watch now

Author Topic: Osaka & Kyoto, Japan  (Read 146842 times)

byutijunkie

  • Guest
Re: Osaka & Kyoto, Japan
« Reply #520 on: October 08, 2014, 07:02:41 pm »

Thanks Krisslim.  I guess that leaves me with hotels with family rooms.  Has anyone tried airbnbs in Kyoto or Osaka?

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Osaka & Kyoto, Japan
« Reply #521 on: October 09, 2014, 08:02:27 am »
^ In Kyoto, Royal Park Hotel and Hotel Monterey have family rooms. ;)

krisslim

  • Guest
Re: Osaka & Kyoto, Japan
« Reply #522 on: October 09, 2014, 01:34:28 pm »
Hi girls! Anong reloadable train card ang gamit nyo from Osaka going Kyoto?
We will stay in Osaka na lang kc mas cheaper yung hotel na nabooked ko. And pagdating ba sa Kyoto station andun na ren ba yung hop on/hop off bus? We have JR 7 day pass na pero we will use it kc from Kyoto going Tokyo, so nakareserved na sya sa Tokyo area, hehe! TIA :)

byutijunkie

  • Guest
Re: Osaka & Kyoto, Japan
« Reply #523 on: October 10, 2014, 12:17:11 am »
Thanks marose, will check them out.

Krisslim, use your JR pass going to kyoto from Osaka.  Also, you won't be able to use your JR pass too much in Tokyo.  Panay subway dun.  Outside the Kyoto Station naman yung bus stations going to different tourist spots.

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: Osaka & Kyoto, Japan
« Reply #524 on: October 10, 2014, 01:35:30 pm »
To those going to Harry Potter in Osaka, 2 hours daw ang pila. Even sa mga stores and restaurants, mahaba pila. So go early.

The wands at Ollivander's cost about JPY 4,000 each. :)

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Osaka & Kyoto, Japan
« Reply #525 on: October 10, 2014, 06:11:23 pm »
Is it worth it to buy the Universal Express Pass for USJ?

byutijunkie

  • Guest
Re: Osaka & Kyoto, Japan
« Reply #526 on: October 10, 2014, 09:52:54 pm »
^^you actually need the timed pass to get into harry potter in usj.  Last august, we waited for 5 hours just to get in.  Umuulan pa nun.  I suggest avoiding holidays and weekends and to get there early and get timed passes first before anything. 

^yes if you'll be visiting on a holiday or weekends.  Less stress 'cause the lines can get really really long. 

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: Osaka & Kyoto, Japan
« Reply #527 on: October 11, 2014, 01:15:47 am »
^ I saw that timed pass on their official website. How did you get yours? Doon na or in advance?

10tequilashots

  • Guest
Re: Osaka & Kyoto, Japan
« Reply #528 on: October 12, 2014, 10:13:49 pm »
Hi sisters!

I'm currently in Osaka and need shopping tips. San better to buy cosmetics and perfume, sa Shinsaibashi area or sa Kansai airport na lang?

Thanks in advance! :)

jtansanco

  • Guest
Re: Osaka & Kyoto, Japan
« Reply #529 on: October 13, 2014, 02:19:31 am »
^ Tons of cosmetics in Shinsaibashi and Namba area. Bring your passport since some shops offer tax-free shopping (less 8%). KIX also has a lot of it too.

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Osaka & Kyoto, Japan
« Reply #530 on: October 13, 2014, 08:18:39 am »
@byutijunkie, we're going to USJ on a weekday.  Maybe the lines aren't that long?  But since Kyoto is our base, perhaps good idea nga the express pass so we can maximize our visit.

Re timed entry to HP, I understand that you have to get it in the gate/entrance.

flyknits

  • Guest
Re: Osaka & Kyoto, Japan
« Reply #531 on: October 13, 2014, 09:06:31 am »
My 2nd time in osaka this coming november and i am still excited haha.

During our first trip we did kyoto-osaka-nara-kobe. I love kyoto. My bf doesnt haha. Mas love nya tokyo.

