Author Topic: PLAYSCHOOLS IN PQUE / ALABANG / LAS PINAS  (Read 98650 times)

thebratinella

• shopaholic, obsessed mummy, happy wifey and
  • Super GirlTalker
Re: PLAYSCHOOLS IN PQUE / ALABANG / LAS PINAS
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2011, 03:22:44 am »
^sis, do you know how much the tuition is in GCF? i can't find their website. tia.
Happiness is a choice.

mizhelle

• Certified fashionista-kuno and te-Arts, The Sexy Wife of Chichi, a Loving Mom of Robynne and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • love the summer day :)
    • Life Can't Wait..
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2011, 06:34:37 am »
^ I also couldnt find their website.. im along DH din.. i got a kiddo who will be turning 4 this july.. she was able to attend trial classes from the following schools.. you may read all my reviews in the following links..

Cambridge International School in ATC

A-Plus Chinese Learning Center in Festival Mall

Kinder Care in BF Homes

Cambridge and A-Plus are both following Progressive while Kinder Care is using Ecletic way of teaching..

For montessori way of teaching, I have visted DVMI along Commerce, Ann Arbor Montessori inside BF.. since Montessori don't offer TCs.. she'll be attending Beginner Classes next week in Montessori de Manila in BF din so we would know what method would work her.. btw, DVMI and Ann Arbor don't have Beginner Classes or Summer classes.. as per Ann Arbor.. aside sa malayo na siya from us.. mejo I dont like the ambiance ng school.. andilim..

we were supposed to try out The Little Gym and Toddler's Unlimited (progressive schools din) but since progressive din siya, di na namin tinry.. saka they're TFs are almost the same with Cambridge.. TLG around 90K+ same with TU.. masyado na siyang mahal for a preschool.. for me lang yan sis.. and based on my observation.. progressive focus more on what the child would like to learn not on what they need learn.. which is why i like eclectic more, they focus on what they need to learn and they do match with the child's interest..

i would let you know how I feel on Montessori after a week of attending her beginner class..

hope these helps!
P.U.S.H. Pray Until Something Happens ;)

-----------------
Yaris Club Phil

iceebaby

• Homeschooling+Working Mama of 3!
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Livin' a stress-free and drama-free life!
    • Mama Mia Adventures!
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2011, 08:38:22 am »
Very nice sis mizhelle.

OB Montessori conducts a free 1 week trial din.  I like the montessori method kasi mas manipulatives and experiential sa kids.  OB Montessori's Casa level is the real Maria Montessori method of teaching in the Philippines.  Sa kanila nag start ang gayahan ng Montessori "kuno" na hindi authentic Montessori ang ibang "Montessori" schools.

Ann Arbor's tuition fee is not too expensive, tho.  But, I am not quite sure if it is an authentic Maria Montessori methos and if the teachers are really qualified Montessori Educators.

Baka you can review it too. :)

mizhelle

• Certified fashionista-kuno and te-Arts, The Sexy Wife of Chichi, a Loving Mom of Robynne and a
  • Super GirlTalker
    • Life Can't Wait..
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2011, 02:40:33 am »
^ thanks sis.. I saw that OB Montessori website and yes according to their website they are offering 1-week free trial... we were supposed to check and avail their TCs but we went out of town and got so busy after that I was not able to call them to schedule for a TC.. but their TFs are almost the same with MDM and Ann Arbor..  Sayang nga.. I would love to try out as many schools as possible sana coz my goal talaga is to really look for a perfect school for my little tot that would meet our standards but not so pricey naman..

Montessori de Manila looks authentic naman to me, and I have seen their certificates of accreditation posted in their office.. but yun nga they don't have TCs.. kaya we have availed their Beginner Class for a month.. so I would know how's the Montessori way.. preparation na rin for my little girl.. I was not able to take lots of photos pa, but I will when the classes start next week.. will post it here :) But I like the school na, clean.. well-lit ang mga rooms and even the hallway.. nice yun atmosphere.. not unlike the Ann Arbor ha.. mejo luma na siya.. saka its really dark.. pagpasok mo pa lang.. and all the hallways too.. mejo masikip din siya..

One thing that concerns me though on MDM, 20 per classes sila.. parang too many for me.. though they have teacher aids.. so i will have to see if kaya nila talaga to focus on each child..

