may baby na din siya :)

Carylldax

  • Guest
Re: getting pregnant after taking duphaston anybody here?
« Reply #110 on: November 24, 2013, 10:36:27 am »
@jkalyado

Wow sis i was really inspired.. Gym and no rice! Ang hirap..
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 07:54:41 pm by Carylldax »

clei

  • Guest
Re: getting pregnant after taking duphaston anybody here?
« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2014, 11:46:52 am »
Is this thread still active?

Anyways, my ob gave me duphaston to be taken for 5days once every night same time with vegihex (got mild infection). I started taking it last jan8 and ended up last jan12. So today is 5th day after taking the last duphaston, still no AF.

History:
Gave birth last august 2012 wih my eldest. Then after 6mos, got pregnant again! (I know, too early for another baby. I was breastfeeding then and still haven't had my period) Last nov 2013 i gave birth to my youngest. Then dec 26, i dunno if you can call it a deed since there is no actual penetration (weird huh? just mere rubbing). I consulted my ob, she said i can't be pregnant since i'm breastfeeding even not exclusively. I can have my period 2-3mos after giving birth. So dec 26, i'm almost 2weeks before i turn 2mos. I tested before taking duphaston if i'm pregnant, got 3 tests negative.

So, you see my dilemma? I can't have another baby! (not this early, again!). Does breastfeeding affect my period? When can i have AF? I think i'm stressed out! It's affecting my period i guessed. I hope that's it, we can't afford to have another baby this soon. Call me paranoid! O.o

I badly need your inputs sis! TIA

« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 12:22:50 pm by clei »

neriann28

  • Guest
Re: getting pregnant after taking duphaston anybody here?
« Reply #112 on: April 09, 2014, 06:56:33 pm »
kapapanganak ko lang last january with twins. then nag advise si ob magtake ako ng duphaston 2 times a day after 2 months para magkaron na ko ng mens at para makainom na ng contraceptive ang problema bago ko uminom ng duphaston ng do pa kame ni hubby, my chance kaya na mabuntis ako? naku wag naman sana ang babata pa ng mga anak ko  :( sana may makasagot sa tanong ko

rollin

  • Guest
Re: getting pregnant after taking duphaston anybody here?
« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2014, 07:46:17 pm »
mga sis.. ok lang ba mag take ng duphaston kahit regular naman ang mens mo from 28-30days cycle?
gusto ko lang naman kasi kumapit si baby kung sakaling mabuntis man ako this cycle... ano po sa palagay nyo? tinanung ko kasi ang ob ko parang di pa nya ata alam yang duphaston. kasi sabi ko ok lang po ba na magtake ako ng duphaston kako, ano yun sabi naman nya. haha.
sabi ko, gamot po yun para kung sakaling buntis ako, kakapit po sya at pag di naman ako buntis, manonormalize ang mens ko kako.. e normal naman daw yung cycle ko.....

patulong naman po oh.hehe
gusto ko na po talaga magka baby eh

lovemeagain30

  • Guest
Re: getting pregnant after taking duphaston anybody here?
« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2014, 08:42:08 pm »
^ I think Sis you cannot buy and take Duphaston without doctor's prescription. hindi yata siya pang over the counter na medicine. check with other OB para mabigyan ka nito if you really need it.

rollin

  • Guest
Re: getting pregnant after taking duphaston anybody here?
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2014, 09:23:09 pm »
yes sis, nakabili ako nun kahit walang prescription si ob. pero pwede kaya ako magtake kahit normal naman ang flow o cycles ko?

lovemeagain30

  • Guest
Re: getting pregnant after taking duphaston anybody here?
« Reply #116 on: April 16, 2014, 02:26:01 pm »
for me lang sis ah,, avoid self medication. what I know about Duphaston is its a "hormone pill". if you take it without doctor's advise you might do damage than good in your body system. it also has its side effects. mine was nausea. it needs prescribed period until when you should be taking it.

I feel sis you really wanted to conceive. better consult a fertility doctor to assist and guide you on what proper medications you should take. para hindi ka rin magsasayang ng pera at panahon. In my opinion, Duphaston is not a magic pill to have a baby. lalo na sinabi mong normal ang period mo. huwag mong I-alter ang hormones ng katawan mo kung wala naman dun ang problema.

good luck sis with your journey sis. :)


rollin

  • Guest
Re: getting pregnant after taking duphaston anybody here?
« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2014, 06:31:19 pm »
salamat sis. gusto ko na kasi magka baby eh. kaya ginagawa ko na lahat, parang nababagalan kasi ako sa ob ko.heje

simang

  • Guest
Re: getting pregnant after taking duphaston anybody here?
« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2014, 09:38:27 pm »
I was diagnosed with bilateral PCO a few weeks back, Duphaston was prescibed (2 tabs/day for 5 days) to make me bleed since i've been ammenorrheic for 3 months already. I started taking the meds on April 30, and the last intake was May 4. Until now wala pa din akong period, it's been 2 weeks. For the past week or so I have sore breasts and sensitive nipples which are common when I'm expecting my period. My partner and I had unprotected, non-withdrawal contact nung May 1 and May 5. I went to my OB kanina to ask if this is normal, kase feeling ko I might be pregnant, kaso lang she wasn't around so I had to go back tomorrow. I'll also be taking PT first thing tomorrow.

Is it possible to get pregnant while and after taking duphaston? Sino na sa inyo ang nakaexperience nito?

simang

  • Guest
Re: getting pregnant after taking duphaston anybody here?
« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2014, 08:52:56 pm »
I was diagnosed with bilateral PCO a few weeks back, Duphaston was prescibed (2 tabs/day for 5 days) to make me bleed since i've been ammenorrheic for 3 months already. I started taking the meds on April 30, and the last intake was May 4. Until now wala pa din akong period, it's been 2 weeks. For the past week or so I have sore breasts and sensitive nipples which are common when I'm expecting my period. My partner and I had unprotected, non-withdrawal contact nung May 1 and May 5. I went to my OB kanina to ask if this is normal, kase feeling ko I might be pregnant, kaso lang she wasn't around so I had to go back tomorrow. I'll also be taking PT first thing tomorrow.

Is it possible to get pregnant while and after taking duphaston? Sino na sa inyo ang nakaexperience nito?

Okay so apparently I'm not pregnant, my eggs are just so stubborn the progesterone pill did not do anything for them.

Will be taking estrogen + progesterone as prescribed. Sana umokay na.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close