Author Topic: Anti-Aging Tips and Products  (Read 166097 times)

ads83

• GirlTalker
Re: Anti-Aging Products
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2011, 04:39:38 am »
Been using the loreal revitalift night cream, facial wash, toner, and daycream with spf. i like this range better than olay total effects because i think mas may results kaagad with revitalift. i have dull skin when i use regular or generic skin care items. I can't say much with regards to wrinkles coz im still in my late 20s, but my skin feels better with the current products im using. im interested in trying japanese anti-aging products, which ones are highly recommended? :)

btw, i dont recommend the eyecream coz it stings my eyes.. mahal pa naman almost 900!!

oktoberfest22

• Aggrieved.
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2011, 08:02:36 am »
^gusto ko rin yan i-try, sis. kasi affordable compraed to other brands kaya lang natatakot ako na hindi mahiyang. Glad na hiyang ka diyan. With olay total effects kasi, ok sa akin nung first 3 bottles. After that, gumaspang na ang skin ko. Same with regenerist.

Ako naman pinapanindigan ko muna ang tretinoin and sunblock combo. I checked reviews on makeupalley.com for our sisses na nasa 40+ above. and many reviews say,  they look 10 to 20 years older.

Sis I bought tretinoin a month ago pero di ko pa rin ginagamit kasi natatakot akong hindi mahiyang or gumaspang ang skin. Sa iyo ba walang ganoon na nangyari? Do you use it only at night, and sa buong face ba? Thanks!

Be careful. Big Brother is watching...

WhizDy

• GirlTalker
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2011, 08:39:58 am »
been using ponds gold radiance facial wash for more than 2months now. okay sya kasi hindi drying yung formula nya, unlike other facial washes.

chicafabulosa

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2011, 09:19:20 am »
I am using Clarins products and when I reach 35 I might switch to La Prairie na. Although for my dark circles sa eyes, I am already using La Prairie.
A girl's most beautiful outfit is charisma, the prettiest accessory is smile, & the best pair of heels is confidence.

rics

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2011, 09:25:41 am »
I wanted to try SK II  but could not find a store that sells it, i find it quite expensive also but have read good reviews about it.

so now i found sort of an alternative, NeoStrata Intense, good thing it was on sale. i go mostly for its anti-wrinkle content, mainly matrixyl. i have yet to try it though, sana maging effective.
-- If the only prayer you say in your life is "Thank you Lord," that would suffice. --

ads83

• GirlTalker
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2011, 11:15:29 am »
^gusto ko rin yan i-try, sis. kasi affordable compraed to other brands kaya lang natatakot ako na hindi mahiyang. Glad na hiyang ka diyan. With olay total effects kasi, ok sa akin nung first 3 bottles. After that, gumaspang na ang skin ko. Same with regenerist.

yung problem ko naman is dull skin lang. so far ito na ang the best for my skin care regimen. i want to use products that i can buy without hurting my budget because i know that i'll be using skin care products for the rest of my life. gusto ko rin sana magtry ng japanese products. there are some that are not as expensive naman. i just dont know where to start.. ;D

barbiedoll

« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2011, 01:07:47 pm »
@ rics

yes sis you're right look for matrixyl300 as main ingredient,coz this really works daw. i bought skin peptoxyl in hongkong the main ingredient is matrixyl 3000,but since i stay here i bought la mer after i finished skinpeptoxyl,but sad to say it doesnt contain matrixyl 3000. i have a very sensitive skin din kahit sa lamer ng react yun skin ko :( the SA nga from la mer(her name is JAEL) was surprised coz bihira daw yung me nagrreact na skin sa lamer.

still in search for anti aging creams, im on my 2nd bottle na of la mer pero ok lang naman result sa kin,even their regenerating serum d kinaya ng skin ko :( ang mahal pa naman around 14500 ata i have no choice but to sell it to a friend ng less than 10k :(

rics

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2011, 11:22:51 pm »
^i have read about matrixyl also so i looked for an anti-aging product that contains this ingredient that somehow fits my budget. meron din ibang products with this ingredients pero sobrang mahal naman. i was actually torn between strivectin and neostrata, i'll try this first and see before i switch again. i might also try the day moisturizer and maybe the radiance cream and body lotion.
-- If the only prayer you say in your life is "Thank you Lord," that would suffice. --

Senorita fifi

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2011, 03:04:45 pm »
[textspeak!] nw im using revita lift ok naman parang glowing ako pag gising ko compared to other products.
"Dishonest money dwindles away, but he who gathers money little by little makes it grow." (Proverbs 13:11, NIV)

curiouschellie

« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2011, 05:03:03 pm »
Hi Sisses!

If I may join this thread. I've been quite curious of anti-aging and asian skincare routines in the past few months. Reading a lot of articles on the internet and watching videos on youtube, I'd like to share some things that I've learned so far:

- according daw to a study mas maaga ang onset ng hyperpigmentation sa Asian skin kesa other races (Caucasian, African, etc.). tapos pinaliwanag naman sa isang youtube video na kaya nga Koreans, Chinese and Japanese are so much into whitening to minimize nga dark spots, scars and other skin discolorations that may age a person.

- Korean beauty secret - they have this 5-step skincare ritual that they strictly follow to maintain their clear and youthful complexion. who hasn't watched any koreanovela and not seen a scene featuring Korean skincare(facial mask, skin cream, face washing, or the bottles of skincare products in their vanity?)

- there is a Japanese beauty guru that has a book about the Japanese skincare revolution. One of the most famous techniques she taught was the toner facial mask (?) that she recommends to be done everyday.