-----------------
Yaris Club Phil

andi_mom

• GirlTalker
    • Lines From The Wire
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2011, 01:15:02 pm »
^keep the review sis. :) im from las pinas din and im looking as early as now for a school for my baby. she'll go to school next year pa naman pero im scouting na. interesado ako sa montessori schools so i'll be waiting for your feedback sa Montesssori De manila. :) magkaiba pala ang MDM sa OB Montessori...lol, nalito na ko. i thought pareho lang sila dati.

andi_mom

• GirlTalker
    • Lines From The Wire
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2011, 01:23:59 pm »
^^ sis i've read your blog, this might be OT but how do you go for a trial class? Is it for one day only and are there any fees involved?

mizhelle

• Super GirlTalker
    • Life Can't Wait..
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2011, 12:39:28 am »
^^ thanks sis! same tayo sis haha dami palang Montessori hahaha now ko rin lang nalalaman.. I will.. MDM pala sis got a fee for interview and assessment before ka makapagenrol.. P300..

I called them up and specifically ask if they offer TCs.. usually they offer 2-3 days TCs.. OBM lang ang nakita ko na one-week..and most of the TCs are for free.. then pa schedule ka when ang prepared dates mo..

marami rin akong tinawagan..
- Toddlers Unlimited
- Esteban (AIS)
- The little gym
- the learning apprentice
- DLSZ
- Seton

madami sa loob ng BF like the bridge.. which I am so interested to check.. kaso so far na from us.. kaya hesitant na rin ako.. mahirap naman kasing malayo ang school niya.. kakain ng time talaga..

-----------------
Yaris Club Phil

andi_mom

• GirlTalker
    • Lines From The Wire
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2011, 12:42:39 pm »
^ i'm from BF Resort sis, and ang pinakamagandang school dito ay Seton. Well, ofcourse since I graduated from there alam ko na ang quality dun. Kaya last na sya sa list ko para sa TC. Gusto ng parents at husband ko sa seton na pagaralin ang baby ko but since i prefer a montessori school, nagsscout pa din ako. Yun nga lang wala masayadong montessori school dito, alam ko sa BF Homes madami dami.

iceebaby

• Senior GirlTalker
    • Mama Mia Adventures!
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2011, 03:14:55 pm »
There is an authentic Montessori in BFRV, Jose Maria Montessori along Gloria Diaz. http://laspinascity.olx.com.ph/josemaria-montessori-school-jms-a-pre-school-iid-10806983

It is accredited with IMA so I believe it is an authentic one (as there really are non-authentic ones who just carry on the name of Montessori).

But, I am very much interested talaga sa O.B. Montessori since for Prep naman na anak ko and is going into Casa at OB.  Malapit lang naman siya sis, and they have school bus.  They have trial class on April 25, but you have to enlist them.  They are very professional and organized kaya okay naman ako.  Sana ok din for my Son... :)

andi_mom

• GirlTalker
    • Lines From The Wire
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2011, 10:14:11 pm »
^sis nakikita ko na yung Jose Maria Montessori but since it's new wala pa ko masyado feedback na nakukuha. interesado din ako sa OB Montessori sis, sa BF Homes yun diba? May daughter is 2 1/2 years pa lang so I dunno kung pwede na siya sa trial class, and I'm planning to enroll her next year pa naman. Do you have an idea how much na ang tuition sa OB?

mizhelle

• Super GirlTalker
    • Life Can't Wait..
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2011, 02:17:34 am »
^ i'm from BF Resort sis, and ang pinakamagandang school dito ay Seton. Well, ofcourse since I graduated from there alam ko na ang quality dun. Kaya last na sya sa list ko para sa TC. Gusto ng parents at husband ko sa seton na pagaralin ang baby ko but since i prefer a montessori school, nagsscout pa din ako. Yun nga lang wala masayadong montessori school dito, alam ko sa BF Homes madami dami.

uu nga but mejo far na rin ang Seton sa min.. saka from their website, students should be fully independent na pag pasok.. naku eh ang kiddo ko hindi pa e..