For kyoto, more on sightseeing. Nara for the deers haha. Osaka for foodtrip and kobe for the steak, just 45mins from osaka (babalikan namin siya uli)

We'll go to USJ again for harry potter. Kahit mahabang pilahan yan, susugurin namin. Im not sure lang if crowded ang november 1 dun. Dito lang naman satin holiday ang nov 1.

jtansanco

  • Guest
Re: Osaka & Kyoto, Japan
« Reply #532 on: October 14, 2014, 10:56:24 am »
Anyone will be in Osaka from Nov.1-3? 3-day weekend holiday in Japan.... I NEED A DATE! Hahaha

esor

  • Guest
Re: Osaka & Kyoto, Japan
« Reply #533 on: October 15, 2014, 06:57:14 am »
^jtansanco  how much ang kitkat dyan?

jtansanco

  • Guest
Re: Osaka & Kyoto, Japan
« Reply #534 on: October 15, 2014, 10:33:06 am »
^ Typical price for green tea kitkat na 12 pcs is about 468 or 512 yen? Somewhere in that range. There's a place in Umeda which is discounted price at about 500 yen for two packs. Forgot where since I got lost while buying. Haha

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: Osaka & Kyoto, Japan
« Reply #535 on: October 16, 2014, 10:47:22 pm »
Off to my 2nd Japan trip for the year. Kelangan sulitin ang multiple entry visa. LOL.

Anyway, will be in Osaka from the 22nd till the 25th. I'll be arriving around 7pm in KIX. I'm booked at The Westin Osaka and my parents are at Hotel New Hankyu. We'll be travelling on separate airlines, too, (me PR, they-5J). Which is better to take from Kansai Intl? For me, huh. ;) JR or airport limo? Cos I'm trying to decide whether or not I go ahead to the hotel on my own and not wait for them anymore at arrival.

I read online that if I don't take the Westin shuttle at Osaka Station (which is only till 950pm), I can walk to the hotel for 10mins. Hmmm. Medyo duda ako sa 10mins. Any suggestions? Is The JR Kansai Airport Rapid Train better?

I might look for 2nd hand luxury bags. Saw a lot of pre-owned bags shops in Tokyo a couple of months back. Where is the nearest and most reliable one in the Umeda area?

Lastly, is the Sakura Lounge open for 24hrs at KIX?

jtansanco

  • Guest
Re: Osaka & Kyoto, Japan
« Reply #536 on: October 17, 2014, 11:05:38 am »
^ Assuming JR is Rapit Train and Airport limo is the bus, then they're pretty much the same. I usually use limo from airport to Namba and Rapit from Namba to airport and it's just the same. But since it's Osaka Station, not sure how long it will take though.

I checked in Google Maps about Osaka Station to Westin Hotel and it states 1km far. There's a "underground pedestrian tunnel" so it should be just right assuming you know where to walk.

I don't know much about bags but there's tons of branded stuff in Umeda. Lots of malls in that place.

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: Osaka & Kyoto, Japan
« Reply #537 on: October 17, 2014, 01:02:43 pm »
^Thanks. I think I'll just take the JR West Kansai express n try to get to Osaka stationin time to catch The Westin shuttle. :)

byutijunkie

  • Guest
Re: Osaka & Kyoto, Japan
« Reply #538 on: October 17, 2014, 07:20:32 pm »
^ I saw that timed pass on their official website. How did you get yours? Doon na or in advance?

You get them inside USJ.  there are atm-like machines near the Jaws section and the staff will help you get the tickets from the machines.  I suggest going there first thing when you step inside.   

byutijunkie

  • Guest
Re: Osaka & Kyoto, Japan
« Reply #539 on: October 17, 2014, 07:24:58 pm »

Re timed entry to HP, I understand that you have to get it in the gate/entrance.

The timed pass is available only inside the park.  However, the express pass exempts you from the long lines so if you have that, you might not need the timed passes anymore?  Not so sure since we didn't get the express pass. 

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close