- there are a lot of sites and videos promoting facial massage for toning the face muscles and promote good circulation.

been trying some of these and I've expanded my skin care products. i've been focusing more on skincare than make up kasi having a nice canvas is the best foundation for any make up you apply, or you can skip make up and still look beautiful.

I think gumagana naman sya so far kasi I met with an old friend (she's visiting from Singapore) and she commented on how my skin looks better than hers (she actually said I look 10 years younger than her, but I'm older by 6 months!)

hope this helps

snowyice

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2011, 05:49:40 pm »
^i have read about matrixyl also so i looked for an anti-aging product that contains this ingredient that somehow fits my budget. meron din ibang products with this ingredients pero sobrang mahal naman. i was actually torn between strivectin and neostrata, i'll try this first and see before i switch again. i might also try the day moisturizer and maybe the radiance cream and body lotion.
strivectin hindi ok sa akin.  Neostrata allergic naman ako. Matrixyl give me instant lift.

LiaCarina

• Probationary
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2011, 07:20:05 pm »

been trying some of these and I've expanded my skin care products. i've been focusing more on skincare than make up kasi having a nice canvas is the best foundation for any make up you apply, or you can skip make up and still look beautiful.

I think gumagana naman sya so far kasi I met with an old friend (she's visiting from Singapore) and she commented on how my skin looks better than hers (she actually said I look 10 years younger than her, but I'm older by 6 months!)

hope this helps
hi sis! Hope you don't mind but what are the products that you use? I'm very interested in this coz I'm already 34 and although people say I don't look my age, still I can see fine lines around my eyes already. I have tried la mer before but it's just so expensive for me. And honestly, I've been venturing into trying natural skin care like organic oils,etc.

curiouschellie

« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2011, 07:52:54 pm »
hi sis! Hope you don't mind but what are the products that you use? I'm very interested in this coz I'm already 34 and although people say I don't look my age, still I can see fine lines around my eyes already. I have tried la mer before but it's just so expensive for me. And honestly, I've been venturing into trying natural skin care like organic oils,etc.

Hi sis! I currently use the following products. I do alternate some of them para hindi ma-immune skin ko. Tapos for anti-aging I look for products na may Retinol or Retinyl Palmitate, AHA or BHA; tapos another concern for me is keeping breakouts at bay.

L'Oreal Revitalift Face Wash
makeup remover (homemade: witch hazel + extra virgin olive oil)
Papaya Soap (still have faint pimple scars kasi)
Witch Hazel Toner
Kojie San Toner
Pure Beauty Pomegranate Night Cream
Pure Beauty Super Brightening Night Cream
HHN night moisturizer
Celeteque moisturizer
Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask (for pimples pre-period)

Please note I'm still on the experimental stage. I'm very fortunate na hindi ako nag-breakout sa mga prods na ginagamit ko, and I do try to find prods that are made with natural or have very few harmful ingredients (i read lesser quantities of ingredients used in prods are found at the bottom part of its ingredient list, yes I do read them now!).

I also do masks every other week, though naghahanap pa ko ng cheaper options kasi i don't find 30+pesos masks sulit for 1 use. Though I do make DIY masks, my fave would be aspirin + yakult! Ang smooth ng face ko after washing it, at parang may glow.

candice12

• Probationary
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2011, 08:05:00 pm »
Does anyone try to use the Time wise miracle set of Mary Kay products? Magandang anti aging yon, i been using that product for 6 months. Nawala yong expression lines ko sa noo na lagi kong pinaproblema.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 09:37:35 pm by candice12 »

oktoberfest22

• Aggrieved.
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2011, 08:38:37 pm »
Marami rin kong fine lines under the eyes. I think it's because I used to smoke a lot. I've been using strivectin eye cream for  month now and I think nale-lessen yung fine lines. But I'll see after about 3 months kung conclusive nga na effective sya.

snowyice

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2011, 10:40:33 pm »
^sis post your review after 3 montrhs.  ;D

miss_dibly

• Boop Boop A Doop!
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Stop bitchin' Start lovin'!
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2011, 08:16:18 am »
I'm using Olay Total Effects and Nivea Q10 Anti wrinkle night cream. :)
--THE MORE YOU KNOW, THE MORE YOU'LL REALIZE HOW LESS YOU KNOW.--

sweet.trish

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2011, 02:08:09 pm »
Marami rin kong fine lines under the eyes. I think it's because I used to smoke a lot. I've been using strivectin eye cream for  month now and I think nale-lessen yung fine lines. But I'll see after about 3 months kung conclusive nga na effective sya.

naku sis pareho tayo. im such a smoker din. medyo iwas na nga kasi ayaw din ni bf.

how much yung strivectin?

oktoberfest22

• Aggrieved.
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2011, 09:30:39 pm »
^ I bought it for P2,500 only at the BPI outlet sale last month or was it March? According to the SA, original price is P7k.

Grabe nga raw magpa-darken ng under eyes at maka-cause ng wrinkles ang smoking. I'm still in my quitting phase. Sana tuloy-tuloy na.

PINKAHOLIC

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Girls, Ladies & Women share the same TEARS!!!
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2011, 11:11:06 pm »
Pwede na ba sakin ang mga anti-aging products?
I'm 20 years old pero mom of two na kaya feeling ko tumatanda na ako dahil sa stress.

Ano po mga products na budget-friendly at effective?
I'm not insecure to celebs walk on the RED CARPET cause they are famous.
I walk on a TOILET PAPER cause i'm just ordinary,
But at least i have my PRIVACY..

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close