-----------------
Yaris Club Phil

iceebaby

• Senior GirlTalker
    • Mama Mia Adventures!
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2011, 11:42:22 pm »
^sis nakikita ko na yung Jose Maria Montessori but since it's new wala pa ko masyado feedback na nakukuha. interesado din ako sa OB Montessori sis, sa BF Homes yun diba? May daughter is 2 1/2 years pa lang so I dunno kung pwede na siya sa trial class, and I'm planning to enroll her next year pa naman. Do you have an idea how much na ang tuition sa OB?

Senior Casa (prep) ang anak ko next year, 79k per year.  Maganda to start them at Casa sa Montessori para ma adapt niya ang Montessori method which they are very good at sa OB.

I have heard many good reviews din sa KenCare along Gloria Diaz and mga kids there nag papass in Seton for Grade 1.

iceebaby

• Senior GirlTalker
    • Mama Mia Adventures!
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2011, 11:44:09 pm »
uu nga but mejo far na rin ang Seton sa min.. saka from their website, students should be fully independent na pag pasok.. naku eh ang kiddo ko hindi pa e..

OA lang talaga mga traditional school nuh. :D Nursery, independent? hehe.. akala ata nila mga caveman ang mga buhay ng mga bata sa bahay natin (hunting na on their own for food). :D

iceebaby

• Senior GirlTalker
    • Mama Mia Adventures!
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2011, 10:34:37 am »
I am not debunking on Traditional Schools (Even Seton).  At baka husband ko ang maka away ko :D. Since my husband is an alumni and loyalty awardee of Seton! :D :D and I also know a lot of Setonians who excel in their career (my sis-in-law is a scholar and PHD in Physics in Canada).  Of course, Animo LaSalle alumni galing din in college.  Lahat traditional school (Seton product).  :D

Of course, there's nothing wrong with Seton (or even traditional) - tama ka, there are just many good choices of method of schools nowadays and with different good research based findings on learning style of each child.

Iba iba lang din ang mga kids and level of readiness nila.  May iba talaga hindi pa fully-independent even at 4 or 5.  But bigla nalang nag cliclick just suddenly. :)

spnliz

• sweettezil
  • GirlTalker
  • * Baby Sofie * King Tabby
    • Sweettezil
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2012, 01:39:22 pm »
My daughter is enrolled in Kencare and we are very satisfied naman.  Kaya lang we will be moving kaya baka magtransfer sya ng school, if may mahanap kami malapit sa BF she will stay there.  We are eyeing on moving sa may Naga Road, meron ba kayong masa suggest na good preschools in that area? preferably non traditional approach?  Thanks!

iceebaby

• Senior GirlTalker
    • Mama Mia Adventures!
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2012, 09:06:01 am »
There are lots of schools near Naga Road.  You can try OB Montessori (BF Paranaque), Mindbuilders (BF Paranaque), Brentwood (Near Naga Road).

andi_mom

• GirlTalker
    • Lines From The Wire
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2012, 05:50:33 pm »
ano pa bang magandang school sa bf resort? how about Jose Maria Montessori... i hope may mag review  na nito so we'll have an idea. and how about creative middle school in gloria diaz?

polka08

• GirlTalker
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2012, 12:58:47 am »
I heard ok daw sa Kencare in BF Resort  :D
All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

tayntayn

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2012, 12:52:18 am »
if you are considering kencare, why not try din Merry Treasure School (MTS) which is near Kencare din. My daughter went to Kencare when she was in Nursery, okay naman. Then something happened that we had to transfer her to another school. And our next choice was MTS (along BF Drive) before Seton.. Ayun she enjoyed the school more than Kencare. Probably because of the "big school" setting. Okay din naman ang turo, i think masyado nga silang advanced for their level. Its not as expensive as Seton and just right for us, kasi we just live nearby.

My daughter now is turning Grade 1 by June. Minsan namin napag-usapan ni hubby if ililipat ba namin ng school - we want her to go to Divine Light Academy (DLA) talaga. But then, its too far for me and hatid sundo ko sya sa school. Ayoko syang ipa-school service. Maybe when she become a teenager na. So probably, MTS sya sa grade school. Then for high school lipat na lang ng DLA.
i Love my Alex & Alexa

newbie mom

• Probationary
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2012, 03:41:00 am »
Mga sis.. how much sa KenCare? would you know?

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close